1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Requirements for YouTube Badge

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel' started by Tyki, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    What do you guys think?

I personally am thinking about making it more strict, say an active Narrator/Editor with at least 5 battles done. Other contributors should be discussed

2. Beast

Beast I do what I want

Being the only person to attempt to subtitle anything on the new pad. :D

As leader you get to decide. If you think they deserve the badge give it to them. They obviously have to earn it. If you are going to do this then you should also say how much you have to do to get Alums as well.

5 Battles of editing seems fair. I think 10 is more fair for Narrating. Narrating is a lot easier than editing in my opinion.

3. Orcelot

Orcelot AKA Angelus

This makes no sense to me.

What happens if someone does the set amount then goes inactive? Do they still deserve the badge? If someone is actively contributing then they should get the badge, it's really that simple. I understand giving it some time after hiring someone and not giving them the badge untill they've actually started doing something but adding silly 'must narrate/edit x amount of battles' requirements is the wrong way to go.

4. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

To be honest I'd just be looking at who's actively contributing, and then you give them the badge on a case-by-case analysis. If they go inactive, the badge can be removed or alumnus'd like fitzy/archerknight do what team rater badges now.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  5. Beast

Beast I do what I want

I was under the understanding that this wasn't going to be told to everyone wanting the badge but was rather a way to discuss what could get someone the badge. Case by Case is good and all but having at least a base of what is required for the badge is not a bad thing. It allows you to look for whom actually deserves the badge.

I know for Mafia at least I have a base to go off of when deciding if someone is even in the running for MA/QC.

If someone does 5 battles and then goes in active then they can have the badge for a little bit and have it taken away later. Having badges taken away happens all the time.

EDIT: Zoro, you are not a charizard so stop being a poser with your profile pic. :(

6. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    The problem with the youtube channel isn't the requirements for the badge, is the lack of work getting done. This thread itself isn't going to solve anything.

You should focus on dealing with the real weakness instead of the aesthetic stuff.

You want people to contribute? Then give them something to contribute.
    Are there too many inactive people? Get rid of them and find people who are actually willing to do stuff.
    Do the youtube forums and channel don't receive enough attention? Then find ways to make it more popular, like advertising.

Discussing about something as silly as badges is the last thing you should be doing. Shit stopped getting done as soon as Eternal stopped submmitting videos over a month ago, and the only attempt to actually improve things was made by Elements on the 12th of September.