1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Final] Chesnaught

Discussion in 'UU Analyses' started by Xdevo, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

[​IMG]

General

Chesnaught is one of the new starters for this gen; unlike Greninja, Chesnaught didn't take OU by storm. However, it finds a great place in UU thanks to a variety of factors. It has amazing physical bulk. A good typing gives Chesnaught an impressive set of resistance to match it's physical bulk. It's movepool is quite useful for creating passive damage; Spikes, Leech Seed, and Spiky Shield all hinder opposing teams. Lastly, its ability, Bulletproof, provides immunity to various projectile attacks which allows Chesnaught to completely shut down some select threats like Roserade. Chesnaught is a valuable member to many stall teams because of all these assets and its ability to counter many physical threats such as Crawdaunt and Terrakion.

Chesnaught does have its bad traits. It's not very fast, 64 speed leaves it outspeed by a lot of the tier, including a number of other walls. Its special defense isn't great either. Together this leaves Chesnaught very vulnerable to special assaults, especially from the likes of MegaGardevoir, Chandelure, and Alakazam. Even for a physical wall, Chesnaught struggles against a few select threats, mainly Victini and Arcanine. Chesnaught also doesn't have much going on outside of its role as a supporter, leaving it as a very one dimensional Pokemon. Even with it's main role, Chesnaught suffers from competition with Deoxys-D, who has a better speed tier, and a more balanced defensive stat total. Lastly, Defog, one of the biggest changes in the 6th Generation, really hinders Chesnaught, especially since some of the main users of the move beat Chesnaught.

Support

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
    Trait: Bulletproof
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed / Synthesis
    - Spiky Shield
    - Hammer Arm / Wood Hammer

Chesnaught's best used as a team supporter, providing Spikes and Leech Seed support for its teammates. Chesnaught can also check a number of physical threats that are quite dangerous in the metagame such as Terrakion, Crawdaunt, and Rhyperior. Chesnaught excels at forcing passive damage to opposing teams; Spikes hurt switches, Leech Seed does damage while healing, and Spiky Shield hinders any attempt to hit Chesnaught with contact moves. Spiky Shield also allows Chesnaught to scout choice users which relieves pressure from unpredictable threats like Victini. Hammer Arm and Wood Hammer are both viable STAB options for Chesnaught. Wood Hammer can leave a nasty sting if its used on high HP targets, while Hammer Arm has an annoying 10% chance to miss and lowers speed. Synthesis is helpful for faster healing, but Leech Seed and Leftovers combined with Spiky Shield generally provide adequate healing. It should be noted that an extra 4-12 EVs can be placed into Speed to outspeed various 65 base speed Pokemon such as Vaporeon, Alomomola, and Gothitelle and damage them before they Wish or boost.

This set really appreciates support from a cleric, like Vaporeon or Mew, as it has a tendency to get statused and Chesnaught does not function well with the extra passive damage. Also, since Chesnaught has an annoying weakness to the various powerful Fire-types in the tier, a bulky Water-type to tank attacks helps create a potent core. If a team can afford the extra teamslot, Chesnaught likes to have Wish support, as its healing method is not entirely reliable (though with Sythesis, this is less of an issue). Lastly, something to spinblock, such as Doublade or Sabeleye, can help keep Chesnaught's spikes on the field.

Other Options

Chesnaught's movepool is surprisingly broad, though none of its options are easy to fit on the support set. The most viable option is Rocky Helmet, which would be run on the standard set instead of Leftovers. It creates even more passive damage at the cost of the extra healing that Leftovers provides. Taunt can force switches and stall Defog users and prevent healing. Roar can be used to force more hazard damage. Lastly, Toxic is the go to option for any wall and can provide extra passive damage.

Chesnaught has a lot of offensive options. Curse, Belly Drum, Swords Dance, Power-Up-Punch, and Bulk Up can all boost Chesnaught's offensive stat, while Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Earthquake and the like all provide coverage for various targets. Choice Band can also be run with these coverage options.

Checks and Counters

A number of Pokemon don't take much from Chesnaught's offensive moves; Chandelure, Salamence, MegaGardevoir (on Hammer Arm Chesnaught), Victini, Arcanine, special Jirachi, Crobat, Scolipede, Toxicroak and so on. However, what Chesnaught's biggest threat is passive damage. Leech Seed, Spiky Shield, and Spikes can all rack up residual damage on many of these Pokemon if it is allowed.

