1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] BW NU - Looking Back

Discussion in 'Past Gens Discussion' started by Big Bad Booty Daddy, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    the text was stolen hard from meow who stole from smogon, no like legit literally ripped off from here

When BW NU was created a bit over two years ago, I think nobody would have envisioned the metagame that we play today. The tier has gone through a ton of changes, whether it involves Snow Warning Snover or Sand Stream Hippopotas, or powerful Pokemon like Magmortar, Druddigon, and Feraligatr in NU. As BW NU/LU/UU moved along, a large amount of good Pokemon have had their time in NU. Pokemon like Crustle, Bisharp, Amoonguss, and Cincinno have all had their time as well, and had a huge effect on the metagame. Since X/Y is coming in a little less than a month, I'd like to gather the playerbase and get some reflections and analysis of the tier as whole. Some people have been playing NU since it began, while others only started mere weeks ago, with a lot of us (myself included) falling somewhere in the middle. Getting responses from all of these types of players would be a great way to chronicle the ending of the tier. These questions serve a guideline; you can answer all or pick and choose, and feel free to post your own thoughts on the tier as well.

1. When did you start playing NU, and what spurred you to start?

2. Which metagame stage do you believe was the most balanced/healthiest? The least balanced/healthiest?

3. Which metagame stage was your favourite? Your least favourite?

4. What Pokemon do you believe have had the biggest impact overall on the tier? Which Pokemon do you feel were/are the most dangerous?

5. What metagame trends have you noticed pervading the tier since you started playing the tier? What playstyles and Pokemon have come and gone in and out of style?

6. What do you feel should have been banned? What do you feel shouldn't have been banned?

7. What's the toughest match you've had? Logs or replays would be cool as well.

8. What are your personal highlights from BW NU?

9. If you wanted to say something to the NU Tier Leaders, what would you say? (This is your chance to flame us, js)

I'll be answering myself after I see some answers!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
  2. Daybreak

Daybreak can't touch this

PO Trainer Name:
    Daybreak
    Before bisharp and crustle came to nu, started playing competitively when bisharp was in nu

2. Which metagame stage do you believe was the most balanced/healthiest? The least balanced/healthiest?
    most balanced after scyther and manectric left nu. Least balanced when houndoom and friends dropped

when houndoom and friends dropped, least favorite was hen scyther and manectric moved up. OP META'S DA BEST

4. What Pokemon do you believe have had the biggest impact overall on the tier? Which Pokemon do you feel were/are the most dangerous?
    sawk, forced people to run psychic's and shaped up the whole psychic fighting dark cores.

5. What metagame trends have you noticed pervading the tier since you started playing the tier? What playstyles and Pokemon have come and gone in and out of style?
    look at #4, pokeomn out of style are sadly regice and emboar, unfortunately outclassed or have crippling weaknesses.

6. What do you feel should have been banned? What do you feel shouldn't have been banned?
    spinda because he just smashes through pokemon with superpower, stab normal type moves and more. It is totally not outclassed by any other normal type in the tier or anything.

can't remember, problably have logs on my other computer, but not this one. :/

using mandibuzz in 2012 before it became popular lol. also using every manectric set viable in the nu meta :p

9. If you wanted to say something to the NU Tier Leaders, what would you say?
    ßasedVictory and finch and incon are my friends :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

3. Kody

Kody :]

9. If you wanted to say something to the NU Tier Leaders, what would you say? (This is your chance to flame us, js)

4. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    1. i prob started in july 2011 when i was a nobody on po, then i started again in june 2012. i decided to play to beat case on a regular basis because i had more of a likely for the lower tiers just because!

2. most balanced was prob time when bisharp and crustle weren't in the tier and other pokes, prob sept - nov 2012 i think, least balanced is prob as of late, the mass droppings are just hurting the tier imo

3. the time when it was balanced, least favorite is current too i guess

4. sawk, was always a big threat, scarf being an excellent revenge killer when i started, band being an excellent wallbreaking now, it's always had a major effect on the tier

5. i remember when rest lum exeggutor was the shit, i think it was one of the top used pokes at the time, along with sawk / samurott / emboar etc. also remember piloswine was hardly ever seen, now it's one of the best sr setters in the tier. same for seismitoad, it went from ~2% usage to one of top used pokes, mainly cuz water absorb. could go on with the bw to bw2 transition at the time, a lot of pokes got dream world abilities and stuff and became better (zangoose, seismitoad, etc)

6. despite the meta being unhealthy right now, i can't really say banning something would balance the tier, it would require banning multiple pokes which is rather unneccesary imo.

7. idk i deleted all my battle logs maybe a battle vs case idek

8. being recognized as a TOP nu player maybe (i think)

9. because incon quit, i can say many things to case, which would not be approriate for this thread. so i'll just say he suk at pokemon and need to l2play. finch is cool tho

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
  5. Roku

Roku sup nerds

6. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Cased should've banned Sawk, duh.

Reserving post, will edit in as time passes. Probably will be rather long / filled with logs of teams / games, so get yer popcorn ready n_n

7. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  8. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

I always laddered OU, and I had just hit 1500 with a pretty Standard Sand team at the time, but the matches right after dropped me back below 1400. I got really mad, and to calm down I decided to go play another tier. I heard Sawsbuck had been unbanned not too long before, and since it was one of my favorite pokemon I decided to make a team around it.

The least balanced was the Crustle/Bisharp stage for sure. I remember I kept losing to Dangerous36M's team with Crustle/Bisharp/Sawsbuck/Specs Mantine and 2 other offensive pokemon. I faced him like 10 times and I only managed to win once due to some massive hax. No matter how I played, I always lost which was incredibly frustrating. The good thing about this stage was that I saw how good Gurdurr was in the tier, and it is still one of my favorite pokemon to use.
    The most balanced stage was after Bisharp and Crustle left the tier. There was some Pursuit trapping, but not too much. It was the best meta up-to-date, and you could easily win matches with creative pokemons/sets, for example, my Luck Of The Draw team got really high while not using any high poke.

Same question kinda, Bisharp meta was shit due to HO in every corner. After Bisharp meta was really enjoyable due to Creativity, not having to prepare for a lot of dangerous pokemon etc.

Musharna. Carry a Dark type or lose. That's what it used to be. But seriously I hate Musharna with my whole heart. If you don't run a Dark type or something like Band Scyther back in the day, you were bound to lose to Musharna at one point. It can just set up so easily on virtually any attack and it isn't even hampered by Toxic. Now it is more manageable thanks to 5 Dark types that have dropped, but earlier on you were almost forced to run a Skuntank. Musharna was the main reason Skuntank was everywhere, and Skuntank is the reason Exeggutor fell from his throne. My teams are also always weak to Sawk, mostly because my fighting check is usually an Offensive Mesprit, but I never had too much trouble dealing with it, altough it did give trouble.

