1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XY NU Creative Movesets

Discussion in 'Gen 6 NU' started by Finchinator, May 2, 2014.

1. topah

topah Active Member

[​IMG]
    Uxie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Imprison
    - Stealth Rock
    - Knock Off
    - U-Turn/ Thunder Wave

Imprison works as a different version of taunt, the bonus of it being that it lasts as long as you stay in AND it blocks attacks. I figured everyone abuses Knock Off so much this is a actual way to prevent it from being used. Chances are their Stealth Rock user is slower and will also be hit by Imprison first. The fourth move is optional but U-Turn seems to be best as once you switch out, they can use their moves again so take them out before that happens or just build momentum if they switch out. While U-Turn would be a great imprison move as well, there aren't many users of it in the tier and those that do have it threaten it greatly (looking at you scyther). But you can use Thunder Wave or any other move there too. There isn't really another good move that Uxie can use to take advantage of Imprison even more, but by all means try something else. Jolly makes it faster then every SR user barring other +Speed Uxies and faster then all Knock Off users besides Zoroark.

edit: imprison does not need to be reapplied until you switch out, even if the opposing mon does (who knew)
    edit2: this actually works better on mesprit since it can actually dent with knock off
    edit3: imprison works on /all/ of the opponents pokemon

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

[​IMG]
    Haunter @ Black Sludge
    Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
    EV: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Substitute
    Will-O-Wisp
    Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb

Most of Haunter's switch ins (Skuntank, Drapion) will absolutely hate a Burn. Come in on something you scare out, set up a Substitute and then start throwing Burns around. Haunter's great 115 special attack ensures it won't be set up fodder. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb get STAB, and do good damage to anything not resisting them that isn't a special wall. EVs are self explanatory - since Haunter has no bulk at all, there's no point running anything else.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  3. Incon

Incon I feel incapable of seeing the end.

[​IMG]
    Magneton @ Eviolite
    Trait: Analytic
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Def
    Volt Switch
    Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon
    Hidden Power Fire / Grass

While Magneton certainly isn't something out of the depths of NU, this moveset takes a different approach when using our favorite magnet trio. Instead of using the common Choice Scarf / Specs, this set takes advantage of its bulk alongside Eviolite, great defensive typing, while still keeping its offensive prowess in tact. Analytic is the true gem of the set, increasing the power of Magneton's abilities when it moves second or when the opponent switches. This ability alongside a great special attack stat does tons of damage and turns Magneton into a strong bulky pivot or wall breaker. The chosen EV spread maximizes bulkiness while allowing it to hit as hard as possible. With Eviolite and a maxed HP stat, Magneton can tank a lot of hits well making it a great bulky pivot. The spread could probably be optimized to outspeed certain threats, but I'm too lazy to figure that out right now. The chosen moveset maximizes coverage. Hidden Power is optional as both choices hit different threats. HP Fire is good for annoying Grass-Types, while HP Grass is good for surprising Ground-Types. Because Specs and Scarf are the more popular choices, this set has a really good surprise factor and is really effective with proper teambuilding.

4. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    [​IMG]
    Savage (Aurorus) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Refrigerate
    EVs: 20 Def / 252 SAtk / 236 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Rock Polish
    - Ancient Power
    - Freeze-Dry
    - Nature Power

Lemme lay it down real quick, Aurorus is a fuckin savage, hence the nickname. Ancient Power is ther for STAB, crisp boosts and coverage on Fire types, Freeze Dry is there to lay a hurting on Water types like Jellicent and Vaporeon, and finally Nature Power = Tri Attack + Refrigerate = 104bp STAB Ice attack, which has the added bonus of avoiding Sucker Punch. EV's allow you to outspeed Scarf Braviary after a RP.

I've been running it with Hippo for the Sp Def boost in sandstorm, and Xatu for absorbing Mach Punches and deflecting Rocks. can also run Dugtrio or Scarf Magneton to remove Magneton and Probopass etc. or you can run HP Ground urself.

