1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Share Your Battles - Round 1

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel' started by Kyrk, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Just wanted to bring back the community battles thread so you can get the chance to submit your 6th gen battles. Here's the generic stuff:

This is the community battle thread, where players who know how to battle have the chance to be featured on our Youtube channel, whether they're "popular" or not.

This is the method:

When you submit a battle, post it in the following format:

You can also submit other player's battles you find on the server if you believe they're of high-quality; just make sure the players agree to you submitting it and can provide their full log first. When submitting a scouted battle, use the same format excluding the Youtube channel link (unless you know the players' channel links.) You can submit up to 3 scouted battles.

How we evaluate your submissions:

Please do NOT:

If you have any questions, post in the thread or PM your questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Evaluation Team:
    COMING SOON

Deadline: March 31

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

Username: MetalGross
    Battle link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6a7rfxbve0ddoz7/MetalGross+vs+Isa-+at+15h35.poreplay
    Tier: RBY OU
    Number of turns: 52
    Battle description: A really interesting team matchup. Isa- uses Jolteon, very hipster, to lead with and a major problem for my Zapdos. He also has Chansey, which was really hard to break through. 2 big threats on the other side of the field basically. I manage to put Jolteon in sleep turn 1, but that costs me my own Jynx in return. Afterwards there were a lot of mindgames due to Starmie vs Chansey, and it makes for a quality battle. Trying to kill the Chansey, I boom first with Golem but he switched out. I end up killing it with Exeggutor's Explosion. After there was a thrilling 3vs3 situation that really came down to the wire (and hax :[ ) but certainly good to watch. The teams are creative for sure, I run Zapdos as late game sweeper instead of the usual Tauros and Isa- uses Jolteon (!) to replace the usual Golem/Rhydon, which he absolutely hates. (Seriously, Isa never uses a Rock)
    Your team:: Jynx/Starmie/Exeggutor/Snorlax/Zapdos/Golem
    Opponent's team: Jolteon/Exeggutor/Chansey/Snorlax/Tauros/Jynx

3. Virizion

Virizion ~ Taste the Rainbow ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Virizion
    Username: Virizion
    Battle link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/88x572t5icqxkx4/14.09 vs Virizion at 20h48.poreplay
    Tier: BW2 UU
    Number of turns: 30 :( But the last few turns was me getting worn down by LO on Sharpedo, until the last turn which shocked me!
    Battle description: Quite standard teams, however I had to bare in mind that I hadn't used the specific team for ages, and I had to get used to the playstyle very quickly and very efficiently to do well. I played a little dumb at the start, however that paid off with my underrated Mix Flygon shocked the audience (probably not my opponent himself, he knows the tier very well), as well as my Explosion Azelf as I U-Turned first, which I thought was a bad play, but then once again, paid off respectively. The ending like I said before shocked me the most though, as I didn't know Honchkrow's Sucker Punch didn't even do 50%, and I win by 8%. It might have seen that 14.09 had the match, especially that he wanted to sacrifice all of his other 'mons to get me on low damage as possible. Either way, surprises aside and my couple of misplays, it has been my favourite battle probably out of all of my ones on PO. GG. :)
    Your team: Azelf / Flygon / Heracross / Porygon2 / Raikou / Sharpedo
    Opponent's team: Blastoise / Victini / Honchkrow / Heracross / Rhyperior / Zapdos
    YouTube channel link: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokesterNetwork

EDIT: I think actually the team I used was the same team that SOMALIA used in one of the BW2 UU Battle Series, so shoutout to him there! Showcasing for the win, IMO.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  4. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Adding another month since 2 submissions is pretty darn disappointing.

5. Celebi.

Celebi. Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    SheerForceGatr/Bulba
    I have a pretty lolsy battle but the in battle chat isn't very clean sometimes. Would that be ok?
    My only other worthy battle (that I remember) is ~80 turns and ended in a 1-0. But that's pretty long so idk. If those aren't ok I'll find/get some more (:

