1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[XY NU] Gound Control to Jellinaught, Can You Hear Me Jelinaught?

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Dr. Fomantis Toboggan, Jul 7, 2014.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Dr. Fomantis Toboggan

Dr. Fomantis Toboggan man in the couch

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sup gang? I'm A$AP KROKOROK. I had a lot of fun using this team but certain pokes dropping and rising have made the team irrelevant, even if I were to replace Kabutops. So yeah, don't tell me about how bad Verizon and Croagunk fuck me up, I realise that. I also decided to do this rmt because I haven't made one since I was like or six or something so I thought why not? I made this team early on in the stage, using what user Afro Smash coined as the Jellinaught core. Don't judge me, I decided to make this like two hours ago. Or do judge me, because I guess that's kinda the whole point.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Leftovers
    Sand Stream
    248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Whirlwind
    Specially defensive Hippowdon is just great for NU. This fatty walls the shit out of special attackers like Jolteon and Ninetales that would otherwise run amok over this team. Sun and Rain are dangerous in this tier and since I don't really have a weather agenda, being able to switch in every now and again to break up the weather comes very much in handy. Being the only phazer and Stealth Rocker make Hippowdown vital. With so much bulk in both defense stats Hippowdon can Whirlwind the opponents Pokemon back and forth into into spikes. With the hazards, the sand, and Chesnaught's Leech Seed, over time it's difficult for a Pokemon to hold onto enough health to stop Braviary and Delphox.

[​IMG]
    "What's goin on?"-this guy^
    [​IMG] Leftovers
    Bulletproof
    248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spiky Shield
    - Leech Seed
    - Spikes
    - Wood Hammer
    To allow Delphox or Braviary to sweep there needs to be a buttload of Spikes out on the field, and this guy's the best spiker in the tier. He is ev'd to outspeed slow Politoed to avoid the Ice Beam/Toxic. Wood Hammer is important to KO Jellicent who be a real bitch with Taunt and Will-O-Wisp. Chesnaught And Jellicent work wonders together. Walls and utilities will either be Taunted or tapped with Leech Seed, and so long as Kabutops does it's job keeping the Hazards off my side of the field, the core can wall many offensive threats without losing too much health.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Recover
    Durant is such a broke as bitch, thank god the Jellinaught is prepared. Jellicent is also important for handling fighting types like Sawk. It's tricky to predict around Knock Off, but luckily the team doesn't allow it to switch in easily. Jellicent is once again ev'd to outspeed Politoed and the other base 70 Pokemon with unboosted speed. It's a bit redundant having two Pokemon in the same speed tier but it's very important to the team clericless team to be able to avoid a toxic or burn a Pokemon before dealing too much damage. I mean what else is there to say about the Jellinaught.... Jellinaught... Jellinaught.... What have you found up there?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Chesto Berry
    Magician
    56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Calm Mind
    - Fire Blast
    - Psyshock
    The Magician is here. Yeah it's a gimmick and comes in handy like a fourth of the time and Blaze would probably be better but fuck you, still an excellent sweeper. I played around with the Delphox set for a while but I settled on this one because it's very unexpected, the team is very vulnerable to status ailments, and because Lilligants with Hidden Power Flying would wreck me unless I used a RestTalk set which would suck. It is ev'd to give Delphox a little bit more bulk and still outspeed Sigilyph who can otherwise be annoying.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Assault Vest
    Swift Swim
    252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Knock Off
    - Rapid Spin
    - Aqua Jet
    Oh Kabutops, how I miss you. Might start playing LU just to fool around with this guy again. Ever since BW LU I've been in love with this crustacean, and not just his badass ninja looks. All the Kabutops I've seen hold Life Orbs but I needed a Spinner that would stick around for a while and occasionally take things like a Moltres' Hurricane or even an Exploud's Boomburst. Especially with sand behind it, Assault Vest Kabutops becomes a reasonably bulky motherfucker, still holding onto a fantastic movepool. I didn't even realize it got Knock Off but I love it. It hits Bronzong who can otherwise be goddamn annoying with Toxic and whatnot and removing the item is always handy against it's common switch-ins like Magneton and Chesnaught.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Choice Scarf
    Defiant
    252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Return
    - Superpower
    - U-turn
    Like every other goddamn team in NU, Braviary is here to take Defogs and wreck shit. Of course he's and excellent revenge poke as well, the best. He even comes in handy as a late game sweeper assuming I can get the spikes out and wear down the opposing team a bit. He's also very helpful taking the Grass Knot's intended for Hippowdon and KOing it's user. Not much to say. Powerful, elegant, standard bird. Love him.​

Weaknesses
    [​IMG] Mega Banette- Withe Will-O-Wisp it just fucks everything up. It can't always switch in but when it does the best thing to do is to wear it down as quickly as possible without losing a Pokemon necessary to win.
    [​IMG] Magneton- Only the Choice Specs version is difficult to deal with. An unexpected Flash Cannon will fuck Hippowdon up so it takes a bit of prediction to handle.
    [​IMG] Gallade- The bulk up set is easily handled many ways but the all-out swords dance sets are not easily stopped without revenging with Braviary.
    [​IMG] Exploud- Exploud is surprising not actually difficult to deal with for this team, but it does take take a certain amount of planning since Kabutops can only switch in once or twice.
    [​IMG] Sawk- As I've said before Sawk takes some prediction, especially with a band, but he has difficulty switching in.
    [​IMG] Drapion- Toxic Spikes suck. Kabutops becomes much less useful and the team has to plan to win much faster than it would usually.

Importable-
    Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Whirlwind

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Bulletproof
    EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spd