Gourgiest, Trevenant, Florges, and Celebi all get note for being immune to many of Chesnaught's normal residual forms, and getting some form of healing. Zapdos and Mew both shutdown Chesnaught offensively and can Defog away Chesnaught's Spikes. Tentacruel can spin away Chesnaught's hazards, and can use Liquid Ooze to cause Leech Seed to backfire. Gothitelle gets a special note for trapping Chesnaught and OHKOing with Specs Psychic.

Overal, Chesnaught is very weak to statuses and just general special pounding, so hitting it with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic will slowly kill it and powerful special attacks will force it out more often that not.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

Would a pure SubSeeding set be worth adding?

I personally like this:

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Ability: Bulletproof
    Impish nature

-Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Spiky Shield
    -Fighting STAB / Spikes / Taunt

The lower HP actually benefits the set in this case, as less HP means more HP drained by percentage. Between Leech Seed, the Rocky Helmet, and Spiky Shield, opponents will be taking obscene amounts of passive damage. Substitute's there to protect Chesnaught from status, and the last slot is down to choice. A Fighting STAB is obvious, preventing Chesnaught from becoming Taunt bait (I personally like Low Sweep myself, to lower the speed of incoming opponents and make setting up easier. Spikes is also fairly obvious, as Chesnaught is bound to find time to throw out a layer or two (at risk of getting Taunted). And finally, Taunt itself is a fun choice, forcing opponents to attack. It may seem counter-productive with Substitute, however Chesnaught makes great use of it, as it prevents Chesnaught from getting Taunted itself, and it combines well with Spiky Shield (assuming contact moves), meaning it'll be good for forcing switches.

There's probably some reason for mixing and matcing moves, with Substitute being the most expendable.

Thoughts?

3. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    I'd say Spiky Shield is staple as its just indredibly useful, so I'd either only leave Synthesis slashed with Leech Seed or move it to set comments.

4. Xdevo

I really don't see subseed being any good in uu; it's extremely slow and with things like infiltrators, its not really safe even with a sub.

If you wanted to use sub seed, then whimsicott and co would be better.

5. Daybreak

Daybreak can't touch this

PO Trainer Name:
    Daybreak
    agreeing with xdevo on this one, sub seeding sounds good on paper but in practice it is not really good at all. Also the ev spread mentioned doesn't allow chesnaught to take on some of the biggest physical threats in the game like diggersby.

252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 175-208 (46 - 54.7%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 175-208 (55 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also yeah agreeing with afro on spiky shield. It's one of chesnaught's moves that makes this set so good, being able to recover a lot with leech seed, scouting opponent's moves while potentially getting damage with the shield.

You could also throw in stone edge as your attacking option for zapdos in set comments since it is one of the best switch ins to chesnaught atm. It also deals with the fire type switch ins.

Not really necessary but you could also slap rocky helmet for the physical threats so that a lot of their sashes get ruined, but that one is up to you

Finally in checks and counters I would single out victini, arcanine, darmanitan, and crobat (most of the physically attacking threats) since although they can force chesnaught out, after stealth rocks, spikes, or leech seed and a spiky shield, they are left at around 63-73%. I know you mentioned this with mega gardevoir, chandelure, special rachi, and salamence but those take even more from residual compared to them.

Nice analysis

6. Xdevo

I'll unslash sythesis on spiky shield.

I'll change the CC thing when I write it up to separate special and physical threats because of the extra residual stuff.

I don't see Stone Edge being that great on the main set, while it does hit Zapdos, it makes you lose to a lot of things that you should be always be beating; Breloom, Crawdaunt, Terrakion, Diggersby, etc.

I can definitely mention it with CB and an offensive set, but I don't see it being viable on a support set.

Rocky Helmet to OO.