Stall has never been really popular. HO was less popular after Crustle rose, and Balance got more popular after, but NU was always an offensive tier.

I would have liked a Musharna suspect, but at the time I wasn't as active on the forums. It's still a big threat though, so never say never but I'm pretty sure it won't happen. Misdreavus should never have been banned since the only reason for its ban was Crustle. Tangela may have remained banned in my opinion since it is really tough to break down, but for some reason people aren't using it so I guess it's ok.

The toughest match I had was vs Yui for the #1 spot. We were both laddering and I came 5 points from Yui's #1 so he PMd saying "pls stop ;(" while I replied "get on ladder if real". He surprisingly did, and I won in a really close game thanks to Specs Mesprit. Another great battle I had was vs Everything Is Fodder with my Luck Of The Draw team, and in the end I came one prediction from winning which I was very proud of since my team was far from good.
    log: http://pastebin.com/VDg9LmeP

Peaking #1 was definitely my highlight in BW NU. It was the first time I peaked any tier, so I felt really proud.

Luck and I have decided NOT to ban Crustle as:

1) Him and I are anti-ban in the first place
    2) I was gone on vacation for two weeks and because of such coming to a decision was delayed
    3) Its going to go up in March anyways.

that was so stupid lol, seriously moving up is not a reason to not ban something. And pretty much everyone wanted it banned so not banning it because the tier leaders at the time found it not broken without even giving an explanation why was just a dumb decision

But I pretty much agreed with all the other stuff so good job tier leaders! (Esp Cased you rek)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  9. Liarliarpantsonfire

Liarliarpantsonfire Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Liarliarpantsonfire
    Few months ago. OU was getting stale :x

I haven't been active for very long on PO, I used to play competitive first back when ShoddyBattle was still popular, then quit for a while. Clearly the current NU metagame is unbalanced, but what can you do. It's not that bad, but it's not that hard to make it ten times better either.

Before Houndoom dropped and with Houndoom respectively. Houndoom just pushes Sawk even more over the edge.

Sawk and Musharna for obvious reasons. Sawk has barely any counters, and all it's counters are handled by a trapper or a coverage move. Musharna requires you to run a Dark-type on every team, everything else is a check at best. Aside from that the tier is pretty balanced imo.

Not much has changed tbh. Kinda difficult when Fighting/Psychic/Dark cores are the standard. If anything the addition of Primeape, Houndoom and Absol made them more prevalent.

Sawk should have been banned, despite it having solid counters it is clearly unhealthy for the tier.

This is an interesting battle I had earlier using some gimmick pokes and tactics, like Specs Crawdaunt and Memento Gardevoir + Belly Drum Linoone. It shows that you don't have to use standard pokemon all the time to do well. Probably not my toughest match, but a good one nonetheless imo.
    Gevecht tussen Liarliarpantsonfire en [ SKY ] Champ is gestart!

Tier: Wifi NU
    Mode: Singles
    Regels: Unrated
    Regels: Sleep Clause
    Regels: Species Clause
    Regels: Wifi Battle
    Regels: Self-KO Clause

Uw team: Crawdaunt / Gardevoir / Linoone / Jumpluff / Raichu / Gorebyss
    Tegenstander hun team: Rotom-S / Regirock / Ludicolo / Musharna / Skuntank / Gurdurr

Liarliarpantsonfire sent out Crawdaunt!
    [ SKY ] Champ sent out Rotom-S!

Start of turn 1
    Liarliarpantsonfire called Crawdaunt back!
    Liarliarpantsonfire sent out Raichu!

The foe's Rotom-S used Volt Switch!
    Raichu's Lightningrod raised its special attack!

Start of turn 2
    [ SKY ] Champ called Rotom-S back!
    [ SKY ] Champ sent out Regirock!

Raichu used Thunderbolt!
    The foe's Regirock lost 50% of its health!

The foe's Regirock restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
    [ SKY ] Champ called Regirock back!

Raichu used Focus Blast!
    The attack of Raichu missed!

Start of turn 4
    The foe's Rotom-S used Trick!
    The foe's Rotom-S switched items with Raichu!
    The foe's Rotom-S obtained one Expert Belt!
    Raichu obtained one Choice Scarf!

Raichu used Thunderbolt!
    The foe's Rotom-S lost 70% of its health!

Start of turn 5
    [ SKY ] Champ called Rotom-S back!
    [ SKY ] Champ sent out Musharna!

Raichu used Thunderbolt!
    The foe's Musharna lost 48% of its health!

The foe's Musharna restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6
    Raichu used Thunderbolt!
    The foe's Musharna lost 49% of its health!

The foe's Musharna used Moonlight!
    The foe's Musharna regained health!

Start of turn 7
    Raichu used Thunderbolt!
    The foe's Musharna lost 47% of its health!
    The foe's Musharna is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
    The foe's Musharna's Synchronize changes the status of Raichu!
    Raichu is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Start of turn 8
    Liarliarpantsonfire called Raichu back!
    Liarliarpantsonfire sent out Crawdaunt!

The foe's Musharna used Heal Bell!
    A bell chimed!

Start of turn 9
    Crawdaunt used Surf!
    The foe's Musharna lost 73% of its health!

The foe's Musharna used Thunder Wave!
    Crawdaunt is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Start of turn 10
    [ SKY ] Champ called Musharna back!

Crawdaunt used Surf!
    The foe's Rotom-S lost 29% of its health!
    The foe's Rotom-S fainted!

[ SKY ] Champ sent out Regirock!

Start of turn 11
    The foe's Regirock used Stealth Rock!
    Pointed stones float in the air around Liarliarpantsonfire's team!

Crawdaunt used Surf!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Regirock lost 55% of its health!
    The foe's Regirock fainted!

[ SKY ] Champ sent out Gurdurr!

Velvet Sky bekijkt het gevecht.
    Velvet Sky stopt het gevecht te bekijken.

Start of turn 12
    The foe's Gurdurr used Drain Punch!
    It's super effective!
    Crawdaunt lost 268 HP! (100% of its health)
    Crawdaunt fainted!
    Crawdaunt had its energy drained!

Liarliarpantsonfire sent out Gardevoir!
    Pointed stones dug into Gardevoir!

