1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutee Signups - Round 7

Discussion in 'PO Academy' started by ZoroDark, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

If you wish to apply as a tutee simply fill out the following!

Most prominent server names: Aliases you often use on the server.
    What you want to learn: Tier(s) and specific skills you would like to learn, things like effective team building or general workings of the metagame. Please note that if we don't have a tutor for it, you can't be tutored in it. Check the tutors list linked below to see what you can be tutored in.
    About me: Some information about you and why want to be tutored. Good things to list would be ladder peaks, general skill level, and length of time involved with competitive Pokémon. Don't really need a life story, but some details might help pair you with a more suited tutor
    Time Zone (In GMT): If you don't know, Google it.

Code (text):
    1. [B]Most prominent server names:[/B]
    2. [B]What you want to learn:[/B]
    3. [B]About me:[/B]
    4. [B]Time Zone (In GMT):[/B]
    The approved tutors and their tiers/metagames are as follows:

Wifi Ubers
    puregenius
    Ramiel
    [IMP]Leon
    Smart Kid

Wifi OU
    Laurel
    Finchinator
    MetalGross

Wifi UU
    Fegelein
    Epikhairz0603
    Froggy
    Finchinator

Wifi LU
    Tyki
    New Breed

Wifi NU
    Afro Ca$h
    Finchinator
    CasedVictory

Wifi LC
    Mylo Xyloto
    Froggy

HGSS OU
    Laurel

Please note that applying for a round of tutoring is making a commitment, don't sign up if you're going on vacation or can't maintain activity, the tutors want to tutor people and it's disappointing when people sign up and then don't show up ever. Also note that a tutor isn't there to give you a few good teams, they're there to help you learn and be able to make teams, play well etc for yourself.

DEADLINE FOR SIGN-UPS IS THE 18TH OF SEPTEMBER.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. kelpo

kelpo Banned

Most prominent server names: kelpo, wanna? lose
    What you want to learn: wifi ubers, teambuilding, relevant threats to look out for ect. i know how to predict and make a gameplan so im fine with those
    About me: been playing po for about 1.5 years and ive just stuck to ou/nu/uu and would love to learn ubers since ive heard its very fast paced which fits me perfectly i also learn very fast and am a very consistent player
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT+1

3. Eldin

Eldin New Member

Most prominent server names: Eldin
    What you want to learn: Wifi UU. Mainly teambuilding, maybe some more about threats and counters.
    About me: Had my account for about 2 months but really started playing in the past weeks. 17 year old so going to have to do it around school and soccer. Already signed up before but unfortunately couldn't follow through because of vacation.
    Time Zone (In GMT): UTC/GMT -7 hours

4. Izraill

Izraill Striking Bolt

Most prominent server names: Izraill Ldr1, Izraill
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU team building. Also UU if possible, but I'm fine with just OU.
    About me: I've been playing competitive for a while now. It's more than a year I guess. I don't ladder much, so I'm rarely over 1100. I consider myself a decent player, but not very good at teambuilding. Tried to get tutor last round, but didn't get one, I hope to get one this time.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT -6 (Mexico)

5. Celebi.

Celebi. Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    SheerForceGatr/Bulba
    Most prominent server names: セレビィ, [P4L]セレビィ
    What you want to learn: Wifi Ubers
    About me: Well I would consider myself an average to above average battler and great teambuilder. I'm quick to learn things but rather lazy at times. And I am get hella confused early on learning things. I've never really ventured into the world of Ubers. I'm not a huge fan of it but I want to be a complete battler. It's the last metagame I need to learn.
    Time Zone (In GMT): I forget during DST, but U.S. Eastern.

Last time I was inactive for a long period of time. It was not planned and just kinda came up. I didn't have access to internet for like a month, but school has started so that won't be happening. If that's reason for me not to be picked it's totally fair and I understand. Just full disclosure and all. I don't wanna hide anything.

