1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

XY LC Viability Rankings Project

Discussion in 'Gen 6 LC' started by Yagura, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Hello and welcome to the XY LC Viability Rankings project. Each Pokémon would be ranked in a "tier" depending on its impact in the metagame. The current list is initial and it was made by me and the other LC playerbase in the Team LC channel. If you think that a Pokémon should be moved up or down please post in this thread with a solid argument.

Without any further delay, here are the viability rankings:

S-Rank

[​IMG][​IMG]Fletchling

A-Rank

A+

[​IMG]Carvanha
    [​IMG]Chinchou
    [​IMG]Magnemite
    [​IMG]Mienfoo
    [​IMG]Pawniard
    [​IMG]Ponyta
    [​IMG]Porygon
    [​IMG]Scraggy
    [​IMG]Tirtouga
    [​IMG]Trubbish

A

[​IMG]Abra
    [​IMG]Spritzee
    [​IMG]Timburr

A-

[​IMG]Croagunk
    [​IMG]Drilbur
    [​IMG]Dwebble
    [​IMG]Ferroseed
    [​IMG]Foongus
    [​IMG]Larvesta
    [​IMG]Lileep
    [​IMG]Slowpoke
    [​IMG]Wynaut

B-Rank

B+

[​IMG]Anorith
    [​IMG]Bunnelby
    [​IMG]Honedge
    [​IMG]Lickitung
    [​IMG]Munchlax
    [​IMG]Staryu

[​IMG]Torchic
    [​IMG]Vullaby
    [​IMG]Vulpix
    [​IMG]Zigzagoon

B

[​IMG]Diglett
    [​IMG]Gastly
    [​IMG]Hippopotas
    [​IMG]Shellder
    [​IMG]Snubbull

B-

[​IMG]Corphish
    [​IMG]Mantyke
    [​IMG] Onix
    [​IMG]Skrelp
    [​IMG]Snover
    [​IMG]Surskit
    [​IMG]Tyrunt

C-Rank

C+

[​IMG]Amaura
    [​IMG]Archen

[​IMG]Cottonee
    [​IMG]Darumaka
    [​IMG]Dratini
    [​IMG]Koffing
    [​IMG]Rufflet

C

[​IMG]Clamperl
    [​IMG]Cranidos
    [​IMG]Elekid
    [​IMG]Meowth
    [​IMG]Taillow
    [​IMG]Tentacool

C-

[​IMG]Aipom
    [​IMG]Bellsprout
    [​IMG]Bulbasaur
    [​IMG]Cubone
    [​IMG]Oddish
    [​IMG]Pumpkaboo
    [​IMG]Shieldon
    [​IMG]Spinarak

D-Rank

D+

[​IMG]Aron
    [​IMG]Drifloon
    [​IMG]Froakie
    [​IMG]Helioptile
    [​IMG]Inkay
    [​IMG]Riolu
    [​IMG]Venipede
    [​IMG]Zorua

D

[​IMG]Gothita
    [​IMG]Grimer
    [​IMG]Growlithe
    [​IMG]Frillish
    [​IMG]Machop
    [​IMG]Purrloin
    [​IMG]Remoraid
    [​IMG]Smoochum
    [​IMG]Wailmer

D-

[​IMG]Bronzor
    [​IMG]Litleo
    [​IMG]Natu
    [​IMG]Phantump
    [​IMG]Sandshrew
    [​IMG]Sewaddle
    [​IMG]Shelmet
    [​IMG]Shroomish
    [​IMG]Voltorb

E-Rank

E+

[​IMG] Eevee
    [​IMG] Exeggcute
    [​IMG] Goldeen
    [​IMG]Golett
    [​IMG]Goomy
    [​IMG]Joltik
    [​IMG] Mareep
    [​IMG] Minccino
    [​IMG] Sandile
    [​IMG] Totodile

E

[​IMG] Binacle
    [​IMG] Chimchar
    [​IMG] Deino
    [​IMG] Duskull
    [​IMG] Nosepass
    [​IMG] Rattata
    [​IMG] Seel
    [​IMG] Swinub
    [​IMG] Teddirusa
    [​IMG] Woobat

E-

[​IMG]Gulpin
    [​IMG]Makuhita
    [​IMG]Skiddo
    [​IMG]Spheal
    [​IMG]Venonat

Please note that every Pokémon that wasn't ranked yet is a rarely used one and its ranking hasn't been settled up yet. Please discuss in which tier they should be and also discuss the possible changes in this initial list.