Aurorus drinking game:
    -Take a shot every time someone tries to revenge kill you with Sucker Punch
    -Take a shot every time you get an Ancient Power boost

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  5. topah

topah Active Member

[​IMG]
    Regigigas @ Leftovers
    Trait: Slow Start
    EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Frustration
    - Substitute

This is fun and a lot easier to use then confuse ray + thunder wave + sub and other sets of the like. Basically just attack right off the bat and sub when neccesary. Pup pairs good with slow start (if you can call slow start 'good') since during those 5 turns its more about surviving then KOing and its the only way to raise its attack. 172 Hp evs for 101 subs, not that anything in NU really uses seismic or whatever but its still makes its subs harder to break by weak attackers. Max attack gives it 230 attack during slow start which deals /ok/ damage but gets better after a pup. Spend the 5 turns surviving and raising your attack then sweep everything with frustration/knock off. Its really cool when you finally survive and then suddenly your attack doubles astronomically. :3

atk before slow start/ after
    +0 230 / 460
    +1 345 / 690
    +2 460 / 920
    +3 575 / 1150

Arceus_17 and Daybreak like this.
  6. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    [​IMG]

Virizion @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge

A very efficient HO set with Lum Berry equipped, just because NU is plagued by Will-O-Wispers and other status problem inducing pokemon, so I thought it would be much reliable to use this rather than Life Orb sets, and besides, this looks creative. In esence, Leaf Blade and Close Combat are Virizion's main weapons and STAB moves. It could deal with lots of things within the NU tier, like Scrafty, shiftry, vaporeon, Eviolite Magneton, sleep powder users, etcetera etcetera. So basically sending out Virizion against those would make them force to switch out and bring in common virizion threats, such like Specs Moltres, Ninetales, Sigilyph, Xatu, and other pokemon that either hit Virizion on its Grass type, or its Fighting type, here's where Stone Edge and Swords Dance crack in. In the same turn any pokemon weak against virizion's moves switches out (And if you have good prediction skills), the obvious thing you're going to do is use Swords Dance to get pumped up, and the opponent will switch into a pokemon that heavily threats virizion, mostly fire types. But virizion once SD's can OHKO them all, specs moltres, ninetales (even with close combat is a OHKO so derp), Xatu, Sigilyph (Even if Virizion and Sigi face each other, no switch in case, and it uses Psycho shift to pass the burn, you got Lum Berry!), Delphox, though, after all, stone edge tends to miss just when you most need it, so taking advantage of the SD and kill them with the risk of missing or switching out into a safe check or counter is up to the player's choice. Close Combat + SD can OHKO many other mons switching in like Hariyama (Unless it has Bulk Up or Defense investment), Hitmonchan, Poliwrath, even Druddigon (If its using AV and no defense investment, otherwise its a guaranteed 2HKO).

EDIT: RIP Moltres from XY NU

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Arceus_17 likes this.
  7. Dr. Doom

[​IMG]
    Duosion @ Eviolite
    Trait: Magic Guard
    Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
    EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Calm Mind
    Psychic / Psyshock
    Hidden Power Ground / Signal Beam
    Recover

Now Braviary's gone (sob), if stall teams are a problem for you where do you go? Call the adorable jelly blob Duosion. With Magic Guard, Toxic isn't a problem and with Recover you can heal off the weak attacks most stall teams use. Calm Mind makes Duosion more powerful and harder to take down. Psychic is more powerful, while Psyshock can be used if you're worried about Calm Mind wars. Hidden Power Ground OHKOs offensive Magneton and 2HKOs 252/0 Skuntank at +1 (although you still shouldn't be staying in on Skuntank anyway), while Signal Beam can be used to hit opposing Psychic and Dark types for super effective damage. EVs maximise physical bulk with Eviolite being used to patch up Duosion's not so good defences.