7. Epikhairz

Epikhairz Delta Stream

PO Trainer Name:
    Epikhairz
    In the last bullet of General, specify which Pokemon or moves Bulletproof can actually shut down; examples that pop into my head right away are Sludge Bomb users like Roserade (Roserade is actually completely shut down if it doesn't have HP Fire), though I guess Chesnaught can also switch in on a Choice-locked Shadow Ball from the likes of Chandelure if it predicts well, though its a massive risk that it most likely won't want to take

Other than that this analysis looks good :]

QC 1/2

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  8. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Yeah go in to more detail on the usefulness of Bulletproof, and ill look over C+C, other than that approved

QC 2/2

-----------------------------------------------------

Add Gourgeist, Trevenant, Florges and Celebi as Defensive Counters, and Toxicroak and Scolipede as Offensive Checks, they don't like Leech Seed but can set up for basically free on it.

Also maybe mention in set comments that if you don't require Chesnaught to Spike you can run Roar/Toxic or Dual STAB in its place.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  9. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

Tentacruel's probably worth mentioning, too. It isn't common (though more common than Chesnaught lol), but with Liquid Ooze and Rapid Spin, it effectively counteracts everything Chesnaught can attempt, and can fight back as long as it's running Ice Beam for coverage.

10. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    QC 3/2 :)

I think Rocky Helmet is by far the most viable OO point and should be moved to the first thing listed - not too big of an issue, just my OCD nitpicks as the skeleton's very well done and doesn't need much critique.

11. Xdevo

I think I added everything except the bulletproof thing, which I'll add when I have more time later.

I'll get to writing this up shortly (probably Saturday)

Finchinator likes this.
  12. Xdevo

It only took me a month to write this!

Yeah finished if anyone wants to look for subject changes now.

13. Epikhairz

Epikhairz Delta Stream

PO Trainer Name:
    Epikhairz
    content looks good, but there seems to be grammar issues littered throughout the analysis. hopefully GP team can fix that when the team finally gets formed in the next couple years or so (!), or i might do an unofficial GP check of my own if im feeling not too lazy

14. Xdevo

Removed mentions of Diggersby / MegaHera (only digs was there)

15. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

16. RedJoker25

RedJoker25 Resident Lurker Server Moderator Article Contributor Server Moderator Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    RedJoker25
    grammar and whatnot

{{Header}}
    {{tier|ORAS UU}}
    {{Overview|Chesnaught is one of the new starters for generation VI; unlike Greninja, Chesnaught didn't take OU by storm. However, it finds a great place in UU thanks to a variety of factors. A good typing gives Chesnaught an impressive set of resistances to match its amazing physical bulk. It's movepool is quite useful for creating passive damage; Spikes, Leech Seed, and Spiky Shield all hinder opposing teams. Lastly, its ability Bulletproof provides immunity to various projectile attacks which allows Chesnaught to completely shut down select threats like Roserade. Chesnaught is a valuable member to many stall teams because of these assets and its ability to counter physical threats such as Crawdaunt and Terrakion.

Chesnaught does have its bad traits, however. It's not fast: 64 Speed leaves it outsped by a lot of the tier, including a number of other walls. Its Special Defense isn't great either. Together, this leaves Chesnaught vulnerable to special assaults, especially from the likes of Mega Gardevoir, Chandelure, and Alakazam. Even for a physical wall, Chesnaught struggles against a few select threats, mainly Victini and Arcanine. Chesnaught also doesn't have much going on outside of its role as a supporter, leaving it as a very one dimensional Pokémon. Even with its main role, Chesnaught suffers from competition with Deoxys-D, who has a better Speed tier, and a more balanced defensive stat total. Lastly, Defog, one of the biggest changes in the generation VI, really hinders Chesnaught, especially since some of the main users of the move beat it.}}

{{set|Support|
    Chesnaught @ Leftovers
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed / Synthesis
    - Spiky Shield
    }}
    {{Comments|Chesnaught is best used as a team supporter, providing Spikes and Leech Seed support for its teammates. Chesnaught can also check a number of physical threats that are quite dangerous in the metagame such as Terrakion, Crawdaunt, and Rhyperior. Chesnaught excels at forcing passive damage on opposing teams; Spikes hurt switches, Leech Seed does damage while healing, and Spiky Shield hinders any attempt to hit Chesnaught with contact moves. Spiky Shield also allows Chesnaught to scout Choice item users which relieves pressure from unpredictable threats like Victini. Hammer Arm and Wood Hammer are both viable STAB options for Chesnaught. Wood Hammer can leave a nasty sting if used on high HP targets, while Hammer Arm has an annoying 10% chance to miss and lowers Speed. Synthesis is helpful for faster healing, but Leech Seed and Leftovers combined with Spiky Shield generally provide adequate recovery. It should be noted that an extra 4-12 EVs can be placed into Speed to outspeed various 65 base Speed Pokémon such as Vaporeon, Alomomola, and Gothitelle and damage them before they Wish or boost.

