1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS] Gen 6 Creative Movesets

Discussion in 'Past Gens Discussion' started by Dr. Doom, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

Self explanatory title. What movesets do you see for new Pokémon, Mega Evolutions or pre existing Pokémon given a few new toys?

Gogoat

I think Gogoat has potential in the lower tiers. I used one in my main team on X, and I was impressed with its ability to give and take punishment. I was also impressed with its movepool - Leaf Blade, Double Edge, Earthquake, Payback, Milk Drink and Bulk Up. Some sets I thought of (with NU in mind):

Choice Band
    Gogoat @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature (+Atk -SAtk)
    Trait: Sap Sipper
    EV: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
    Leaf Blade
    Double-Edge
    Earthquake
    Payback/Wild Charge

Standard wallbreaker. STAB Leaf Blade lets it beat Alomomola. Leaf Blade gets STAB - Double-Edge and Earthquake hit most of the Pokémon who resist Leaf Blade for neutral damage or better. The combination of Leaf Blade, Double-Edge and Earthquake are resisted only by Drifblim, Haunter and (lol) Shedinja. A slow Payback can be used to hurt faster Psychic and Ghost types on the switch while Wild Charge OHKOs Drifblim after Stealth Rock. EVs maximise power and bulk.

Offensive Tank
    Gogoat @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    EV: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
    Leaf Blade
    Return/Double-Edge
    Earthquake
    Milk Drink

Trades some of the power of the Choice Band set for freedom to switch moves and recovery. Leaf Blade is again the STAB move. Return gets good coverage alongside it, although Double-Edge does hit a fair bit harder. Earthquake hits the Fire, Steel and Poison types that resist Gogoat's STAB for super effective damage. Milk Drink is used to keep Gogoat alive longer so it can take a hit and return fire. Life Orb gives Gogoat more power; Leftovers improves its survivability.

Bulk Up
    Gogoat @ Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+SDef -SAtk)
    EV: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SDef
    Substitute
    Bulk Up
    Horn Leech
    Earthquake/Return

Gogoat can be a wallbreaker, a tank, or in this case a bulky physical sweeper. Substitute protects it from status and revenge killing. Bulk Up gives it power and physical bulk in one go. Horn Leech is used for STAB - it allows Gogoat to recover HP lost through Substitute. Earthquake gets good neutral coverage with Horn Leech - the combination is only resisted by Drifblim, Golbat, Haunter and Sap Sipper Sawsbuck. Return also gets good neutral coverage with Horn Leech, with only Steel types Drifblim and Haunter resisting both. EVs maximise special bulk - thanks to Bulk Up, you don't need to invest in Gogoat's physical stats.

Will do more later.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. shvihka

shvihka New Member

Greninja (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Protean
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Dark Pulse/Hp Fire
    - Scald
    - U-turn
    - Extrasensory/Grass Knot/Dark Pulse/Hp Fire

The special attacker set + U-turn to escape unfavourable matchups.
    Protean gives STAB to all those moves and expert belt boosts the power of STAB's really easy.

Greninja (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Protean
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Water Shuriken
    - Shadow Sneak
    - U-turn/Power-Up Punch

Physical set with spikes, 2 priority moves and a switch, PuP can work and boost your priority a bit.

Greninja will be used a spinner tho, but seeing as it still doesn't have spin in his moveset this are probably the best sets it can use.

Abomasnow (F) @ Abomasite
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 252 Atk / 144 SAtk / 112 SDef ( 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 HP)
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Blizzard
    - Wood Hammer
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake

This will be the standard aboma set hits very hard and is bulky enough to withstand one super effective attack ( not fire tho) and OHKO pretty much anything in return.

Aurorus (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Rock Polish
    - Thunderbolt
    - Blizzard
    - Ancient Power

This is my set for aurorus his SAtk stat got worse but it can still work as a late game clean up sweeper just make sure hazards are not up HP fire/fighting/ground can be used instead of AP (ground less so with all the balloons).

Chesnaught (F) @ Assault Vest
    Trait: Bulletproof
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Def / 40 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Shadow Claw
    - Horn Leech/Seed Bomb/Wood Hammer
    - Hammer Arm/Brick Break
    - Stone Edge/EQ

This thing fucks up gengar and rotom-w so much especially gengar though, Chesnaught is immune to Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb and OHKO's back with shadow claw.
    Moreover, Chesnaught hits almost anything super effectively and nothing resists this set.
    I like this set much more than the Bulk Up/Sword Dance sets although this is probably very niche.

Edit: Totally forgot to comment on your sets, I think Gogoat will be useable at least, the first 2 sets are more likely to make it any far I say UU at best for the goat.

3. Liarliarpantsonfire

Liarliarpantsonfire Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Liarliarpantsonfire
    Hmmmm I'm not too impressed with Gogoat, it's essentially a worse Sawsbuck. I can see some people using it over Bouffalant though that Grass-typing also means many extra weaknesses. Greninja is very interesting and will be very valuable for Rain Offense, possibly even replacing Starmie thanks to U-turn and better speed. Mega Abomasnow is pretty good but not amazing. With good predictions you can get some nice kills, just because it's moveset is so standard. Like hitting the incoming Heatran with EQ after forcing out some Dragon with the potential Ice Shard. It's definitely an improvement from Expert Belt Abomasnow to say the least. Aurorus will be a great backup for Abomasnow, and will definitely be the go to Hail summoner in lower tiers. Chesnaught is eh. With amazing new Flying-types like Hawlucha and Noivern it's gonna have a hard time keeping up.

Anyway here's my awesome moveset, I thought I posted it somewhere before but can't find it anymore .-.