8. Arceus_17

Arceus_17 Avoid eye contact

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    [​IMG]
    Delibird @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Insomnia / Vital Spirit n.n
    Timid Nature (+ Spe, -Atk)
    30 Spe Iv's
    Ev's: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Destiny Bond
    - Freeze-Dry / Ice Beam

With worse stats than 90% of Little Cup Pokémon, this thing is one of those Pokémon that you never appear to consider in a serious team. However, this cute little penguin (?) has a surprisingly rich support movepool that few other pokemon share in NU.
    It performs specially well against Smeargle leads, shrugging off Spore and Spiin the hazards away.

Edit 1 : 30 Speed IVs or even Modest Nature are better options. so you're always slower than Smeargle.

Edit 2: Freeze-Dry is an option over Ice Beam

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Zoroark likes this.
  9. Dr. Doom

[​IMG]
    Jellicent @ Choice Specs
    Trait :Water Absorb
    Modest Nature (+SAtk -Atk)
    EV: 92 HP / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
    Water Spout
    Shadow Ball / Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Energy Ball

These days, Jellicent is used almost exclusively as a wall, but it's much more powerful than you might think. As Expould and Victini showed the world, when you've got powerful STABs you can get away with weaker attack stats. Water Spout is the powerful STAB, and at full health 2HKOs anything not resisting it. The second slot is dedicated to a reliable STAB - choose Shadow Ball if you want to hit Psychic and Ghost types hard, while Hydro Pump is much more powerful. Ice Beam hits the Grass and Dragon types that resist Water Spout super effectively; Energy Ball hits the Water types that resist Water Spout. The EVs maximise special attack with enough speed to outrun 0 Spd Gallade. The rest is in HP for bulk. Water Absorb is chosen to potentially keep Water Spout's power as high as possible. Still not convinced? Here are some calcs to show what this set's capable of:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Gallade: 178-211 (52.3 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chesnaught: 191-225 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Druddigon: 164-193 (45.8 - 53.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Weezing: 405-477 (121.2 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Vileplume: 164-193 (46.3 - 54.5%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Amoonguss: 202-238 (46.7 - 55%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 252-298 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lanturn: 208-246 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Sol de Jote and Zoroark like this.
  10. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    why would you use delibird when froslass exists??? (also shuckle>smeargle)

Tauros (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Retaliate
    - Return
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

fun underrated revenge killer retaliate is really strong and it has good coverage with other moves. very fast i dont think much outspeeds it no other common faster revenge killer (i never seen like scarf cinccino or something) so it's really nice vs other offensive teams. adamant is also possible choice but slower than stuff like typhlosion

scrappy flame orb swellow is also really good

Sol de Jote, topah and Incon like this.
  11. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

[​IMG]
    Camerupt (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Solid Rock
    EVs: 220 HP / 36 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock / Protect
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar
    - Earth Power

Camerupt is a king. There are better mon but better mon aren't quite as fun. Camerupt's dual STAB is pretty cool and its movepool has all it needs to have. Its defenses are fairly mediocre (read: shit) though (70/70/75) but Electric and Fire-type resistances are kinda neat while Water and Ground-type weaknesses are shit in equal measure even with Solid Rock. You can give it 88 speed EVs to outspeed 4 speed base 50s like Regirock and Vileplume (fuck speed creepers) but it's a big hit to take to them defensive EVs. You probably shouldn't be using Camerupt for any serious reasons but he's always good fun to have around for those somewhat rare times that he does perform well.
    He does have W-o-W but Lava Plume is more my thing. Protect is for if you're using something less bad to get your Rocks off.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Incon likes this.
  12. Yui.

Yui. Member

Ummm....so I'd like to point out that camerupt is a perfectly viable pokemon that can be used on serious NU teams. It's not the strongest mon, but often I find it synergizes perfectly on my teams, and it generally performs fairly well. But that aside, I'ma lay down a few sets, I guess.

