1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Community] PO Profiles

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IFM, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

We are going to start a new series of profiles here on General Chat. The threads will be similar to the retired wells, where members of the authority will post a small description of themselves and their duties on PO and then you, the community, will have a chance to ask them questions. Each thread will run for a week and the program will last for thirteen weeks total. It will highlight members of the ownership, tier leaders, server admins, and side channel staff members. This will allow users to get to personally know the people behind all aspects of this wonderful website.

We ask that you keep all questions pg-13 and follow all forum rules when asking questions. We also ask that all questions are on topic and related to the subject of the profile. Any question that does not will be deleted. The person doing the profile has the right to divulge as much or as little information as possible. The thread will last for a week and then the next profiler will start their thread.

Currently the schedule will be as follows, but it is subject to change:

8/20 - Hikari
    8/27 - Sinclair
    9/3 - sulcata
    9/10 - Weavile
    9/17 - Crystal Moogle
    9/24 - meeps
    10/1 - Fuzzysqurl
    10/8 - Strudels
    10/15 - Proof
    10/29 - Cirno
    11/5 - Samphire
    11/12 - Afro Smash

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    Rake, Isa and ZoroDark like this.
  2. Insane Soul

Insane Soul Griffith did nothing wrong.

PO Trainer Name:
    Insane Soul
    Where the hell is SongSing????

In reply to @Hannah , IFM said on another thread
    If we consider today to be the expiring date - 20th August 2014 -, that would mean that only the first 10 wells (10th being Lamperi's) could be repeated in this new format, which would include, from the people listed in the OP, only one person: Crystal Moogle (#2).
    Change that expiring date to 2 years and you would include Weavile (#16), Hikari (#19), Professor Oak (#25), Cirno (#30), and whoever else you felt like until Steeledges' well (#35).
    As far as i can see only Samphire and meeps are mentioned in the list and have relatively new wells.

So, in my opinion, it's not about people already having repeated wells, but rather encharging some people to make a judgement on whether a determined person has evolved as a user and contributed enough between the making of his/her well and the present time, to make the new Profile not seem redundant. Going by this, probably all of the listed people would deserve a Profile.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    Rake, Wavy, Weavile and 2 others like this.
  3. Hannah

Hannah Come a little closer

PO Trainer Name:
    Hannah
    So are these the replacement of wells? Im pretty sure most of the list had their own wells already though :o

Rake likes this.
  4. Stray Dog

Stray Dog Scaring away your garbage collector

PO Trainer Name:
    Stray Dog
    "but it is subject to change"

am i relevant enough to apply?

Rake likes this.
  5. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

It is only for members of authority that play an integral aspect in how the site functions. This would include owners, admins, tier leaders, and people in charge of side channels. Also this list is pretty much locked in stone at this point, but if you rise high enough in the ranks before the next session of profiles there is a chance you could be featured.

Rake likes this.
  6. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    People who were offered it could refuse. Diamond possibly did that. It's also possible IFM just forgot him :D

7. diamondslight

diamondslight Master of fantasy basketball :) Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

I was never offered to do one but I'm very interested to do one if it's not too late. :)

Hoppie, Raducan, VirajVora and 4 others like this.
  8. ThunderStruck0011

ThunderStruck0011 ;)

PO Trainer Name:
    megR
    I approve this message... Even though it really doesn't mean much o.o

9. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    Isa likes this.
  10. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

Thank you so much to everyone that participate in the inaugural run of PO Profiles. It was wonderful to hear about the people that make PO click and delve more into the inner decision making of Pokemon Online. We will be taking a break from Profiles for a few months to give the community time to refresh and allow our users to accomplish many more amazing things. Expect the announcement of the next round of Profiles in around 4 months, so go out their and achieve something great for PO so you can be featured!!!

I will be leaving this thread open in the meantime, so if you have any comments or concerns about how this round of profiles was ran, leave it here and I will look at it before the next set of them goes up.

ZoroDark and Weavile like this.
  11. diamondslight

diamondslight Master of fantasy basketball :) Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Heeey It's been six months now and theres no announcement for the next round of profiles. :(

12. [OG] Swanna Lady

[OG] Swanna Lady Y.......Yo......You.....YOU'RE FAT!

PO Trainer Name:
    [OG] Swanna lady
    I do know that PO Profiles ended up being a complete shitstorm but it was interesting to know a lot more about the admins without having to be a person that was right into the community from the start.(Am I infamous enough to get a PO Profile??? Pwetty Pweese???)

13. Cirno

Cirno Romantic

PO Trainer Name:
    Alice
    No.

Water, Fiery Espeon, snaga and 6 others like this.
  14. SongSing

SongSing KILLL

PO Trainer Name:
    SongSing

uso, buny, Raducan and 3 others like this.
  15. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

If you have to ask for a profile, chances are you're not important enough to get one any time soon.

Someone else asking where you are might be different though.

SongSing and uso like this.
  16. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    Oh hush and go look for your empathy pants, you jaded old fart. Don't let this negative nelly get you down folks; you can always give yourself a profile if one isn't offered to you. All you have to do is believe in yourself(and send a shoutout Raducan's way so he doesn't lock it)!

pokemonnerd likes this.
  17. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

gimme all the shoutouts

also @[OG]Swanna Lady 1K posts are always a good way to talk about yourself. :D

Joeypals!! likes this.
  18. [OG] Swanna Lady

[OG] Swanna Lady Y.......Yo......You.....YOU'RE FAT!

PO Trainer Name:
    [OG] Swanna lady
    Well, I'm 14.3% of the way to 1K posts and I've only been on the forums since October 2014 so I'm doing ok (Totally did not use a calculator, I iz smrt)

Also, interestingly, 27.972027972027972027972027........% of my posts have been liked. So over quarter of my messages are good, while Pokemonnerd only has 5.1789473684210526315% of his posts liked (NO CALCULATOR!!).

#BetterPosterThanPnerd

19. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
  20. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Of course you didn't calc it up :v, rite. Also who tf takes calcs the percentages of their likes on here anyways? This ain't a "like" competition :v

21. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

hi i think i desrve a po well bc im new but wel known for talent

shotout to mepes for dog

srsly are these getting revive or wat

22. Cirno

Cirno Romantic

PO Trainer Name:
    Alice
    Be patient young ones. User @Weavile will be here soon to soothe your lust for knowledge of the people.

Weavile and Raducan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.