6. [Espada] Grimmjow

[Espada] Grimmjow New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Happy!
    Most prominent server names: [Espada] Grimmjow
    What you want to learn: Wifi Ou, and if possible Wifi Ubers
    About me: I have been playing for about 2 years, yet my Ladder Peak was 1331(sad I know). I never made it into 1300's ever since, so I thought it was about time I learn more about this OU. I can't say where my skill level is since I have lost to total noobs with weird POkemon and wierd sets, but yet I have been able to give people on the ladder a decent battle.
    Time Zone (In GMT): U.S Eastern GMT+/-5:00

7. Epikhairz

Epikhairz Delta Stream

PO Trainer Name:
    Epikhairz
    Most prominent server names: Epikhairz0603
    What you want to learn: Wifi LC, HGSS OU
    About me: I know all the Wifi tiers except LC, and I really want to learn HOW2EV - as well as, the tier in general. I wanted to learn LC last round but I didn't know anyone was tutoring it. I also started doing competitive Pokemon in the BW era, so a blast to the unknown past with HGSS OU would be nice.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT -7 (PDT)

8. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

Most prominent server names: Marttyr, Ortheore
    What you want to learn: General principles of battling and teambuilding (mostly teambuilding). Really don't mind what tier I learn, I'm happy to learn any one of them.
    About me: I've been on PO for like 2 years, pretty much an average, sometimes above average player (I can be quite inconsistent), but nothing at all special. I've an adequate amount of experience in Ubers, NU and HGSS OU, with limited OU and LU experience
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT +10

9. IAmAGeeAm

IAmAGeeAm New Member

Most prominent server names:IAmAGeeAm
    What you want to learn:Wifi Ubers/Wifi OU Teambuilding and how to use the team (Threats, Counters, and all that good stuff)
    About me:I have been on PO for about a year, 2 years maybe? My best tier is Wifi Ubers, i've peaked at 1400 points (roughly) before the ladder reset, where all my teams were just pokemon that i thought would work together, and they did, but as some people said, the teams made no sense. I went MIA for about half a year. Now, i have no teambuilding sense at all. I would really appreciate if i could learn how to teambuild (synergy, sets, etc), and some slight refreshment on the current tier (OU/Ubers) meta. Preferably Wifi Ubers, but i can work with Wifi OU, definitely.
    Time Zone (In GMT):GMT +8

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  10. Ramiel

Ramiel On our backs. In our hearts.

PO Trainer Name:
    Gurren Lagann
    Most prominent server names: Ramiel
    What you want to learn: Wifi UU or Wifi LU - Teambuilding, Predictions, potential sets opponents may play... yeah.
    About me: I am on the server a lot. I know how to play Ubers very well and OU, NU to a decent extent. However, UU and LU seems to completely escape me. I would really like someone with great knowledge to teach me in the two tiers. I have a pretty composed personality, so I am kinda sure I can get along with anyone.
    Time Zone: GMT +9

11. -Leon-

-Leon- bae <3

PO Trainer Name:
    -Leon-
    Most prominent server names:[IDM]Leon/LucianBot
    What you want to learn:Wifi OU teambuilding and a bit about how to play around threats etc
    About me:i suck at ou
    Time Zone (In GMT):GMT +5

12. Slayer

Slayer The Beast Incarnate

PO Trainer Name:
    Slayer
    Most prominent server names: Dracomaster|Slayer, Ẵй٣Ұۈẫڛﭿѓ
    What you want to learn: Wifi LU ( Wifi NU if LU isnt possible )
    About me: I have been playing on PO for about 2 years, but I only played ubers, OU and UU, where I am pretty sucessful. But I want to learn other tiers too. ( mainly teambuilding )
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT +1

13. Little Jirachi

Little Jirachi New Member

Most Prominent Server Names : Little Jirachi / Lilligant
    What you wantll want to learn : Wifi LU / Wifi UU
    About me : I play PO for about 10 months now. First started out with UU but lost sight of the metagame since I was going on to CC/BF afterwards. Started LU after that and was quite decent at it but I still have to learn some things about it. Especially Teambuilding is what I need and want to learn. Also I want to go "back to the roots" with UU which is why I want to learn that again. Either is fine , but I highly prefer LU c:
    Time Zone (in GMT) : GMT+2 until October 27th or something , GMT+1 after.

