1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

POYT Narration Competition [Round 4]

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel' started by Samphire, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samphire

Samphire Too much hard work!

Reminder: all videos for round 4 should be PMed to Kyrk or Samphire by the end of Monday 3rd February!
    Late videos will incur a 20% penalty.

Round 1, 2 and 3 results and standings should also eventually be posted in this thread.

Timeframe and Deadlines for Round 4
    - For this round, video files (not a link to the video on YouTube, the video file), must be sent to me and/or Samphire via forum PM no later than the end of Monday 3rd February, in order for all of the videos to be simultaneously uploaded.
    - Videos views and likes will be taken into account on the videos up until Sunday 9th February, when the results will be tallied and added to the judges scoring, which will take place in that period.

What to do

- Create ONE video of ONE match using the battle replays uploaded by competitors in the POYT tournament.
    - This video can be on any battle, so long as it is from POYT round 4 and is taking place on the Pokemon-Online client.
    - PM the video files to me or Samphire.
    - These will then be uploaded to the
    Pokémon Online Simulator Youtube Channel.

Scoring
    - Scoring for round 3 will be posted on a determined day once views and judge's scores have been tallied.

The Judges
    - Kyrk
    - Edgar
    - Chimpakt
    - 6fthax

Useful guides
    Uploading replays
    Guide to Recoding, Narrating and Subtitling!

The Competitors

Level100Afroman and TheHitman
    Silone
    Laurel and ThatIsWhatSheSaid
    Finchinator and noname4505
    Cloud7z and Ssikn
    Dragmirejr
    JinSwords
    Uso
    and Wavy
    TonyFlygon and Sour
    Rok
    BidoofsCrazyVideos and Latsu7
    Kiyo

2. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

I sent mine to Kyrk a while ago. Are these going to be uploaded soon?

3. Samphire

Unfortunately, we had hardly any videos in this week. This again is a request for the rest to submit their videos. If people are not going to take this contest seriously, then we will consider cancelling it.

4. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

ThatIsWhatSheSaid seasoned vet

Its hard to have a competition when we aren't getting any scores and there seems to be little to no interest from you guys as well (wasn't the deadline a week ago?)

but I like how this is the competitors fault

5. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    I finally uploaded the only two submitted battles. We're not solely placing the blame on the competitors; the judges had their fair share of general disinterest, the deadlines were rather strict, and I haven't helped with the tournament as much as I preferred to. At this rate, the tournament will probably be cancelled, which is unfortunate since it had a lot of potential. If the POYT still continues next year, hopefully we can learn from those mistakes.

If you still wish to know your personal scores for each round from me, you can message me on either the forum or server.

6. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

So is this cancelled then?

If so yes I would like my scores

7. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

Why can't the teams who have been submitting videos all round be awarded something? I was interested in the $40 :( and I and TIWSS spent a good amount of time on the videos.

8. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

9. Samphire

Listen. We have not said we are cancelling yet. I am going to put round 5 up in a second, and that will be the decider as to whether people are bothered enough to do this.

Judges can always be fixed if need be. The lack of videos at the moment is the severely pressing issue in this tournament.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.