This set appreciates support from a cleric, like Vaporeon or Mew, as it has a tendency to get statused and Chesnaught does not function well with the extra passive damage. Also, since Chesnaught has a weakness to the various powerful Fire-types in the tier, a bulky Water-type to tank attacks helps create a potent core. If a team can afford the extra teamslot, Chesnaught likes to have Wish support, as its recovery method is not entirely reliable (though with Synthesis, this is less of an issue). Lastly, something to spinblock, such as Doublade or Sableye, can help keep Chesnaught's spikes on the field.}}

{{Options|Chesnaught's movepool is surprisingly broad, though none of its options are easy to fit on the support set. The most viable option is Rocky Helmet, which would be run on the standard set instead of Leftovers. It creates even more passive damage at the cost of the extra healing that Leftovers provides. Taunt can force switches, stall Defog users, and prevent recovery. Roar can be used to force more hazard damage. Lastly, Toxic is the go-to option for any wall and can provide extra passive damage.

Chesnaught has a lot of offensive options. Curse, Belly Drum, Swords Dance, Power-Up-Punch, and Bulk Up can all boost Chesnaught's offensive stat, while Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Earthquake and the like provide coverage for various targets. Choice Band can also be run with these coverage options.}}

{{Checks|A number of Pokémon don't take much from Chesnaught's offensive moves: Chandelure, Salamence, Mega Gardevoir (on Hammer Arm Chesnaught), Victini, Arcanine, special Jirachi, Crobat, Scolipede, Toxicroak and so on. However, Chesnaught's biggest threat is the passive damage it inflicts. Leech Seed, Spiky Shield, and Spikes can all rack up residual damage on these Pokémon if it is allowed.

Gourgiest, Trevenant, Florges, and Celebi all get note for being immune to many of Chesnaught's normal residual forms and getting some form of healing. Zapdos and Mew both shut down Chesnaught offensively and can Defog away Chesnaught's Spikes. Tentacruel can spin away Chesnaught's hazards, while Liquid Ooze causes Leech Seed to backfire. Gothitelle gets a special note for trapping Chesnaught and OHKOing with Specs Psychic.

Overall, Chesnaught is weak to status and general special pounding, so hitting it with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic will slowly kill it while powerful special attacks will force it out more often than not.}}

{{footer}}

General

Chesnaught is one of the new starters for generation VI; unlike Greninja, Chesnaught didn't take OU by storm. However, it finds a great place in UU thanks to a variety of factors. A good typing gives Chesnaught an impressive set of resistances to match its amazing physical bulk. It's movepool is quite useful for creating passive damage; Spikes, Leech Seed, and Spiky Shield all hinder opposing teams. Lastly, its ability Bulletproof provides immunity to various projectile attacks which allows Chesnaught to completely shut down select threats like Roserade. Chesnaught is a valuable member to many stall teams because of these assets and its ability to counter physical threats such as Crawdaunt and Terrakion.

Chesnaught does have its bad traits, however. It's not fast: 64 Speed leaves it outsped by a lot of the tier, including a number of other walls. Its Special Defense isn't great either. Together, this leaves Chesnaught vulnerable to special assaults, especially from the likes of Mega Gardevoir, Chandelure, and Alakazam. Even for a physical wall, Chesnaught struggles against a few select threats, mainly Victini and Arcanine. Chesnaught also doesn't have much going on outside of its role as a supporter, leaving it as a very one dimensional Pokémon. Even with its main role, Chesnaught suffers from competition with Deoxys-D, who has a better Speed tier, and a more balanced defensive stat total. Lastly, Defog, one of the biggest changes in the generation VI, really hinders Chesnaught, especially since some of the main users of the move beat it.

