1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Better Scaling for High-DPI?

Discussion in 'Interesting suggestions' started by MikeDawg, Jul 17, 2014.

1. MikeDawg

MikeDawg New Member

Example (on 2550 x 1440 or whatever):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's almost as unusable as an adobe product

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

The battle window would need extensive rewriting to scale better. The background is a fixed size. Try the new battle window, you might find more success in that.
    Also, I'm not entirely sure how you'd scale it. Did you want larger text? You can ctrl+scroll u[ to get larger text. I legitimately cannot think of anything to "scale."

I use larger monitors (2 of them actually) and I usually just end up leaving PO in windowed mode.

3. MikeDawg

MikeDawg New Member

Thanks for the zoom in tip, though that doesn't help with seeing names and moves. Those are less significant though

4. SongSing

SongSing KILLL

PO Trainer Name:
    SongSing
    When I got a larger screen, it bothered me too, but you get used to it. Now if I play it on a lower-res computer it looks way too big x.x
    And yeah, I recommend using the new battle window since it's new and things

5. Haze Victory

Haze Victory Dem slumps..~

Could this be fixed in the new update?The text scaling is very much fixed by mere Ctrl+scroll but the names look absurdly small.Rip eyesight.
    Thanks.