1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with Unown

Discussion in 'Database Modifications' started by ThunderInuki, Jun 8, 2014.

1. ThunderInuki

ThunderInuki New Member

I've been doing some work on a custom database thingy, and then I got to Unown, and despite knowing exactly what I want to do with it, doing so doesn't seem possible.

This is due to the fact that Move Machine doesn't respect the fact that Unown has other forms.

I tried to do it manually instead but doing anything manually seems to straight up not work and I cannot find what the move machine actually edits.

I looked everywhere here and couldn't find an answer, so sorry if I missed something similar to this, but is there anything I can do or are unowns other letters just impossible to give other moves to?

2. Yagura

Yagura

PO Trainer Name:
    Yagura
    I think that PO considers Unown letters as forms, so if you change the moveset in the Move Machine it'll change for all the letters.

When you changed the moveset did it change for all letters?

3. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

This is correct. The only way to break them apart would be physically editing the source code for your server, which is no longer referred to as a "database mod"

I can tell you exactly how to do it, if you want, but the only pokemon "forms" you can give different moves to are ones that naturally have different moves.

4. ThunderInuki

ThunderInuki New Member

Aww, that's no fun.

Oh well, thank you both <3