1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Questions

Discussion in 'Active Themes' started by IceKirby, Dec 6, 2013.

1. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    No, I'm not asking questions here. That's the theme's name.

Link: Removed because of reasons.

This is simpliest the stupidiest theme I ever made. Not even joking here, it's an idea I thought it was so stupid that it was worth the trouble of coding it (although I didn't test it, but it doesn't even matter).
    This is basically a trivia game. Each player must answer 3 questions, and those who succeed at that win the game.

Now I dare you to make a theme stupidier than this one :3

EDIT: Want to submit questions to the theme? Use this link: http://goo.gl/qDHWL1

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Idk, but it'll be a time when we all know the questions and it won't be as fun as it was before. Loving the idea anyway.

3. Silone

Silone Kanade <3

PO Trainer Name:
    Silone
    Why would we play Trivia in mafia lol anyways I'm making a stupider theme thanks to you...
    P.S add a troll question such as 1+1, that's more stupid. how to make a stupider theme; give village and mafia no votes and no kill

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  4. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    It's not about making it stupid, but making it stupid while still playable.

Next challenge: Play Mafia at Trivia channel? :3

5. Sky Sentinel

Sky Sentinel You see?

PO Trainer Name:
    Sky Sentinel

Category: MAFIA
    Who do we vote off?​

(19:07:14) ±Metagross: Time's up! Answers: Sky Sentinel, RiceKirby, Silone
    (19:07:14) ±Metagross: Answered Correctly: RiceKirby
    (19:07:14) ±Metagross: The correct answer was: RiceKirby
    (19:07:14) ±Metagross: Points awarded for this question: 5
    (19:07:14) ±Metagross: Leaderboard: RiceKirby (5)
    (19:07:14) ±Metagross: RiceKirby was removed from the game with 5 answers!

Selfvote, ban

6. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
  7. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

8. Silone

Silone Kanade <3

PO Trainer Name:
    Silone
    lols cx, btw Ban for fake logs XD

9. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Big thread revival because new stuff.

I'm testing a way to make it possible for people to submit questions for the theme. Use this form http://goo.gl/qDHWL1 to create questions, then I will review them and add to the theme when possible.

P.S.: You don't need to put the possible choices in the question, a script will deal with that. e.g.: You don't need to put "Who's the coolest? Type /bulbasaur, /charmander or /squirtle" in the question field, simply putting "Who's the coolest?" and then filling the answers fields normally is enough.
    P.S.2: The source field is only really necessary for the Pokémon Games category, you can skip for the other ones.

I'm also thinking about adding a 4th category (would be between the current Q2 and Q3), and it would have 4 choices with 1 being correct. I need ideas for the theme of this new category. I want something remarkably different from the other 3 categories (Capitals, Pokémon Games and Mafia Themes) which is not too niche for the general PO population. Ideas given so far include Anime/Manga, Movies and Sports. Someone also suggested simply "Games", but that would overlap a bit with Pokémon Games. More ideas are appreciated.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  10. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    But wouldn't Anime/Manga overlap with Mafia Themes?

It could be helpful to reduce the seconds per round. Especially for capitals, there's more than enough time to open google and look up the answers. Answers to some of the Pokémon Games can be looked up in team-builder. Ultimately you can't prevent cheating, but reducing the ticks would make it less viable. Also, if you are planning to add round 4, it will take 2 minutes to answer 4 questions, which seems excessive. Reduce to 25 or 20 per round imo, maybe even fewer for question 1.

For the new third category, Anime/Manga would probably be too inaccessible for some of the PO population, and since Questions always uses the same categories it would be a bit unfair to someone who just doesn't watch anime/read manga. But the same can be said for any category that isn't related to PO or global geography, so it's a bit of a dilemma. You could try making Q3 'miscellaneous' meaning that it's either Anime/Manga, Sports, or Games, so it would be a bit more evenly distributed. That's probably the best way to add something that isn't in the PO playerbase niche.

11. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    I will look into making the turns shorter.

Misc category is an interesting idea. Another idea I just had was Animals, which is something global enough (inb4 "it overlaps with pokémon").

On a different note, I may need to write some guidelines for questions submissions sometime, but just some notes for now:
    1. When writing answers, don't worry about putting or removing spaces. A script will take care of that.
    2. Q2 category is Pokémon Games. Stuff about the anime will not be added.
    3. There's a field for adding your username if you feel like it. I may add that to the question someday (something like "Question submitted by RiceKirby" below the question).

12. Fiery Espeon

Fiery Espeon The fire never bothered me anyway ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Fiery Espeon
    You can always do a Science category. Something that probably won't overlap with any of the other categories, and relatively is accessible to almost everyone.
    Example Question:
    Which of these is NOT an organic substance?
    /oxygen, /carbohydrates, /lipids, /proteins

13. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    Rice, an error happened. Not sure if this log alone will help but you can take a look...

(17:11:17) ±Game: Theme Questions won with 4 votes!
    (17:11:17) ±Game: Type /Join to enter the game!

(17:11:17) ±Game: Is this even Mafia? Nah. Answer 3 questions correctly and win the game. Any wrong answer and you are out! [Want to submit questions? Check this: http://goo.gl/qDHWL1 ]
    (17:11:17) ±Game: Charraze, Cheeseburger, PokeWorldBW, Sheldon joined the game!
    (17:11:20) ±Game: Random Kid joined the game!
    (17:11:22) Tetra. joined the channel.

(17:11:26) Charraze: What is this

(17:11:27) ±Game: Hurry up, you only have 30 seconds more to join!

(17:11:29) Charraze: Im excited
    (17:11:31) ±Game: Nilon joined the game!
    (17:11:36) Cheeseburger: its
    (17:11:37) Cheeseburger: trivia
    (17:11:40) Nilon: ^^
    (17:11:45) Natalie joined the channel.

