1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Final] Gen 5 1v1 Ubers Whimsicott

Discussion in 'Gen 5 1v1 Analyses' started by Youngster Raz, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Youngster Raz

Youngster Raz Member

==General==
    - Prankster
    - Prankster
    - Did I mention Prankster?
    - Leech Seed

==SubProtectSeed==
    Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Taunt/Encore

Everyone knows it, everyone hates it, no one prepares for it. Good old-fashioned Subseed + Protect works best in a tier where everything has crazy HP.

==Other Options==
    - An attack so that it's not Tauntbait itself (only applies to the mirror match) and can actually hurt other Grass types.
    - 0 HP IVs increase the % HP regenerated. Lowering the level has the same effect, but it deducts Speed.

==Matchups==
    - ExtremeSpeed users (Arceus/Deoxys)
    - Multi hit attacks
    - Unexpected Choice-Trick
    - An unexpected attack when it Taunts
    - Grass types

Does that sound about right?

The final thing will of course not look like this, but I'm the only one writing these at the moment, anyway. Might as well have some fun while doing so.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Badged Deucer

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    Yeah that's a good sort of skeleton.. I don't have much to add, but that seems to sum most of what it does pretty well. You could mention having a slightly lower level than 100 for more HP gain. People do do that.

3. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    That's why I ALWAYS run Taunt in 1v1.

4. Youngster Raz

Youngster Raz Member

Added the mention of the lower level at the expense of Speed.

I haven't had much experience with Whimsi yet (But I intend to change that), so if you have anything more to add, feel free to do so. If no one posts anything, I'll get it up on the wiki in a few days maybe.

Ok, after using it a bit, I must say... I hate it with every fiber of my being. It's like every match is a crazy prediction game.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  5. Youngster Raz

Youngster Raz Member

6. Disaster Area

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    There are some information pages on PO about proper naming of them xD
    Also I've noticed it also has a standard 1v1 analysis but didn't see the mention of the move encore on there..

7. Youngster Raz

Youngster Raz Member

I didn't mention encore because.... what's the point? What are you going to encore, ExtremeSpeed? Toxic? Substitute? It's not like that would change anything, at least not in ubers (In my opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course). The only application would probably be to prevent Lugia from regenerating, and Taunt does that just the same, probably even better.

And about that 1v1 analysis. Right, I forgot that existed, thought it was cottonee.... Well, having both is a bit redundant, as they the one written for normal 1v1 incorporates ubers. Should we get rid of one and just redirect?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  8. Disaster Area

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    Good question, and not one for me. Message Spoovo perhaps?

9. Youngster Raz

Youngster Raz Member

Wasn't there another guy around who should have a word with these things? I think his name began with X ...?

Also I don't really think this is significant enough to make much of a fuzz about it... It's not like these articles will be read by many people, especially with gen6 around the corner.