1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[XY Ubers] My last,but the best Team

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Sandglass, Nov 17, 2013.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Sandglass

Sandglass Member

Hello guys I'm Sandglass.:smile:
    I decided to quit Pokemon Online.There are a lot of reasons why I quit this lovely game.Mainly I gotta study hard and etc..
    This will be my last RMT&my last team in Pokemon Online.Anyway,I built this team MYSELF since X/Y came out,and have been testing a lot lot.
    I rarely lost with this team(96//2) but I always ladder with 5 or more accounts so I haven't peak some good score.:tongue:
    Team is pretty solid.Let's look the team at a glance:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Well,now,let me introduce about my team members.

~BREAKIN THE WALLS~
    [​IMG]
    Kyogre @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 96 HP / 252 SAtk / 160 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Water Spout
    - Thunder
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

=> Specs Kyogre has always been my favorite Pokemon in Ubers.It's the best wall-breaker Pokemon.
    Its stab water moves have enormous power(Water Spout at full HP 2HKOs Chansey/Blissey after Stealth Rock).
    In gen 6,Drizzle only lasts for 5 turns,but well I think it's not a big problem since Kyogre doesn't stay long(it just kills 1 pokemon and come back).
    You might predict a bit when you're facing Palkia-Groudon core,the best way is Ice Beam or switching with Dialga.
    As I said,rain/sun/sandstorm/hail are short.So we don't need to suffer from weather wars now.It's not a necessary.

~KEEP HITTING AND RUNNIN~
    [​IMG]
    Genesect @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Explosion
    - Sleep Talk

=>Scarfed Genesect is the best scout Pokemon I suppose.
    Its ability Download boosts its Attack sometimes(when your opponent's S.Def is higher than Def)
    With U-turn,I'm able to do two things in a row:damaging opponent,switching with another Pokemon.
    Iron Head damages Arceus-Ghost,Xerneas pretty well with 1 Download.
    I'm using Sleep Talk instead of Ice Beam(for Rayquazas) because I don't see Rayquaza anymore and Sleep Talk does help against Darkrais.
    The way I check Dakrai easily:U-turn into Dialga(Lum) and switch with Genesect,Sleep Talk.
    I use Explosion when Genesect become useless in a battle,or when someone tries to check Genesect with Ho-Oh.

~NOBODY IS ABLE TO STOP~
    [​IMG]
    Arceus (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    - Extreme Speed
    - Shadow Force
    - Brick Break
    - Swords Dance

=>Physical Arceus wasn't too good in 5th Gen because Ghost typed moves are resisted by Steels.Also,Arceus got 2 useful stab physical moves,
    they are Shadow Claw/Shadow Force.But,Shadow Force needed 2 turns for 1 shot so it was too easy to counter,and Shadow Claw only had 70 power so it was
    worse than Normal Extremekiller.
    Well,in Gen 6,Arceus is upgraded because now,Ghost moves aren't get resisted by Steel types.That is,Ferrothorn/Dialga can't tank this powerful Shadow Force anymore.Shadow Force has more power(180) than super-effective Brick Break(150),resisted Shadow Force(90) has more power than Extreme Speed(80).By using Shadow Force,you are able to win against Dittos because only slower pokemon hit Shadow Force.
    I think not many Pokemons are able to stop this monster after the SD,uhh well..Chansey/Giratina core can be a problem I guess.
    You need to predict hard when you see Ghost+Normal types.When you see Giratina,just kill it immediately with Dialga/Kyogre.Xerneas also works well as Dragon Killer.
    Also,you need to beware of SPEED TIEs with other Arceus.You can get revenge-killed anytime.Don't Swords Dance when you're facing Kyogre/Groudon.

~MONSTER WITH SPEEDY SET-UP~
    [​IMG]
    Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Trait: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt

=>Xerneas is the one out of three Legendary Pokemons in Gen 6(Xerneas,Yveltal,Zygarde).I'm not sure if Yveltal or Zygarde is strong,but Xerneas is a true monster.
    Its unique move,Geomancy,ranks up S.Atk/S.Def/Spd in 2 ranks after 1 turn charge.Well,if we only use this move,its effect is just same with Quiver Dance.
    But there's an item called "Power Herb",which makes Xerneas as a true monster.With this item,I'm able to use Geomancy in 1 turn.Which means,Nasty Plot+Amnesia+Agillity in 1 turn!o.O
    Well..anyways.Fairy typed moves are resisted by Fire,Steel,Poison typed Pokemons.Since we got Focus Blast,I don't care about steel resisting but Fire,Poison can be a troublesome.Physical Arceus-Poison(Poison) is a solid check for Xerneas.But well,since Physical Poisonceus is nearly useless,Ho-Oh(Fire/Flying) would be a better check than Poisonceus for Xerneas because its Sacred Fire/Brave Bird does 60-75% damage to Xerneas(if I recall correctly).
    So I added Thunderbolt instead of Physhock(for Poisonceus).Moonblast has 95 base power,which is strong(it kills Mewtwo-Y,Groudon and etc a lot of Pokemons in an OHKO range).You need to be careful when you see Ditto,don't set up until Ditto die.