Gardevoir traced the foe's Gurdurr's Guts!

Start of turn 13
    [ SKY ] Champ called Gurdurr back!
    [ SKY ] Champ sent out Skuntank!

Gardevoir used Psychic!
    It had no effect on the foe's Skuntank!

Start of turn 14
    Gardevoir used Memento!
    Gardevoir fainted!
    The foe's Skuntank's Attack sharply fell!
    The foe's Skuntank's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The foe's Skuntank used Poison Jab!
    But there was no target...

Liarliarpantsonfire sent out Linoone!
    Pointed stones dug into Linoone!

Start of turn 15
    Linoone used Belly Drum!
    Linoone cut its own HP and maximized its Attack!
    Linoone ate its Sitrus Berry!
    Linoone restored some HP!

The foe's Skuntank used Taunt!
    Linoone fell for the taunt!

Start of turn 16
    Linoone used ExtremeSpeed!
    The foe's Skuntank lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's Skuntank fainted!
    The foe's Skuntank's Aftermath damages Linoone!

Start of turn 17
    Linoone used ExtremeSpeed!
    The foe's Gurdurr lost 76% of its health!

The foe's Gurdurr used Mach Punch!
    It's super effective!
    Linoone lost 116 HP! (37% of its health)
    Linoone fainted!

Liarliarpantsonfire sent out Jumpluff!
    Pointed stones dug into Jumpluff!

Start of turn 18
    [ SKY ] Champ called Gurdurr back!
    [ SKY ] Champ sent out Musharna!

Jumpluff used Sleep Powder!
    The foe's Musharna fell asleep!

Start of turn 19
    [ SKY ] Champ called Musharna back!

Jumpluff used Swords Dance!
    Jumpluff's Attack sharply rose!

Start of turn 20
    Jumpluff used Seed Bomb!
    The foe's Gurdurr lost 23% of its health!
    The foe's Gurdurr fainted!

[ SKY ] Champ sent out Ludicolo!

Start of turn 21
    Jumpluff used Acrobatics!
    It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    Jumpluff's Flying Gem raised Acrobatics's power!
    The foe's Ludicolo lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's Ludicolo fainted!

[ SKY ] Champ geeft op tegen Liarliarpantsonfire![/HIDE]
    I don't really have any highlights, I just enjoy making original teams and trying out different things. If they work, all the more fun for me :D

When gen 6 arrives ban Sawk plz :x

10. Carliphe

Carliphe New Member

I think it was like 2 years ago or so.

the actual metagame is not balanced at all, but it has been worse in the past so we are progressing.

Its difficult to say wich is my favorite when there is always something that bothers me, but I think the actual metagame could be my favorite, maybe cause I lived those dark ages when cinccino could destroy entire teams ;_;7

Sawk, Mesprit and Alomomola are for me the best pokes in the tier, having the biggest impact, Musharna and Misdreavus could also be in this group but only cause they can wall Sawk, same with Houndoom since is the perfect counter to a lot of common threats.

Like was mencioned before the core psychick/dark/fight is still the best in the tier.

Sawk and Mesprit, I think they both have to be banned.

Please stop throwing op things to an already fragile tier (Bisharp, Dusclops, etc)

11. Parpar

Parpar Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Parpar
    When the NU tier first opened???? Tornadus and whole bunch of random shit was in there. A+ tier. I just like using random pokes and them actually being playable.

imo I would say a couple of tier shifts before this one. When scolipede,hitmonlee, and BROKENZARD made an appearance, so much op shit at the time but so much fun.
    I liked when Cincinno had that skill link glitch. "How are you hitting so much???". Socli and etc was least, I think that was the time where I didn't play that much too.
    Sawk, at first sawk got no shine in the early meta because of gligar, golurk, and stuff but throughout the meta if prevail to be a top tier poke. Idk for the most dangerous
    The change to CS to CB sawk.
    idk 2much2think about
    idk
    >saving logs

Defeating django for the glory on the lolladder there was some other moments but meh can't think that far back. I would mention donking topah multiple times but that's not an accomplishment
    LOLCASED YOU FUCKING SUCK
    LUCK>SKILL, DJANGO, PNERD >>>>>>>>>>>>> U etc
    :] ALSO FINCH NICE JOB ON RUINING TOPAH'S THREAD :[
    [/HIDE]

12. Trakyan

Trakyan Member

I started some point before manectric, drapion, gardevoir and houndoom dropped, back when alommomola and emboar were popular

I loved the metagame right after and before manectric dropped, nice and ballanced with so many options. I disliked the previous meta where houndoom, choice band emboar and sawk and calm mind musharna were used by every guy and his mother. It made stall and slower teams in general very hard to use and borderline unviable, with hard hitters and bulky set up pokemon everywhere. I'm loving the metagame right now though, with dusclops and friends. Although it is much more stall based and spikestack is a pain in the ass, i love the intensity it can get to sometimes and the predictions and double switches you can use in order to break dusclops and then spin. Then again, it can also be a pain in the ass.

Explained in the above

Well, dusclops had the biggest impact the way i see it. It shifted it from a very offensive metagame(calm mind musharna included as offensive since its goal is to sweep) to a near stall spikestack spam. That is a big shift. Most dangerous would be choice band emboar, though not used as much as other stuff, 'walling' it was impossible, still is, and made slower teams struggle, its high HP meant recoil wasnt something to rely on. CB sawk was another one, the fact this gave me trouble more than it may have other people might have been due to my stubbornness and unwavering stance on not using musharana and sticking to vileplume who could be broken by ice punch.

When i started playing, anything was viable, i remember more defensive and stall teams, even a few batton pass, as well as the likes of linoone and even more offensive pokemon like emboar. Then manectric came along and i liked the edge it put on the tier, prediction becoming a bit more important and the pace picking up. After that things slowly shifted towards hard hitters like sawk and houndoom, and eventually emboar.

Sawk, although not exactly broken, made the metagame rather stale the way i see it, without it i feel a lot of slower hard hitters would have been used and stall or at least slower bulky offense been more viable.

Well, i remember a match in a tour final where i was down 1-3 or something similar with vileplume up against a sleeping pokemon(sawk i believe), a musharna and something else. A few turns after my second to last pokemon was knocked out, i sent in vileplume expecting the loss, then i notice vileplume isnt dead and that the calm mind musharna is spamming signal beam at me and i realise i had somehow stalled psychic out of PP throughout the match. Vileplume then scores a poison with sludge bomb and takes down musharna eventually and then takes out the other two pokemon.