I won't be finishing the project, a mod can lock this or a tier leader can finish it up ( even though no one cares about LC anymore \o/ )

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    Aerow and corporallevi like this.
  2. -Mike-

-Mike- hi

PO Trainer Name:
    Mike Jenkins
    Possible changes:
    Ponyta to A
    Can run a lot of different sets. Can beat a lot of physical attackers, also the most common ones, Mienfoo, Pawniard and Meditite (All of them risk a burn from Flame Body). Also, 19 speed allows it to WoW without any problem. Dominates over Larvesta because of only 2x SR weakness, better bulk and speed. Also beats its common switchins of water types with Solarbeam/Wild Charge, difficult to counter. Also hits 19 speed.

Slowpoke to A
    65 defense is good. Counters one of the biggest wallbreaker of Meditite. Slack Off+Regenerator gives it easy recovery. Also has wide variety of status moves, Toxic TWave and Scald for burns.

Larvesta to A-
    Can switch into all fighting types including Timburr, Mienfoo and Meditite. All of them risk a burn due to Flame Body (Except Timburr with Guts). Strongest U-Turn in the tier too

Helioptile to C/C-
    Unique typing. Good counter to Missy without HP Fighting. Counters Chinchou with Dry Skin and resisting Volt/TBolt. Nice speed hitting 17 and outspeeds a lot with Scarf. Solar Power can be used in Sun teams.

Carvanha to B+
    Unique typing. Excellent late game cleaner. Can run both Physical and Special sets. Does not worry about scarfers as he has Speed Boost. Good Coverage.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  3. Rioku

Rioku Not again.

PO Trainer Name:
    Shou
    More Changes~
    Riolu to C or C- its not that bad guy
    Grimer to D+
    Scraggy to A
    Cubone to C- play the TR Cubone
    Tyrunt to B-
    Dwebble to A- or A
    Zorua to D

4. Chlorine Trifluoride

Chlorine Trifluoride You were saying?

PO Trainer Name:
    Sexy Cat
    LARVESTA TO A-
    Zigzagoone for C- while berry juice exists
    Bulbasaur to C-
    Aipom to D+
    Torchic to C
    Froakie to C-
    Trubbish to D+/C- while berry juice exists
    Shelmet to D+ at least
    LARVESTA TO A-

5. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Please when trying to notify of some possible changes use your reasoning and write an argument (One sentence might be enough) on the reason why that Pokémon should be moved either up or down because if we all go "X to tier Y" this project won't be going anywhere. Please edit your previous posts and add arguments if you didn't do so. Thanks!

Edits that were made:

Tirtouga to A+

Cubone, Trubbish and Zigzagoon to C-

6. Sakuya Izayoi

Sakuya Izayoi love to hate

Larvesta to A or A-
    While it does have a SR problem, it can be easily mitigated by rapid spin/defog. Furthermore, it is easily one of if not the best swirlix check, since it can easily take any of its moves bar the rare surf, and retaliate with a powerful Flare Blitz. Access to U-turn makes it a staple on Volt-turn teams as well, and reliable recovery in Morning Sun is also really good.

Tentacool to B,
    It is also a pretty good check to swirlix. It also has access to Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin, both really good support moves in LC.

Clamperl to B+,
    Deepseascale+Shell Smash is incredibly threatening together, capable of wiping out the entire tier after just 1 SS. Tirtouga doesn't have that kind of firepower that just bashes through walls, so that's something to differenciate the 2 of them I guess.

