1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Share your Battles – Round 5

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel' started by Tyki, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    This is the community battle thread, where players who know how to battle have the chance to be featured on our Youtube channel, whether they're "popular" or not.

This is the method:

When you submit a battle, post it in the following format:

You can also submit other player's battles you find on the server if you believe they're of high-quality; just make sure the players agree to you submitting it and can provide their full log first. When submitting a scouted battle, use the same format excluding the Youtube channel link (unless you know the players' channel links.) You can submit up to 3 scouted battles.

How we evaluate your submissions:

Please do NOT:

If you have any questions, post in the thread or PM your questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Evaluation Team:
    - Hikari
    - Fitzy
    - Finchinator
    - Tyki
    - Mutalisk
    - ThatIsWhatSheSaid
    - Hannah Banana

Deadline: Until Gen 6 is Out of Beta

---------------------------------------
    RESULTS FROM LAST ROUND
    ---------------------------------------

Dude24 vs Isa- - RBY
    Approve: 2 | Reject: 0 | Abstain: 1 | APPROVED

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - Approve
    Approve. Match was good, and tier is something we don't see any of really on PO's youtube channel. However this is a pretty tentative approval, since the tier will potentially be really boring if we're unable to get a really good narrator who's able to make it interesting and really knows the tier.[/HIDE]

Hikari - Approve
    Approved[/HIDE]

Finchinator - Abstain
    Abstaining first battle - I don't know anything about RBY OU, sorry.[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

Archeops' Invasion vs MeowMix - HGSS OU
    Approve: 1 | Reject: 1 | Abstain: 1 | Approved with Tie Breaker

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - Abstain
    Abstain. Both sides had pretty blatant misplays and the play was less than stellar overall. In the end it was a close battle with an exciting finish but I really didn't enjoy the play enough to approve.[/HIDE]

Hikari - Approve
    Approved[/HIDE]

Finchinator - Reject
    Rejecting second battle - It's a close game, with all aspects considered. However, the level of play wasn't too high and seeing things like T-Wave Jolteon makes me cringe. Also, both players misplayed, possible numerous times. At the end, MeowMix shouldn't have Calm Minded with Suicune and FrontD didn't need to fodder of Celebi to Lucario for no reason. With all that said, if you up the level of play and teams slightly, I'd reconsider. But, not with the current submission. Rejected.[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

[IMP] Leon vs [IDM] Champion - Wifi Ubers
    Approve: 0 | Reject: 3 | Abstain: 0 | REJECTED

ThatIsWhatSheSaid - Reject
    Reject. Not close at all, pretty standard teams on both. There was some good play here but really didn't have enough at all to make for an interesting video.[/HIDE]

Hikari - Reject
    Rejected[/HIDE]

Finchinator - Reject
    Rejecting third battle - It's a decent battle, better than the last one, at least. However, I'm not a big fan of the spammy-crowd (spectators), nor the lopsided outcome (4-0.) The level of play is decent and both players have decent teams, but I'm just not a fan of how it transpired and how weak [IDM]Champion's player was to Rain. I wouldn't mind if this was accepted, though.[/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]
    [/HIDE]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  2. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Username: Xdevo
    Battle link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb7dt4klryomyj3/ZoroDark vs Xdevo at 02h50.poreplay
    Tier: Wifi UU
    Number of turns: 41
    Battle description: This was Zorodark and my UU battle for the TOPs tour. The battle starts with Chandelure getting put to Sleep by Roserade, which was only a SR switch away from dying, so the next few turns are spent manuvering to avoid SR on my side, while trying to get my own up. As the mid-game progressed, we both prepared our win conditions, with a bit a smart play and some luck led to the end of battle in my favor.
    Your team: Cobalion / Snorlax / Crobat / Slowbro / Chandelure / Roserade
    Opponent's team: Hitmonlee / Scrafty / Rhyperior / Chandelure / Amoonguss / Zapdos

3. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    Post to remind myself about CasedVictory vs Meeps LTT battle. (Secret because team reveal).

4. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.