In another case vileplume make a 1-4 comeback against alomomola, lickilicky, skuntank and again a sleeping sawk.
    Vileplume managed to take down the life orb skuntank(after failing a few other times when lickilicky passed a wish by KOing it on the switch before it healed up) it took down the other pokemon(the sleeping sawk that i think it is) and began a long stallwar against lickilicky, eventually beating it after a few tense moments when paralysis acted up. Only to run out of attacks on the turn it KOed lickilicky and alomomola won after a while. I lost that match but it was still and epic one, though for my pride i blame the lack of pp saving paralysis :P

Hariyama and it's clutch moments, and vileplume and it's clutch moments.

Not much to say, and im mostly ignorant of what you guys have done aside from close and open the suspect topics. Test bans one some of the suspects would have been nice. Ohh and a re test on jynx after houndoom dropped would have been nice. At that point it had to speed tie with so many things like primape(who runs scarf for the most part, anyway), drapion, houndoom and so on which can wreak it very easily. I get the whole idea of a fast sleep user with powerfull attacks being a threat, but sleep fodder something and bring in a wall or something with suckrpunch.

13. JL_muserwolves

JL_muserwolves Caged by endless rules

PO Trainer Name:
    JL_muserwolves
    When I first got into Pokemon Online in the summer of 2012, NU was the tier I made a beeline to as it was (and still is) the stomping ground of some of my favorites, such as Lapras, Jumpluff, Tropius and Serperior, among many many others. For a long time I saw NU as the "play your favorites" and "get creative" tier, which is what drew me to it in the first place, but this year I certainly started taking my teambuilding and battling more seriously, which I certainly don't regret.

I feel it's a little difficult to answer what meta has been the *most* balanced for NU over the span of Gen V, but I can say with certainty that I thought the Bisharp/Crustle NU was, if not necessarily the least balanced, then certainly the least healthy. I'm not so sure if spikestacking's recent return to prevalence is very healthy either, but then again, NU was never very good at getting hazards away regardless.

My favorite must've been the lone month of October 2012, where we had the glory of Magneton. Having done my utmost to get it to drop on the last day of that late August + September tier cycle last year by rounding up some friends and laddering LU for hours to drive the battle count up, and see it drop with something like 3.994% usage, it was oh so satisfying to murder all those Klinklangs. Least favorite was either Bisharp/Crustle (see above), or the space between BW2's release and Amoonguss's rise to LU. After Regenerator's release, Alomomoonguss haunted my nightmares until the shift that removed the mushroom.

Biggest impact... Sawk, Samurott and Musharna, for sure. Impactful, AND dangerous. They're high up the usage stats ladder for a reason and I don't think any other Pokemon can really claim to have had the same influence as these three. Sawk's influence has declined a bit since Primeape's arrival, but the trio is still what jumps to the forefront of my mind when I think NU. Klinklang gets an honorable mention for dangerous as being the one Pokemon that gets decent usage that always caused me to hit the EVERYBODY PANIC button.

In the little over a year I've been around the tier, there have been some definite hallmarks of NU play-- the omnipresence of Fighting/Dark/Psychic cores, for instance. Offense, in all its many forms, has been king, hazards are everywhere and spinners are coveted. I suppose the most notable shift in a particular Pokemon... Sawk's role switch from Sturdy Scarfer to Mold Breaker Choice Band/Expert Belt. Speed to wallbreaking. All down to Primeape's arrival, of course. And I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I've been seeing Vileplume a LOT more recently... As for something that's fallen out of favor, definitely Emboar. Throughout 2012 it was consistently in the top 5 for usage, but recently it's taken a swan dive and, as of right now, sits 30th in usage for the current month at 6.51%.

Liepard should've been banned FASTER than it was. It took UU banning the thing to get it out of here.

Hmmm... I lost most of my logs to a hard drive failure a few months back, but I did have a very, very close 60-turn match against Topah a few days ago which I thought was one of the best I've had recently, with a SubSeed Ludicolo doing just about enough to stall out a mono-attacking Musharna's Psychic:[secret]Battle between Topah and JL_muserwolves started!

Tier: Wifi NU
    Mode: Singles
    Rule: Rated
    Rule: Sleep Clause
    Rule: Species Clause
    Rule: Wifi Battle
    Rule: Self-KO Clause
    Variation: +15, -17

Your team: Golem / Ninjask / Misdreavus / Gurdurr / Zebstrika / Ludicolo
    Opponent's team: Throh / Walrein / Zebstrika / Musharna / Togetic / Garbodor

Topah sent out Throh!
    JL_muserwolves sent out Manic! (Ninjask)

Start of turn 1
    Topah called Throh back!
    Topah sent out Walrein!

Manic used Aerial Ace!
    The foe's Walrein lost 40% of its health!

The foe's Walrein restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
    Manic's Speed Boost increases its speed!
    Manic's Speed rose!

Start of turn 2
    JL_muserwolves called Manic back!
    JL_muserwolves sent out Juanes! (Ludicolo)

The foe's Walrein used Ice Beam!
    Juanes lost 106 HP! (29% of its health)

Juanes restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
    The foe's Walrein used Substitute!
    The foe's Walrein made a substitute!

Juanes used Substitute!
    Juanes made a substitute!

Start of turn 4
    The foe's Walrein used Encore!
    Juanes received an encore!

Juanes used Substitute!
    Juanes already has a substitute.

Start of turn 5
    JL_muserwolves called Juanes back!
    JL_muserwolves sent out Jewsbury! (Gurdurr)

A critical hit!
    Jewsbury lost 337 HP! (90% of its health)

Start of turn 6
    Jewsbury used Mach Punch!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Walrein's substitute faded!

Jewsbury lost 37 HP! (9% of its health)
    Jewsbury fainted!

JL_muserwolves sent out Coulton! (Zebstrika)

Start of turn 7
    JL_muserwolves called Coulton back!
    JL_muserwolves sent out Everest! (Golem)

Topah called Walrein back!
    Topah sent out Zebstrika!

Start of turn 8
    Topah called Zebstrika back!
    Topah sent out Garbodor!

Everest used Earthquake!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Garbodor lost 86% of its health!

The foe's Garbodor restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

Start of turn 9
    The foe's Garbodor used Drain Punch!
    It's super effective!
    Everest lost 98 HP! (32% of its health)
    Everest had its energy drained!

Everest used Earthquake!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Garbodor lost 33% of its health!
    The foe's Garbodor fainted!

Everest restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
    Topah sent out Throh!

Start of turn 10
    JL_muserwolves called Everest back!

