1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Backsprites

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DaPizzaMan, Apr 24, 2010.

1. DaPizzaMan

DaPizzaMan Guest

[ANSWERED]Backsprites

How were they made? I've always wanted to make Custom Pokemon Sprites. But I just noticed, if I did happen to make the Sprites, what would I do for Backsprites?

2. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

They were ripped off some websites.

Anyway just check db/pokes/poke_img.zip . All the sprites are in the zip.

3. zeroality

zeroality Artificial Insanity

4. DaPizzaMan

DaPizzaMan Guest

5. zeroality

Yeah, becoming a good spriter will cause you to be a commodity to fan made games.

6. DaPizzaMan

DaPizzaMan Guest

Speaking of fan made games; has that game on your Forum been created yet? It looks fantastic, so far. O.O

7. zeroality

No. We're hoping to have a demo out by the end of the summer. Anyway this forum is for Pokemon Online so if you have Topaz questions you can PM me or post there. Let's keep the discussion of sprites in this thread on track.

8. Kioku

Kioku Member

One tragic flaw I see in fan sprites is coloring. Keep in mind to slightly subdue shades and not keep it vivid unless if necessary. As well, the outline has specific shading rules it seems to follow. Pay attention to the existing sprites' shading method. If you bare in mind where the light source is, it's pretty easy.