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Spikes
    - Swagger
    - Substitute

So yeah this is my moveset for Klefki. Pretty sure I'm the first one to use it unless you can prove me otherwise :x Spikes is standard, and Klefki can easily setup on the likes of Ferrothorn. However, you should use Substitute first turn to stop Leech Seed or Thunder Wave. Then you can freely Thunder Wave and Swagger. While the opponent tries to break through parafusion you setup Spikes. From there it's a vicious circle: the more your opponent switches to get rid of confusion, the more Spikes damage they take and the more pokemon get paralyzed. If they stay in, they have a very very slim chance to win. Either way you are very likely to paralyze at least two pokes and get up three layers of hazards. This pokemon is flatout my favorite poke to use in Gen 6 and I predict that many more will start using it. So that's why I'm claiming this set right now :3 Spread is pretty standard, don't need speed cause prankster and no attack ev's because yeah, no attacking moves. The fact that Klefki can freely switch in on Draco Meteors and Outrages makes him even more awesome >:3

EDIT: This set is obviously weak to Rapid Spin, Magic Bounce and Taunt. However with spinblockers like Mega Gengar and Aegislash and Taunt being pretty rare from my experience it shouldn't be too big of a problem. Magic Bounce is super-predictable anyways. Possibly gonna post a log later.

EDIT TWO: Here's a log that showcases Klefki at its best.
    Battle between Liarliarpantsonfire and Valeev started!

Tier: Gen 6 OU
    Mode: Singles
    Rule: Unrated
    Rule: Sleep Clause
    Rule: Species Clause
    Rule: Wifi Battle
    Rule: Self-KO Clause

Your team: Abomasnow / Klefki / Noivern / Absol / Barbaracle / Hawlucha
    Opponent's team: Greninja / Gardevoir / Aegislash / Vivillon / Donphan / Ditto

Liarliarpantsonfire sent out Klefki!
    Valeev sent out Greninja!

Start of turn 1
    Valeev called Greninja back!
    Valeev sent out Aegislash!

Klefki used Substitute!
    Klefki made a substitute!

Klefki restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 2
    Klefki used Thunder Wave!
    The foe's Aegislash is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Aegislash is paralyzed! It can't move!

Start of turn 3
    Klefki used Spikes!
    Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Valeev's team!

The foe's Aegislash used Swords Dance!
    The foe's Aegislash's Attack sharply rose!

Start of turn 4
    Klefki used Swagger!
    The foe's Aegislash became confused!

The foe's Aegislash is confused!
    It hurt itself in its confusion!
    The foe's Aegislash lost 14% of its health!

The foe's Aegislash restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 5
    Klefki used Spikes!

The foe's Aegislash used Shadow Sneak!
    A critical hit!
    Klefki's substitute faded!

Start of turn 6
    The foe's Aegislash is paralyzed! It can't move!

Klefki used Substitute!

Start of turn 7
    Klefki used Swagger!
    The foe's Aegislash is already confused.

The foe's Aegislash snapped out its confusion.
    The foe's Aegislash used Shadow Sneak!
    Klefki's substitute faded!

Start of turn 8
    Klefki used Swagger!
    The foe's Aegislash became confused!

The foe's Aegislash lost 95% of its health!

Start of turn 9
    Klefki used Substitute!

The foe's Aegislash lost 11% of its health!
    The foe's Aegislash fainted!

Valeev sent out Greninja!
    The foe's Greninja is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 10
    The foe's Greninja used Water Shuriken!
    The foe's Greninja had its type changed to Water!
    Klefki's substitute took the damage!
    Klefki's substitute took the damage!
    Hit 2 time(s)!

Klefki used Thunder Wave!
    The foe's Greninja is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Start of turn 11
    Klefki used Swagger!
    The foe's Greninja's Attack sharply rose!
    The foe's Greninja became confused!

The foe's Greninja is confused!
    The foe's Greninja is paralyzed! It can't move!

Start of turn 12
    Klefki used Spikes!

The foe's Greninja lost 34% of its health!

Start of turn 13
    Klefki used Swagger!
    The foe's Greninja's Attack sharply rose!
    The foe's Greninja is already confused.

The foe's Greninja lost 49% of its health!
    The foe's Greninja fainted!

Valeev forfeited against Liarliarpantsonfire!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.[/HIDE]

4. shvihka

shvihka New Member

Taunt isn't that rare tbh, this set can work but I think Klefki is best used to summon weather..

- Rain Dance / Sunny Day
    - T-Wave / Toxic
    - Spikes
    - Dazzling Gleam

Either way Klefki will be fine.

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd ( 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd) For a more offensive or a bulkier approach.
    - Spikes / T-Spikes
    - Giga Drain / Energy Ball
    - Sludge Bomb / Venoshock ( Venoshock is gimmicky and works only with T-Spikes)
    - Synthesis / Rest / HP Fire / Shadow ball / Sleep Powder

I think Roserade will make one of the comebacks to OU this gen it can be fairly versatile and is a good lead especially with the buff to poison types.

5. .Rawr!

.Rawr! c(°3°)כ

PO Trainer Name:
    Day Healer
    I think this too. Monotype pokes are never so good, in my experience, except few cases.

Greninja, Klefki and Chesnaught are very interesting (a shame greninja don't learn rapid spin). I'm looking forward for all them. Not so impressed for the new ice pokes, i was expecting some buff for ice pokes this gen, but still the same weaknesses, so doh.

This set seems okay for lower tiers:

Dragalge (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Poison Point
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hydro Pump/ Surf
    - Dragon Pulse/ HP fighting

Dragalge have already decent SpA, with a specs it becomes great, draco meteor is the main move hitting everything except steel and fairies, sludge bomb hit fairies super effectively and hydro pump/surf is for the steels (rain can help here more). Last move is between dragon pulse for a no-drawback dragon move, or HP fighting for ferroseed/empoleon (although the move is pretty weak this gen).
    He can absorb toxic spikes too, so :3. The only counters are the same which Kingdra have, ferroseed and empoleon.

6. Dr. Doom

Sets for Xerneas. I think it has real potential in Ubers, since it can smash the umpteen Dragons to pieces.