The foe's Throh used Bulk Up!
    The foe's Throh's Attack rose!
    The foe's Throh's Defense rose!

Start of turn 11
    Juanes used Leech Seed!
    The foe's Throh was seeded!

The foe's Throh used Storm Throw!
    A critical hit!
    Juanes lost 180 HP! (49% of its health)

The foe's Throh's health is sapped by leech seed.
    Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 12
    Topah called Throh back!
    Topah sent out Walrein!

Juanes used Giga Drain!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Walrein lost 51% of its health!
    The foe's Walrein had its energy drained!

Start of turn 13
    Topah sent out Togetic!

Juanes used Giga Drain!
    It's not very effective...
    The foe's Togetic lost 5% of its health!
    The foe's Togetic had its energy drained!

Start of turn 14
    JL_muserwolves sent out Everest! (Golem)

The foe's Togetic used Tri Attack!
    Everest lost 53 HP! (17% of its health)

Start of turn 15
    Topah called Togetic back!
    Topah sent out Throh!

Everest used Stone Edge!
    A critical hit!
    The foe's Throh lost 45% of its health!

The foe's Throh restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 16
    Everest used Earthquake!
    The foe's Throh lost 41% of its health!

It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    Everest lost 158 HP! (52% of its health)

Start of turn 17
    Everest used Stone Edge!
    The attack of Everest missed!

It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    Everest lost 64 HP! (21% of its health)
    Everest fainted!

Start of turn 18
    Topah called Throh back!

Coulton used Overheat!
    The foe's Zebstrika lost 70% of its health!
    Coulton's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Start of turn 19
    Topah called Zebstrika back!
    Topah sent out Musharna!

Coulton used Overheat!
    The foe's Musharna lost 14% of its health!
    Coulton's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Start of turn 20

Topah called Musharna back!

Start of turn 21
    The foe's Zebstrika used Signal Beam!
    It's super effective!
    Juanes lost 134 HP! (36% of its health)

Juanes used Giga Drain!
    The foe's Zebstrika lost 29% of its health!
    The foe's Zebstrika fainted!
    The foe's Zebstrika had its energy drained!

Topah sent out Togetic!

Start of turn 22
    Juanes used Leech Seed!
    The foe's Togetic was seeded!

The foe's Togetic used Tri Attack!
    Juanes lost 58 HP! (15% of its health)

The foe's Togetic's health is sapped by leech seed.
    Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 23
    Topah sent out Walrein!

Juanes used Substitute!

Start of turn 24

The foe's Walrein used Encore!
    But it failed!

Start of turn 25
    Topah sent out Throh!

Coulton used Volt Switch!
    The foe's Throh lost 17% of its health!

Start of turn 26
    Manic used U-turn!
    The foe's Throh lost 7% of its health!
    The foe's Throh fainted!
    JL_muserwolves called Manic back!

Topah sent out Musharna!

Start of turn 27
    The foe's Musharna lost 24% of its health!

The foe's Musharna used Calm Mind!
    The foe's Musharna's Sp. Att. rose!
    The foe's Musharna's Sp. Def. rose!

Start of turn 28
    Juanes used Leech Seed!
    The foe's Musharna was seeded!

The foe's Musharna's health is sapped by leech seed.
    Juanes regained health!
    Tyrantrum is watching the battle.

Start of turn 29
    Juanes used Substitute!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 30
    Juanes used Giga Drain!
    The foe's Musharna lost 8% of its health!
    The foe's Musharna had its energy drained!

The foe's Musharna used Psychic!
    Juanes's substitute faded!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 31
    Juanes used Giga Drain!
    The foe's Musharna lost 8% of its health!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 32
    Juanes used Substitute!

A critical hit!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 33
    Juanes used Substitute!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 34
    Juanes used Substitute!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 35
    Juanes used Substitute!

Daybreak is watching the battle.
    Juanes regained health!
    WizzleKidd is watching the battle.

Start of turn 36
    Juanes used Giga Drain!
    The foe's Musharna lost 7% of its health!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 37
    Juanes used Substitute!
    Daybreak: powerful mushy

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 38
    Juanes used Substitute!

A critical hit!

Juanes regained health!
    Daybreak: hax

Start of turn 39
    Juanes used Substitute!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 40
    Juanes used Substitute!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 41
    Juanes used Giga Drain!
    The foe's Musharna lost 7% of its health!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 42
    Juanes used Substitute!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 43
    Juanes used Giga Drain!
    The foe's Musharna lost 6% of its health!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 44
    Juanes used Substitute!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 45
    Juanes used Substitute!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 46
    Juanes used Giga Drain!

Juanes regained health!
    Parpar is watching the battle.

Start of turn 47
    Juanes used Substitute!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 48
    Juanes used Giga Drain!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 49
    Juanes used Giga Drain!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 50
    Juanes used Giga Drain!
    The foe's Musharna lost 5% of its health!

Juanes regained health!

Start of turn 51
    Juanes used Giga Drain!

Juanes lost 336 HP! (92% of its health)

Juanes regained health!
    Tyrantrum stopped watching the battle.

Start of turn 52
    Juanes used Giga Drain!

Daybreak: powerful
    Juanes lost 115 HP! (31% of its health)
    Juanes fainted!

Start of turn 53
    Manic used X-Scissor!
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Musharna lost 70% of its health!

Manic lost 263 HP! (100% of its health)
    Manic fainted!

Start of turn 54
    JL_muserwolves sent out Pearl! (Misdreavus)

WizzleKidd: LOL
    Topah: strong

Pearl regained health!
    Daybreak: very
    michal is watching the battle.
    JL_muserwolves: god. dammit.
    michal stopped watching the battle.
    Topah: but im out of psychics
    Topah: lmao
    Daybreak: gg

Start of turn 55
    Topah called Musharna back!
    Topah sent out Walrein!

Pearl used Shadow Ball!
    The foe's Walrein lost 26% of its health!

Daybreak: stall till u drop

Start of turn 56
    Pearl lost 99 HP! (30% of its health)

Pearl used Shadow Ball!
    The foe's Walrein lost 16% of its health!
    The foe's Walrein fainted!

Topah sent out Togetic!

Start of turn 57
    Pearl used Substitute!
    Pearl made a substitute!

The foe's Togetic used Flamethrower!
    Pearl's substitute took the damage!

Start of turn 58
    Pearl used Will-O-Wisp!
    The foe's Togetic was burned!

Pearl's substitute faded!

The foe's Togetic was hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 59
    Pearl used Substitute!
    Pearl made a substitute!

