1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Resolved] Failed connection to Main server

Discussion in 'Help' started by Dibthelegend, Dec 2, 2013.

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark
  1. Dibthelegend

Dibthelegend New Member

Recently I ran into a problem with the server list on the main PO opening page. None of the servers would appear. I didn't mind it so much as I could still do an advanced connection to the PO main server and play as I wanted to. Now however, when I attempt an advanced connection to the main server, I immediately am disconnected without any error message. I can still connect to PO2 server with the advanced connection. I've reinstalled Flash and Java (in case those even matter), and shutting down my firewall to no avail. My roommate can connect to the main server no problem, so it isn't an issue with our router either. I'm really lost and confused at this point, so I turned to you guys, please send help!

2. Steve

Steve Active Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

Flash and Java aren't used in PO, so that's not the issue.

Have you tried deleting the whole PO program folder and reinstalling?

3. Dibthelegend

Dibthelegend New Member

I didn't delete the entire folder, I did reinstall. I'll try just wiping everything PO related from my drive then reinstalling

4. Dibthelegend

Dibthelegend New Member

Uninstalled and deleted everything I could find related to Pokemon Online, reinstalled 2.3.2. Same issue. Is PO a standalone program? it seems like my PC is doing something stupid with it. (I'm running windows 7 professional)

5. Dibthelegend

Dibthelegend New Member

got the problem fixed. Although I shut down my main firewall, a security program that I assume was installed on the computer when I bought it suddenly starting blocking outgoing server access requests seemingly at random. Annihilated the stupid program and now I can get back to playing PO. SUCCESS!

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark