1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

POYT Narrating Competition! [Round 1]

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel' started by Samphire, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samphire

Samphire Too much hard work!

Pokémon Online Youtube Tournament
    Narration competition!

Timeframe and Deadlines for Round 1
    - For this round, video files (not a link to the video on YouTube, the video file), must be sent to Kyrk and myself via forum PM no later than the end of Tuesday 7th January 2014, in order for them all to be uploaded late Tuesday or early Wednesday.
    - Videos views and likes will be taken into account on the videos up until Sunday 12th January, when the results will be tallied and added to the judges scoring, which will take place in that period.

What to do

- Create ONE video of ONE match using the battle replays uploaded by competitors in the POYT tournament.
    - This video can be on any battle, so long as it is from POYT round 1.
    - PM the video files to myself and Kyrk.
    - These will then be uploaded to the Pokémon Online Simulator Youtube Channel.

Scoring
    - Scoring for round 1 will be posted on Monday 13th January once views and judge's scores have been tallied.

The Judges
    - Kyrk
    - Edgar
    - Chimpakt
    - 6fthax

Useful guides
    Uploading replays
    Guide to Recoding, Narrating and Subtitling!

The Competitors

Level100Afroman and TheHitman
    Silone
    Laurel and ThatIsWhatSheSaid
    Finchinator and noname4505
    Cloud7z and Ssikn
    Dragmirejr
    JinSwords
    Uso
    and Wavy
    TonyFlygon and Sour
    Rok
    TripleFinishGaming and Latsu7
    Kiyo

Good luck!
    Remember to get those videos sent in by the end of January 7th!
    Late submissions will have 20% taken off of their combined score for that round. However, late videos must be in by Sunday 12th January, or they will not be counted at all!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    My group should be sending in our video by the end of the weekend, ez

3. Silone

Silone Kanade <3

PO Trainer Name:
    Silone
    Question. By Video files, Can we use MediaFire to upload it. and PM to Kyrk ( did I spell it right? )

4. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Yes, you upload your completed video file (so not just the narration .mp3 file) on Mediafire, Dropbox, or any other safe file-sharing website (we prefer the former two though), then you PM it to me so it can be uploaded to the YT channel.

5. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

Our video has already been done for this round so I will not be changing it. However, for our future videos, will we be permitted to include a personal intro at the start? Of course I'm more than happy to also have the PO intro.

Here's what I'm talking about:
    [video=youtube;Tu5NrwuVgpA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu5NrwuVgpA[/video]

6. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    As long as it includes the PO intro before the personal intro as well, it's fine with me.

7. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

Where can we download the PO intro?

8. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
  9. Samphire

10. Vee

Vee New Member

Im not a part of the narrating tournament but I was wondering if there was any way for normal competitors to view the submitted videos? I think that listening to other people and how they view the battles would be very interesting.

11. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    We'll be uploading all of the narrators' submissions publicly on the channel for both judges and everyone else to watch. In fact, part of the narrators' scores will be based off the public's views and likes.

12. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Apologies for double post, but would you give an extension to sumbit narrations for a few more days, as I've only received 1 narration this week.

13. Samphire

No extensions due to time frames of how this tour needs to run alongside the POYT.
    All I can say is that if they don't get videos in on time, then they give an advantage to the other competitors.

14. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    If that's the case, can there be an opportunity to submit narrations late at the cost of a point penalty (half points maybe) until the end of the following round?

15. Samphire

That will work. Late submissions will have 20% taken off. They have until SUNDAY to send them in, as Sunday is when the videos are frozen to make way for the next round.

16. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

Will any videos sent in on time be uploaded on the original date? I'm a bit eager to hear any constructive criticism so I improve my next one

17. Samphire

Videos sent in on time will be being uploaded shortly.

18. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    All of the videos sent to me on time have been uploaded, but as Samphire said, you still have until Sunday to send your videos to me at the price of a 20% point penalty if you have yet to do so.

19. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

All the videos got uploaded at the same time? Thats not how you get views on youtube, people are just going to watch the most recent upload. Maybe for future rounds schedule them for a day after each other at the same time and count views 5 (?) days after the upload in order to make it fair.

20. Bamarah

Bamarah "Baton Pass Elite"

I hope this isn't the wrong place to post this...

But I would like to be removed from the Touranment as I'm too busy irl to focus on this competition. Also, I think Silone & I have way different time zones to have any kind of communication as I haven't seen him on the server in a week.

I apologize for the inconvenience Samphire & Kyrk, good luck to the rest of the competitors.

21. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    You say that, but the video that was released first out of the simultaneous uploads actually has the most views out of the 4 made public, not the most recent of them. I personally think what we're doing at the moment is fine, but if Samphire agrees with your idea, I'll change the uploading method.

Samphire should be able to handle this. If Silone doesn't confirm that he'll still be participating, he'll probably get removed as well.

22. Samphire

I shall remove you, but you will need to either drop a forum PM to Silone or contact them to confirm with them you are dropping out, and then to tell them to tell us and confirm whether they are still participating as well.

I think they way we are doing it now is fine. Looking at the way views are stacking up it seems fair and quite even, and the way I am advertising and publicisng the videos is through the videos page of the YT channel, not the main youtube link, therefore all videos are visible when people click.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.