Start of turn 60
    Pearl used Pain Split!
    The battlers shared their pain!

Pearl's substitute faded!

Start of turn 61
    Pearl used Substitute!
    Pearl made a substitute!

The foe's Togetic used Roost!
    The foe's Togetic landed on the ground!
    The foe's Togetic regained health!

Start of turn 62
    Pearl used Pain Split!
    The battlers shared their pain!

Start of turn 63
    JL_muserwolves called Pearl back!

Coulton lost 93 HP! (31% of its health)

Start of turn 64
    Topah sent out Musharna!

Coulton used Thunderbolt!
    The foe's Musharna lost 33% of its health!

Start of turn 65
    The foe's Musharna lost 17% of its health!
    The foe's Musharna fainted!

Topah sent out Togetic!

WizzleKidd stopped watching the battle.
    Topah: nop gg
    JL_muserwolves: really good match

Start of turn 66
    It's super effective!
    The foe's Togetic lost 13% of its health!
    The foe's Togetic fainted!

JL_muserwolves won the battle!
    JL_muserwolves: Success! Good match.
    Topah: O noes!
    Daybreak stopped watching the battle.
    Topah: y

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.[/secret]
    Learning the ropes, the Magneton drop, a couple of NU server tournament wins, and that satisfying feeling when you make a really good team with some lesser lights or unorthodox sets.

gg: good gen. See you guys in XY NU.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  14. Sakuya Izayoi

Sakuya Izayoi love to hate

Started playing NU about one and a half years ago, it was my first gen 5 tier I actually started on. I remember playing in #Tournaments as a noob and I liked how the tier was, so I played it =)
    Oh yeah, I used Serp+Emboar+Samurott as my first team that I made (Which was actually good shit that got me to 1300 or something.)

When I stopped playing NU, it was during the Bisharp/Crustle era. Pretty much spikestacking was over-centralising the entire tier to the extent where I quit NU for a while. I like the meta how it is now, it has its fair share of devasting checks and unbreakable walls.

See above

Dugtrio Definitely Crustle, it made the entire tier revolve around SpikeStacking, to the point where it sickened me. I also like Houndoom, seeing its NP set can demolish and burn down half the tier with the appropriate move.

Balance or Offensive teams have always been in the tier, but seeing the recent drops, semi-stall teams and even stall teams are starting to emerge! Pretty much now the entire tier is using psychic/dark/fighting core, which is okay-ish i guess :x

While I hated Liepard to the core, I don't think Liepard should have been banned. Probably, Prankster+Assist/Swagplay should have been banned because Liepard was still a good pokemon and all, and I liked its pivot set (Encore+Pursuit+U turn+Sucker Punch set best). Houndoom is a powerhouse in the tier that really should have been banned, but since its deemed not broken I'll just continue to abuse it ^w^

Every match is tough if your opp knows what he is doing.

I've won a loooooot of NU tours, beat Z+V for the NU gym leader badge (pity the meta was so shit at that time so I didn't want to beat up cased)

Thanks for leading the tier pretty well. R.I.P Incon buddy :<

15. East's Mascot

East's Mascot The Tyrant

Well, I'd always liked using weird mons when I started playing (I started with LU) and had used them with decent results, I remember hitting ~1320 a while back with an almost all nu team (I cringe when I look back at hero forums to see what it was...). I've always like innovation and found that nu was the tier that it was easiest to do so in, I'll post a link to my box center later, 9 boxes full of nu mons :]

NU has always been a little different from other metagames, you can't prepare for everything in any tier anymore, but more so in NU. There are just too many threats to stop. Things like banded Emboar to specs Beheeyem to Ludicolos that crit my fking regice with hydro pump 4 times in 1 day, you can't stop them all. I think the current metagame is pretty damn balanced honestly, outside of a few things that I'd argue aren't healthy, it's pretty fun. I haven't been playing for as long as I'd like, when I first started was right before bisharp/crustle left I think, and that seemed pretty crazy, but it left soon enough for me.

Well, the current metagame is my favorite, my least would have to be the bisharp/crustle part. I didn't experience it much, luckily, but it seemed pretty broken.

Sawk, Houndoom, Ludicolo, Samurott. I don't want to talk much about the older stuff since I wasn't there for most of it, but when you're teambuilding now, these are what you worry about. You build a team, you look at it, and see if you have something to "deal" with these. Sawk is scary as hell, no denying it. Base 125 (or 120 w/e) attack, base 120 power stab move, decent speed, great abilities in Sturdy and Mold Breaker, and good coverage, it's a big threat. Houndoom is just as scary, great mixed attacking stats, pretty nice speed tier in base 95, powerful move in fire blast, great ability in flash fire, and priority in stab sucker punch as well as a stab pursuit to trap ghost/psychic types. Ludicolo is just as scary as well, if you don't prepare for this mon, you'll lose. If this thing manages to set up a rain dance (pretty easy seeing as it has decent bulk, also supportable w/ mesprit/illumise or volbeat/etc or screens as well) If you don't have one of the following (there are others, but have such low usage that I won't list: SpDef Ludicolo, Roselia, Regice (unless it fucking gets critted...), or Mantine, you'll lose. You don't outspeed it after a rain dance without something like scarf base 115s and it hits ridiculously hard with his stab hydro pump in the rain, and has coverage with stab giga drain and ice beam. Samurott has 2 sets, one that is almost the same as ludicolo, except it doesn't require rain dance, but lacks the speed. His other set, SD, is just as scary as all the other mons, especially if you put it in torrent after an SD.

Offense has been pretty relevant in NU. Stall is usable, and pretty good in NU, but offense is currently the strongest type of team. Piloswine seems to have gone out of favor as of late, I believe it used to hold the #5 slot in usage. Mesprits usage seems to have been rising as well. Seismitoad and Tangela (as well as many other mons) seem to have dropped a fair bit as well.

Sawk, he's easily the most controversial one in terms of to be banned or not. He has counters, but he can be paired up with a pursuit trapper (Absol, Skunktank, Drapion, or Houndoom) who will take down any of his counters and allow him to sweep.

I've had plenty of hard games, some of the toughest games would probably be vs Afro or Um Hello? (or Topah's haxing Walrein P_P)

Having people come up to me and ask for help with teambuilding/asking me for sets. Always gives me a little bit of pride :]

Idk, our leaders are good, here's an example, a quote from Finch, "Da Raikage is logical". They clearly know what they're doing :]

Finch edit: Much logic, such intelligence.