~THE SCARIEST OF ALL~
    [​IMG]
    Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP
    Serious Nature
    - Transform

=>Well,Ditto is kinda a MVP in this team.His ability is really exciting,it's called Imposter.
    Ditto copies opponent's pokemon when it comes on field.Scary thing is,it copies stat changes,too!
    Nowadays,Extreme Killer and Power Herb Xerneas are popular.Ditto copies stat changes(such as Swords Dance,Geomancy etc) when the pokemon sets up,
    and when it's holding Choice Scarf,it outspeeds set upped Pokemon and revenge-kill it!o.O
    I usually use this kind of combo when I face Arceus-Normal(SD):Damage it first,let it SD->take Extreme Speed with Arceus-Ghost->take Shadow Claw/Force with Ditto.This gives me a free-Arceus with 1 SD.:biggrin:
    I just warn you not to waste it at first,use Ditto as a revenge killer.If you let Ditto die at first,idk,you will get swept by Xerneas/Extremekillers.

~TANKY&POWERFUL DRAGON~
    [​IMG]
    Dialga @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 224 HP / 16 SAtk / 252 SDef / 16 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Flash Cannon
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Stealth Rock

=>I really love Dialga.It's the most balanced Pokemon of all,I suppose.
    By using Stealth Rock,I'm able to kill Ho-Oh with +2 Thunderbolt with Xerneas(also,Arceus' Shadow Force).Unfortunately I got no proper Taunt user in the team
    so Defog is dangerous.I usually don't let it live or just set up when they defog.Popular Defog users these days are:Giratina-A/O,Lugia,Arceus(mostly Rock,Fairy).
    And when you face Forretress as a lead,don't use Flamethrower first(they usually have Custap Berry,using Flamethrower means allowing Forretress to set 2 layers of entry hazard).Try to 2HKO it with Flash Cannon :tongue:
    Lum Berry is for Darkrais/Smeargles.Nothing much to say,just don't choke with it.

Here is the importable version:
    Kyogre @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 96 HP / 252 SAtk / 160 Spd
    - Water Spout
    - Thunder
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Explosion
    - Sleep Talk

Arceus (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    - Extreme Speed
    - Shadow Force
    - Brick Break
    - Swords Dance

Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Trait: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP
    Serious Nature
    - Transform

Dialga @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 224 HP / 16 SAtk / 252 SDef / 16 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Flash Cannon
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Stealth Rock[/HIDE]

-----------------------------------------------------------

I've really enjoyed playing Pokemon Online.It's really sad to quit this game,but yeah life is calling me.
    I learned a lot of things from this game.How to calm down from hax,English,etc lol.
    Special thanks to every players who have talked with me.Especially Leon,SBL members,Sheetanshu,Lilligant,Ramiel...
    Remind me when you are using this team :P Thank you all!!

2. phucvn

phucvn Cheap player

PO Trainer Name:
    phucvn
    Hi man nice team. I'm no expect in Ubers but i think u used your xerny to the best there.
    Just some small nitpicks: give ditto HP ice and 255 Happiness so that he can copy Returns and HP Ices too. Sure it's super situatuational but hey, so is ditto.

3. Sandglass

Sandglass Member

That's as useless as Physical Ice Arceus,but yeah..I once saw Return banded ceus on the ladder.
    255 Happiness can be helpful.Thanks~

4. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

All that speed on Xerneas is unnecessary. You should run 148 HP, 252 SAtk, 108 Spd with a Modest nature - then you can outrun Scarf Terrakion at +2 and have more power and bulk. If you're a speed freak, you could bump it up to 232 Speed EVs (again with Modest nature) to outrun Scarf Shaymin-S, although that's very rare.

Otherwise looks like a very solid team, well done.

5. Replaced

Replaced Who goes there?

PO Trainer Name:
    Replaced
    You don't need timid on xerneas just use modest. Modest on Dialga with 16 SAtk EVs isn't very impressive so either give it 88 SAtk EVs or change nature to Calm. Extreme Speed on Ghostceus is not very good, i'd recommend you to run either Recover/Shadow Claw > Extreme Speed. Because otherwise EKA+Gira will laugh at you.

Other than that cool team. It is sad that you are leaving :<

6. Sandglass

Sandglass Member

Thanks for the rate.I'm using Timid one for one reason:Taunting Yveltal.But I rarely saw Taunting one on the ladder so yeah..that EV spread might help.
    Sad thing is,I already uninstalled PO so I can't edit it again :C I will try Modest Xerneas when I come to PO next time.Thanks again.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  7. Sandglass

Sandglass Member

Well,that Dialga set is originally from Edgar's RMT.I was searching for a good Lum Berry Dialga set,and that was the one.
    I don't think that set is bad..Dialga has enough power I guess.
    And without Extreme Speed,I will get counter killed by Scarf Kyogres,Mewtwos etc.I know Extreme Speed doesn't kill both in OHKO range but still,it's pretty useful in some situations.I kill Giratina before I sweep with Arceus-Ghost though.I will just try modest Xerneas.Thanks for the rate!

8. Ramiel

Ramiel On our backs. In our hearts.

