1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Share Your Battles - Round 4

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel' started by Kyrk, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Apologies for the delay. Also want to note that Challenge Cup matches will more than likely be rejected. Battle Factory is acceptable if it meets the standards like the other tiers:

This is the community battle thread, where players who know how to battle have the chance to be featured on our Youtube channel, whether they're "popular" or not.

This is the method:

When you submit a battle, post it in the following format:

You can also submit other player's battles you find on the server if you believe they're of high-quality; just make sure the players agree to you submitting it and can provide their full log first. When submitting a scouted battle, use the same format excluding the Youtube channel link (unless you know the players' channel links.) You can submit up to 3 scouted battles.

How we evaluate your submissions:

Please do NOT:

If you have any questions, post in the thread or PM your questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Evaluation Team:
    - Hikari
    - Fitzy
    - Finchinator
    - Tyki
    - Mutalisk
    - ThatIsWhatSheSaid
    - Hannah Banana

Deadline: August 30th

---------------------------------------
    RESULTS FROM LAST ROUND
    ---------------------------------------​

Key to Beastly vs Mfhoundoom - Wifi LU
    Approve: 5 | Reject: 2 | Abstain: 0 | APPROVED

Hikari - Approve
    Decent match, nothing special. There were some decent plays made by both players, which is good.[/HIDE]

Fitzy - Reject
    Boring match, no good predictions just obvious moves all the way though.[/HIDE]

Finchinator - Approve
    It was a decent battle. Sadly, the Fire Blast miss from Houndoom screwed Mfhoundoom over. However, bar that little hax and Beastly's lack for a Houndoom answer, the battle was great. They both made high-level predictions and knew what they were doing, for the most part. I specifically like the fast pace of the game which'll make good content and not bore spectators. [/HIDE]

Tyki - Approve
    Some hax was involved and not all parts of the match were amazingly played, but it's good enough IMO. [/HIDE]

Mutalisk - Reject
    [/HIDE]

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - Approve
    Even match, little hax on both sides, good predictions and all in all a good battle. [/HIDE]

Hannah - Approve
    The battle was pretty good. mfhoundoom had a few spectacular plays plus that houndoom was just a mf.[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

Nainil vs Beast - Challenge Cup
    Approve: | Reject: | Abstain: | REJECTED
    Rejected for Challenge Cup.

MewtwoHidden vs ZoroDark - Wifi Ubers
    Approve: 0 | Reject: 5 | Abstain: 2 | REJECTED

Hikari - Reject
    Both players played terribly and the match was haxy.[/HIDE]

Fitzy - Reject
    Holy luck! This battle was decided by the RNG.[/HIDE]

Finchinator - Reject
    MewtwoHidden didn't really play well, nor was his team that great. His Groudon was trained very well and T-Wave Groudon, in my opinion, is garbo. Also, he crit that thunder, which was huge! ZoroDark outplayed him and it should've been a lopsided victory. Not to mention that I don't know much ubers, but don't all Kabutops have Aqua Jet and shouldn't Genesect not be running RP (MewtwoHidden said it was RP and he would've swept with it near the last few turns._.)[/HIDE]

Tyki - Abstain
    Groudon took out half of the team, but Zoro came back. It was quick too. Not sure how I feel about this. [/HIDE]

Mutalisk - Reject
    [/HIDE]

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - Abstain
    The battle was pretty fast paced and came down to the wire. My only problem is that there was a ton of hax. I was leaning towards a reject but I have to pass on this one.[/HIDE]

Hannah - Reject
    The match was too sloppy, there were different hax everywhere and not really that many noteworthy plays, none that's worth highlighting at all.[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[Eon]Haxorus vs BlackWallStreet - Challenge Cup
    Approve: | Reject: | Abstain: | REJECTED
    Rejected for Challenge Cup and not even trying to follow the format.