Perhaps Crograunk to A-,
    It does have a wide range of priority move to choose from, and regardless it is still an excellent water check because of Dry Skin and can easily pick off severely weakened targets with Fake Out/Vacuum Wave/Sucker Punch/Bullet Punch. Its Poison-STAB also deters fairies from switching into it, since sludge bomb does enough to them.

7. -Mike-

-Mike- hi

PO Trainer Name:
    Mike Jenkins
    Swirlix is banned.

EDIT: Dwebble probably deserves A/A- now. With Berry Juice unbanned, it can run both Hazard set as well as Shell Smash set.

8. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Edits made:

Larvesta and Dwebble to A-

Slowpoke and Ponyta to A.

9. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    I dont see Darumaka in this list :confused:

It should be B atleast, as it nearly 2HKOes every poke with hustle flare blitz except flash fire pokes. Also it has a great movepool with rock slide/superpower/u-turn. So B atleast in my opinion.

10. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Darumaka to B-

Rufflet to C+

11. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

I would have suggested waiting until current suspects end. But since we're here anyway;
    I think Scraggy is an A tier threat. But not A+, it's lost its ability to set up on Missy, that's pretty big, Knock Off is neat and all but it's not worlds apart from Crunch for Scraggy's purposes.
    Slowpoke is imo B+ or maybe A-, it's also a neat mon with its share of uses. But I don't think it's to the same standard as Magnemite (especially with BJ) or Timburr.
    I think Carvanha is a B tier personally. It's usable but its power is pretty underwhelming these days. Especially with Bjuice around.
    Bronzor is totally E tier.
    I would argue that Clamperl is C or C+, what in C+ can sweep teams like the clam can if given an opportunity? Dratini maybe has similar potential.
    I would also argue that Tyrunt and Shellder should trade places. I think that Shellder is a more potent sweeper than Tyrunt can hope to be. Less Mach and Bullet Punch weakness really helps for a speed boosting sweeper. Fake Out being neutral is not ideal, but it's better than being weak to Mach/Bullet.

12. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Thanks Weavile, I added your changes:

Scraggy to A
    Slowpoke to A- (I made it A- since it checks some huge threats like Meditite)
    Carvanha to B+
    There isn't a E tier yet, so I kept it as D-
    Clamperl to C+
    Shellder to B
    Tyrunt to B-

13. Chlorine Trifluoride

PO Trainer Name:
    Sexy Cat
    Clamperl to C-. Yeah Its devastating if given the chance BUT it is crippled by knock off, weak to priority (more so than shellder and tirt), and lacks bulk due to having to use DST
    Croagunk to A- It walls sturdy smashers without eq to hell and back as well as some of the most common pokes in the tier such as fighting types, chinchou, staryu, lileep and ferroseed. Not to mention its HUGE movepool.
    Bulbasaur to C- Its just as good as the other chlorophyll sweepers. It has /alright/ bulk and access to growth to set it apart from oddish and bellsprout
    Darumaka to C+ It hits hard and but its speed is lack luster forcing it to run a scarf set making it rather easy to force out. Plus hustles accuracy drop is a bitch.

No shelmet on the list? .-.

Its bulk is amazing and it has 2 viable abilities to choose from in shell armor and overcoat, a wide support movepool including spikes, yawn, baton pass, acid armor and encore, reliable recovery and the typing to wall fighting types to hell and back.

D+ please~

14. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Clamperl went to C (please discuss more about this)
    Croagunk to A-
    Shelmet to D
    Bulbasaur to C-
    Darumaka to C+

Also, it will be really helpful if someone makes an E tier. Thanks!

15. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

Couple of opinions, everything I don't comment on I think is fine. Sorry for a lot of bold, I deleted some tags from the OP's post and cba to find and add them.

[/HIDE]

Missing good pokemon:
    Venipede + Purrloin

16. Rioku

Rioku Not again.