Regice @ Assault Vest
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
    - Frost Breath
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast
    - Ancient Power

This guy here eats up special hits better than the best of special walls, being able to take a life orbed fire blast from the now banned fox fairly comfortably (compared to anything else getting hit by that SE). It actually hits very hard and has amazing coverage, though you might wanna run a different coverage move over ancient power because I had it for specific reasons. I have used this set extensively and can vouch for its awesomeness. Problem ofc being that regice has shit typing and no lefties even, but even without a wishpasser, I have seen it have surprising longevity in battles.

huloo (Sceptile) (F) @ Power Herb
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 124 HP / 96 Def / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Solar Beam
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast

This is a set to make use of sceptile's nice ability that was nerfed by the loss of gems (normal gem doesn't work too well). Not sure why rash, probably can't run one of the moves without that nature, or maybe just an error. Anyways, this thing has performed consistently well in battle, and still outspeeds max base 80s with only 36 EVs in speed and without nature, which allows it to get some bulk to deal with the abundance of prio.

Mothim (M) @ Choice Band [aka No Chex Item]
    Trait: Tinted Lens <--- Money Maker.
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - U-turn -- Click to win
    - Aerial Ace -- Don't switch/donk chesnaught
    - Sleep Talk -- sleep fodder 2
    - {Not needed cuz coverage useless}
    No chex.

13. Sakuya Izayoi

Sakuya Izayoi love to hate

Isn't Leaf storm+White Herb better than solar beam? 130bp>120 imo. I guess solarbeam works against sun teams, but most sun teams pack a lot of grass-resists anyway and Sceptile isn't going to muscle past Ninetales or Victreebel anytime soon. I guess 90bp sucks too :{

EDIT: HEH NINJA'd

14. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    Probably want to use Leaf Storm > Solarbeam and use White Herb because both are a one time use except you can use Leaf Storm twice and shit like that, Dragon Pulse obviously hits shit like Dragalge and checks like that, and soon it'll hit Noivern that just dropped down. But there's absolutely no reason to use Solarbeam because it's just a one-time thing, while if you lose White Herb and Leaf Storm then you can use Leaf Storm the rest of the game without that one-turn wait and one wasted turn in Pokemon is basically asking to be set-up on or gives your opponent then initiative which is detrimental to yourself and stuff like that.

Speed isn't really too important because you'll never have a need to outpace +2 Pokemon like Porygon-Z / Lilligant / Venomoth but I suggest taking your Focus Blast and changing for Acrobatics and putting the HP and Def into Attack so you can damage Venomoth and Lilligant because rn you're just set-up fodder which is annoying. Focus Blast isn't too important currently. I guess it OHKOs Normal-types that normally take 80% or something from Leaf Storm.

No idea why you run Rash without an Attack but run Acrobatics seriously it's much better

15. Yui.

Yui. Member

In response to those who say solar beam is inferior to leaf storm: I would like to point out that leaf storm has SWEG. The #SWEG factor is literally the only reason to use solar beam over leaf storm (unless hyper paranoid about missing), so I do see your point. I made that set during a solar beam/power herb on everything phaze :P Also cased, I remember now that it's rash because I ran acro before trying dragon pulse (I'm pretty sloppy with building lol). Acrobatics wasn't very useful unless I ran so much physical attack that it might as well be a full blown physical set (maybe physical with leaf storm could work). Also mothim is no joke pls don't pretend you didn't see that god.

16. Dr. Doom

Band Mothim is terrible. Specs maybe, since you then have the more powerful STABs in Bug Buzz and Air Slash. And no checks? Please. Magneton says hi!

17. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Tinted Lens also says hi!

But the sets are still trash, pls Yui, you're getting close to Case territory with these 'innovations'.

East's Mascot likes this.
  18. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    smd afro you're jealous i innovated psychic spiritomb, and speaking of psychic tomb,,,

Spiritomb (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Infiltrator
    EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spd
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Psychic
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit / Foul Play
    - Will-O-Wisp / Foul Play

