1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

PokéTruths Exposed, pt. 1: Oak is the father of Ash

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by I'm a Doctor, Nov 18, 2013.

1. I'm a Doctor

I'm a Doctor Member

Professor Oak is the father of Ash Ketchum. I know, you're probably thinking "hey, that can't be!". I thought the same thing, until I saw the proofs... And I'm gonna show them to you now.

- 1) In the first episode of Pokémon, Delia tells Ash that his father is away on a Pokémon journey. Since then, Ash has saved the world, competed in the Pokémon league, travelled all over the world, won several badges... Where has his father been to congratulate him? When has Ash ever worried about his father? He can worry about his Pokémon so much, but not his father that he haven't seen in ages who haven't even praised him for his great achievements? Bvll$hit. Delia lied to Ash, he got no father who is on a Pokémon journey. If Ash had ever known this mysterious father, he would worry about him sometimes, but he don't. 'Cus Delia lied, the father of Ash she made up doesn't exist. It's obvious. But why would Delia make Ash believe that he got a father who is on a Pokémon journey that he seemingly never returns from? You'll see...

- 2) Ash is around 13 years old. Delia looks at most to be 20-22 years old, I mean, even Jessie from Team Rocket looks older... Delia must have given birth to Ash at a very young age, 7-10 years old, maybe. But who could have made her pregnant at that age? Who would be a pedophile and do such a horrible thing?

- 3) In the Entei movie, we see a picture of a very young Delia Ketchum hanging out with Professor Oak without her parents to accompany her. She was young on the picture, but it's seemingly not too many years ago, as Professor Oak and Molly's dad still seems the same as they did on the picture, just proving further how young Delia is. Why was she hanging out with Professor Oak at such a young age?

- 4) Why, in Pokémon Origins, does Oak call Red (who was pretty much made synonyme with Ash in Pokémon Yellow) his son after Red beats Green in the league? Are Nintendo trying to give us a sign that the proofs above are true? Is Oak the pedophile father of Ash Ketchum? No, Pokémon couldn't contain such stuff, oh no, but hey... Wait...

- 5) Look at the banned episodes. A man wanted to shoot Ash's brain out, James got breasts implanted and many other weird things happened in these banned episodes... Pedophilia would just be one more weird controversial thing along with the other weird controversial things. And in one of the banned episodes, Ash randomly meets Oak and Delia as they're on a vacation together. This is the same episode in which James had breasts implanted. So Oak and Delia goes on exotic vacations together when Ash leaves the house? Interesting...

So, Delia has hanged out with the much older Oak since she was a child and she is only 7-10 years older than Ash and she makes up lies to Ash about a dad who is out on a Pokémon journey although that dad obviously doesn't exist and then goes on hot vacations alone with professor Oak when Ash leaves the house? And Nintendo hinted in Pokémons ORIGINS (maybe the origins of Ash?) that Oak is the father of Ash by having Oak call Red "son" after he won the league...? Very suspicious... But why would Delia not tell Ash the truth? Maybe because pedophilia is illegal? That's the only logical answer. It's undeniable. Professor Oak is the father of Ash Ketchum. Disagree all you want, but the proofs are there.

2. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

Please allow me to begin poking a hole in your theory by saying your reason #4 is invalid. Pokemon Origins is in an entirely separate canonical universe in which Red is NOT Ash. They're different individual characters, so even if Oak is Red's father, it's not a must in Ash's case.

3. I'm a Doctor

I'm a Doctor Member

Ash is based on Red, so if Oak is the father of Red in Origins, then it could indicate that Oak is the father of Ash in the anime too. The anime is full of hints at Oak being Ash's father, so it would make sense for Nintendo to raise our awareness on the matter by making Oak the father of Red. Possibly to confirm our suspicions and confirm the truth of the hints in the anime.

4. Rioku

Rioku Not again.

PO Trainer Name:
    Shou
    Hey now don't discredit the theory that Delia is Oak's niece. And reason 4 is completely invalid. Then there is the undeniable fact of Pokémon being that it is episodic, repetitive, and the anime equivalent to SpongeBob.
    Ash Ketchum is not based off of Red. He is based off the creator of the anime, Satoshi Tajiri.

5. I'm a Doctor

I'm a Doctor Member

Let's forget point 4, as it was not really a proof, merely a suggestion of Nintendo having left an indicator about the truth for us, although the anime itself holds enough proofs, even without point 4.

6. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

#5: I'm sure James just had inflatables and they were not IMPLANTED. That'd be a bit scary. It could have just been a coincidence Oak and Delia were there. Remember that they're the only two people you know there, and they could just happen to take a vacation.

7. Scatterbrain

Scatterbrain You only live once*

no
    Video Games, Anime, and Manga are three different universes. Hell, even Origins isn't canon to the Anime.

Ash =/= Red

But still, Gary Oak, Professor Oak...