PO Trainer Name:
    Shou
    Here goes the E rankings~

E+
    Totodile - Dragon Dance ans Swords dance give this starter some considerable power, it just looses to a bunch or really common stuff like Chinchou.
    Eevee - Powerfull normal attacks that can blow down half of everything. Bad offensive typing and it looses to any fighter.
    Golett - Bulky with good support moves.
    LORD GOOMY - Based should be higher because so based. Goomy is powerful on rain teams with generally good typing and great recovery options. Not so great out of rain.
    Mareep - Not at all bad. The most gay fake out absorber ever. Mareep can hit a decent level of bulk and special attack. 22/18/21 after eviolite with 16 sp atk.
    Sandile - Scarfed moxie isn't bad at all. Can be hard to kill once it gets going. Huge flaw, weak to fighting prio.
    Exeggcute - Great in sun. Gets pwned by Murkrow.

E
    Chimchar - Fake out lead with some decent fire moves. Largely outclassed by other fake out leads.
    Tediursa - Angry bear. Quick feet with Swords Dance and Close Combat is good, but it is so hard to get going.
    Rattata - Got some muscle for a rodent. Can run some sets but generally sucks.
    Duskull - Bulky ghost. Greatly outclassed by Misdreavus.
    Swinub - Lots of multi hit moves and prio in ice shard. Not to shabby. Weak to a lot.
    Binacle - Has shell smash and a good ability. Stopped cold by fight prio and walled by gunk.
    Deino - Wall smasher. Misses everything and has bad typing.
    Seel - Strong in hail. Can break a bunch of things in hail.
    Woobat - Simple + Calm Mind is good and fast set up. Has decent speed too. Gets rekt by Sucker Punch or any physical attacker.
    Smoochum - Good hail attacker.

E-
    Joltik - Somewhat decent offensively with a cool ability in unnerve.
    Skiddo - Has some cool moves.
    Minccino - Has knock off and skill link tail slap.
    Nosepass - Really bulky. Otherwise bad.
    Spheal - Freaking cute with Belly Drum and decent bulk.
    Makuhita - Belly Drum + Prio Fighting. Completely sucks though. May go even lower (if possible), but is still useable.
    Venonat - Amazing support move pool. Bad stats.
    Gulpin - Sticky hold on the eviolite is decent and its not to shabby in bulk.

So I probably missed some stuff, but this is what I think a good E tier would look like. Some of this stuff might go higher (Based Goomy) but I think the majority is about right.

17. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Did all changes fitzy recommended (thanks btw!)

E tier was made!

18. RudeStyle

RudeStyle A year late x D

PO Trainer Name:
    RudeStyle
    You should add goldeen to atleast E+ imo

It can hit 16 speed and attack ( decent ), it gets stronf moves like Drill run,poison jab,waterfall and megahorn

252 Atk Goldeen Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 52 Def Eviolite Chinchou: 12-16 (50 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO imo not bad

its most common set of chinchou btw e_e

19. TGW

TGW CaralloMan

PO Trainer Name:
    CVcrew.PRS
    Mareep should be a bit higher imo. Level C at least perhaps?

Reasons are pretty well explained HERE.

20. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Well, Mareep is only effective against Fake Outers, and it's not the best Electric Pokémon in the metagame it's outclassed by a lot of other Pokémons (Chinchou, Elekid, Magnemite, Helioptile and even Joltik's role is better that's why it went to E+!)

21. Chlorine Trifluoride

PO Trainer Name:
    Sexy Cat
    Lileep is A and B so that's a thing...

Minccino for E+. It is way better than the riff raff that surrounds it. A base 125 STAB move is nothing to scoff at along with the movepool fitting a normal type (t-wave, encore, seed bomb, knock off ect.) and a healthy 17 or 18 speed makes for an okay poke

Nosepass for E. Its bolk is great, its movepool is meh, and its typing sux. Another note is that its low HP makes pain split almost reliable recovery.

By fitzys vulpix logic hipopotas should be B+ to. Its bulk isn't bad at all and drilbur/lileep are still pains to deal with. and it isn't weak to SR~

Scraggy for A again. Fairys/fighting types=ded, it also cant set up as well as it could last gen.