Xerneas

Choice
    Nature: Timid/Hasty
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
    EV: 4 HP/Atk, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Moonblast
    Thunder/Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast/Close Combat
    Grass Knot/Sleep Talk

Either revenge killer or wallbreaker. Moonblast gets STAB and with Fairy Aura hits really hard (incidentally, do we know how much Fairy Aura powers up Fairy moves by?). Thunder(bolt) OHKOs Ho-Oh after Stealth Rock. Focus Blast or Close Combat mauls Ferrothorn. Grass Knot hits Kyogre and Groudon hard or you could use Sleep Talk to be able to switch in on Darkrai. EVs maximise speed and special attack with the leftovers in either HP or Attack depending on whether or not you go mixed. Nature is much the same.

Geomancy
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Power Herb
    EV: 152 HP, 252 SAtk, 104 Spd
    Geomancy
    Moonblast
    Focus Blast
    Thunder/Thunderbolt

This set is high risk high reward. Thanks to Power Herb, you can use Geomancy with no charge up, giving Xerneas Nasty Plot, Amnesia and Agility in one go. Moonblast is again the main STAB, and at +2 will at worst 2HKO anything not resisting it. Focus Blast pulverises Ferrothorn. Thunder(bolt) deals with Ho-Oh. The EVs let Xerneas outrun Scarf Terrakion at +2, with special attack maximised for optimum power. The leftovers are placed in HP for bulk. Alternatively, 220 Speed EVs let it outrun Scarf Darkrai while 236 lets it outrun Scarf Shaymin-S.

Calm Mind
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    EV: 252 SAtk, 4 SDef, 252 Spd
    Calm Mind
    Moonblast
    Focus Blast
    Thunder/Thunderbolt

While it's hard to ignore the sheer power Geomancy brings, Calm Mind is a much safer alternative. Calm Mind gives Xerneas power and bulk simultaneously. Moonblast gets STAB, Focus Blast hits the Steel types that resist it for super effective damage, Thunder(bolt) gets Ho-Oh. EVs maximise speed and special attack with the leftovers in Special Defence to increase Xerneas's special bulk when using Calm Mind. Life Orb gives more power while Leftovers increase Xerneas's survivability.

Mixed Attacker
    Nature: Hasty
    Item: Life Orb
    EV: 172 Atk, 252 SAtk, 84 Spd
    Moonblast
    Close Combat
    Thunder/Thunderbolt
    Nature Power/Grass Knot

Since Xerneas has equal attacking stats, why not use a mixed set? Moonblast is once again the main STAB, and is as powerful as ever. Close Combat wrecks the Steel types that resist it. It also cleanly 2HKOs Chansey and Ferrothorn. Thunder(bolt) is again used to smash Ho-Oh to bits. Nature Power is a pseudo Earthquake, and 2HKOs Calm Mind Poison Arceus (who I predict will get more use purely to counter Xerneas) after Stealth Rock. The EVs let Xerneas outrun max speed base 90s with a neutral nature. Special Attack is maximised to give Moonblast max power. The rest is placed into attack to juice up the physical moves.

7. Volke

Volke Radiant

Greninja is top class for sure, with so many viable sets, fast, strong and difficult to predict, I can definitely see it as one of the most used gen 6 mons.
    In these first days I used to run Greninja pretty successfully in a rain team, with Goodra as rain inducer:

Goodra (M) @ Damp Rock
    Trait: Hydration
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Rain Dance
    - Draco Meteor
    - Rest
    - Sludge Bomb

Manual inducer @ Damp Rock is much more useful now that auto-weather has been nerfed, and Goodra's stats and abilities made me go for it (after having tried Klefki for a bit). Rest provides full recover, with the sleep healed by Hydration, Draco Meteor is to spam STAB, while Sludge Bomb helps taking down Fairies. Klefki still means trouble, being immune to both Goodra's attacking moves; one viable alternative to deal with it could be running Thunder over Sludge Bomb. I must admit EVs spread is pretty much random, I just felt like giving Goodra as much overall bulk as I could (252 HP) without nerfing its attacking capabilities (which are nothing to laugh at). With this spread and nature it tops to 370 SDef and 319 SAtk, with 384 HP. I enjoyed using it :)

Also, I have not a proper set to post, but I found a pretty interesting mon in Flying Gem + Acrobatics Talonflame, I saw it sweeping a lot of times!

8. Insane Soul

Insane Soul Griffith did nothing wrong.

PO Trainer Name:
    Insane Soul
    Aggron (M) @ Aggronite
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Roar

This is the set i've been using for my lead Aggron.. A Defense stat equal to Shuckle with the plus of a better HP Stat and a more than usable Attack Stat... Sets up Rocks 100% of time, and with Ghost support it can make sure they stay there.. The Speed investment is to outspeed minimum investment Aegislash, destroying him if it doesn't have Secret Sword.. Otherwise, it can beat it most of time, leaving a gap for the revenge kill, if you can take a Shadow Sneak ofc.. Iron Head is mainly for fairies and Roar is for phazing defensive pokemon whom Aggron doesn't mind taking a Toxic or Thunder Wave from, like Sylveon or Florges..

9. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Dragalge @ Leftovers
    Trait: Poison Point
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SDef
    - Toxic Spikes (I've bred it ingame so I know it gets it)
    - Scald
    - Sludge Wave
    - Dragon Tail

Despite Dragalge's pretty average stats in everything but SpDef, access to TSpikes alongside a great typing should let the sea monster support stall and balanced teams. Since Dragalge doesn't have reliable recovery (aside from rest which is still meh with the revert in mechanics), wish support is super helpful for keeping Dragalge alive. Scald will help patch up that averagish Defensive stat, while hitting any Ground types that might want to try and take a swing with EQ or whatever. Sludge Wave is STAB, but is mostly a filler move anyway. Dragon Tail can spread poison around the opposing side quickly before they can Spin or Defog away the hazards.

Looking at what the metagame is turning out to be, I'm guessing this'll be UU or LU.

10. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Talonflame (M) @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Gale Wings
    - Acrobatics
    - Flare Blitz
    - Bulk Up
    - Roost

Interesting Bulk Ups+ Priority Acrobatics and Roost = gg

11. Dr. Doom

Are the gems available in X and Y? I looked on Serebii but they didn't have a location for them. If they are, a set I thought of for Hawlucha

Hawlucha @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Unburden
    EV: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spd
    Swords Dance
    Acrobatics
    High Jump Kick
    Stone Edge/Roost

Very simple, Swords Dance and sweep. Acrobatics is the main STAB, and after Swords Dance will at worst 2HKO anything that doesn't resist it. The Flying Gem also triggers Unburden. High Jump Kick is the alternate STAB, and wrecks the Rock and Steel types that resist Acrobatics. Stone Edge gets some additional coverage on opposing Flying types while Roost keeps Hawlucha alive longer.

12. Volke

Volke Radiant

Yeah, Hawlucha is really a pain to face, that's why I always run Talonflame to OHKO it asap. On Talonflame I prefer Swords Dance over Bulk Up, but it's just me :D

13. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    I have played only a few games, but I come to you with strong theorymon!

Greninja (M) @ Petaya Berry
    Trait: Torrent
    - Substitute
    - Hydro Pump
    - Grass Knot
    - Ice Beam

With base 122 speed, Greninja outspeeds nearly everything, bar Mega Gengar and a few others, leaving it able to abuse its ability and coverage to the fullest extent (not to mention 103 SAtk isn't too shabby.) Many of you might be familiar with SubPetayaAgilityEmpoleon. Well, Greninja is comparable, but it doesn't necessarily require using Agility. It now has three coverage moves, the ability to get +1 / torrent consistently, and the ability to destroy Pokemon not named Ferrothorn or Blissey.

Delphox (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDed / 252 Spd
    - Fire Blast
    - Psychic / Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Sunny Day
    - Solarbeam

Delphox strikes me as a Pokemon that wants to be an offensive force in higher Metagames, but probably won't because it is plagued with an SR weakness, flaws like Ninetales (an inability to break through dragons and Pokemon like Heatran, Tyranitar, Politoed,etc.), and a need for major team support.
    This set utilizes sunny day, which may be interesting as weather will likely see decreased usage do to the abilities being nerfed, and Solarbeam to lure and kill water, Rock, and ground types. Additionally, STAB and LO boosted Fire Blast is never something to shy away from. The final slot can go to Psychic for additional STAB that also hits dragon types neutrally, or HP Ground for Heatran.
    114 special attack and 104 speed are pretty threatening. Add in the coverage and sunshine and you might get a potent sweeper.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  14. Dasdardly

Dasdardly Uknown Bird

PO Trainer Name:
    Dasdardly, Eureka
    He gets Focus Blast :o (And here's hoping his Hidden is Adaptability!!)

Tested this in-game myself, Nature Power is Tri Attack in Wifi battles now (IT SUCKS!) But CC Xerneas is looking baller~.

I've been using Sash > the Gem (which yeah I've found a few in-game) and it's pretty baller if you can pull it off! (I've also been noticing that I want Jolly most of the time :C.

One mon that I'm super excited about is Togekiss! I've been using a pretty standard bulky NP set and it's just about unkillable haha

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    Bold Nature (+Def,-Atk)
    248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SDef
    -Roost
    -Nasty Plot
    -Air Slash
    -Thunder Wave

and like,oh wait... there's a ghost-type spinner now hahahah. Drifblim is such a baller.
    Edit: and did anyone notice that Low Sweep is 65 bp, so Breloom can't use it anymore? Hahahahah

15. Dr. Doom

Well that sucks about Nature Power. Togekiss is going to be interesting, since it gained 2 more weaknesses with its Fairy typing but it's now completely immune to both of Flygon's STABs.

A lot of people were talking about Xerneas before X and Y, and it's easy to see why. A total immunity to one of the tier's most commonly used attack types is a damn good USP. I think Yveltal could have a lot of potential too, for its ability to check the common Psychic types as well as the Ghost types like Giratina(O) and Ghost Arceus. Some sets I thought of:

Roost + 3 Attacks

Yveltal @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
    EV: 4 Def, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Oblivion Wing
    Hurricane
    Focus Blast
    Roost

Showcasing Yveltal's speed, power and bulk in one set. Oblivion Wing is the main STAB - Dark Aura makes up for its middling power. Hurricane is the STAB for power, and gets great neutral coverage in Ubers in general. Focus Blast takes out most Tyranitar. The combination of Hurricane, Oblivion Wing and Focus Blast is unresisted in Ubers. Roost keeps Yveltal alive longer, and temporarily relieves it of its weaknesses to Ice, Electric and Rock moves. EVs maximise speed and special attack.

Physically Based Mix
    Yveltal @ Flying Gem
    Nature: Hasty (+Spd -Def)
    EV: 252 Atk, 32 SAtk, 220 Spd
    Acrobatics
    Sucker Punch
    Focus Blast
    Oblivion Wing/Roost

Like Xerneas, Yveltal has equal attack stats so why not try a mixed set? This one in particular excels in destroying special walls. Acrobatics is the main STAB - with Flying Gem you'll get one 165 power Acrobatics. Sucker Punch is the secondary STAB which is great for picking off weakened Pokémon. Focus Blast mauls Tyranitar and defensive Dialga. Oblivion Wing can be used as a reliable Dark STAB; alternatively Roost keeps Yveltal alive longer. EVs allow Yveltal to outrun max speed Rayquaza. Attack is maximised to hit as hard as possible, with the rest in special attack to juice up the special moves.