That means Gary and Ash are brothers. Would explain their bitter rivalry. But they don't live in the same household, do they?

8. I'm a Doctor

I'm a Doctor Member

Keep this in mind and look at the whole picture, not just point 4 as if that's the defining proof, it's merely interesting that Oak is calling Red son. But the point here mainly lies in the anime's symbolism.

9. Sakuya Izayoi

Sakuya Izayoi love to hate

So if this entire thing is true, Ash is Gary's uncle.

10. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    ash's dad is giovanni

11. The Simpson Menace

The Simpson Menace nostalgia

Your Theory is interesting but the Pedophile thing i find ridiculous, maybe Pokemon forgot 'bout the whole thing i mean like they've made 812 episodes in counting
    [correct me if i'm wrong] ,why would they remember the first one .You are basically saying the creators of Pokemon are sick people.

12. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'm just going to outright state that I'm not Ash's dad.

Jokes aside, I'm gonna start picking apart the OP for the fun of it.

1) Ash is 10 years old. It could be that Delia didn't have the heart to tell him that his father has died, or that his father cares about Pokémon more than his family, and as a result left him at a very young age. Both are much more obvious options than assuming Oak is Ash's dad.

2) Number 2 is pure speculation. You cannot know Delia's age in the slightest. The only source that mentions any age for Delia is a novelization by Takeshi Shudō, which states Delia is 29. If that is true, Delia was 19 upon giving birth to Ash, and possibly 18 upon conceiving. As a result, any claims of paedophilia are false. Even ignoring the facts presented, you're missing the quite obvious fact that people can look a lot different from their ages. Take a look at Will Smith - he barely looks any different from when he was doing the Fresh Prince, but he's now 45.

3) Take 10 years off of 19. Delia would have been 9. Professor Oak's hair has greyed, so it's safe to assume that he's in his late 40s, at the very least. Of course, I am speculating slightly with Oak's age. My point is that there are more significantly obvious physical differences between someone who is 9 and 19 than someone who is 39 and 49. As for why they were hanging out at that age, the answer should be obvious: Pallet Town is a ridiculously small town. Even in the anime, there are very few residents in Pallet Town, and Professor Oak's Lab is the sole residence of any real note to the general public in the town. If there was anyone in Pallet Town who didn't know who Oak was, I'd be surprised.

4) As people have mentioned already, Origins and the anime are two different things - Red is based off of the main protagonist of Pokémon Red/Blue, and Ash is the source of the main protagonist of Pokémon Yellow. But I'll pull on your theory and quickly research it... Ah, I see what you mean. "Feel proud, son." I think if you replace the word "son" with "kid" or "youngster" or any other term used to describe a male child, you'll get why Oak says that. I definitely don't see this being any form of proof whatsoever.

5) As previously mentioned by other people, James was in a body suit to make it appear he had breasts. As for why Oak and Delia were there together... I can't tell you for sure. This is the only one I can't fully dispute. Still, I can put forward my own theory: Delia is a past winner of the contest, and thus is invited back each year. As for Oak, it could be that he was a judge in the contest. Of course, they both might have been there together as a holiday together, but going at the exact time a beauty contest is there? Seems a little fishy, if you ask me.

In short, I think this topic is stupid, and that it has not been properly researched. A little research for each point, like I just did, could have revealed the answer to all of the points you made. Oak is not Ash's dad - or if he is, the reasons stated above are not valid in the slightest.

13. Scatterbrain

Anyone notice that Ash has stayed 10 for twelve years in a row? (or somewhere around that) :x

Also, Yellow was based off the anime. It's a lot more complicated to point fingers on what's based on what, really, because there's the anime, the manga and the video games.

(He also starts with a Pikachu in Yellow and can't trade/evolve it through any normal means)

14. I'm a Doctor

I'm a Doctor Member

Yeah, that's true.

Please prove it.

Who says the creators of Pokémon aren't sick?

Arceus is the ultimate blasphemy, I mean, who would invent something as sick as the concept of God being a Pokémon? Twist or turn it as you want, but one who does so is sick. And Jynx is also sick, giving the white player the option of capturing his own black slavegirl... Racism... And honestly, the creator of Pokémon used to collect bugs and stuff like that, cool guy, but weird guy. If pedophilia surprises you in Pokémon, then you haven't thought too deply about it, there is a lot of sick stuff going on. Look how much criminality Team Rocket is doing, don't you think criminality is sick and controversial?

1) Ash is older than 10 years old, he was 10 in the first episode. And how is it more obvious that Delia's man left her or died? It's pure speculation, where as the thought of Oak being his dad got several proofs to back it up.

2) On one hand, you consider Origins and the anime two different things, on which you're right, but on the other hand, you use a f*ckin' novelization as proof? That doesn't work, man. Come on, look at Ash's mom, she doesn't look much older than Misty. We have seen older women in Pokémon before, why is Ash's mom depicted as a young woman?

