1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Showcase] Battle Fields for v2.4.2

Discussion in 'Arts and Graphics' started by Bamarah, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Bamarah

Bamarah "Baton Pass Elite"

Hello,

With the release of Version 2.4.2 the Old Battle Window was increased by 25% so the Gen 6 sprites could fit properly. But that happens to leave the old battle fields somewhat smaller than the actual window. So I took it upon myself to resize all the available battle fields (There's 51) for the Old Battle Window.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Now all of your old favorite battle fields should look great with the new updated client. Remember that you can only use 11 different battle fields by default so feel free to rearrange them as you see fit.

Download

To install the battle fields please follow these directions:

1) Delete the battle_fields folder from any theme you wanna use (The Themes are located in the PO Themes folder).
    2) Extract the battle_fields RAR.
    3) Copy or move the extracted folder to the theme that you would like to use.

2. Mr. Perry

Mr. Perry wat

PO Trainer Name:
    Mr. Perry
    I was about to bug you for that, thanks Bahamah :)

3. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

There's only 11 battle fields supported by default as you said. Those 11 were included in the client update under the Classic Theme.
    The other 40 backgrounds are not classified as official, and were not updated as a result.

Your instructions will fix the issues for custom themes that decided to add custom backgrounds, but for themes that didn't do it(including the 3 default themes), there was no issue as it always falls back to Classic.

Another note: you need all the backgrounds you use in the same folder. The path is defined as
    ("battle_fields/%1.png").arg((rand()%11)+1)))) .

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  4. Dasdardly

Dasdardly Uknown Bird

PO Trainer Name:
    Dasdardly, Eureka
    BAM ON TOP OF SHIT. I LIKE IT.