[Master]Leon vs [Master]FTW - Wifi Ubers
    Approve: 2 | Reject: 4 | Abstain: 1 | REJECTED

Hikari - Reject
    Match was over in turn 23, they kept playing till turn 42[/HIDE]

Fitzy - [COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR]
    Half and half on this one. On one hand it's a great example of showing the power of Genesect, but you could tell from half way through the battle that recover arceus was going to win it.[/HIDE]

Finchinator - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Leon and FTW both played decently, with FTW being slightly better. The two confusions really hurt FTW, assuming Gira had Draco, but that's water under the bridge. Otherwise, it was a pretty standard and very close match. Not sure why Leon didn't goto Genesect and Boom / Iron Head the Arceus, but maybe Leon's Genesect lacked either of those moves / the ability to kill Arceus so, FTW swept with it in a close game (1-0.)[/HIDE]

Tyki - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Not bad. Seems competitive enough.[/HIDE]

Mutalisk - [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER][/HIDE]

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Pretty boring ending, seemed like Leon didn’t do anything to prevent a lastmon sweep by the Arceus despite seeing Recover early enough. I’m not super knowledgeable about Ubers but imo this isn’t worth it.[/HIDE]

Hannah - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER][/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B]MewtwoHidden's match[/B] - Wifi OU
    Approve: | Reject: | Abstain: | [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]REJECTED[/B][/COLOR]
    Rejected because link didn't allow access to replay.

[B]Finchinator vs Meh[/B] - Wifi OU
    Approve: 2 | Reject: 1 | Abstain: 4 | [B][COLOR="#008000"]APPROVED[/COLOR][/B]

[SPOILER]
    Hikari - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Cool game, however Finch kinda fucked up at the end for taking needless risks.[/HIDE]

Fitzy - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Some silly plays like keeping chomp in on latias and stuff but it was an entertaining game and I still wasn't sure who won until near the end.[/HIDE]

Finchinator - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER]It involves me.[/HIDE]

Tyki - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER]I feel like Finch threw, but idk.[/HIDE]

Mutalisk - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER][/HIDE]

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER]The battle was fine, the play was fine, I just didn’t find it all that exciting.[/HIDE]

Hannah - [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]For the earlier part of the battle, it seemed obviously one sided. My biggest problem here was there were little notable plays other than that HP GROUND JIRACHI. Finch just got too cocky and ended up choking away the win.[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B]Emi vs [Hero]SharpEdge[/B] - Wifi UU
    Approve: 3 | Reject: 1 | Abstain: 3 | [B][COLOR="#008000"]APPROVED[/COLOR][/B]

[SPOILER]
    Hikari - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER]It involves me[/HIDE]

Fitzy - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER]Couldn't access battle.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]A pretty nice match, nothing that extrodinary, nor nothing horrible. I enjoyed seeing both players plays, teams, etc. Nothing much to say except this'll make good content![/HIDE]

Tyki - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER][/HIDE]

Mutalisk - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER][/HIDE]

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Didn’t blow me away, but it was a fairly good battle with some good prediction. Pretty close too (if Torterra didn’t tank it woulda been gg).[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]The match wasn't really much of a match. It was pretty one sided despite the numerous opportunities that opened up for Fille. BR was just running circles while Fille was barely keeping up and getting outplayed at different turns. Even some hax couldn't turn the tides on this one so..[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B]Finchinator vs ZoroDark[/B] - Wifi NU
    Approve: 1 | Reject: 4 | Abstain: 2 | [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]REJECTED[/COLOR][/B]

[SPOILER]
    [SPOILER]Good match.[/HIDE]

Fitzy - [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Good start but end was repetitive and silly.[/HIDE]

Finchinator - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER]It involves me.[/HIDE]

Tyki - [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Quick game for Zoro, then Musharna walled his team. Good battle, but not fun to watch.[/HIDE]

Mutalisk - [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER][/HIDE]

[SPOILER][/HIDE]

[SPOILER]It was a pretty stale battle. Nothing spectacular about it from what I read. Finch played pretty meh at a lot of points and it stalled out longer because of team advantage (which he didn't manage to get the win with, even) [/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B]New Breed vs Hot N Cold[/B] - Wifi LU
    Approve: 6 | Reject: 0 | Abstain: 1 | [B][COLOR="#008000"]APPROVED[/COLOR][/B]

[SPOILER]
    [SPOILER]Another good match.[/HIDE]

Fitzy - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Well executed plan thanks to prediction despite taking a nasty loss early on thanks to luck.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]A great battle, was pretty close and for a highish stakes tournament. Megahorn miss was kinda dumb, but it didn't effect the outcome. The foresight was kinda important and that prediction was key, props to new breed. Overall, good battle - enjoyed and approved![/HIDE]

[SPOILER]Well Played.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER][/HIDE]

[SPOILER]As far as LU battles go I like the Beastly/mfh battle better. This was a well played and pretty close battle it just wasn’t as exciting prediction-wise and such, and featured a less interesting team matchup.[/HIDE]

