1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

1 vs 1 Milotic

Discussion in 'Gen 5 1v1 Analyses' started by monki118, Jul 2, 2013.

1. monki118

monki118 New Member

Milotic
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Nature: +Defense -Attack
    252 Defense and Sp Defense and 4 Sp Attack.
    Item: Rocky Helmet
    Moves:
    -Toxic
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

Always loses against Reuniclus, Deo-D, most times against Whimsicott, and some more i can't remember ^^
    but it's very good: took me to rank 1 some times.

2. Youngster Raz

Youngster Raz Member

Come on, say a bit more about your prized set there, Monki :).

For example: This looks like a burn/poison stall set, with a bit of anti-Dragon burst in there, so why the Rocky Helmet (I have an idea, but stuff like this should be in the final analysis) over Leftovers?

3. Scene

Scene reverie

You should use the exportable feature in teambuilder to show the set, not type it up yourself :p

And yeah, a little more explanation/pictures might be nice.

4. monki118

monki118 New Member

Sorry, it was my first post

Sorry guys, it's my first post so let me get to know how this works XD

If you want me to explain why the rocky helmet, it's easy: most people will attack milotic whith physical moves cause of it's great SP. defense so it's a bonus of 15% damage dealt every time they hit it. Very useful against Victini, Dragonite, Infernape, etc...

5. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

The EVs seem very inefficient to me. Wouldn't you want Max HP, max Defence and then 4 in Special Defence for optimal bulk? Seeing as you're using the Rocky Helmet, I'd imagine taking physical hits as well as possible would be the plan?

Oh, and for future reference, the template for analyses is this:

Pokemon @ Hold item
    Ability (or trait if you prefer to say that):
    EVs: (List them in this order; HP, Atk, Def, SAtk, SDef, Spd. If they're uninvested, don't list them lol)
    Nature (+A, -B)

-move 1
    -move 2
    -move 3
    -move 4

Simple enough, huh? Also, discussing it a bit would be REALLY helpful for QC members. In particular, explain what the EVs do, why the given hold item is chosen, why the particular moves are listed, and why they're effective among others things. Listing some common scenarios would also be helpful, i.e. "Milotic is a brilliant bulky Water, but it will have some serious trouble beating opposing bulky Waters such as Tentacruel one on one. Toxicroak also gives it a lot of trouble with its Dry Skin ability and immunity to Toxic."

Note that this quote has no reflection on the 1v1 tier. I know next to nothing about this tier lol. That was just an example of what your standard analysis would say.

Hope this helps. :3

6. Youngster Raz

Youngster Raz Member

I have no problems with the formatting - we don't get a lot of posts to begin with, so I'm happy to just have some to read... Just say a bit about it, you said you used it quite a bit, so you should have a few stories and qualities to share, right?

I'm gonna test it a bit myself, see how it works and stuff.

7. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Badged Deucer

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    I'm glad to see you starting to put up your analyses monki ;)
    To copy the set from your teambuilder, there's a bit at the top called Teams (Next to File); Click Export Team and just copy and paste here.
    Explanation of how the set works and EVs etc. work is wonderful when you can manage them, and the rest of us can usually help bulk up the analysis.
    I've been setting a really bad example recently of creating sets and giving not enough information on how they work XD