14. SodiumChloride

SodiumChloride Selamat HAri RAYA !!!!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Sodium Chloride
    Most prominent server names: TonyX97, Sodium Chloride
    What you want to learn: Wifi Ubers, help me to counter stall team..
    About me: Playing PO for 1 years now. Noob at Ubers and OU but decent at VGC,Triples and Doubles
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT+8

15. Mallow516

Mallow516 New Member

Most prominent server names:Mallow516
    What you want to learn:Looking for help in LU and UU; team building, counters to specific threats, weaknesses on my team etc.
    About me:Recently got into PO, enjoy playing to kill time. Started non-competitively but being a gamer I can't resist the urge to win.
    Time Zone (In GMT):-5 (U.S. east coast)

16. phucvn

phucvn Cheap player

PO Trainer Name:
    phucvn
    Most prominent server names:phucvn
    What you want to learn:Wifi OU
    About me: I've been playing for about 3 months, and I've got the hang of it (won some tours, made some high peaks). However I can never seem to get to the next level of play. It's just so frustrating to find yourself at the bottom of the stairs after all those times trying to go up.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT+7

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Embrace the Cold

Most prominent server names: gr0v.
    What you want to learn:Wifi UU, LU and NU
    About me: For quite a while now, and I find that my LU 'skills' aren't great, although my main tier, I want to become better, become memorable. I would also like to learn UU because I am very fond of the lower tiers and would like to be known as a lower tier player, instead of the higher tier status a lot of people go for. I've done decent in LU, peaking high in LU, and I know a lot about the tier, but it is depressing to not be able to play on the ability I did before. For UU, I have laddered it seriously only once, and peaked around 1300 which I find decent for someone with near to no experience in the tier. As for NU, I am completely blank on that tier, I know absolutely nothing about it, but like the other tiers, it still intrigues me. Since and after my 'Hiatus' I don't feel like I used to before. I feel less experienced. Some background info about me I guess. I'm 12 Years Old and in school (of course). and I usually have free time in the evenings. As for weekends, I'm usually online, unless I go to a friends or something.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT +0/1..? (UK Time)

Thanks for reading

18. Zarkaz

Zarkaz New Member

Most Prominent server names: Zarkaz, [BTD]Zarkaz
    What you want to learn: Wifi Ubers, Wifi OU, Wifi NU
    About me: Im a senoir in high school. Play PO during my free time, but when i battle i can never make it past ~1150(BF6v6,wifi LU wifi OU wifi Ubers to name a few of these teirs) and i think i have the knowledge to make it past that mark but i just need that extra boost(teambuliding and decision making) but after so many battles of going 25/25 in 50 games just isnt where i want to be. Im ~always online(unless homework/friends/family stuff/school).
    Time zone (in GMT)+6 (us Eastern time)

19. Silone

Silone Kanade <3

PO Trainer Name:
    Silone
    Most prominent server names: Silone
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU, teambuilding,and other general stuff :)
    About me: I stink at OU but good at others. I hate laddering a tier I dont like like Wifi LC. I dont know how to build teams that can beat somebody else's.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT -6 hours

20. Xenolize

Xenolize Revengeance

PO Trainer Name:
    Omega Hawk
    Most prominent server names: Omega Hawk, Delta Eagle, Alpha Falcon, Pokétopia, TheKillerDragon9999
    What you want to learn: Teambuilding + Competitive battling in any tier besides Wifi Ubers
    About me: If there are any spots left I would like to join. (And I said, "If there are any spots left" because I was already tutored last round.) "No skill, no knowledge, just luck."
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT -5

EDIT: Realized I probably won't be able to be active on PO for a while so I can't be tutored

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  21. Zidane_Triple-H

Zidane_Triple-H Banned

PO Trainer Name:
    Zidane_Triple-H
    Most prominent server names:[ Zidane_Triple-H / [ SKY ] Zidane v2]
    What you want to learn:[ Wifi Ubers ]
    About me:[ Just a new kid in PO ]
    Time Zone (In GMT):[ + 6 ]

22. D4RR3N

D4RR3N Active Member

Most prominent server names: D4RR3N
    What you want to learn: Wifi NU and/or LU
    About me: I'm a p good OU/Ubers player, looking forward to learn some of the lower tiers of BW before it ends since I have some spare time.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT +8

Afro Ca$h agreed to tutor me so requesting him if possible.

