1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Community] Introductions Topic

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Elements, May 11, 2010.

1. Sergeant Johnson

Sergeant Johnson New Member

How's it going? I've returned from the dead after using the devil as my punching bag.

But seriously, I'm the kind of guy who would get along with everybody,pretty active on the server and that's about it.

2. Zorayda

Zorayda New Member

Heya, I'm Zorayda! I go by Zor or Zorry, sometimes Zora, or whatever the heck you wanna call me. Hall of Famer introduced me to this site and to Pokemon Online. I'm a total newbie to competitive, around-the-world Pokemon battles, so whatever you can teach me, please do! I love Pokemon among many other fandoms, as well. I love to chat and learn new things. I'm an RP'er, mostly, on other sites, so a pure battle-oriented site is new to me :3

I'm a girl, if you haven't figured that out by now XP. I'm 21 years old and I still haven't grown up yet, lol. I'm in college and the like, so I don't have TONS of time to devote to battling and PO, but I will try. Can't wait to meet you all!

Oh, and I haven't really developed a favorite battling style yet, so some help with that would be very nice :3 Thank you!

3. EonFriend

EonFriend Member

Hi everyone! EonFriend here!

I am new to the Pokemon Online forums (for now at least), though I have been playing on the simulator for quite sometime. 16 years old when I post this, and I live in the "not-so-exciting" Southern reaches of India. I have known Pokemon from when I was an 8 year old boy. The first Pokemon game I played was Gold on an emulator. I followed it up with Crystal, Red and Blue, then got myself a Gameboy advance and played Sapphire and Emerald on it. I have a Nintendo DS now (with only 2 games currently: Pokemon Diamond and PMD sky).

Having got to know of Sonic the Hedgehog only on July-August of 2010 (shame on me for living so long without knowing Sonic), I am rather good fan of the series. I am aiming to get all the PC and DS games of Sonic currently.

I decided to try the competitive world of Pokemon around April-May 2010, and went to Smogon first. Then, a friend directed me to Pokemon Online, and I pretty much settled on PO since then. I am rather interested in the various possibilities of strategy in competitive battling and thus I found it fun. I go around making new strategies and tactics to counter the top threats on the meta-game, rather than use them directly. My style tends to be Balanced or Semi-offensive, and I go in for prediction warfare many times too. I am not all that good at other play-styles, but neither am I a complete fail with them.

I can't really pick one Pokemon as my favorite since I like all the Eeveelutions a lot.

I have recently taken a slight interest towards Graphics designing on GIMP after looking at the nice themes of Gilad, various HeroOfSinnoh's artworks and other such visual spectacles, though I hardly find time for it.

I don't like emoticons much, though they are rather handy on rare occasions in my case.:p
    I have no significant alts on PO and you will find me as EonFriend almost all the time.

4. Solace.

Solace. New Member

Hi, I'm Solace.

I decided to join the forums after using the simulator a bit.
    Hope I have fun here!

5. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

Yo. I should make a post here.

I'm the best. I started out with competitive mons when I found Smogon, and since then, I've found other communities as well, including this one. I'm still pretty new, having played competitively only around 5 months, but I'm still the best. I'm male, living in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and currently a sophomore in high school, being a general overachiever and currently taking Russian, Japanese, and Spanish, as well as Pre-Calc (although such overachieving is commonplace at my school) and a plethora of other fun classes. XD

I have the tendency to hax my opponents into oblivion, so keep that in mind if you ever play me. With that said, I'm the best, so you'll lose anyway.

I'M SO AWESOME!

6. Slipperjeans

Slipperjeans Loose pants

cosmic, you aren't new, you have more than 300 posts >:O

7. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

I know, but I'm newer than many people, and never actually did post here when I joined. I thought that I should, especially since SS posted last page, and he's more senior than I am.

8. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

I am stupid don't underestimated me or you will seem stupid too.

You got it? Good.

9. Ben Towers

Ben Towers New Member

Hello, I'm Ben, soon to be resident Gimmicks User. I've been battling on the server for a while, and I finally found the time to go an be a member of the forums. Fun.

I'm mostly a strategist as opposed to a competitive battler, so expect a lot of guides from me, and feel free to ask me if something Gimmicky is effective or not, as chances are, I've tried it already. I'm always open to a friendly fight (with preference to Doubles).