You hit some cool shit, you can potentially 2hko Gurdurr with the tiniest of previous damage or hazards, 2hko Weezing as well, and it generally hits most of the shit that potentially checks or counters Spiritomb which is pretty cool I guess. I noticed the amount of Lum Croaks rise so I wanted to see how viable Psychic was and it's pretty good. Foul Play is a viable option for a lot of Pokemon, hits a lot of Pokemon surprisingly hard and it makes sure nothing can really set-up I guess, Psychic hits shit hard and anything that can take on a Psychic/Sucker or w.e move you decide to doesn't really appreciate Wisp, besides shit with self-healing but wisps can be annoying for them. Great set and it was used to success when New Breed used it against Daybreak because it removed a Virizion from play,,, and hit Weezing p hard, he didn't have a safe switch-in which showed the lethalness of the set

19. Daybreak

Daybreak can't touch this

PO Trainer Name:
    Daybreak
    u crit my virizion with psychic smh

20. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Jynx (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Oblivious
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Counter
    - Taunt
    - Ice Beam
    - Lovely Kiss

It's a threat I swear. (fuk Froslass Taunts)

ZoroDark likes this.
  21. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

[​IMG]
    bIRD KACAW (Swellow) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Scrappy
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Boomburst
    - Air Slash
    - U-turn
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

KACAW! Ok Specs Swellow may look terrible on paper because of its pitiful base 50 Special Attack, but it's pretty damn great in practice. The only reason to use Specs Swellow is Scrappy Boomburst and that's sufficient. It's 2HKOing everything on Offense at worst, and because of its surprise effect it's actually pretty effective at luring and severely weakening your average physical wall. A 2x Super Effective Air Slash is only barely stronger than a neutral Boomburst so it's kinda only worth using on stuff like Virizion, but flinches are cool to dick your way out of a lost situation fuck its accuracy jesus christ. U-Turn is still one of the top 5 moves in Pokémon and VolTurning with something like Analytic Magneton (which is an a-ma-zing partner) is a kill waiting to happen. The fourth move is nothing but a filler and I like HP Ground to fuck with Magneton. It gets Defog, Sleep Talk and maybe Quick Attack idk as filler options too.

So yeah use this with Magneton and strong Fighting types and you're gonna have fun.

Weavile likes this.
  22. Yui.

Yui. Member

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Mothim U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Magneton: 104-124 (34.2 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Mothim U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magneton: 156-186 (64.7 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

WOW WATATANK. not. If magneton is what you're switching in to tank those u-turns, you will be unpleasantly surprised.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Mothim U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ninetales: 192-226 (54.8 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (assuming you even run max hp)

and for those pesky rhydon who are one of the few actual chex:
    0 SpA Mothim Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 256-304 (61.8 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (aka no EVs in sp atk, but still #nochex)

The ONLY things stopping mothim are terrible speed and bulk, but I have used it enough to say that it is really not that hard to get into a position where you can spam u-turns. (and yes, I have used banded mothim A LOT)

23. Arceus_17

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    Banded Mothim seems terrible. Tinted Lens may give you few/none resists but it doesn't raise the pathetic base power of U-Turn and Aerial Ace . does it?
    If anything, use Specs.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  24. Trakyan

Trakyan Member

Primeape (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spd

- U-turn
    - Close Combat
    - Assurance
    - Earthquake

Simple set, but imo it's underused in the tier. His base speed means he's faster than most scarfers out there, and can outspeed the likes of kanga, scarf PoryZ and stuff (EVed to outspeed +nature 252 base 90s). Nice typing for a scarfer, resisting rocks and being able to spam u turn and he pairs well with eelektross/clauncher (tested it with both, it works amazing with specs clauncher running ice beam/dark pulse/u turn/water pulse) cause they cover each others checks, and volturn, that too. EVs invested in defense to make sure he takes minimal % from SR, not that it matters much but w/e.

It's great as a revenge killer due to a 100 acc, 120 base power stab in closecombat, and he resists suckerpunch (even with bad defenses, resistance makes it good) and u turn can grab momentum on people trying to conserve their weakened pokemon. Assurance>w/e else people run because a ghost type switching in with rocks/spikes in play gets hit at double power which is like 100 or 120 base power or w/e. EQ for muk i guess? idk. dont use that much anyway, fire types i guess without lowering defenses, idk...