23. chippymunk

chippymunk Bran-ed

Most prominent server names: Chippymunk (anything with chippy in it)
    What you want to learn: Anything Wifi. From Ubers to NU. I want to also get better in synergising and strategy.
    About me: I've been waiting for the last 6 rounds to get a tutor, hoping I get it
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT 0

24. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Badged Deucer

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    Most prominent server names: Piexplode
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU.. my teambuilding skills overall need some work really; I'd like to have more than one usable team. I'd happily learn in any tier though, nothing being tutored isn't something I haven't played and got a couple of poor teams, maybe even one or two ok ones in.
    About me: I dabble in a lot of tiers from 1v1 to HGSS OU to BF 6v6 but really I think I want to have some strength in at least one current tier before X/Y. I'm 17 years old, from the UK, currently studying my A2's and applying to Cambridge for Maths at uni if that tells you a bit more about me and how I think.
    Time Zone (In GMT): I'm UK, so I'm GMT ^-^

25. JayJay21

JayJay21 New Member

Forum username: JayJay21
    Server names: JayJay21,Sound Of Safety, and Regretless
    What you want to learn: Wifi Ou, Wifi Ubers Or Wifi UU
    About me: I am 17 years old. I play a lot of sports. For music i enjoy metal and rock and i've been playing for almost a year but i haven't been improving that much, so thats why i want a tutor and wish i could improve. I was tutor round 4 by Treekco, however he disappeared and i only got to be tutored for 2 sessions so i wish to be tutored again. In another round my tutor didn't teach me anything and the progress that we made was an incomplete team for the whole month. I asked him if he could teach me but he said he was busy or later every time.
    Time Zone: GMT -5 hours plus I'm online a lot so timezone doesn't matter

26. Rioku

Rioku Not again.

PO Trainer Name:
    Shou
    Most prominent server names: Rioku
    What you want to learn:NU, I have won one real NU match... That's how bad I am at it.
    About me: I think by now people know me. I suck at NU, team building, metagame, everything. I just want to give my worst tier a shot before gen 6.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT -6, incase I am still wrong U.S. Central

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  27. Atypical

Atypical New Member

Most Prominent Server Names: Atypical (formerly DrAwesome)
    What I Want To Learn: OU or UU (whichever is available, preferably OU), need to brush up on team building and battling strategy. looking for more in-depth knowledge of threats and to become more a more practical battler in general.
    About Me: was battling on a competitive level a year ago, but never understood enough to be better than mediocre. took a long break, then just started up again 3 months ago. currently a freshman in college so im used to odd hours if you know what I mean... cuz studying ;D
    Time Zone: GMT -5:00

28. Archie!!

Archie!! Aqua Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Archie121
    Most prominent server names: Archie121
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU and UU. I want to learn more about teambuilding , coz my team is just sometimes good , and sometimes bad. And also want to be better in laddering.
    About me: I'm played PO shortly in 2011. And now I just come back 2 months ago. Hoping to get much much better. I'm 15. Just starting HS.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT +7

29. LH1

LH1 New Member

Most prominent server names: LH , LH1
    What you want to learn: I want to Learn Wifi OU and Wifi Ubers properly, not through my experience but through someone more experienced that can teach me more about the metagame.
    About me: Not sure when I started, but I've been off and on for a long while. I'm 19, male, UK.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT

30. legolover8

legolover8 aka [CG]SneaselFTW

Most prominent server names: Warrior of Shadows, Just To Prove It
    What you want to learn: How to play, teambuilding (especially Synergy)
    about me: Im GB, went on hiatus and i suck at pokeymanz, my highest OU peak was 1261, and i think i can improve, so i want to be improved. my goal is 1500
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT+1 (atm) / GMT

Yeah, I was with Nikitas last session (or second last i cant remember) and went on hiatus for a LONG time, and probs gave Nikitas a terrible time. If you don't accept me for that because of risk of it happening again, that's perfectly ok, and I wont rage. Just for future reference.