Specially based mix
    Yveltal @ Life Orb
    Hasty Nature (+Spd -Def)
    EV: 32 Atk, 252 SAtk, 220 Spd
    Hurricane
    Oblivion Wing
    Focus Blast
    Sucker Punch

Another take on mixed Yveltal. Hurricane is the STAB for power, although it needs Rain to be at its best. Oblivion Wing is the reliable STAB, and wrecks Ghost and Psychic types. Focus Blast mauls the few Pokémon that aren't troubled by Yveltal's STABs, like defensive Dialga and Tyranitar. Sucker Punch finishes off weakened Pokémon. The EVs maximise special attack to hit as hard as it can on that side. 220 Speed EVs let Yveltal outrun max speed Rayquaza. The rest is put in Attack to juice up Sucker Punch.

Stallbreaker
    Yveltal @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
    EV: 252 HP, 172 Def, 84 Spd
    Taunt
    Toxic
    Roost/Substitute
    Oblivion Wing

Designed to cripple walls and defensive Pokémon. Taunt forces them to use their often weak attacks, while Toxic puts a timer on their lifespan. Oblivion Wing is the sole attack - since nothing is immune, Yveltal doesn't need to run 2 attacks. Roost is recommended to keep Yveltal alive longer, although since Oblivion Wing heals Yveltal you could get away with running Substitute instead. 84 Speed EVs let Yveltal outrun max speed base 90s with a neutral nature. 252 HP EVs maximise its overall bulk, with the leftovers being placed in Defence for extra physical bulk.

Thanks everyone for your contributions, it's really interesting to see people's ideas.

16. Olivine

Olivine Member

Trevenant (M) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Harvest
    EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SDef
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Phantom Force
    - Power-Up Punch

Before you completely disregard this, the set has the potential to be ridicolously annoying.

17. Angel Flonne

Angel Flonne macaron

PO Trainer Name:
    Angel Flonne
    Okay so I have an extremely gimmick set for Trevenant (which is kind of a mix between SubSeed and ChestoRest)

Trevenant (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Harvest
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect
    - Curse / WoW(If specially defensive)
    - Rest
    Like, there was this game where it was Trevenant vs Heliolisk, Carbink and Malamar. Trevenant made an awesome comeback. But anyway, this set is fully defensive, I wasn't sure whether to go specially defensive, defensive or mixed, but I went with defensive. Curse goes through subs and deals 25% and should only be used on the (obvious) switch. After which, you can protect to successfully rip off half of their health (lol SR). If you're really desperate, you can go for the double protect. Usually I go for Rest to heal up and possibly gain back the Lum, then Leech Seed back health. This thing is pretty good against stall, but not so good with Volt-Turn. You can try, instead of Lum Berry, Sitrus, and instead of Rest, an attacking move. It's up to you.

18. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Vivillon (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Compoundeyes
    - Sleep Powder
    - U-turn
    - Hurricane
    - Bug Buzz

This poke is a monster. Outspeeding basically all of the lead hazard setters with a scarf and sleeping them, having compound eyes + hurricane, and scarf u-turn are its main merits. The Stealth Rock weakness isn't the best, but I live with it (I'm currently using a spinner, so it works and the fact that it can sleep lead stealth rockers is obviously big.)

I've used it for maybe 5 battles, but it has put up results as a revenge killer, sweeper, and momentum grabber in each and every one of those battles

19. Noog

Noog So much potential...

Clawitzer @Expert Belt / Life Orb
    Trait: Mega Launcher
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    IVs: 0 Spd
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Water Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Sludge Wave

Use under Trick Room. Clawitzer might be very strong with 120 base SAtk and that Mega Launcher ability, but it's ridiculously slow. Anyway, it gets pretty good coverage. Water Pulse gets 90 power from Mega Launcher (before STAB), effectively making it a Surf with a confuse chance. Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere go to 120 power, and provide decent neutral coverage on pretty powerful moves. I'm not sure what exactly gets boosted by Mega Launcher; Bomb, Ball, Beam, Cannon and Blast moves specifically. Sludge Wave covers most anything the rest of the moves do not; Grass and Fairy, specifically. Expert Belt works pretty well with the amount of SE attacks this thing'll get off, and can bluff a Choice item. Life Orb also works, though the recoil might prove problematic.

20. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

Charizard (F) @ Charizardite Y
    - Fire Blast
    - Air Slash
    - Roost
    - Solar Beam

I see Mega-Charizard Y having a huge presence in OU because of its monstrous Special Attack and the ability Drought. It also has decent speed. Fire Blast is its main move for a big STAB attack as well as getting the boost from the Sunlight. Solar Beam is used to hit the water types that get in its way. Air Slash can be used just for extra coverage and another STAB. Roost is just a filler move, not that useful as it will probably never have a time to use it. As it along with regular Charizard, Stealth Rock is going to be a pain for this mon, so proper team support is necessary.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  21. NidoTheKing

NidoTheKing Father of the Year 2014!

PO Trainer Name:
    NidoTheKing78

Hidden Power Ground for Heatran.

I haven't done crazy testing, but I have used this in my Gen 6 Team:

Galvantula (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Compoundeyes
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spd
    - Thunder
    - Sticky Web
    - Bug Buzz
    - Giga Drain

Not only can this beat most incoming spinners on the get-go (EXCLUDING the new Defog mechanic for now), but it has enough speed to set up Sticky Web and help the team. Thunder and Bug Buzz are obvious, while Giga Drain adds coverage and useless recovery (although it did help me once before..)

22. Poli

Poli Member

Focus Blast hurts Heatran and Tyranitar

I used that set for Galvantula but with HP Ice and then Twave over Giga Drain since it's a bit useless, right now I'm testing Volt Switch

I hope there will be a decent IVs spread for HP Ice

23. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Personally, I don't think Galvantula will be anything special in OU, no matter how much help game freak gives it. It has incredibly low survivability and fails to break through the tier's most prominent special walls.

In addition, although the Focus Sash + Sticky Web set looks interesting in theory, I don't see it being great in practice (Pokemon like Acceglor and Scolipede, for example, have never been remotely relevant in BW OU.) Regardless, never hurts to try it out, I might be wrong.