(17:11:52) ±Game: TPA Ezreal joined the game!
    (17:11:52) ±Game: Perspective joined the game!
    (17:11:53) Perspective: in!
    (17:11:58) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:11:58) Times Up! :
    (17:11:58) The Roles have been Decided! :
    (17:11:58) ±Game: Time for Question 1 [Theme: Capitals]!
    (17:11:58) ±Game: Zagreb is the capital of Croatia. Type /true or /false to answer.
    (17:11:58) ±Current Roles: Question 1 [Theme: Capitals], Question 1 [Theme: Capitals], Question 1 [Theme: Capitals], Question 1 [Theme: Capitals], Question 1 [Theme: Capitals], Question 1 [Theme: Capitals], Question 1 [Theme: Capitals], Question 1 [Theme: Capitals].
    (17:11:58) ±Current Players: Charraze, Cheeseburger, Nilon, Perspective, PokeWorldBW, Random Kid, Sheldon, TPA Ezreal.
    (17:11:58) ±Time: Night 1
    (17:11:58) Make your moves, you only have 22 seconds! :
    (17:11:58) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:11:58) PokeWorldBW: it's not
    (17:12:00) PokeWorldBW: actualy mafia
    (17:12:01) ±Game: You have chosen to true PokeWorldBW!
    (17:12:08) Charraze: wut
    (17:12:10) Sheldon: Thank you siri
    (17:12:18) PokeWorldBW: just play :)
    (17:12:18) Cheeseburger: where riga
    (17:12:19) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:12:19) Times Up! :
    (17:12:19) No one died! :
    (17:12:19) ±Game: RIGHT ANSWER! Time for Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games]!
    (17:12:19) ±Game: Which of those moves changed types in Generation 6? Type /recover, /morningsun or /moonlight to answer.
    (17:12:19) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:12:19) ±Current Roles: Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games].
    (17:12:19) ±Current Players: Charraze, Cheeseburger, Nilon, Perspective, PokeWorldBW, Random Kid, Sheldon, TPA Ezreal.
    (17:12:19) ±Time: Day 1 (Standby)
    (17:12:19) You have 4 seconds to debate who are the bad guys! :
    (17:12:22) PokeWorldBW: Riga is Latvia
    (17:12:23) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:12:23) ±Current Roles: Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games].
    (17:12:23) ±Current Players: Charraze, Cheeseburger, Nilon, Perspective, PokeWorldBW, Random Kid, Sheldon, TPA Ezreal.
    (17:12:23) ±Time: Night 2
    (17:12:23) Make your moves, you only have 22 seconds! :
    (17:12:23) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:12:29) ±Game: You have chosen to moonlight PokeWorldBW!
    (17:12:33) Random Kid: im so fancy
    (17:12:36) Nilon: I'm gonna die aren't I
    (17:12:45) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:12:45) Times Up! :
    (17:12:45) ±Game: Cheeseburger couldn't answer Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], so they have been eliminated!
    (17:12:45) ±Game: Perspective couldn't answer Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], so they have been eliminated!
    (17:12:45) ±Game: Nilon couldn't answer Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], so they have been eliminated!
    (17:12:45) ±Game: Sheldon couldn't answer Question 2 [Theme: Pokémon Games], so they have been eliminated!
    (17:12:45) ±Game: RIGHT ANSWER! Time for Question 3 [Theme: Mafia Themes]!
    (17:12:45) ±Game: Which role was the first one to have a daykill ability? To answer, type /[youranswer] (without spaces or special characters, e.g.: To answer 'Ash Ketchum', type /ashketchum ).
    (17:12:45) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:12:45) ±Current Roles: Question 3 [Theme: Mafia Themes], Question 3 [Theme: Mafia Themes], Question 3 [Theme: Mafia Themes], Question 3 [Theme: Mafia Themes].
    (17:12:45) ±Current Players: Charraze, PokeWorldBW, Random Kid, TPA Ezreal.
    (17:12:45) ±Time: Day 2 (Standby)
    (17:12:45) You have 4 seconds to debate who are the bad guys! :
    (17:12:50) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:12:50) ±Current Roles: Question 3 [Theme: Mafia Themes], Question 3 [Theme: Mafia Themes], Question 3 [Theme: Mafia Themes], Question 3 [Theme: Mafia Themes].
    (17:12:50) ±Current Players: Charraze, PokeWorldBW, Random Kid, TPA Ezreal.
    (17:12:50) ±Time: Night 3
    (17:12:50) Make your moves, you only have 22 seconds! :
    (17:12:50) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:12:51) ±Game: You have chosen to samurai PokeWorldBW!
    (17:13:02) Error on mafia command: TypeError: Result of expression '(parts[parts.length-1])' [undefined] is not an object. on line 163
    (17:13:04) PokeWorldBW: woah half the players died
    (17:13:05) PokeWorldBW: uh
    (17:13:09) Cheeseburger: dat error
    (17:13:11) Perspective: lmao
    (17:13:11) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:13:11) Times Up! :
    (17:13:11) ±Game: Random Kid couldn't answer their question, so they have been eliminated!
    (17:13:11) ±Game: Charraze couldn't answer their question, so they have been eliminated!
    (17:13:11) ±Game: Right Answer!
    (17:13:11) ±Game: You answered all questions correctly and are one of the winners!
    (17:13:11) ±Game: Congratulations! PokeWorldBW and TPA Ezreal answered correctly their 3 questions and won this game!
    (17:13:11) ***************************************************************************************
    (17:13:02) Error on mafia command: TypeError: Result of expression '(parts[][parts.length[]-1])' [undefined] is not an object. on line 163
    The error said parts[] with an i in the brackets, but that breaks BBCode...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  14. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    That error message is making no sense. There's nothing about a 'parts' array in the line 163 of the Mafia script. I can't even tell if that's related to the theme at all or if it's an error thrown by someone using another mafia command.
    Edit: Yeah, seems like it was not an error with the theme.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015