Support

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed / Synthesis
    - Spiky Shield

Chesnaught is best used as a team supporter, providing Spikes and Leech Seed support for its teammates. Chesnaught can also check a number of physical threats that are quite dangerous in the metagame such as Terrakion, Crawdaunt, and Rhyperior. Chesnaught excels at forcing passive damage on opposing teams; Spikes hurt switches, Leech Seed does damage while healing, and Spiky Shield hinders any attempt to hit Chesnaught with contact moves. Spiky Shield also allows Chesnaught to scout Choice item users which relieves pressure from unpredictable threats like Victini. Hammer Arm and Wood Hammer are both viable STAB options for Chesnaught. Wood Hammer can leave a nasty sting if used on high HP targets, while Hammer Arm has an annoying 10% chance to miss and lowers Speed. Synthesis is helpful for faster healing, but Leech Seed and Leftovers combined with Spiky Shield generally provide adequate recovery. It should be noted that an extra 4-12 EVs can be placed into Speed to outspeed various 65 base Speed Pokémon such as Vaporeon, Alomomola, and Gothitelle and damage them before they Wish or boost.

This set appreciates support from a cleric, like Vaporeon or Mew, as it has a tendency to get statused and Chesnaught does not function well with the extra passive damage. Also, since Chesnaught has a weakness to the various powerful Fire-types in the tier, a bulky Water-type to tank attacks helps create a potent core. If a team can afford the extra teamslot, Chesnaught likes to have Wish support, as its recovery method is not entirely reliable (though with Synthesis, this is less of an issue). Lastly, something to spinblock, such as Doublade or Sableye, can help keep Chesnaught's spikes on the field.

Other Options

Chesnaught's movepool is surprisingly broad, though none of its options are easy to fit on the support set. The most viable option is Rocky Helmet, which would be run on the standard set instead of Leftovers. It creates even more passive damage at the cost of the extra healing that Leftovers provides. Taunt can force switches, stall Defog users, and prevent recovery. Roar can be used to force more hazard damage. Lastly, Toxic is the go-to option for any wall and can provide extra passive damage.

Chesnaught has a lot of offensive options. Curse, Belly Drum, Swords Dance, Power-Up-Punch, and Bulk Up can all boost Chesnaught's offensive stat, while Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Earthquake and the like provide coverage for various targets. Choice Band can also be run with these coverage options.

Checks and Counters

A number of Pokémon don't take much from Chesnaught's offensive moves: Chandelure, Salamence, Mega Gardevoir (on Hammer Arm Chesnaught), Victini, Arcanine, special Jirachi, Crobat, Scolipede, Toxicroak and so on. However, Chesnaught's biggest threat is the passive damage it inflicts. Leech Seed, Spiky Shield, and Spikes can all rack up residual damage on these Pokémon if it is allowed.

Gourgiest, Trevenant, Florges, and Celebi all get note for being immune to many of Chesnaught's normal residual forms and getting some form of healing. Zapdos and Mew both shut down Chesnaught offensively and can Defog away Chesnaught's Spikes. Tentacruel can spin away Chesnaught's hazards, while Liquid Ooze causes Leech Seed to backfire. Gothitelle gets a special note for trapping Chesnaught and OHKOing with Specs Psychic.

Overall, Chesnaught is weak to status and general special pounding, so hitting it with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic will slowly kill it while powerful special attacks will force it out more often than not.

General

Chesnaught is one of the new starters for this gengeneration VI; unlike Greninja, Chesnaught didn't take OU by storm. However, it finds a great place in UU thanks to a variety of factors. It has amazing physical bulk. A good typing gives Chesnaught an impressive set of resistances to match it's amazing physical bulk. It's movepool is quite useful for creating passive damage; Spikes, Leech Seed, and Spiky Shield all hinder opposing teams. Lastly, its ability, Bulletproof, provides immunity to various projectile attacks which allows Chesnaught to completely shut down some select threats like Roserade. Chesnaught is a valuable member to many stall teams because of all these assets and its ability to counter many physical threats such as Crawdaunt and Terrakion.