31. jinwhite

jinwhite New Member

O man I wish I'd noticed this a few days ago! I hope I can still get tutor'd this round.

Most prominent server names: jinwhite420
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU: speed tiers (so I can get my EV spreads right), teambuilding more broadly (especially weatherless and anti-metagame)
    About me: I'm Jin. I like pokémon and I like other things too. I was tutored before by Treecko and we made some nice progress, but I'm just starting to get a solid grasp on teambuilding and crafting team synergy. I'd like some practice building teams of the different archetypes as well as trying out some underused pokes.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT-5 (EST). Evenings/late nights are best for me.

32. Midnight Taxi

Midnight Taxi New Member

Most prominent server names: 95line,Choi Ren
    What you want to learn:Wifi OU,especially the teambuilding and the stall metagame.
    About me:I really enjoy Kpop for music,and playing PO since +/- 2 years ago,stucks in teambuilding,and I often overpredicts,so I think a tutor can improve my playstyle
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT+7

33. Beastly

Beastly Active Member

Most prominent server names:[IMP]Beastly
    What you want to learn:Wifi Nu or Ou
    About me:Im a person yeah arent i awesome
    Time Zone (In GMT):gmt +6

34. Fille

Fille True GenderBender

PO Trainer Name:
    N/A
    Most prominent server names: Fille, Fille from [Hero], Fille from [S.C.A], anything really including Fille and/or a [Hero] clantag.
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU, the current Metagame, things to consider while teambuilding, playing and bringing in new threats. Also some interresting loopholes if possible.
    About me: 15 yrs old from Norway, former UU Tutor (2 rounds), 3rd place last POYT (Forfeit), Main player UU for POWC EU, going out 5-2 or 6-2, can't remember. Go check if you want to. Basically a UU player, with a decent amount of knowledge about RBY OU, Wifi LC, Wifi LC Ubers, Wifi UU and Wifi NEU.
    Time Zone (In GMT): +1 GMT, usually online from 2PM GMT-8PM GMT. School :/

Also, I would prefer Finchinator as a tutor, tho it's not important and only if possible.

35. Sub Zero.

Sub Zero. New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Sub Zero
    Most prominent server names: Sub Zero
    What you want to learn: OU, especially teambuilding as my teams don't seem to hold up very well. I like offensive teams but am open to suggestions. Would also like to make better predictions.
    About me: Peaked #96 on OU ladder a while ago. Won a few OU tours as well. 16 years old and from the UK.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT +1 (UK+DST)

P.S I figure I should always point out that since my laptop has broke the only way I can get on PO is through my phone, which coupled with my workload from college could make things difficult. I think my best bet is from 7pm-9pm.

36. 2 Chainz

2 Chainz Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Two Chainz, 2 Chainz
    Most prominent server names: 2 Chainz.
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU how to play seamlessly and risk vs reward analysis. Also to branch out to different playstyles.
    About me: I play OU. I think i am adequate but I need a strong well rounded player to look to.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT-5

37. Peekay1410

Peekay1410 New Member

Most prominent server names: Peekay1410
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU and teambuilding
    About me: I'm 17 yrs old and I'm from Ecuador.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT-5 (EST)

38. Johnnyk121

Johnnyk121 New Member

Most prominent server names:NeoGalaxyEyes
    What you want to learn:Wifi Ou. I want to learn how to team build and know how to use a team effectively in the most way possible. I also want to have a better ladder like 1500.
    About me: Well I've been playing for like 2 years and the highest ladder I could ever get was 1311.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT -5

39. Sora.

Sora. New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    [cbt] Sora
    Most prominent server names: [cbt] sora
    What you want to learn: HGSS OU, about the metagame and strategies in no preview.
    About me: I plays all bw tiers, but just suck at past gens.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GTM -3

40. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

Most prominent server names: Raducan
    What you want to learn: Wifi UU/Wifi LU/Wifi NU Preferably UU, but if that is not possible, I am content with LU or NU.
    About me: I think I can hold my own in UU, but I just need to work on teambuilding and what to do in some in-battle situations.
    Time Zone (In GMT): GMT -7/-8 (DST)

Note: My weekdays will be quite busy for this fall but I am always free on weekends.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.