Also, regarding what Poli said, Volt Switch on Sash Galvantula isn't that great of an idea. It is vulnerable to every type of residual damage known to man and isn't going to be giving free-switches after tanking a hit to any Pokemon on your team as it outspeeds most threats and will be taken out quickly.
    Thunder Wave also looks kind of out of place. Galvantula already has a limited amount of turns before it will surely get killed or threatened out. Wasting a turn on Thunder wave when the purpose of the set already involves setting up Sticky Web is redundant and wasteful. (Plus, Giga drain hits ground types.)

24. NidoTheKing

PO Trainer Name:
    NidoTheKing78
    It's not supposed to break walls. It's supposed to set up Sticky Web and that's it, a lot like Accelgor lead with Spikes. The other moves are there so it can do some damage before it falls (and Thunder's paralysis rate saved my ass countless times).

There are only three users of Sticky Web as of this time: Galvantula, Smeargle, and Ariados. Ariados is out of the question and Smeargle is much slower and honestly less reliable than Galvantula, who can beat most immediate spinners AND Defogers one-on-one; all Smeargle can do is Spore and run.

Sticky Web negates most Choice Scarfers and makes it so you don't have to rely on mostly Speed. I run Modest Greninja because of it and that scores many key KOs.

Galvantula's purpose is to support an entire team with one move, not destroy an entire team like Thundurus.

25. diafeliz

diafeliz New Member

I'm going to test Scolipede with Speed Boost as a physical sweeper.
    A Baton Pass set should work well too.

Scolipede (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Protect
    - Megahorn
    - Rock Slide

Megahorn for Psychic, Rock Slide deals with all his other weaknesses.
    I'm starting with 160 EVs on Spd and 96 on HP, and will add more speed if necessary.

26. DelanHaar6

DelanHaar6 Member

I'm really loving Zygarde right now. 108/121/95 defenses are fantastic for giving this thing opportunities to set up Dragon Dances, and 95 base speed means I can run an Adamant nature and still outspeed D-nite and Gyara (which helps with its somewhat mediocre base 100 atk). Speaking of D-nite, you can draw a lot of comparisons between it and DD Zygarde, which isn't bad. What Zygarde lacks in Multiscale and a ground immunity, it boasts in bulk, STAB EQ, an electric immunity, and the ability to not care about SR.

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Aura Break
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Extreme Speed
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

I've messed around with some other sets (such as a specially defensive phazer running coil/d-tail/rest/sleep talk), but this is the variant I've had the most success with.

Oh, and Hawlucha, I like Encore as a fourth move. Switch in on SR or king's shield or something and create your setup opportunity.

27. .Rawr!

.Rawr! c(°3°)כ

PO Trainer Name:
    Day Healer
    Dragalge is confirmed to have adaptability, so changing the set: (btw Draco meteor dragalge hits harder than draco meteor latios, ftw!)

Dragalge (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball/ Dragon Pulse

Draco Meteor hits everything like a nuke except fairy and steel pokes, Sludge Bomb hit fairies, Focus Blast hit steels (even Mawile, Klefki and Skarmory are hit hard, if not specially defensive). The last move is between Shadow Ball to hit Aegislash and Steel/Psychic mons, or Dragon Pulse for a no-drawback dragon move.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  28. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Badged Deucer

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Torrent
    - U-turn
    - Taunt
    - Night Slash
    - Waterfall
    I'm enjoying using a full physical greninja set as a lead. It shuts down certain phantump sets on occasion late-game too. U-turn is very beneficial, and its high speed is awesome. This set could do with some tuning, but I feel having full physical rather than mixed with U-turn is a better lead, whilst it's too frail to really be setting up spikes. Rather, it should be an anti-lead, and momentum-grabber. Obviously klefki can still pull off a layer of spikes or whatever, but that's not devastating.

29. MUMU

MUMU Just a random Haxer nOOb

Surprised no one posted Aegislash sets yet anyway,that,and 2 sets I made for xerneas and dragonite,Noivern is standard life orb attacker .

Aegislash (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Stance Change
    EVs: 248 HP / 224 Atk / 4 SDef / 32 Spd
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Swords Dance
    - King's Shield
    - Sacred Sword

Usually swords dance sweeper with shadow sneak in late game,can check a lot of common physical sweepers mid game,sacred sword for bulky steels mostly.

A mixed set is also possible as lure ,Like this
    Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SAtk
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Sacred Sword
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Swords Dance

A lonely nature with 8 speed ev is possible though it will miss out on ohko on 252/0 gliscor.

Finally,Automize with Weakness policy can work as one time mixed sweeper with coverage.

Aegislash (M) @ Weakness Policy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Autotomize
    - Sacred Sword
    - Shadow Claw
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolly is used because the spa loss is not of concern since+2 hp ice ohko both gliscor and landorus T anyway

Noivern (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Infiltrator
    - Boomburst
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower
    - Hurricane

Standard 4 attack set ,U turn can be used over boomburst with +Speed -SDf neature

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Rush
    - Fire Punch
    - Iron Head

This Dragonite is designed as fairy lure and ohko them with iron head after a boost,fire for steels and is a decent sweeper itself,Dragon claw can be used over dragon rush if someone is particularly wary about missing.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Trait: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 44 HP / 232 SAtk / 232 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Geomancy
    - Substitute
    - Thunder
    - Moonblast

Substitute of 101 hp lets if potentially even beat pink blobs,and can set up on most pokemon 's support sets. The coverage provided cover everything common in ubers outside of ferrothorn.

Azumarill (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Aqua Tail
    - Focus Punch
    - Play Rough

Standard 5th gen subpunch Azumarill with Play Rough over Ice punch,since STAB eases prediction a lot more.

Gengar (F) @ Gengarite
    Trait: Levitate
    - Destiny Bond
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Focus Blast

Trapper/Offensive Spinblocker,mega form let it trap spinners and fairies,though beware it loses levitate.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  30. Noog

Noog So much potential...