6. Shadow Sneak

Shadow Sneak came in like

PO Trainer Name:
    Shadow Sneak
    Username: Shadow Sneak
    Battle Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i2i1ytyn5s18nks/Sasuke+Uchiha+vs+Shadow+Sneak+at+21h30.poreplay
    Tier: XY OU
    Number of Turns: 65 (pls consider)
    Battle Description: Ok, so it's Round 2 of the XY OU event tour. I just finished a semi-stall that I haven't even tested! Sasuke is a good friend of mine and a strong OU player, so I knew the battle would be interesting. Some notable things during the battle were is Charizard, which had Roost and if not I would have won, his Blaze Kick Genesect which could of 2HKO'd my Conkeldurr, and his annoying Latias which really wanted to keep Rocks off the field. The team was obviously build around Mega Charizard Y, with Latias providing Defog support and Landorus-T and Keldeo-R taking Rock moves for it. Near mid battle, hs Keldeo catches me by huge surprising taking out my Quagsire with a strong Specs boosted Hydro Pump, I really didn't expect it. After that I call in my specially defensive Sylveon, which takes 62% from a Specs boosted Hydro Pump, but is able to take it out with a Hyper Voice. Then Landorus-T comes in, expecting a switch to Heatran (which was Ballooned at the time) and uses Rock Slide. Sylveon BARELY holds on and is able to get a Wish in and bring it back to health. The battle comes to an end when Sasuke is relying on a Fire Blast to not miss, but he had Roost anyways so it didn't really matter. This is really one of my best battles (that I have a replay of e.e) so I hope you enjoy and stuff
    Your Team: Sylveon / Quagsire / Ferrothorn / Alakazam / Conkeldurr / Heatran
    Opponent's team: Charizard / Tyranitar / Latias / Genesect / Keldeo-R / Landorus-T

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  7. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    We don't plan on recording the chat, so that part doesn't matter. Your lulzy battle would be fine as long as you and your opponents both made good plays throughout the battle.

The 80-turn battle would be difficult to accept if it's just 60+ turns of pointless stalling, but if you believe the battle was played very well it would be acceptable. If you're up for it, I would try finding more battles if you're unsure if those met the requirements or not, just remember that you can submit more than 1 battle.

8. Celebi.

Celebi. Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    SheerForceGatr/Bulba
    Username: Serebii
    Battle Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vh081jp4skumu8a/X2Cセレビィ+vs+Victini+at+03h22.poreplay
    Tier: XY UU
    Number of Turns: 81
    Battle Description: This match took place early XY UU. The metagame had just recently stabilized itself. This was what I believe is a XY UU tour semi finals match. What seemed to be imminent doom (for me) based on the team match up ended up being a rather delicate and intense battle. Zygarde was a major threat to my team, especially if it was the sub variant (which it ended up being), but the rest of his pokes were manageable. Rotom-H and Empoleon carried mad weight in this match. Key plays include the double WoW to burn Zygarde (13), Overheat miss (33), Knocking Off Slyveon's Leftovers (62), The Healing Wish pass to Rotom-H (64), and the predicted Slyveon Overheat KO (78). There was assorted hax that made the battle a bit more difficult, but I eventually pulled ahead. The battle was a steady tug and pull between who could KO the opponents defensive fall backs first. My Rotom-H vs. Victini's Tangrowth/Slyveon. Rotom-H easily proved to be the MVP of this match.

Your Team: Mienshao / Gardevoir / Latias / Empoleon / Rotom-H / Infernape
    Opponent's team: Victini / Hydreigon / Empoleon / Sylveon / Tangrowth / Zygarde

9. Fixed

Fixed Active Member

Username: Fixed
    Battle link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e7i7q7q2dau15q0/Fixed_vs_m0nsters_0f_men_at_09h50.poreplay
    Tier: XY Ubers
    Number of turns: 43
    Battle description: A very interesting battle against m0nsters 0f men. He has an offensive version of the rather standard sun team, and I have an unusual team based around Scolipede. In the first few turns we both gain some information about the opponent's team, in particular his Arceus forme is revealed and I note that it won't be easy for me to get and keep Toxic Spikes up. On turn 6 I make a mistake, switching to Landorus-T where I probably should have gone to Arceus-Fairy. He makes a great double switch into Ho-oh to avoid Intimidate and threaten me with a sun-boosted Sacred Fire, or a Brave Bird in case I'd switch back to Kyogre. I decide to stay in, and he gets a crucial burn, not only allowing his Ho-oh to stay alive but also hurting my Landorus-T to the point where I can't switch back into SR to stop his Zekrom. This gives him a huge advantage, and after some slower play with a very important scout on turn 12 and later some predictions going both ways his Zekrom becomes a huge threat on turn 30. I desperately sacrifice my Kangaskhan to get Arceus-Fairy in safely, leading to an interesting situation on turn 32. As getting my Arceus-Fairy burned meant it could no longer OHKO his Ho-oh, he expected me to switch to Kyogre and made the double switch to Zekrom. However what he did not know was that my Arceus had a Hasty nature, and could not take more SR damage and still tank a Bolt Strike. His failed double switch gave me time to Recover, which eventually led to an Arceus vs. Arceus situation on turn 38. He should have tried to win this matchup 1v1, which would win him the game. However he believed that his Zekrom could clean up if he damaged me enough, and let his Arceus die. Then, on the very last turn, I show the surprising Sucker Punch on defensive Yveltal, finishing his Zekrom and completely turning the game around. GG.