I'll likely be active a lot, as I have lots of free time.

10. Sherry

Sherry New Member

Hello, I'm Sherry :)
    Yes, that is my real name :)
    Glad to be here. Oh, and by the way, I'm HeroOfSinnoh's sister.

11. Es.Houdin

Es.Houdin Member

Hi, look to the left, luungoc2005... or Konnitiwa/Super Basic on PO

I'm new here but I've been lurking for a while sooooo I like to think that I know quite a few ppl around here :p

12. SleazyMiah

SleazyMiah New Member

Why hello there!!

I just recently got back into competitive pokemon battling after about a year of not playing pokemon. Hopefully I still have the knack for it eh?

So I was on another pokemon related site and heard about pokemon online and I downloaded it and it was awesome!!

So here I am! If anyone wants to battle sometime message me!

13. Hiroshi

Hiroshi New Member

Hello, My navigator suggested me to add a post on some introduction forum, so i went to "search" and found this one :)

I am Hiroshi, commonly known as [Moonrise]Hiroshi on Pokemon-Online Server! I have been playing PO for 3 weeks and i really find it interesting! you can make a pkmn skilled without training and think for strategies to avoid troubles and take advantage from other teams! Just because i am on holidays, i ve time to be on my laptop playing for hours, so don't be week and fight me back! ;)

Ehm, i got a question, how do you put messages bellow your post?, so like "Known as IFM or idiotfrommars on PO, idiotfrommars on Smogon"
    Thanks

14. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    Click settings next to your name in the top right, then edit signature

15. RedBurn

RedBurn New Member

Hello! Look at your post, now back to mine, now back your your post, now back to mine. Something wrong with it? YES!! It is not my post! And will it be my post? NO!!

I love doing that joke. X3

16. Hiroshi

Hiroshi New Member

Thanks! :)

17. Hiroshi

Hiroshi New Member

Guess i did it!

18. Hamek

Hamek New Member

I'm Hamek. I'm relatively new to the competitive scene, beginning in spring 2010, where I started at smogon for a bit, then found a few pokemon players at another site that I was at, and then today I finally asked for a pokemon forum so I could get better at 5th gen, and he linked me here.

19. Phantom

Phantom New Member

New and sending greetings

Call me Phantom.
    Finding a place like this was interesting for me, as it give a straightforward-jump into battle-no questions asked features that i find entertaining.
    For pokemon, Ive been around more involved since the release of Gold and Sliver versions. More gold as my main, while touching base with the first generation.
    At that point im a newb to the later ones as i took of gaming to concentrate on real life. But still liked to look back and wonder how far it seems now i was playing to what is offered now.
    Im gald this place would give me a good chance as any to take a shot and see if im still up to snuff, and can keep up with the young ins XD
    Im looking forward to alot of battles and win or lose, it doesn't matter. Its the battle that matters. I hope to meet others soon.

20. Blue Cobra

Blue Cobra New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Nikolaj
    Hi there everybody!
    My name is Nikolaj and i'm 17 years old.
    I have been playing Pokemon in about 11 years, and i love the universe. I'm watching the anime, playing the DS games, writing on forums and has began to play Pokemon Online.

I hope to get good friends and a good time at Pokemon Online ^^

21. Xantouke

Xantouke New Member

Hello Hello

Yo, just call me Xantouke (said Zan-touk). I am 18 years of age.

I'm relatively new to this sorta thing. I've always liked Pokemon. Played the video games as a kid. But never took it to the extreme. But I ran into some folks that did and they wet my interest in it.
    Already downloaded the sim, built a team, and battled. I think I still have a lot to learn seeing as I've lost all my battles. Hehe. It's interesting reading other folks talking strategies on the boards and in the chats. It's a different world entirely.
    I hope I'll get better and be able to kick some butt later on, but until then, be nice to this newbie. C;

22. Smeargle

Smeargle New Member

Hi everyone... I just joined this awesome community and game and have to say, I'm really enjoying this simulator.
    There's things to be fix, but overall it is great!

I'm a rather retro poke player, the last game I played was Gold version. But I'm trying to get up to date... hope to see ya all around the servers and have great battles... and learn a lot, as lots of you have said, I'm not such a hardcore player, but trying my best!

greets!

