1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Ignored Users in Battle

Discussion in 'Interesting suggestions' started by SongSing, Jul 3, 2013.

1. SongSing

SongSing KILLL

PO Trainer Name:
    SongSing
    Hi. If you want to ignore someone on PO, it probably means you don't want to hear (read?) them, like, at all. >.> But currently, people you've ignored can still come into your battles and talk, etc. This either means you have to:

1. Stop battling - seems sortof messed up since this is a battle sim :\
    or
    2. Click "Ignore Spectators" - I personally like talk to alot of people that decide to spectate my matches, since they're my friends, and I'm sure others do too.

I was just wondering if there was a way to stop posts from people you've ignored from showing up in battle like this :3

(I know you can say just ignore them/whatever, it's not a personal problem of mine, I'm just saying there's probably someone who wants to just ignore another user.)

2. ArchZombie

ArchZombie Member

PO Trainer Name:
    ArchZombie0x
    I think this could be added. But for now you might want to try using client scripts as a temporary fix. (I don't know if they can do this, but it's worth a try)

Update: Probably wont be fixed (by me anyway.) The relevant code is hard to change because it's sending an array of bytes to the battle window...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  3. SongSing

SongSing KILLL

PO Trainer Name:
    SongSing
    I don't know much about how the messages are sent, but couldn't you check the completed message for [ignored user's name] + ":" before sending it, and have it not send if it returns true? :0 I'm pretty sure messages from others are not stoppable in client/battle scripts. I just really think if there's an ignore option at all it should work anywhere on the client. :p