Your team: Scolipede / Kangaskhan / Yveltal / Kyogre / Landorus-T / Arceus-Fairy
    Opponent's team: Groudon / Palkia / Zekrom / Aegislash / Arceus-Rock / Ho-Oh

10. TGW

TGW CaralloMan

PO Trainer Name:
    CVcrew.PRS
    Username: TheGalicianWarrior
    Battle Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?c4ybor6m2l7meb9
    Tier: HGSS OU
    Number of turns: 23 (Short but really intense)
    Battle description: Really intense battle against Finchinator for the DPP Forum tour (that actually stills going on). The battle starts with me taking the offensive way, in order to surprise him and defeat the biggest amount of pokes as possible. I manage to defeat his Frosslass by spamming Shadow Ball with Roserade. He uses Scizor next, but I had HP Fire and an intact Focus Sash, got it! With Frosslass and Scizor OHKOd by HP Fire, things were looking promising so far. He uses Heatran and I switch into Gyarados thinking that I could get a free Dragon Dance there but sadly a Fire Blast crit happen and Waterfall didnt manage to kill it, leaving him with a crutial 4% letting him use Explosion and deffinetly killing my Gyara. In turn 8, he uses Gliscor and I use Rhyperior. In a really risky move I decide to stay in with Rhyperior and spam Stone Edge trying to nerf it the most possible while he spams Roost+Earthquake. In turn 12 he uses U-Turn and uses Rotom-W, which is badly hurt by Rhyperior's Stone Edge. I change Rhyperior for Snorlax in order to surprise him. I go for the Crunch which kills it. He goes back to Gliscor, and since my Lax was already too damaged I decide to just stay in and sacrifice it. After he kills Lax, I go again with Roserade expecting that it would outspeed Gliscor, but no, Roserade faints and I just go straight for it, Specs Zapdos + HP Ice. Total KO for Gliscor. And a 3-1 for me that made me feel quite confident I should say (What could he have to kill 3 brilliantly synerged strong pokes?). He uses a Kingdra (what?!), I switch into Rhyperior since I was trapped in HP Ice and he uses Rain Dance (Swift Swim Kingdra). Easily kills Rhyperior and Zapdos with strong Dragon Pulses and then my last chance, Heatran. With Finch and me saying 'Good Game' to each other, someone watching says: 'Here comes the miss!'. Kingdra's HydroPump misses (in the rain) and I use Earth Power with Heatran since I didnt have Dragon Pulse, and the attack nerfed Kingdra's Sp.Def. Last turn, If another miss happened I would win, if not, Finch would win. It didnt miss this time, the HydroPump fulminated Heatran giving this intense battle a dramatic, epic end. Great Game.

Your team: Roserade / Heatran / Gyarados / Rhyperior / Snorlax / Zapdos
    Opponent's team: Frosslass / Scizor / Heatran / Gliscor / Rotom-W / Kingdra

11. Noog

Noog So much potential...

Username: Noog
    Battle Links: https://www.mediafire.com/?qe67mw5jnlbz7jd
    Tier: XY LC
    Number of Turns: 31 - rather standard for a LC game
    Battle Description: A battle between two offensive teams, this is a prime example of not giving up 'till the battle's over. The first half was fairly standard - trading punches, predictions and switches. In the midst of this I sent Surskit out simply to get off a Sticky Web, which will become important later in the battle. By the 14th turn of the battle a series of bad choices and good reads left me with just two Pokémon against the opponent's four. Then something miraculous happened -- a two-Pokémon comeback featuring Swagger and Foul Play, with each turn being filled with suspense. Every time the opponent hit itself delayed my defeat by one turn, but if just one attack hit at an inopportune time, I was finished.

My team: Surskit / Meowth / Purrloin / Murkrow / Honedge / Meditite
    Opponent's team: Mienfoo / Snubbull / Chinchou / Misdreavus / Murkrow / Meditite

12. LatiosPro!

LatiosPro! Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    AbomasnowTheKing
    UserName: LatiosPro!
    Battle Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?120a47mtkft7zvh
    Tier: XY UU
    Number of turns: 25 (short battle)
    Battle Description: well is a nice battle between Afro and me, he have a offensive team, i have a balanced team. My scarf Chandelure was the key of the match because 3 of he's pkmn are weak to my chandelure , the first turn i try to do a prediction with Abomasnow Vs Roserade but Afro starts with sludge bomb so that is bad for me, but the second turn i use the same move and he put weavile so he's weavile lost 66% of HP so that help me in all the battle because weavile is a big problem if i lost my poliwrath, then the battle was a good battle and when he lost chandelure (turn 9) is my win because chandelure is the biggest problem of my team, finally in the final of the battle my scarfchandelure sweep all pkmns and gave me the win.

My Team: Chandelure / Poliwrath / Bronzong / Thundurus-T / Mew / Abomasnow
    Opponent's team: Rhyperior / Blastoise / Diggersby / Weavile / Roserade / Chandelure

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LatiosPO

13. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Going to keep this open until I get my rating team together, which may or may not take a bit.