1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Final] Cranidos

Discussion in 'Gen 5 LC Analyses' started by Dr. Doom, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Sorry I've not viewed this in a while, been busy with POCL etc and got used to not checking this forum since it died.

Best mention that the RP set struggles to set up on most of the metagame, most things will either dent it heavily and take it within range of most Sucker Punches, Aqua Jets or Mach Punches, if not within range of LO threatening to kill it off, or they will be able to burn or para it and make it near useless. I would also slash in Eviolite on the RP set for that reason, idk how its damage fares after that though, I've never done calcs for Cranidos.

Scarf Misdreavus is not as common as this analysis would imply, all its Scarf sets combined make up about 10% of its usage, so it's not so common. Some more common scarfers you could mention would be Magnemite, Larvesta or Snover (first 3 I thought of).

Slowpoke makes for a decent check, even a banded Head Smash will rarely OHKO (not even guaranteed after rocks), it still can't come in on Head Smash from Scarfer even but it doesn't do too bad against most other things.

Thanks for writing this and sorry again it got no love until now. I might add more in a bit

3. Rioku

Rioku Not again.

PO Trainer Name:
    Shou
    Just thought I'd add something to this, Shroomish is a really good check for Crainidos and is probably the closest thing to a counter for the choice band set, because of its high physical defense and STAB giga drain. It fears fire punch but still works pretty well. You can also revenge it pretty well with a scarf Maggy's flash cannon. Maybe try to add in Drilbur and Abra both check rp pretty well and I think Drilbur will live any hit it can give, while Abra will survive with focus sash, if rocks aren't up (IDK if mold breaker makes hazards hit Abra)

I believer the damage calculation commands are these: {{DamageCalc/Body}} and {{DamageCalc/Footer}}

4. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

Thanks very much. Will add those suggestions in.

What's the total formula for typing in damage calculations? I tried the command but it didn't work.

Edit: It's now on Wiki.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013