1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] Anyone know how to support a Cloyster?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Discussion' started by Escalibor, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Escalibor

Escalibor New Member

I really like cloyster. Skill Link awesome. King's Rock awesome. 41% Flinch rate awesome.

My only problem is getting my cloyster out though...with his abysmal 70 base speed even with increased nature and IV he gets outspeed by almost everything. And since he has 50 base hp, he's so frail and can't take any hits.

Anyone know of a way for me to get this bad boy on to the field so I can start sweeping?

2. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

Moved to competitive discussion because this thread would actually make sense there.

As for Cloyster... Life Orb > King's Rock, imo. Cloyster needs power, not a chance of flinching the opponent.

3. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Specs Magnezone works well with it.
    That traps the problematic Forretress, Skarmory, Jirachi and Ferrothorn. Also, it defeats Jellicet, Politoed, and other bulky waters.

Volt switch kill a mon. Switch in cloy - boom. Or sack magnet after it got the work done and then you are free

4. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

I'd recommend a Suicide Screens Pokémon. Latios works well with Screens + Memento. Since Cloyster's behind dual screens and your opponent is at -2 -2, setting up a Shell Smash is much easier and it can take more punishment. I also think White Herb would be a better item, since you're already nuking everything after a Shell Smash anyway.

5. .Rawr!

.Rawr! c(°3°)כ

PO Trainer Name:
    Day Healer
    Consider Shadow Tag gotithelle too, it take cares of all the Mach Punchers in the tier.

6. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

Magnezone is an awesome partner for Cloyster since it has a slow Volt Switch to get it in safely, while it also traps a lot of problematic pokes like Forretress, Skarmory and Jirachi. Dual Screens Espeon is another great partner since it sets up screens pretty consistently while also keeping rocks away.