Hannah - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]One of the better battles around, both played quite well. I'd say that this was one of the batter battles among the lot. Some key predictions and such.[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B][Masters]Leon vs ZoroDark[/B] - Wifi Ubers
    Approve: 3 | Reject: 2 | Abstain: 1 | [B][COLOR="#008000"]APPROVED[/COLOR][/B]

[SPOILER]
    Hikari - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER][/HIDE]

[SPOILER]Can't help but feel this is just him showing off that Tailwind Ho-Oh.[/HIDE]

Finchinator - [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Good battle, but it's the same team as before and the ending (imo) is kinda buzzkill. Not that I'd shun people from submitting multiple battles, but make sure to use different teams / have it in different tiers. [/HIDE]

[SPOILER]The tie is pretty cool I guess.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER][/HIDE]

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Close, good match, was won by an interesting set (tailwind Ho-oh). The play was fine on both sides. Although I’m not the most knowledgable about oobers I enjoyed it.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]A really interesting battle. It's pretty short but still decent. The big hax in the middle of the game was extremely noteworthy, but grace under pressure. Not particularly a big fan of ubers battles but this one was good enough. [/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B]FlyingZebra vs Xclus|ZodiaK[/B] - Wifi NU
    Approve: 3 | Reject: 3 | Abstain: 1 | [B][COLOR="#0000FF"]APPROVED WITH TIEBREAKER[/COLOR][/B]

[SPOILER]
    [SPOILER]Pretty good and entertaining match.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]It was an exciting battle and he set up the sweep very well. ZodiaK appeared to have the game. Hell, maybe even a 6-0. However, the change of events due to Scyther were exciting and turned the tables in the favor of Zebra. This'd make exciting content, imo.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]Scyther played out well, even though it was a sweep[/HIDE]

[SPOILER][/HIDE]

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Zodiak really didn’t have anything for Scyther and did not play around it very well, and ended up losing a huge lead just to it. Imo not the best play.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]Just from team preview I'd have to go eeeh.. with their lineups for the BOTW. Majority of the time ZodiaK was just blundering. The clutch was pretty neat but all in all I'd have to say no.[/HIDE]

Kyrk (Tiebreaker) - [B][COLOR="#008000"]Approve[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]This was a pretty cool match with good plays. Despite ZodiaK's huge 6-2 lead and some unfortunate crits, Zebra was able to make an excellent comeback with Scyther thanks to Stealth Rock and paralysis support combined with the general weakening of ZodiaK's team. Only really weird play I saw was switching and keeping Wartortle in on Rotom to spin the rocks when he could have done so later in the game.[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B]Kyrk vs a loser[/B] - Wifi UU
    Approve: 4 | Reject: 1 | Abstain: 2 | [B][COLOR="#008000"]APPROVED[/COLOR][/B]

[SPOILER]
    [SPOILER]Decent match.[/HIDE]

Fitzy - [B]Abstain[/B]
    [SPOILER]I liked the battle, but it didn't really stand out to me.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]Close and fun UU game. Some nice predictions and wallbreakers...beaking walls! Overall, the offensive pace will avoid a boring upload and the battle overall will make good content as it's somewhat unconventional but, not that farfetch'd sets or anything.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]Good game.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER][/HIDE]

[SPOILER]Couldn't access battle.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]Kyrk's plays were pretty good all together, though team advantage seems to have fucked him up at some point. Great plays from one side, but eehh.. on the other...[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[B]Bugzinator vs a loser[/B] - Wifi UU
    Approve: 4 | Reject: 2 | Abstain: 1 | [B][COLOR="#008000"]APPROVED[/COLOR][/B]

[SPOILER]
    Hikari - [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Reject[/COLOR][/B]
    [SPOILER]Bugzinator choked and sacced his most important Pokemon for absolutely no reason.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]Started off a good battle to watch, fell to pieces.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]I love the predictions with HP Ice, Grass Knot, Focus Blast, etc. These plays really make this battle stand out as a great one.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]I really don't know what happened there. bugs predicted the entire time, but his weird Crobat costed him the game I guess. Meh.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER][/HIDE]

[SPOILER]It was a damn good battle with a lot of damn good predictions, but unfortunately the Crobat on Crobat matchup ruins it for me. Slows the match down too much for a YT battle imo.[/HIDE]

[SPOILER]This battle was pretty good, Bugzy was a step ahead most of the team and kept up good momentum. Though a few turns of roost-stall isn't particularly fun to look at. A crucial predict and outplay costed him the game at the latter part. Still, good game I guess.[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]
    [/HIDE][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