Cased edit: wow such IQ

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
  16. Termophobia

Termophobia Member

I started focusing more on the lower tiers after my consistent failure in higher tiers. I failed to make successful teams, win matches, all of the above, but then it hit me, "Why don't I just try another tier, maybe I'll be better in those tiers!?!?!!!

Most balanced for me was when Mesprit and Escavalier dropped from LU down to NU, Pschics weren't a problem, Hyper Offense/Balanced was common, and most importantly, NO ALOMOMOLA.

Favorite: Snover/Hippo days
    Least: Now

I really think overall, Snover and Hippo have impacted the tier the most. It changed the metagame forever, for the better. Most dangerous threats would honestly have to be any pokemon with a Fighting move or Pursuit. The ol' Sawk/Skuntank combo, one my favorite tag teams to date. By name, Alomomola, Houndoom, Emboar, Samurott, Sawk, Primeape, Ludicolo, Klinklang, Skuntank, Musharna, Dusknoir, Dusclops, and all so many more terrorize this tier, but last but not least, ladies and gents, please don't forget our beloved, Tropius, mightiest threat of all.

I've been noticing numerous rain teams of late, due to Ludicolo's drop, a little bit of Ferroseed, Alomomola stall as well. Haunter and Pinsir's usage seems to be depleting, Rise in Mesprit, Volbeat and Illumise, Piloswine (Yay!), and oddly, a lot of Stunfisk, derp.

Alomomola should've gone along with Amoonguss in my opinion.

I hated to see Cinccino go, It was powerful as hell, though frail, I loved it to death </3

Any match I had against New Breed, considering it was like battling a mirror.

Hitting #1 !!! WHOO
    for a day.

WHY NO MEGA TYRENITR IN NU?

17. Dzi

Dzi So Nyuh Shi Dae

about one and a half year ago. after playing uu with sandstorm hippowdon, they banned it so i moved to nu.

healthiest is probably during the drop of manetric/gardevoir/houndoom. it gave offensive teams more usage since balanced/bulky/stall teams were always the dominating playstyles.

the least balanced was probably when regenerator amoonguss was released and the amoonguss+alomomola was literally everywhere.

3. Which metagame stage was your favourite? Your least favourite? s

my favorite was probably the bisharp era because almost everybody on the ladder had bisharp in their team lol.

least favourite is the current metagame stage because i haven't tried it yet. -_-

snover and hippo of course because weather can change almost everything in a tier. sawk+skuntank was a huge threat until now, musharna is still my favorite nu pokemon. classics like klinklang, samurott and emboar will always be threats. alo is a betch.

bulky. use gurdurr/musharna/skuntank and you have a good team. nu has a bunch of bulky pokemon ranging from alomomola down to eviolite users.

alomomola needs to go. srsly. sawk and musharna too but i want alo banned first.

probably my matches against the tier leaders and the pro nu guys were the hardest.

meh

you guys are fab. :]

18. The Simpson Menace

The Simpson Menace nostalgia

#HotSawsBuck :]

About 13 Months ago. I had just downloaded PO and then i made a crappy team then it turned out to be in NU so i played with it.Nu is the first tier i played and will die or leave PO playing it

Hmm hard to decide .I'd say when i just started playing NU ,when Manectric and scyther were still there.

My favourite was when Gurdurr was recognized and used alot .My least favourite was when Miltank, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Absol, Claydol and ferroseed all dropped to NU[Randomly] .New Hazard setter ,new Spin Blocker ,new Revenge killer/Sucker Punch user ,new spinner and new Cleric.it just made NU a an horrible tier. imo

Sawk and Musharna ,matter of fact, the most used Psychic/dark/fighting core [Musharna/Skuntank/sawk]

Hmm too many. The Musharna/Sawk/skuntank core , Lead Mesprit , Sandshrew eviolite lead ,Eviolite lead dwebble , Rest Chesto harvest Exeggutor , Lum/sitrus harvest Tropius , Prankster Liepard using assist[good times] , Prankster Whimsicott with encore , Monster Wall Alomomola , Rise of Kadabra and Rotom-S. Basically ,lots of stall styles and not much
    offense.

I know most people would say sawk and i would too but sawk would SUCK in Lu, it wont be funny .Umm but i feel that Musharna and Belly Drum Linoone[Lol at 1 stage it wrecked NU + with Dual screen Memento it was unstoppabble allowing him to set up with sitrus berry] should have been Banned. I'd say Scyther and Manectric should not have left.

The toughest match i had was against Laura Palmer who used a stall team that was bulky and had Flareon/Drapion/Lickilicky/Dusclops...[i forgot the rest] grats to Her/Him on making it to 1400[I saw dat rank ;)

Putting Rotom-F on the map [I used to Blizzard sweep teams alot]

Idk if CasedVictory remembers but i met him yesterday[4th November] i still wanna see your well dude :].I really dont have much to say u guys but Good job on leading NU thou bringing them LU pokes[Dusclops,Miltank,Dusknoir,Absol...] to Nu was messed up thou :).I hope XY NU will be a success.

19. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Before the tier was made; It was kinda a big deal in PNU when we started it.

I think the Metagame around June of 2012 was the best, though the Manectric / Scyther meta was pretty good as well. Least would have to be the Bisharp meta, though some of the early shit with Smeargle and Wobb was godawful as well.

Favorite was FWG meta in late 2011-mid 2012. Least favorite was the starting bullshit meta.

Sawk. This thing has stayed near the #1 spot for almost its entire stay in NU. It's made shit go out of style and has really determined what was going to stay high in NU. I'd say Samurott is the most dangerous as it is ridiculously hard to check between the 2-3 sets that have pretty distinct counters. Musharna is pretty close behind it, seeing as it can wreck any team that didn't bring the right check to it.

I've seen the change from an HO start quickly settle into a more balanced / bulky offensive tier during the latter part of 2011. The trend has mostly fluctuated between BO and Balanced being the "top" playstlyles, with Stall and HO becoming popular at various times (stall in Sand meta for example).

Hail. It should have been banned a shitton earlier and without taking a shitton of extra time. Sand probably deserves similiar treatment though it wasn't actually as bad.

I don't think Misdreavus should have been banned in its time. The whole issue ended up solving itself as people began to prepare for eviolite stall more.

Probably my POCL1 match against The Real Elmo. It ended with a large number of predictions that let me PP stall him for the win.

Winning the first POCL by going 5-3 in NU, losing only to Django. Played a lot of great games against NU pillars like Luck, Elmo, Emad (!), and a few others.

I miss Pnerd.