Torchic for A-. Its great and all if you can pull it off...but its so hard to pull off ;-;

Voltorb for D- It hits 20 speed. Annnnnnnnnnd? Its frail as fuck, has a horrid movepool and for all intents and puposes is outclassed by elekid. All its good for is setting rain.

22. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Fixed Lileep's repeat, sorry.

Mincinno went to E+

Hippopotas to B

Nosepass to E

Voltorb to D-

------

And since I can't take a decision about Scraggy and Torchic's rankings, I'll leave the decision to you. Discuss!

23. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    I think the S tier should be rearranged. The 3 Ms are are definitely the top pokes, just not in the right order.

For starters, Missy is the queen of the tier from what I can tell. Although Meditite's raw power is incredible, I find it lacks the movepool and speed to earn it the rank as the top threat. Meanwhile, Missy has access to everything it needs to threaten practically the entire tier: Shadow Ball + Dazzling Gleam provide almost perfect coverage, with several important super-effective hits, while it also gets Thunderbolt and Power Gem (Houndour) for expanded coverage. It can sweep with Nasty Plot, mess up walls with Taunt, cripple physical attackers and walls with Will-o-Wisp, and seppuku out with Destiny Bond. Its typing + ability give it immunities to fairly important types, especially in the realm of priority. On top of that, it hits a lightning fast 19 speed. Missy has to be #1 in my opinion; it just has everything going for it. Murky and Medi are also S tier material, but they don't have quite as many advantages. I'd probably keep Medititie over Murkrow just because of its superb Pure Power priority spam.

For the A tier, I'd say Tirtouga should be higher still; it's ridiculously good with Berry Juice available - it can probably hang between Mienfoo and Pawniard.

I'm not sure how I feel about Magnemite taking such a high place in the tier, though to be fair I haven't used or faced it very much. It seems decent enough, but not enough to warrant A+ tier. The fast-paced Fighter-heavy environment is not good for it in my experience - even with SturdyJuice - so I'd drop it to middle A range, behind Fletchling.

I think Ponyta should be A+, being one of the best physical walls available. Its ability to burn things that contact it makes it extremely useful against top tier threats like Meditite, Pawniard and Mienfoo.

I've literally never seen Trubbish but I'll assume it's that good.

Lastly, Vullaby should be reconsidered; although it's a useful wall with great post-eviolite stats and a good move-pool, it has a lot of drawbacks. Being the (second?) best Defogger available helps it, but the fact that it's also weak to SR shows when it's trying to keep it off the field in a fast-paced environment without Leftovers. If A is the list "Reserved for Pokemon that [...] can sweep, wall, or support the majority of the tier", Vullaby should drop to B+; it doesn't wall even a third of the things in S/A. Not saying it's bad, just I'd much more liken it to Honedge in terms of usefulness.

Oh, and because I've brought it up on the server before, I'll bring it up here. Surskit is extremely useful. 17 speed is not bad at all for a hazard setter, and it can get the job done quickly and effectively. Its fantastic offensive move-pool (Hydro Pump, Scald, Signal Beam, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, etc) with a decent Special Attack enables it to threaten some high tier Pokés, and its typing is very useful defensively. It's not A material, but it should at the very least be put ahead of the other Sticky Web setters. It's twice as fast as Spinarak and with much more versatility and advantages - it walls and can KO Snover, resists three of the most important priorities (Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Aqua Jet), and it can switch into and defeat most Waters and Grounds 1v1. Admittedly, Surskit has its drawbacks, being physically frail and weak to SR, but when you consider all of its advantages, I think fits into the category where its positive traits outshine its negative ones. In a tier where Sticky Web is so good, it seems strange that its most effective deployer is at the bottom of C.

Edit: Also, Onix is a solid SR-setter, and it got buffed considerably by Berry Juice testing. Useful moves include Stealth Rock, STAB SlideQuake, and Explosion (which blocks Defog btw).