Username: Dude24
    Server username(s) (optional) : Dude24
    Battle link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a35lb5e03j5gztf/Dude24%20vs%20Isa-%20at%2001h02.poreplay
    Tier: RBY OU
    Number of turns: 66 :( (though last 10 turns or so was just his alakazam killing my chansey, which takes a while)
    Battle description: This was the third battle in my gym challenge, Isa- said this was the best game he even wrote a war story here. This was a pretty actioned packed match and a longer lasting game of RBY that's i've played. I made some key moves like keeping Rhydon in a Eggy as he switched to Chan to heal, which allowed me to get rid of it early. Also using Hyper Beam on Rhydon allowed me to kill his Eggy when it was low and health and Rock Slide wouldn't cut it. A key moment was also my Gengar vs his Tauros, I lost both speed ties and my Thunderbolt just went short of killing him in a lowish roll, that ended up being very important as it proved to be a menace. Also it came down to 2-2, I had my Tauros and Chansey vs his para'd Alakazam and Rhydon. Body Slam wasn't enough to kill Ala so I had to either Hyper Beam to KO or predict Rhydon switch. If he stayed in and I Hyper Beamed I won, If he goes to Rhydon and I BS / EQ I won, If I stayed in and used BS and he got fully para's I won, If I stayed in and he used Thunder Wave, I lose. And in the end the last outcome happened, I used EQ by accident but it didn't change anything.
    Your team: Gengar / Eggy / Tauros / Lapras / Chansey / Rhydon
    Opponent's team: Alakazam / Eggy / Snorlax / Chansey / Tauros / Rhydon

Might edit with more if I find, since I haven't really put things here when I should.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  3. FrontierDarkness

FrontierDarkness Da' Hell?

PO Trainer Name:
    FrontierDarkness
    Username: Archeops' Invasion
    Server username(s) (optional) : FrontierD
    Battle link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8d36ufx622t8vw6/FrontierD_vs_MeowMix_at_15h04.poreplay
    Tier: HGSS OU
    Number of turns: 29 (should be ok.)
    Battle description: I started out with fake out just in case he had focus sash, he didn't seem to have leftovers so I assumed it was sashed and went straight for fire blast and got surprised to see it was an occa berry set. Later in the battle I tank an iron head from his jirachi with my jolteon and successfully land a thunder wave allowing me to cripple his scarfrachi, I also switch in case I need to KO Suicune later and go into infernape to finish jirachi off. I then go for close combat in case he switches to suicune so I then finish off jirachi. He then sends out dragonite and I realize that jolteon won't be doing anything other than ko' ing suicune which I can take out later. Finally after thinking I lost I go for outrage with flygon against his rotom wash and I survived a hydro pump and finish it off. A really exciting and close match for me ^-^
    Your team: Infernape / Celebi / Lucario / Jolteon / Starmie / Flygon
    Opponent's team: Metagross / Suicune / Rotom-W / Jirachi / Lucario / Dragonite

4. -Leon-

-Leon- bae <3

PO Trainer Name:
    -Leon-
    Username: [IMP]Leon
    Server username(s) (optional) : Leontest/[IDM]Leon
    Battle link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8dgd9uxo0cxyg3/[IDM]Champion vs [IDM]Leon at 21h09.poreplay?m
    Tier: Wifi OU
    Number of turns: 24
    Battle description: An idm channel tour battle between me and my friend Champion.He had a team advantage with Rotom+Megnazone,but a modest thundurus-t managed to take it down(I don't think crit mattered) thanks to thunder not missing in sand.In mid game,I was able to predict his Latios and Jira switch in out,which made me win the game with Starmie,which cleaned his team nicely in late game.It was a fun hax free game,although it wasn't that long.
    Your team: Politoed / Garchomp / Starmie / Gyarados / Ferrothorn / Thundurus-T
    Opponent's team: Hippowdon / Rotom-W / Latios / Gliscor / Magnezone / Jirachi
    YouTube channel link (optional) : https://www.youtube.com/user/darkdragonite7770?feature=watch (ik the name is retard,but can't change on youtube ;-;)

5. LegendFoxy

LegendFoxy New Member

Working on it..

6. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    I'll give you guys a week to send in some more battles or so. Just send in anything you had fun with!

7. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    Closing this thread and sending links to evaluators. Next round will be up shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.