1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XY LC Viability Rankings Project

Discussion in 'Gen 6 LC' started by Yagura, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: E.T.
  1. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    I fixed up the thread because it got a little bit changed because of forums changing. ClFl3, all what you said was convincing and I changed the rankings with your suggestions. Keep discussing :]

2. Chlorine Trifluoride

Chlorine Trifluoride You were saying?

PO Trainer Name:
    Sexy Cat
    Murkrows still here~

Anyway obvious change is fletchling to A+/S

Fletchling as we all know is the pioneer to bird spam and murkrows replacement in the current meta. Gale wings is literally the only reason to use it and with it being able to get pas almost all its checks whether via hidden power, natural gift, steel wing or over heat I can saftly say nothing is safe until you figure out that last move. Add in prio recovery, SD and U-turn and you got a pretty good poke

course its bulk is shit, its typing is meh and it can't hold an item but who cares about that

3. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

No mention of Larvitar? I'd put it somewhere in C myself, since it is a good physical sweeper. Guts, Dragon Dance and STAB EdgeQuake make it a formidable late game sweeper, although you do need to get rid of the Mach Punch/Aqua Jet users first.

4. corporallevi

corporallevi New Member

Foongus to S
    Even with the ubiquity of Fletchling, Foongus is a phenomenal pivot, able to effortlessly fit onto a variety of defensive, balanced, and even some offensive teams. Its good defensive typing and access to one of the best defensive abilities available in LC allow it to check a huge number of threats over and over, including Chinchou and Carvanha, and it can be a nuisance once it's in thanks to its status moves. Hidden Power Fighting allows Foongus to win in a 1v1 situation against non-Eviolite Pawniard outside of Iron Head flinches, and a key resistance to Fighting-type attacks makes it a brilliant check to potent threats in Timburr and Mienfoo; this is made even better by how Foongus is able to switch in on these Pokemon repeatedly due to Regenerator. It is able to take the Fighting-types on even when missing its Eviolite, meaning it can act as a pseudo-Knock Off absorber, working especially well with a Mienfoo teammate of its own; the two of them together can take on nearly every common Knock Off user, and because both have Regenerator, can do so throughout the match. Foongus's premier counter, Vullaby, is hardly ever seen, leaving a large number of teams quite Foongus-weak. Fletchling isn't able to switch in on Foongus because Sludge Bomb usually 2HKOs, while Acrobatics does not OHKO, on top of a possible Spore if Sleep Clause isn't activated. Overall, I think Foongus's strengths are notable enough that it is at least able to pull its weight as much as Misdreavus or Fletchling.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Starmaster, Eunoia and sparktrain like this.
  5. OUAzumarill

OUAzumarill Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mr Snake
    Meditite and Misdreavus are both still here even though they both are banned

6. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

A few changes I'd suggest:

Tirtouga: I think it could go in S rank. Its Shell Smash set is an awesome sweeper - you could either go SturdyJuice or Eviolite with Solid Rock. The former is hell to revenge kill, the latter can beat defensive Mienfoo and Timburr. In addition to that it's one of the most reliable Stealth Rock setters in the tier and can completely wall most Flying types.
    Archen: Move up to B. It's a great Defogger, and can run offensive and defensive sets equally well. That 112 base Attack is the 2nd highest in the tier, and Berry Juice and Roost can get around Defeatist
    Taillow: Move up to B. 19 Speed, STAB Facade coming off a 22 Attack (after Guts) is nothing to trifle with
    Gastly: A tier. With Missy gone, it's one of the best offensive Ghosts in the tier. Hitting 19 Speed isn't as important as it used to be, and with its awesome Special Attack and vast movepool nothing that isn't named Munchlax or Lickitung will want to switch in. Even defensive Porygon is 2HKOed most of the time by Sludge Bomb after Stealth Rock: 196 SpAtk Life Orb Levitate Gastly Sludge Bomb vs. 236 HP/76+ SpDef Eviolite Trace Porygon: 9 - 13 (34.6 - 50%) -- 87.9% chance to 2HKO from 90%. Yes it is very frail, but 3 immunities give it switch in opportunities. If Abra deserves A rank, Gastly definitely does too.

7. Dewgong is underrated :(

Dewgong is underrated :( New Member

I think Seel should be in C because.....
    It has hydration, so Rest + Rain dance.
    Perish song
    Aqua Jet
    Fake out
    70 sp.Def.
    It can take out chinchou with Drill Run so......
    PLEASE consider this :)

8. E.T.

E.T. OHHHH YES!!! Tier Leader Channel Leader Articles Leader Tier Leader Channel Leader Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Hi, please note that this thread is old. The current viability rankings can be found here.

Moderators: E.T.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.