Edit2:
    Oh hey, the tiers are alphabetized. My mistake. So, uh, ignore everything I said about micromanaging rankings within sub-tiers (Tirtugou up to Mienfoo etc); I'd assumed everything was deliberately stacked by overall ranking.

List form:
    Ponyta A -> A+
    Magnemite A+ -> A
    Vullaby A- -> B+
    Surskit C- -> B
    Onix C -> B-
    Misdreavus S -> S+?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  24. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura

25. RudeStyle

PO Trainer Name:
    RudeStyle
    There is no need for s+ lol. There is Only three pokemon in S. You could Number them from best to worst :o.

which in my opinion would be :
    1.Misdreavus
    2.Meditite
    3.Murkrow

26. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka

Literally ninja'd me by seconds. Basically that. The intertwined rankings of the top 3 is more important the comparative rankings of things in lower tiers. With 3 pokes there's no point in further dividing the echelon.

27. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    tbh I'll make medals, Misdreavus for Gold obviously. But imo, I think Murkrow should be second and Meditite third. What do you guys think?

28. Whereabouts Unknown

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka

I like this idea.

Medititie and Murkrow are a lot closer in usefulness than to Missy; distinguishing them is hard. Meditite has fantastic priority and good overall bulk + recovery (Drain Punch), and can take apart teams lacking it counters singlehandedly. However, it's walled pretty badly by things like Slowpoke, Honedge, and Vullaby, and its STABs have immunities (see: the other two S mons). Forgoing Psycho Cut for Ice Punch gives up the ability to finish things even like Larvesta and Surskit, and it struggles with 4MSS pretty hard. It isn't that fast and its weaknesses stand out as inhibiting.

Murkrow is solid in the offense department, with a lot of interesting gimmicks available. Brave Bird comes off incredibly powerful, and it can 2HKO basically the entire tier with a Life Orb. Or if you're like me and like the high risk / high reward lifestyle, it can spam crits with Razor Claw+Super Luck, letting it break through basically any physical wall. Prankster is a great ability too, having utility in priority Defog and immediate Roost/CM/Featherdance. It has two immunities and hits 19 speed with Naive/Hasty, and it has a lot of presence, forcing many switches. The only huge drawback is its frailty. It dies if doesn't switch in on Ghost, Ground, Dark or Psychic (or Spore if Insomnia). Brave Bird and Life Orb and Stealth Rock add up fast, and that equals Fake Out KO range.

So both have their strengths and weaknesses, and either can check the other in given circumstances. I'd lean towards Meditite over Murkrow, because there isn't a single team that doesn't benefit from running double-priority off of that huge attack stat.

Edit: Prankster Defog is illegal, oops. Still the fastest Defogger available.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  29. Rioku

Rioku Not again.

PO Trainer Name:
    Shou
    I think you should give a gold, silver, and bronze medal to a Pokemon for each tier. On Meditite and Murkrow~

Meditie:
    This guy hits very hard and can tank quite a few hits. The double priority makes speed negligible in most cases, letting Meditite break most most offensive mons with ease. Drain Punch gives him a fairly reliable recovery options as it OHKOs and 2HKOs almost everything it hits. It's move pool is quite diverse with the elemental punches, making its coverage move hard to predict. On the flip side, Medite is pretty much limited to one role, bulky attacker. Meditite is also countered by Honedge even if it runs Fire Punch. Meditie is completely crippled by a burn and can be beaten at its own priority game by Fletchling.

Murkrow:
    Murkrow is fast and powerful. Prankster lets it have prio sub roost making for great recovery. Murkrow has powerful offenses on both side and an elite speed tier. It is also the fastest effective user of Sucker Punch ensuring that it will out speed anything without a higher priority move. Krow can run multiple different sets such as, rain dancer, defogger, special 'hax' attacker, mixed attacker, physical attacker, sub roost offensive, and even swagger play. Murkrow can be difficult to predict and as such has no true counters. On the flip side, its defenses suck. Murkrow can be killed my many strong STABs and most super effective hits with a decent base power. The bulkier eviolite variants can tank more than the Life Orb ones, and some Murkrow sets can run bulky EV spreads instead of offensive ones.