PO Trainer Name:
    Gurren Lagann
    lol Sandglass

가시다니 슬프네요 :(
    나중에 다시 시간나시면 들리세요. 언제나 환영입니다 :)
    ㅋㅋㅋ 그리고 이팀 래더에서 잘써먹겠습니다 :p

Now on to the rate.
    Try giving some more speed EVs for Kyogre maybe?
    194 outpaces Adamant Rays Iirc.
    The remainder could be put to Defense to tank Extremespeeds better, but it's a minor change so...

Changing the Genesect speed EVs to 224 allows you to use Uturn as the latter user(or at least speed tie), allowing you to maintain momentum. The rest can be applied to HP or Defense :)

Not much else to nitpick, a good team as usual.

9. Sandglass

Sandglass Member

공부 열심히 해서 좋은 대학 간다음에 꼭 다시 올게요!!!그때까지 기다려주세요 ㅋㅋ
    막 저 돌아오면 어드민 되있고 그런거 아닐지 ㅋㅋ

I really don't see Rayquazas anymore because of Xerneas.96 HP doesn't get OHKOed after 1 SR so I'll keep the EVs.
    And 224 Speed thing..I can't really get what does that mean but sure,I'll change it.
    Thanks for the rate friend~

10. Fixed

Fixed Active Member

And you have another great team :). The synergy looks great, so I'm just gonna comment on some minor things:

- I suggest 252 speed EVs on Kyogre. In that case you will outspeed nearly every Xerneas to prevent it from setting up. It will allow you to use Ditto more aggressively, as Xerneas cannot set up on anything but Dialga. You will also speed tie with other positive natured base 90s, which is always helpful. You will no longer be able to tank Extremespeed Arceus as well with the reduced bulk, but with Ditto and Explosion Genesect it's not a very big threat to your team.

- You shouldn't use Thunderbolt on Xerneas. The only Pokemon that it hits harder than Moonblast is Ho-Oh, and Psyshock, Thunder and Hidden Power Rock all do the same and more.

- Xerneas doesn't need much speed. I would use a Modest nature with either 52 EVs to outspeed scarfed Garchomp, Palkia and Genesect, or 104 EVs to outspeed scarfed Terrakion. The 10% damage boost makes a big difference in getting OHKOs against Pokemon such as Kyogre and Arceus. You will also improve your bulk a lot, which makes setting up easier and helps against priority revenge killers. Putting the remaining EVs in either HP or Defense will do.

11. -Leon-

-Leon- bae <3

PO Trainer Name:
    -Leon-
    Yo,ybss,been a long time since I've seen you >:O rly sad to see my best friend on PO leaving,but then again,I might also quit sometime sooner or later now :( Anyways,this team has xerneas,so idk much about rating it,but I think I have a few suggestions:
    A well used Subdisable Mega Gengar destroys.Scarf Ogre>Specs Ogre would be better as it makes sure stuff like Yveltal isn't that much of a bitch to you while also doing good vs Gengar(Genesect alone can't handle the pressure vs Gengar since ghost is neutral on steel now).Xern should be modest instead of timid.If you don't wanna go with duo scarfer,you could go for Mega Lucario>Genesect(you don't even have a mega on your team :O) and use something like Arceus-Rock>Ghostceus with defog and for ho-oh(you already got priority,and Ditto+Mega Luke checks EKA anyways,you could replace Arceus-Ghost probs).Would suggest more changes later I guess.

12. Sandglass

Sandglass Member

I don't mind getting outsped by full speed 90s because even if I have full speed Kyogre,I speed tie with them.I have shit luck so having speed tie with another pokemon is
    really bad for me.Scald still does 30-40% to Xerneas after Geomancy so I don't care about opponent's Xerneas set up(since I have Ditto).Timid full speed Kyogre is useless.
    Also,I use Thunderbolt for Kyogres as well.Moonblast doesn't have enough power to kill Kyogre in OHKO range,you know.For sure,I tested Hidden Power-Rock,too.But it was pretty useless when I'm not against Ho-Ohs(and base 60 power is..crap.).
    I will fix Xerneas' EVs.Thank you for some suggestions!!

13. Sandglass

Sandglass Member

Yeah same :C I hope we can meet again someday.
    I have trouble with Mega Gengar+Arceus Normal core indeed.When they predict correctly,it's really hard to win against them :<(I lost to Mega Gengar once).
    Well,I really hate Scarfed Kyogres but with Mega Lucario,it might work well.I will try it when I come back.
    But I'll never change my Arceus to Arceus Rock because Shadow Force still does much to Ho-Oh and I HATE that GAY move Defog.I promised myself not to use it lol
    Thanks for suggestions,I will see you later bro.

14. Fixed

Fixed Active Member

Fair point on Kyogre. Thunderbolt on Xerneas really is pointless though, Moonblast hits Kyogre (and Lugia, Aegislash, ...) harder than Thunderbolt because of the Fairy Aura ability.

15. Sandglass

Sandglass Member

Ohhh yeah,I forgot the ability.Hmm...then I'll think about replacing move like Substitute,Psyshock etc.Thanks again ^^

Moderators: Edna, fsk