23. Buch

Buch New Member

Hello, I am buch, my real name is josh but my last name gave me a nickname in school and....it kind of stuck with me ever since. I've been playing pokemon since i stumbled upon my brother's pokemon red game and immediately got addicted and beat him within the week. He then quit.... xD. (he was like 15 and I was 6) As you can see I just am obsessed with ludicolo, how could you not love that big dancing pineapple? :D That sombraro is awesome. I would just be estatic if a ludicolo came by and handed me a taco and started dancing, that would be awesome.

24. Yami Siliso

Yami Siliso New Member

HI! I'm a real NEWB when it comes to online Pokemon games like this one.
    I just had my first 2 battles(Boy did I lose! LOL! But I made a friend! ^-^) and still have much to learn.
    But I still got SPUNK and POSITIVITY! XD

NEWAYZ, Jesus is my Lord and Savior and I hope that everyone has a Blessed and Wonderful Time!

25. easycheese

easycheese Member

Hey, I'm Easycheese and I'm getting owned in the Metagame, but I'm only playing to have fun :)

Glad to meet y'all

26. nesan

nesan Love is blind

I have not introduced myself properly yet. Hello everyone, I am Nesan. Nice to meet you all.

27. NuggetFan15

NuggetFan15 New Member

Hi, im Dan... im new to competitive pokemon battling and i just wanna play for fun. btw does everyone use action replay to make their teams or naturally raise them???

28. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer SWAG

We use the simulator Pokemon Online, mostly. You can get more information here or download the client here. If you're talking about the majority of the community of users that battle on DS Wi-Fi, most people use "naturally raised" teams, resetting for good natures and IVs (if you don't know what these are, look here), although some manipulate the RNG, a process which is detailed in this Smogon thread. Some do use an Action Replay, but they must only use legal pokemon, and must tell everyone they battle that they use one, or they will be shunned from most competitive Wi-Fi battling communities.

Is it fine that I used Smogon links or should I not give them in these situations?

29. LILY-FLAME

LILY-FLAME Member

ohhhh yeeaaah. did you miss me?

30. Shawn Frost

Shawn Frost Neko-sama

I can't believe I posted in this topic but didn't introduce my self ._. Well Nesan did and he joined earlier than me so xD

Ok I'm Shawn Frost ( No that's not my real name, I'm just anime fan <3). I'm almost 14 (just 2 weeks to go D=). I've gotten into competitive battling in August 2010, and I've gotten into PO since. I don't really go on PO on any other alt, sometimes Finnian Frost, or anything with Frost :]

And no, I'm not Spanish, and I don't play Zelda, so don't think I'm the other Shawn Frost =]

31. Clubinhand

Clubinhand New Member

Hey I'm New

So yeah I don't know how often you get someone new here but whats up? Anyway recently started playing pokemon after a long time of ignoring it found out there's a more competitive nature to the game and that's what I need to really enjoy a game. I mean it's been so long from me playing Pokemon I had no clue what steel and dark types were etc. But nonetheless I've gotten hooked now thanks to a friend read up on EV training and been checking out a few sites. Found your Pokemon online simulator, Thought well this will be very useful and can save a noob like me from wasting time in building a bad team.

So I'll ask a bunch of annoying noob questions of course but I'll be past that in about a week. Also I can't seem to get on your sever I mean I downloaded the thing 3 days ago. I can only seem to get on these Spanish severs which is annoying for me.

32. flycatcher

flycatcher New Member

Why hello everyone. I'm Flycatcher. I'm 23, and just getting into the metagame. I've been a collector since Blue, and I'm partly jumping onto PO now to get used to some 5th gen before B&W come out. I look forward to learning the meta game and snatching some badges!

33. Khyber

Khyber New Member

Hello everyone.

My names is Khyber and I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 1. I used to think that I was one of the best players ever, until I discoverd Smogon and all the other competative battling websites. Then I realized that the worst player here could propably waste me. So I joined up here hoping to I might learn a thing or two and learn how to really battle.

34. Shadic

Shadic New Member

New

Hello my name is Shadic I'm new here. So can you tell me about who's on here and how to use it well :confused: .