20. TheHitman

TheHitman Member

I believe in late BW1 NU. I had played through the story mode finally and had wanted a tier to competently use my bro Samurott. also served as a change of pace from the OU I played non stop

The Cincinno/Golurk/Escavalier stage had a lot of viable options, and I didn't feel it was overtly centralizing. alot of fun. worst, ofc Crustle/Bish.

Probably the meta before Cryogonal left, was a very compotent and unique spinner. The best NU ever saw. Worst, see above. fucking Crusty G man

Sawk and Musha were consistently prevalent throughout the entire metagame. Such great glue mons. So hard to switch around CB Sawk, and Musha's bulk was delightful. As far as dangerous, Samurott was always a little nuke. Klingklang also was probably the best set up sweeper.

Stall seemed much more prevalent early on. As the amount of spinners waned to shit like Torkoal and Armaldo, HO became pretty big. HO Rain surged a bit with Ludi. It peaked with Crustle/Bish/ Honestly now I'd say the tier has essentially leveled out

idk if anything that didn't get banned shouldn't have. glad Liepard got booted, and I felt Crustle was on the inevitable path to bandom. not sure why the overwhelming hope for Sawk ban, was just really good, not OP

lots of great battles, Gl4ss and Sweetie Belle back in the day, with Cased, Meeps, New Breed, Finch etc. if I find logs I'll update

First ladder I ever peaked on, being able to play it in POCL and POWC at one point, actually carving a niche for myself in a tier despite great periods of inactivity. just alot of fun, and NU players are generally cool to talk to

I'm just it man

21. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

Played during last year's POWC, so about a year and a half ago. Sweetie ßelle and Elmo got me into them as I wanted to learn to be a useful player and learn lower tiers.

Uh, I don't know much about least healthy, but the last few months of it really. Healthiest again don't really know, but it was healthy from when I started almost, to the early this year.

Favorite, same as above since I started til about early this year. Least was the last few months.

Houndoom honestly. The thing caused a power vacuum that threw things out of whack. Houndoom, Sawk, Musharna, Klinklang, Gurdurr, Samurott, Charizard, RELICANTH, the whole tier was a danger to itself, etc.

Stall + HO have really gone back and forth from what I've played in for player tastes. Though stall has kind of died last I knew thanks to a surge of offensive play styles thanks to a lot of recent drops.

Sawk...Sawk....Klinklang....Sawk....Houndoom??? Musharna? Also, free nicki minaj again so I can abuse it.

No logs/replays, but any match against Gl4ss was tough.

I hit like top 5 when Gl4ss was around, and when Afro Smash was a nub that got extremely lucky.

Why am I better than you at the tier? Why isn't musharna banned? Where is the Exeggutor love? Will we see a ferroseed ban at any point in the near future because you want to do one?

22. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Necrobump time!

I know they weren't all here at the same time but, Magneton/Golurk/Escavalier metas were all highlights tbh, would've loved to have seen them all together at some point.

Sawk
    - I'm sure we all guessed this but, still stand by my arguments, good Speed tier incredibly hard to Check outside of bulky Psychic types (Mesprit and Mush), so people would then run a Dark type (Skunk and Houndoom) to trap Psychic types to support Sawk, and it just made the meta really stale imo.

Musharna - Not so blatant after Houndoom + Drapion dropped but still, I think Musharna should've been banned or at least suspected. Like Sawk,
    Musharna required you to bring a specific type to ensure you weren't beaten by it, in this case Dark types. Musharna's bulk was so huge that it was near impossible to 2HKO outside of strong Dark types, and things like SD Samurott and Pinsir were easily worn down by unboosted Psychics coming off of Musharna's great base 107 Sp Atk. This meant teams lacking a Dark type would find themselves unable to break it Physically and after 1 CM Specially either. It had Heal Bell and Synchronize to ensure it couldn't be Toxic Stalled too. You could also run Signal Beam or HP Ground for coverage on Dark types but Heal Bell was better imo.

The fact that it was so insanely difficult to beat Musharna outside of Dark types meant that Thunder Wave and Baton Pass sets became common, using the forced switch to a Dark type as easy momentum and crippling it for the rest of the match.

There was of course the odd other thing to beat it such as Encore/Trick mons, Taunt Misdreavus etc. but these things weren't difficult to wear down and fairly easy to predict.

Klinklang - Klinklang I wasn't 100% convinced on but it should have been suspected imo. It had 100% Counters that were fairly common in Seismitoad/Gastro, Tangela and Torkoal, however aside from these it was very difficult to Counter. For Offense especially it was pretty impossible to face, since after 1 boost it outsped everything and +1 Gear Grind/Return OHKO'd basically everything after Rocks. Also the fact it had the mono Steel typing and good Defenses meant it could find a bunch of opportunities to set up a Sub or a Shift Gear, after which, for teams lacking the aforementioned Counters, it would meaning losing at least 1 mon, maybe more.

Things like Gurdurr and Eelektross were good Checks, but were fairly easy to wear down with repeated Returns/Gear Grinds.

Alomomola - Might seem a bit odd, but thinking back on it I think Alomomola was just far too good a Support mon imo. It had insane Physical bulk, countering literally every Physical Attacker in the tier, especially since Water typing only granted it 2 weaknesses and Physical Electric and Grass types were rare in the tier aside from Sawsbuck. It could also go mixed or Specially Defensive and still be able to take on the vast majority of Physical attackers, whilst also becoming a decent Check to Special Attackers too, tanking LO HP Grass from Samurott and being able to tank Volt Switches and heal up with Wish Tect. Finally because it was able to Wall so many things, it could easily spread Toxic or Scald Burns after things were forced out.

Its huge HP meant it could pass Wishes that would heal majority of its teammates back to full, and thanks to regenerator it could keep itself and its teammates at the same time, not having to sacrifice a turn Protecting to regain health.

Also the fact it was basically only breakable on the Physical side with a Choice Band boost meant that it was incredibly easy to pivot with, just bring it in guaranteed to take no more than 60% to scout the move, then heal up with Regenerator whilst you switch to a teammate that resists or is immune.

Would also make Cased have to scrap like every team he's ever made which would be fun.

If you're allowed to suspect things from past gens then u better fuckin do it tbh.

Gj on banning Gothorita, but all the above things should've recieved supects or been banned imo, and you're all bum niggas for not even arguing back in Sawk suspect.

Also you look like horse trash compared to XY NU leaders.

23. SongSing

SongSing KILLL

PO Trainer Name:
    SongSing

afro gets it
    read this @Wavy
    also shedinja is dumb