3) Why was Delia visiting Oak without her parents or without other small kids to accompany her? Was she the only one who wanted to hang out at Oak's place, despite "all young boys dreaming of becoming a Pokémon trainer some day"?

4) Oak called Red his son, it can be twisted and turned as seen fit, but he DID call him son. In Pokémon Yellow, it was revealed that Red is based on Ash and it was confirmed further in Gold and Silver by Red still having Pikachu while having Blastoise, Charizard and Venusaur at once, which is only possible in Yellow, the canon gen 1 game.

5) Proof that James wore a bodysuit? We saw breasts emerge from his skin, we gotta stick to the facts we can see, not just assume it's a suit. If it was just a suit, the episode wouldn't have been banned... Unless... The episode actually got banned because it revealed the relationship of Oak and Delia?

It's obvious that Oak is Ash's father. EVERYTHING points towards it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  15. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Before I even say anything else, it's not obvious if everyone has poked a hole in your theory.

Anyway, my main critism is on point 4. ''Son'' is a synonym for ''kid'', which is more along the lines of typical Oak speech. He has slightly dated speech from time to time--at least from what I've seen--, so ''son'' being used would kind of makes sense. Although, like people have said, you're discussing Origins. In my opinion, take the OP of the thread and rehash it so that it focuses on one area, whether it be anime or what have you. At least then it'd be up for true debate.

16. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

Joeypals is right in saying that "son" is a frequent way of saying "kid." Doesn't mean it's yours.

Also, it's just confirmed that Ash is age 10 as of BW. So basically, he could've had all these journeys in a year's time, which is pretty amazing in my eyes.

I'm going to take the liberty of poking more holes in your theory, so please take my words into account before refuting what you're saying without reading my stuff.
    3. Why not? From all we know, Pallet Town is a very lonely place and Oak's the only chill guy around. Doesn't mean they get going with it when Ash and Gary are out.
    4. See mine and Joeypal's argument.
    5. JUST IMPLANTS. James didn't have them the next episode, okay? It was deemed inappropriate because of a guy wanting to be a woman and having the fake breasts (they were inflatable)

17. Chidori__O

Chidori__O New Member

Actually, I don't mean to support the theory in any way but he actually is based of Red, his artwork was to look similar to Red. He was just named after the creator.

But it could and that was his point, of course it could mean kid but it could also be something else...(inb4 flames)

If they were willing to put something like that, what else could they put? I see your logic but I think the OP thinks if they could put something like that in, they could also imply other things.

I personally think people are taking this a tad serious, I think the OP was just poking fun at this. For my own opinion, I think it's fun debating and people shouldn't really take it personally when there's something wrong with their own logic.

18. Scatterbrain

He's based on the Vitruvian Man, actually. It's even quoted in his Diamond (or was it Pearl) Pokedex entry that he had 1000 arms, not just 4.

[​IMG]

They changed her design sometime after Gen 1. Newsflash.

Old: [​IMG]

New: [​IMG]
    What does pedophilia even have to do with Team Rocket? I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to tell us.

19. [Team 7] RoninDT

[Team 7] RoninDT New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    [Team 7] RoninDT
    Still, you can't deny that his theory would make for an interesting (and dark) twist in the anime. Like if the creators decided to go for a more adult or teenage crowd, they have a story arch where Ash goes searching for his father. He asks his mother about it, but she only gives vague answers that leads him on a wild goose chase that eventually ends. But right at the end, we see Professor Oak looking at a picture of baby ash sadly, and him saying "I'm sorry, my son." Just saying, fanfic writers need to get on this.

20. Rioku

Rioku Not again.

PO Trainer Name:
    Shou

Very surprised this didn't settle the discussion. As a fanfic writer, I can say that Oak as Ash's dad is generally bad. Those fics typically belong to the dark side of fan fiction for good reason. There's the age difference between Delia and Oak for one. Generally papa Oak fics are creepy, demented, and downright perverted.

21. [Team 7] RoninDT

[Team 7] RoninDT New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    [Team 7] RoninDT
    Yes that's true, but since we don't really know the ages of either the two, one could assume that Delia is in her late 30's or early 40's, while Oak could be in his 50's or 60's. While yes, perhaps a 20 some year old woman and a 40 some year old man having a relationship is a bit strange, it is possible and not too farfetched. Not only that, but since their relationship would've been slightly taboo, both of them would've kept it secret fom both Ash and the town, and you can't deny that Oak has acted as a strangley active Father figure in Ash's life. Of course, I know that this could easily be perversed into the dark side of fanfic, but if it wasn't, it could make for an interesting story. Just brainstorming outloud :)

22. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    My mom looked like a young woman when I was 10. Ash is 10. His mom is still hot. Not using the term MILF though.