But yeah he works, also, defiant trolls hitmontop(arbok too), crunch def drops, stick web(since scarf cancels stick web, and he outspeeds the stuff commonly found on sticky web teams) etc which is fun. He makes a good cleaner once the likes of hippowdown/weezing/vileplume are gone and he OHKOs/2HKOs most offensive pokemon or tanks.

Try him out, he's pretty good.

Edit: considering whether to post hariyama but try him out in any case (not Ass Vest, thats bad, and guts is for retards. LO sheer force is good in this meta imo, if you can support him with slow u turn/volt switch or some prediction he'll pick apart teams, plus he's capable of taking 2/3 hits.

Arceus_17 likes this.
  25. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

[​IMG] Rotom (Rotom-C) @ Expert Belt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Leaf Storm
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp

One of my favourite sets ever. While Hippo isn't switching in on you often, it might come in if it's "sure" you're scarf/specs locked into Volt Switch. Similarly with Seismitoad, Rhydon, Lanturn etc. You can just blast 'em with Leaf Storm and clear the way for a sweeper like Fletchinder to run rampant over your opponent's team. It's a simple Ebelt set but it beats so many things that stop such threatening mon like Fletch.

[​IMG] Vileplume (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Effect Spore
    EVs: 84 HP / 252 SAtk / 172 Spd or EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Synthesis

Also want to mention one of my favourite sets from BW2, LO Vileplume. It's extremely strong, especially with its new-found SpAtk stat, it'll be OHKOing more than you expect and importantly, more than your opponent expects. The former EV spread is to outspeed 0 speed Magneton, which is something this set aims to lure (hence HP Ground rather than some shit like Dazzle Gleam) as most Vileplume run Dual Stab and cannot touch Magneton. The latter spread out-speeds uninvested base 60 (Weezing, Lapras, Jellicent) and gives you better overall survivability. It's not the most original set but it needs more love :[

26. Gol D. Roger

Gol D. Roger Key to Progression

PO Trainer Name:
    Gol D. Roger
    Guys stop shitting on Yui he knows his stuff sometimes.

Set:

Terra Fuego (Torkoal) (M) @ Assault Vest
    Trait: Shell Armor
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 SDef
    - Lava Plume
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earth Power
    - Clear Smog

Smushes Magneton, ez answer to Typhlosion, rapid spinner, solid answer to Virizion, checks Pory-Z by clear smogging any agility/nasty plots (specs hurts though)

Generally a good utility mon and a check to a lot of threats, plus rapid spin!

27. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    giving garbage pokemon a garbage item makes it more garbage. the fact it's weak to stealth rock makes it even worse, considering the only form of recovery it can get is from wishpassing

also the pokemon you listed arent even necesarrily checked. cant switch into magneton, and magneton can freely volt switch out in 1v1 situations, specs typhlosion 2hkos with eruption after rocks, have fun switching into that, porygon-z ohkos easily at +2, virizion ohkos with stone edge at +2 after rocks

there are only a couple good ass vest users in the tier, torkoal obviously isnt one of then, and there are pokemon that are much more effective at hazard removal

Finchinator, Weavile and Isa like this.
  28. Gol D. Roger

Gol D. Roger Key to Progression

PO Trainer Name:
    Gol D. Roger
    checkscheckschecks it doesn't counter literally anything Torkoal is a throwaway utility piece, he is more of an answer for an offensive team to agility Pory-Z and scarf typhlosion while not losing the ability to rapid spin, yeah he's bad but so is mothim you just need to use them properly. CREATIVE movesets here. Nothing can really handle an already +2 porygon z regardless of the item or if hazards are up, since regice is totally bombed out of play by it, and full HP specs typhlosion is in a similar boat. If they have a +2 pory-Z you aren't answering it with anything that isn't faster than it, even max/max+ regice is 2hkod THROUGH leftovers, WITHOUT prior damage.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Regice: 203-239 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I've used Torkoal to his fullest potential on an offensive team with 2/4 bulk/speed mons, and I've really appreciated not having scarf typhlosion or agility Pory-Z take out 2/3rds of my team because I can bring in torkoal to force them out and come back with a better answer or more prior damage later. He's "bad" yes but he is creative and does work. Just because it loses to nasty plot life orbed Pory-Z and max HP typhlosion with rocks on my side of the field (but not theirs) is no reason to throw a poke out, many things lose to those same pokes. Note that if typhlosion has taken any significant prior damage (rocks on his side?) then he no longer 2hkos either, which is hecka nice.