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
  35. Harry

Harry Banned

Usernames: Harry, Laesers
    Hey all, Harry here, you all know me pretty well from Pokemon Online, because I've been #1 a lot, and I'm a megauser, but I was a person before PO you know :)

My friend Dusty introduced me to Shoddy a few years back, and while I already liked pokemon a lot, I had no idea about the mechanics. My first teams were pathetic, filled with favorites, the usual things users start with. No ubers though! A few months after I began playing I applied for the DA clan on shoddy, Don't Ask. The members there are some of the best on shoddy, and have continually dominated the OU ladder at their own times, with a few playing UU as well. I learned a TON from them, especially DA_Wob Marley, and DA_Inzurekto, whom I credit my skills today with. They showed me how to play the way I do today, balanced/semistall. After about a year on shoddy someone spammed the chat with a link to Pokemon-Online.eu, and I figured I'd check it out, idk why, I had a good feeling. I got there and was immediately impressed by how it seemed to be like shoddy, except.. better. Things looked nicer, the mods were more chill, and the players were generally nicer people. I grew to love the community there over time, and eventually stopped using shoddy all together, best choice I ever made. A week after starting to use PO I hit #1 on the OU gen 4 Ladder, and spent quite some time up there until the banning of Salamence/Latias when the ratings were reset. Since the release of gen 5 I have created some extremely successful teams, even after the banning of Shandera. Never used Netbattle ;)

My name in real life is Harry, I'm a runner from Washington state, and a Junior in high school. I get good grades I suppose, better than the idiots, not a 4.0 by any means though. I'm hoping to major in Chemistry in college, and would love to continue on that path as a career. I play guitar in my off time, and skateboard when it's not raining, which isn't much sadly during the winter. My favorite food is Orange Chicken from Bonsai Wok, my favorite book is The Hunger Games, which is so good that I was actually depressed when I finished it, because I wanted it to continue so badly. I highly recommend it. My favorite song is Be - Common. So incredible. My musical tastes are incredibly varied. I have everything from German Techno to Japanese Rock to Hardcore Rap to popular hip-hop. I just don't like country.. except taylor swift cause she's mad hot. Uhh, anything else you can ask me on the server if you're curious!

36. Blastcore

Blastcore Developer

Hello, I'm Latios. I have 15 years and my birthday is on 24 of April.

I Currently work on Pokémon Online simulator Programming Developement.
    I like Learning programming languages, i'm currently learning C++, Javascript, HTML and CSS.
    Most of people knows me from the Pokémon NetBattle. I joined like from when there wasn't 3rd Generation. My first day there was in a Server (Don't record name) and i got Moderator to mute people that fucks me up. While the days passed, i got administrator. But then server closed. Then i wanted to make my Own server, i did it. I learned the Scripting Engine on the NetBattle. One day, in the NetBattle (Not Supremacy) When we was in 3rd/4th Generation, i looked on my server and it had 93 PLAYERS (OMFG HUGE WUT), then i looked on the server list, think what, It was the only server on it. Well, then we moved to NetBattle Supremacy. I always wanted to do a RPG. I did one, but then i quit and i came to Pokémon Online when it was previously called Pogeymon-Online and it Server List was like a gameboy. :)
    I like having a lot of friends.
    I like girls, studying (a little), Tv, programming, etc.
    I usually eat whatever i find. :P
    I love talking.
    I don't hate anyone. Everyone is my friend. :)
    If you need something, tell me i'll be glad to help you.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  37. Abel

Abel Guest

Hello, I'm 21, French and student in business.

Like many of you, I discovered Pokemon through the first Red & Blue versions games. I'm still very nostalgic about Kanto and its 150 Pokemon (both designs and names). I'm new to the competitive gaming and to Pokemon online. Now that I've messed with them, I can't bear anymore computer trainer battles.

I want to thank the makers of the program. It's really well built and designed. It can be even better and that's why I'll make suggestions. Hopefully, the software will help me train for the incoming video game championship. You'll find me on Skarmbliss servers under the trainer's name of «Pikanto».

38. pokmaster

pokmaster Member

Hello, Im the Pokemon Master

39. Dood

Dood New Member

I'm Dood and I liek pokemanz.

40. ethant01

ethant01 New Member

hi im ethan im hoping to one day become the best at pokemon my favourite pokemon is raichu i signed in today i hope my dream comes true...one day