1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Youtube Revival

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel' started by Elements, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Elements

Elements BOOMER SOONER

PO Trainer Name:
    Elements
    I think there needs to be some sort of revival to this overall project because I feel that this can be a great way to not only advertise the Pokemon Online brand, but also give new and old users alike more information on what is going on around Pokemon Online. I'm going to be listing some ideas that I have that could help bring some life back into this great project. I believe we must get this going because with Gen 6 on the way new life should be coming back into the simulator.

Podcasts

Right now the main source of current updates on PO is the Twitter account and that is fine for main idea sort of headlines, but I think podcasts should make a return so that these headlines can be further discussed in a youtube video. For instance, Moltres is currently a suspect for Wifi LU so it would be kind of cool to have a podcast with someone for the banning of Moltres and someone against the banning of Moltres. I don't know, I'm just throwing something out there.

Revamp Subtitling

I also just started a subtitling job and I have to say that I'm a little discouraged because I'm working on a youtube video that has already been uploaded and has been there for three weeks already. This could be as a result of inactive subtitling members, but maybe we could do something else in order to help streamline this process. For instance, I was thinking that instead of just having closed captions we could just have a full transcript made available in the video description. That would probably be easier for someone to type up and it would help us get it out faster.

More Video Editors

This is probably the most difficult thing to accomplish because video editing, imo, is pretty hard and iirc currently the only video editor we have is Derwin. I just think we need to find a way to gain more whether it be more people try to learn video editing or we make battles a smaller part of what we do on the POSimulator Youtube channel. I mentioned earlier about Podcasts...well for those videos we can simply just have a background image of something cool involving a Pokemon Online logo and just have the audio track of the podcast going. Easily doable, and still offers something to the Youtube channel without having to solely rely on one man.

I think we all really need to discuss this and hammer out a way for the Youtube to gain in popularity among the staff. I mean this Youtube Staff subforum is rarely used lol.

2. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    Responses in bold.

3. Elements

Elements BOOMER SOONER

PO Trainer Name:
    Elements
    What I mean by full transcripts is not just having the subtitles as just that 'subtitles'. I don't know if we actually need it to be closed captions. I feel like having a full transcript that they can follow along on their own might be good enough, but I guess the problem comes from the hearing impaired.

It's just tough because it doesn't seem there is a whole lot of interest in the Youtube channel as of late.

4. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    I'm personally hoping that there will be much more activity come XY. I'm planning on really bothing people to get podcasts out and I'm sure that more battles and narrators will come in due to people being interested in the game again.

The biggest problems out of the list I see are the lack of editors and the lack of an easy way to share battles. Coyo isn't making the battle window a priority, making it really hard to get people to share battles, make videos, try to learn how to use the window, etc. It isn't nearly as easy to use as Aesoft, which turns people off.

5. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

6. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    That would be awesome. Both would really help those who prefer reading and those who can listen to people.

7. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning