1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Flock (KACAW)

Discussion in 'Active Themes' started by Solace, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamitha

Pamitha everyone likes me now Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Pamitha
    Alright, this has gone on for long enough. Solace, Water has given you your options in his post. You can request the authors add your name to the theme, you can maintain a separate variation of the theme, or you can leave things the way they are now.

No more useful discussion will come of this topic. If this continues elsewhere, you will be infracted for it.

This thread is now locked.

2. Water

Water Well Respected and Exceptionally Handsome User Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Thought I'd just clarify the thought process that went into the last paragraph of my post so we can be as clear and open about it as possible. The authors part of the code allows you to edit and upload the themes code without other authors permission. As Fate and Karp had spent time and effort into making the rewrite it was only fair to them to allow them to have a final say. It was a final say that was also extended to you when the theme was removed from the server initially as your current signature testifies too. Neither I nor Pamitha were active in mafia at the time decisions were made regarding both rewrites so we had to make a decision based on the information we had available. While I understand that you felt hard done by and not acknowledged in the theme the easiest path to resolving it would be as we had suggested which was talking to Fate. Which we have been suggested since the very first time you had made contact with either of us. You could come to an agreement over him giving you back the name of the original theme and renaming his Flock 2 or KACAW or maybe reskinning it entirely. But it was not fair to the other people who put effort into their work to just edit it without their permission. While you may see that as hypocritical based on the story you've told, Pamitha and I both agreed that wronging two others to try to correct mistakes in the past is hardly a good solution so I urge you to just bite the bullet and talk to the current authors. You are also free to message either/and me or Pamitha regarding this matter (On the forums is the easiest way for me as I'm quite busy nowadays.)

Pamitha and Cheezeburgar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.