I think Murkrow deserves the silver over Meditite for the sheer number of effective sets it can run.

30. Noog

Noog So much potential...

Purrloin should be ranked simply for its Prankster Swagger+Foul Play set, at least until a Swagger suspect/ban rolls around. While it only wins ~45% of the time against most offensive Pokémon, it can also cripple or even pick off that Pokémon with priority Swagger, priority Substitute, priority Thunder Wave and a fast Foul Play. Might not be as good as Murkrow at this, but unlike Murkrow it has few other viable sets to use. Probably B~C since Murkrow outclasses it in pure effectiveness.

31. Chlorine Trifluoride

PO Trainer Name:
    Sexy Cat
    WHY IN GODS NAME DID VULLABY GET MOVED DOWN AND DRILBUR STAY IN A?

I think I can speak for most of us when I say that this shouldn't be. Vullaby is the best at what it does, no questions asked. If you wanna get specific and say drilbur spins rather than fogs, notice how staryu who is the best spinner in the tier is also b+. Both are bulkier, vullaby has more utility, staryu has a higher offensive movepool and is faster. All drilbur can claim is stealth rocks and mold breaker.

Can we get this moved to B+ with the others?

32. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Drilbur is a better spinner than Staryu, its rocks break Magic Bounce, it has better offensive presence than Staryu (mold breaker EQ is strong). Vullaby is better than B+ I agree, but Drilbur is better and more useful than Staryu.

33. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    After some discussion Murkrow was made 2nd. Purrloin was made D and Venipede D+.

34. RudeStyle

PO Trainer Name:
    RudeStyle
    I love meditites medal. :o

35. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Removed Meditite's medal because it was just a big advert.
    Removed the other two because the advert wouldn't go away when I removed just Meditite's.
    When you said "I'll make medals"

36. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Uploaded the medals to another host this time. Sorry about the ad that came from nowhere, I have AdBlock on that's why I didn't notice it :x

37. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

No mention of Anorith? Personally I think Anorith should be in B+ / A-. It can do several things, and it does them all well. It can set up Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, sweep with Rock Polish, wallbreak with Swords Dance and be a revenge killer with Choice Scarf. Certainly High B Low A material IMO.

38. Chlorine Trifluoride

PO Trainer Name:
    Sexy Cat
    anorith is in no wayshape or form deserving of anything even CLOSE to the A tier. Support sets are out done by drilbur and tirtouga who have better bulk, abilities and coverage. Rock polish lacks power and is walled to hell and back by several common pokes such as every fighting type in existence and foongus. Swords dance is hurt from missing out on the 19 speed tier (still hits a great 18) and is thus easy to revenge kill. It is also weak to priority (bullet punch, aqua jet and sucker punch (its not weak to that put its gonna hurt coming from common users)).
    Need I go on?

B- at best C at worst imo

39. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    Torchic was made B+, in my opinion it's not a A material and I faced it in some few ladder battles and it wasn't that effective.

Also, people should discuss here more :)

40. Chlorine Trifluoride

PO Trainer Name:
    Sexy Cat
    Can we get drifloon put in D+? or maybe C-? SubCM is killer from testing if you can get unburden to activate. Baton pass is also a unique and fun set to try out if you want to fuck shit up with boosted defenses via Stockpile or a boosted special attack via CM. It also gets amnesia but there isn't much reason to use that unless your running a full BP team.

Archen is better than C :c. Dat 112 attack is nothing to be trifled with and Rock polish/berry juice help with the defeatist and speed problem. Not to mention a base 150 power STAB...
    Course the pivot set is better :v Archens typing is great allowing it to come in on a Flying types of all sorts as well as bunnelby (if you don't get nailed with stone edge).
    its also has several support moves at its disposal such as knock off, roar, stealth rocks, tailwind, defog and U-turn.
    Can we get a B-?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.