Dragon Rush honestly isn't worth the acc decrease (75, ouch) for 20 additional power. It's a worse tradeoff than Fire Blast and Hydro Pump.

31. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

So I've come to really like Mega Absol, in a sense it is the ultimate mindgame Pokémon, because it gives you few choices and it has all the ways to exploit them, I think under the hands of an experienced player Mega Absol is a really fun 'mon to watch and play.

Absol (M) @ Absolite
    Trait: Justified / Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Sucker Punch
    - Play Rough
    - Snatch
    - Night Slash/Pursuit/Substitue/Ice Beam/Swords Dance

Basically with Mega Absol, unless you know exactly what moves it has it's basically a guessing game. Magic Bounce protects Absol from any status move directed at it, while attacking is a risk because at the same time they're facing down the strongest priority move in the game backed up by STAB and 150 base Attack. If they try to boost up or try to ease prediction with a Substitute (Screw Gengar), that's where Snatch comes in, Snatching a Substitute or a boosting move is huge, especially a Substitute as it makes the mindgames very one-sided. Dark/Fairy coverage has almost perfect coverage aside from Klefki and Mega Mawile, so Absol has amazing coverage in just two moves (One of which is a STAB, and the most powerful priority move in the game).

The last moveslot can be anything your team needs, I like having Night Slash because it lets me have something else to rely on other than Sucker Punch, and with Mega Absol's 115 base Speed it's perfectly viable if you don't want to risk an overprediction. Pursuit gives Absol an answer to opponents who want to take the easy way out; there is no easy way out. Subbing up yourself is nice, it wears you down quite a bit but the option is still there. Ice Beam is great against Gliscor and Garchomp (Other Dragon/Flying types too) and is plenty powerful with Absol's 115 base SAtk, this can be substituted for Thunderbolt to nail Gyarados and the like or Fire Blast if you really don't like Steel-types (Although Steel no longer resists Dark now).

Special mention goes to Me First, donking Lucario with its own CC is stupidly satisfying.

All in all, a really fun 'mon that I think can make a decent impact in the meta.

32. Dr. Doom

A few older Pokémon have been retconned to be Fairy types. One of them is Clefable, who I think could be one of the key surprises in the lower tiers (LU/UU). It now has pure Fairy typing, and additionally it now has better special attack (base 95 now). Some sets I thought of:

Specially Defensive
    Clefable @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Guard
    Nature: Calm (+SDef -Atk)
    EV: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SDef
    Wish
    Moonlight/Protect
    Heal Bell/Toxic
    Moonblast

Pretty much the same support set it ran in Gen 5, albeit with Moonblast instead of S-Toss. Moonlight can be used for instant recovery (ATM you can't get Softboiled), while Protect guarantees Wish will activate. Heal Bell cures the whole team of status; Toxic cripples a non-Poison or Steel type wall. Go with Protect if you used Toxic for better stalling. Moonblast is there in case you get Taunted. EVs maximise HP and Special Defence.

Tank
    Clefable @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    Modest Nature (+SAtk -Atk)
    EV: 252 HP, 252 SAtk, 4 SDef
    Moonblast
    Fire Blast
    Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Focus Blast
    Moonlight

The buff to Clefable's special attack means this set can 2HKO most of the tier with Stealth Rock up. Moonblast gets STAB and wrecks Dark, Fighting and Dragon types. Fire Blast OHKOs Tangrowth and most of LU's Steel types on the switch. Thunderbolt OHKOs Qwilfish; Ice Beam takes out Sandslash; Grass Knot gets rid of Quagsire; Focus Blast hits Aggron and Bisharp harder. Moonlight keeps Clefable alive longer. EVs maximise overall bulk and power.

Calm Mind
    Clefable @ Life Orb
    Modest nature (+SAtk -Atk)
    EV: 252 HP, 252 SAtk, 4 SDef
    Calm Mind
    Moonblast
    Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Ground
    Moonlight

Like its old set but with more power, better typing and a powerful STAB. Moonblast is again the STAB move, and after a boost or 2 will maim anything not resisting it. Thunderbolt gets good coverage with Moonblast, with the combination being resisted only by Steelix. Despite its nerf, Hidden Power Ground is still viable to donk Aggron and Entei. Moonlight keeps Clefable alive longer and helps it bag more boosts. EVs maximise bulk and power, with the remains in Special Defence for better bulk with Calm Mind.

Incidentally, does anyone have a member of the Clefable line? I really want to try one in my X, but I haven't seen one so I can't ask for one on the GTS. Or a Friend Safari where I can catch my own (my FC's in the signature)? In return I offer a Careful nature Snorlax which can be EVd to your liking, a Bulbasaur with its Megastone or a Bagon with Dragon Dance.

33. Disaster Area

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    It also gets unaware which is also worth abusing on occasion ;)

34. NidoTheKing

PO Trainer Name:
    NidoTheKing78
    Going to test it real soon but I might as well post the feared Autotomize Weakness Policy Lure Aegislash, also known as "Autopilot."

Autopilot
    Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
    Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    EVs: 56 Hp / 252 Atk / 96 SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 100 Spd
    - Automize
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sacred Sword
    - Iron Head/Shadow Claw/Shadow Sneak

This set is designed as a lure for common counters to come in and attempt to hit it with a Super effective move. Little do they know that they will give it a theoretical Shell Smash with a +2 in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. After that, you proceed to wipe out every bit of your opponent's existance. Shadow Ball makes dedicated physical walls that think they can survive this fiend cry with rage. Sacred Sword is the best possible coverage move for Aegislash to use and the other slot is just a filler. Iron Head for more coverage, Shadow Claw to replace Shadow Ball physically, or Shadow Sneak if you are mortified about priority.