+2 252 Atk Virizion Stone Edge vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Torkoal: 254-300 (74.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even if they set up, which against an offensive team is rare enough since they don't NEED the setup to beat the team, torkoal can clear smog if rocks aren't up.

So disclaimer I guess if you want to use Assvest Torkoal don't try to treat him like a wall or counter, treat him like a once-off tank, general check and emergency rapid spinner in a bulky offense role on a team where the opponent is more likely to just attack than to try and set up.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  29. Arceus_17

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    [​IMG] @Assault Vest
    Trait: Effect Spore
    Ev's: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Fire]

In the current metagame, Vileplume is a Pokémon that easily finds a place in most teams. This set is an intermidiate between Defensive and LO Plume, providing much more offensive power than the first and more survavibility than the last.
    Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb are obvious choices. Dazzling Gleam has its merits, OHKO'ing Scrafty without silly Assault Vest or Max SDef investment as well as the not so common Zweillous. HP Ground hits Steel and Poison types that resist its stabs, namely Skuntank and Magneton. HP Fire on the other hand can be used to whip out Ferroseed which otherwise uses you as bait to setup entry hazards

30. Health

Health Champion of LU

[​IMG] @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Protean
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Stealth Rock
    Drain Punch
    Shadow Sneak
    Ice Punch

I shouldn't need to explain why this set is the best set of any Pokemon in NU, but I will. Clever Shadow Sneak and Drain Punch play will win you games. Add in Ice Punch to get rid of pesky Vileplumes and Dragons and you've won every game. Congratulations on your 1400 rank #1 in NU. (Oh yeah it can take about 2 of most invested special attacks if hit neutral, which often will due to Shadow Sneak play)

Arceus_17 likes this.
  31. Trakyan

Trakyan Member

Vileplume still walls kecleon, even with ice punch.
    [​IMG]
    Clawitzer (F) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Mega Launcher
    EVs: 144 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 100 Spd

- Water Pulse
    - Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    - U-turn

Simple to understand, simple to play.
    EVs: enough to speed creep speed creeping hitmontops (not that hitmontop seems very popular nowdays), max satk with modest is obvious, 114 hp for bulk and minimum % damage from SR while the rest is dropped into def/sdef as you see fit (there are only like 12 evs so dont fuss...)
    Specs turns those 'powerful water pulses' into 2HKO anything not resistant. Hell, do you resist water pulse?

252+ SpAtk Choice Specs Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP/4 SpDef Water Absorb Vaporeon: 211 - 249 (45.5 - 53.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    (Guaranteed 2HKO with rocks)
    252+ SpAtk Choice Specs Mega Launcher Clawitzer Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP/4 SpDef Marvel Scale Milotic: 167 - 197 (42.4 - 50%) -- 0.3% chance to 2HKO
    (96% chance to 2HKO with rocks)

Doesn't look like it helped much. Want better odds? Use Dragon Pulse and Milotic loses hands down.
    Not water resistant? You're probably dead, so quit nagging.

The other moves are more or less fillers, ice beam is there for a clean KO on grass types like vileplume, amonguss or w/e, dark pulse hits jellicent while Dragon Pulse hits the rarer dragalgae. U-Turn is there for volturn, scouting checks/your opponent's reactions and so on, forms a nice core with eelektross or primape as they tend to cover each others checks/shortcomings well (eelektross takes down anything which would stand a chance vs Clawitzer, Primape patches up speed issues) and form a neat volturn core.

And it's a girl cause. Cause all girls have tentacle mustaches, no?