Chesnaught does have its bad traits, however. It's not very fast,: 64 sSpeed leaves it outspeed by a lot of the tier, including a number of other walls. Its sSpecial dDefense isn't great either. Together, this leaves Chesnaught very vulnerable to special assaults, especially from the likes of Mega Gardevoir, Chandelure, and Alakazam. Even for a physical wall, Chesnaught struggles against a few select threats, mainly Victini and Arcanine. Chesnaught also doesn't have much going on outside of its role as a supporter, leaving it as a very one dimensional Pokeémon. Even with it's main role, Chesnaught suffers from competition with Deoxys-D, who has a better sSpeed tier, and a more balanced defensive stat total. Lastly, Defog, one of the biggest changes in the 6th Ggeneration VI, really hinders Chesnaught, especially since some of the main users of the move beat Chesnaughit.

Support

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed / Synthesis
    - Spiky Shield

Chesnaught' is best used as a team supporter, providing Spikes and Leech Seed support for its teammates. Chesnaught can also check a number of physical threats that are quite dangerous in the metagame such as Terrakion, Crawdaunt, and Rhyperior. Chesnaught excels at forcing passive damage ton opposing teams; Spikes hurt switches, Leech Seed does damage while healing, and Spiky Shield hinders any attempt to hit Chesnaught with contact moves. Spiky Shield also allows Chesnaught to scout cChoice item users which relieves pressure from unpredictable threats like Victini. Hammer Arm and Wood Hammer are both viable STAB options for Chesnaught. Wood Hammer can leave a nasty sting if its used on high HP targets, while Hammer Arm has an annoying 10% chance to miss and lowers sSpeed. Synthesis is helpful for faster healing, but Leech Seed and Leftovers combined with Spiky Shield generally provide adequate healingrecovery. It should be noted that an extra 4-12 EVs can be placed into Speed to outspeed various 65 base sSpeed Pokeémon such as Vaporeon, Alomomola, and Gothitelle and damage them before they Wish or boost.

This set really appreciates support from a cleric, like Vaporeon or Mew, as it has a tendency to get statused and Chesnaught does not function well with the extra passive damage. Also, since Chesnaught has an annoying weakness to the various powerful Fire-types in the tier, a bulky Water-type to tank attacks helps create a potent core. If a team can afford the extra teamslot, Chesnaught likes to have Wish support, as its healingrecovery method is not entirely reliable (though with Synthesis, this is less of an issue). Lastly, something to spinblock, such as Doublade or Sabeleye, can help keep Chesnaught's spikes on the field.

Other Options

Chesnaught's movepool is surprisingly broad, though none of its options are easy to fit on the support set. The most viable option is Rocky Helmet, which would be run on the standard set instead of Leftovers. It creates even more passive damage at the cost of the extra healing that Leftovers provides. Taunt can force switches and, stall Defog users, and prevent healingrecovery. Roar can be used to force more hazard damage. Lastly, Toxic is the go -to option for any wall and can provide extra passive damage.

Chesnaught has a lot of offensive options. Curse, Belly Drum, Swords Dance, Power-Up-Punch, and Bulk Up can all boost Chesnaught's offensive stat, while Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Earthquake and the like all provide coverage for various targets. Choice Band can also be run with these coverage options.

Checks and Counters

A number of Pokeémon don't take much from Chesnaught's offensive moves;: Chandelure, Salamence, Mega Gardevoir (on Hammer Arm Chesnaught), Victini, Arcanine, special Jirachi, Crobat, Scolipede, Toxicroak and so on. However, what Chesnaught's biggest threat is the passive damage it inflicts. Leech Seed, Spiky Shield, and Spikes can all rack up residual damage on many of these Pokeémon if it is allowed.

Gourgiest, Trevenant, Florges, and Celebi all get note for being immune to many of Chesnaught's normal residual forms, and getting some form of healing. Zapdos and Mew both shut down Chesnaught offensively and can Defog away Chesnaught's Spikes. Tentacruel can spin away Chesnaught's hazards, and can uswhile Liquid Ooze to causes Leech Seed to backfire. Gothitelle gets a special note for trapping Chesnaught and OHKOing with Specs Psychic.

Overall, Chesnaught is very weak to statuses and just general special pounding, so hitting it with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic will slowly kill it andwhile powerful special attacks will force it out more often thatn not.

stuff should be same between spoiler tags, mentions of deo-d and mega garde should prob be removed, idk what people who look over these want to do with it.