I'll explain the crazy EV spread you see above. 56 Hp EVs ensures that a Landorus-T's uninvested Earthquake can never OHKO without prior damage. 100 Speed allows it to outpace all Base 115 Pokemon after Autotomize. 96 Special Attack is just enough to OHKO Naive Landorus-T, Standard Gliscor, and Skarmory with Shadow Ball. However, it cannot OHKO Hippowdon. 252 Attack maximized its mixed sweeping capabilities while 4 SpDef EVs makes sure Genesect doesn't get a SpAtk gain.

I currently don't know what speed tier is considered important to outrun this generation and I could always lower the Attack if need be.

35. Dr. Doom

Unaware's a good ability but Magic Guard is so much better. The only time I can really see Unaware being useful is if Clefable is dragged into a Calm Mind war. Or maybe on a kind of utility counter set. Eh who knows.

Anywho, now I'm going to talk about Heatran. It's been a major player in OU since it arrived, and now it got a big boost. It picked up ANOTHER X4 resistance (seriously, how many do you need?) and it now has a reason to use its Steel STAB. While Fire Blast, Overheat and Flamethrower are now slightly weaker, I still don't see it leaving OU anytime soon.

Rock on!
    Heatran @ Life Orb/Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
    EV: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Stealth Rock
    Fire Blast
    Flash Cannon
    Earth Power

Slight change on its current Stealth Rock set. Stealth Rock helps the team. Fire Blast is the main STAB for power - despite its nerf, it still hits pretty damn hard. Flash Cannon is the reliable STAB - Earth Power gets coverage on opposing Fire types.

Do your worst, Fairies!
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature (+SDef -Atk)
    EV: 248 HP, 8 SAtk, 252 SDef
    Toxic
    Lava Plume
    Protect
    Taunt/Substitute/Stealth Rock/Flash Cannon

Another classic set. Pretty much the same as last time, although this time Flash Cannon can be used to counter Slyveon. EVs give it a leftovers number and maximise its overall special bulk.

The Choice is yours
    Heatran @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
    Modest Nature (+SAtk -Atk)/Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
    Overheat
    Flash Cannon
    Earth Power
    Dragon Pulse

Either a revenge killer or wallbreaker. Overheat gives Heatran a really powerful attack, and in Sun 2HKOs pretty much anything not resisting it. Flash Cannon is a more reliable STAB, and 2HKOs Tyranitar, Kyurem-B and OHKOs Slyveon. Earth Power gets some extra coverage, most notably on opposing Heatran. Dragon Pulse is mostly used for dealing with Dragon types, although it's mostly filler TBH. EVs are self explanatory - if you're running Specs use Modest, Scarf use Timid.

Fun in the Sun
    Heatran @ Heat Rock
    Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
    Sunny Day
    Fire Blast
    Solarbeam
    Earth Power

With the nerf to Drought, a backup weather inducer could be a good idea. Sunny Day removes Heatran's water weakness and gives Heatran's Fire STAB immense power - Fire Blast hits for 247 power in Sun. Solarbeam takes out the Rock and Water types that resist Fire Blast - in sun, most bulky Water types can't touch Heatran. Earth Power is for opposing Heatran. Heat Rock gives Heatran's team 10 turns of Sun.

36. Disaster Area

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    I'd Go HP Ice over Dragon Pulse on choice set (and personally prefer flamethrower but that's a different thing altogether) since that hits more; sure you lose out on some neutral coverage, but it also hits Gliscor, Lando-I/T, and probably some other stuff super-effectively. Oh, and gives dugtrio's a beating at least if they switch in and you're scarfed.

37. Liarliarpantsonfire

Liarliarpantsonfire Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Liarliarpantsonfire
    [​IMG]
    Charizard @ Charizardite Y
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Fire Blast
    - Solar Beam
    - Flame Charge
    - Focus Blast

I've always kinda liked Charizard, and since it got TWO Mega Evolutions this generation I had to try it out. This is a pretty standard Charizard Y set. It makes the best use of the Drought ability it gets in Mega Form, as Fire Blast becomes insanely powerful with 247,5 base power after STAB and the Sun boost, and you have Solarbeam to hit Rock and Water types. Focus Blast is mainly for Heatran and Tyranitar. Offensive Heatran variants are OHKO'd after SR while defensive variants are 2HKO'd, while Tyranitar is always OHKO'd barring Assault Vest/defensive Mega Tyranitar.

Charizard is so much better than Ninetales because even against T-tar and Politoed you can Mega Evolve and still get your weather up. It also has much more sweeping potential with Flame Charge, as not even most Scarfers will be able to stop you. Just watch out for Dragon-types because they wall you (on that note don't use Dragon Pulse, it doesn't get the necessary KO's because too weak). Just pair this sweeper up with a Fairy type or something. Also don't use this set to set up Sun for Venusaur expecting it to work because it won't. Venusaur is still good, but you need some kind of Heat Rock support because the five turns from Charizard Y are not enough to set up a sweep.

38. Marche Radiuju

Marche Radiuju crush it casually

PO Trainer Name:
    Juggler
    Klefki (M) @ Light Clay
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Thunder Wave
    - Foul Play

Nice team support, and really nice with all the Hawlucha/Talonflame/Aegislash around trying to get boosts. I give it fair chances against the average Talonflame even with STAB super-effective Flare Blitz. EVs aren't optimized but I haven't seen enough stability to bother really.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  39. Dr. Doom

A set I've been using lately:

Medicham @ Medichamite (I think)
    Nature: Jolly
    Trait: Pure Power
    EV: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    High Jump Kick
    Zen Headbutt
    Bullet Punch
    Ice Punch/Fake Out

Standard wallbreaker, now with much more power.

40. Pokemonistan

Pokemonistan Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Pokemonistan
    Stored Power + Unaware + LO + Wish/Protect-Softboiled + Cosmic Power -> Clefable (I'm on Android so I can't post the EV's and stuff)

^It's a killer. I hate to admit it but Unaware is just too good. It's next to impossible to kill. Most people start setting up on clefable hoping for it to be a wish passing set. It really works against such people. Protect helps crippling Hitmonlee's Hi Jump Kick.