1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2 OU] Shadow Inferno an RMT

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Weavile, Nov 23, 2010.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Team Building

Ok so I wanted a team based around 2 cool pokemon of Dark and Fire. So I chose these 2 beasts:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Why them you might ask. Well Blaziken has a huge power level with Speed Boost fixing one of his huge flaws stat wise and with a decent movepool he can be a huge force. Weavile partly because as you all know I love him and on the other hand he can be a decent attacking power if he can get the SD up. On another note THIS THREAD WILL NOT TURN INTO A WEAVILE HATE THREAD. If you have a real suggestion for a replacement by all means make it but don't post solely to hate on Weavile.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    With my 2 sweepers down I found myself weak to Doryuuzu, Suicune and in some cases Gyara. So I short-listed 2 candidates. Rotom-C and Zapdos. I went in the end with Zapdos due to its superior speed and attacking stats as well as its access to Heat Wave, a reliable recovery in Roost and the ever useful Roar.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    I needed then a ghost type to stop spins (as I always have an SR lead) this was also a hotly contested spot with Dusclops, Dusknoir, Gengar and Buru himself all being tight candidates but in the end I took Buru with his access to WoW and Recover he seemed the perfect 'man' for the job.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    Being that I had 2 pokemon now weak to SR I was in need of a spinner, and with this team leaning toward an offensive side I needed something with a strong offensive power. This ruled out Forry and Cloyster (I needed a steel too) So I went with the light speed mole himself; Doryuuzu. With a great amount of coverage and power along with a blistering 604 speed in sand he was to me an obvious choice.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    This spot is perhaps the most hotly contested spot of all. I have still in contention: Heatran, Aerodactyl and Azelf. I chose Azelf because of the mix potential for attacking and Taunt + SR. Some may dispute its lead worth because of the Explosion nerf but boom is still 250 power which is more than a Super Effective Fire Blast.

So this is the final team (Pre rate) . There was no refinement after testing as I found everything to be quite useful.

Team after rates.

Importable:
    [Secret]Rocky (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Thunder Wave

Shadow (Weavile) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Pursuit
    - Night Slash
    - Ice Shard
    - Low Kick

Inferno (Blaziken) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Claw Sharpen/Swords Dance
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Stone Edge
    - Blaze Kick

Storm (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roost
    - Roar
    - Heat Wave

Quake (Doryuuzu) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Throw
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Rapid Spin
    - Swords Dance

Draconian (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 80 HP / 176 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Recover
    - Thunderbolt[/Secret]

The In-Depth Analysis

The Lead:

[​IMG]
    Rocky (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Thunder Wave

Set up SR, troll some opposing leads with T wave, avoid Machamp and try to lay down as much hurt as possible with the legendary dual STAB. There is not that much more to say about the beastly dinosaur thingy other than it sets up sand for Doryuuzu who always appreciates it.

[​IMG]
    Shadow (Weavile) (M) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Pursuit
    - Night Slash
    - Ice Shard
    - Low Kick

Ok this guy is heavily disputed on its usefulness, with most of the competitive community leaning toward UU level of usefulness and the other part leaning toward a reasonably strong stander in OU. I am hoping the latter when I use him as a sweeper/cleaner, with perfect neutral coverage in Dark Fight Ice and a choice band with 125 speed base Weavile is definitely not to be taken lightly as it has never been totally useless to me yet. With the CB and pursuit over SD he is able to kill ghosts and [email protected] more efficiently.

[​IMG]
    Inferno (Blaziken) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Swords Dance/Claw Sharpen
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Stone Edge
    - Blaze Kick

All that needs to be said was said in the team building section. Huge power level, good movepool and Speed Boost all add up to make Blaziken a powerhouse of gen 5. Not much can rival its collective bulk power and with SB speed. After a swords dance he can rip through entire teams without hesitation using his immense coverage and massive power. I added the option of Claw Sharpen due to the fact I received a complaint or two from Luck about misses. So if you don't fancy your luck use it.

[​IMG]
    Storm (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roost
    - Roar
    - Heat Wave

One of the few pokemon that has remained OU in all generations up to 4 and I believe it will remain so due to its incredible balance of bulk, speed and power. Its access to instant recovery and a phasing move make it an excellent physical booster check/counter and most importantly a reasonably solid Doryuuzu check, that was the main reason I used Zapdos but also for Gyarados, Suicune , Buru and more.

[​IMG]
    Quake (Doryuuzu) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Throw
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Rapid Spin
    - Swords Dance

This little man is one of my favourites because of his ability to Rapid Spin where no one expects it. Everyone tends to run a sweeper SD variant with X sciz RS and EQ so nobody bothers with ghosts so it is in a perfect slot to spin although it is in a state where everyone is prepared for SD Doryuuzu. Spin flee and get in as much damage as possible is the general idea of him.

[​IMG]
    Draconian (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 80 HP / 176 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Recover
    - Thunderbolt

So its Latias, I decided to use the late gen 4 Uber CM set (Replacing Sol Dew) and so far it has worked wonders. Sweeping forcing switches, the works. I don't regret replacing buru at all the lack of spin blocker doesn't matter too much and the fighting absorber is still there (Although the Dynamicpunch confusion is irritating) It is in general a good pokemon.

There you have it. My team.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. JellyBeanFactory

JellyBeanFactory Member

so

the first thing i want to say is that i like your team xD

but kerudio with HP electric sweeps you ;D
    It can come in Weavile an CM
    So you need something to stop it ;D
    Latias is pretty nice
    It ressists every attack, and can boost itself, or just Attack ;D
    you can take burungeru out...
    You dont need a Spin blocker that much xD
    it dont hurts your synergie and its an awesome sweeper...
    Dusknoir can be pretty dangerous for you too
    Subpunch witch Ice pawnch can hurt everything in your team hard....
    and only Weavile can OHKO it...

you can use BP on Blaziken to pass the sped boost on Dory, what would make it an Sweeper, outside the sandstorm xD

thats all i have to say...

can i test it?

3. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

4. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    I told you you i was going to rate your team, so im here kinda late (i was testing my own team yesterday :3 ) but im here anyways...

1st replace weavile... nah im jk. Now seriusly, explosion is too weak right now that dont worth using it on azelf, use another attack over that maybe psychic for machamp, also can help you with roobushin who can be problemathic for your team if zapdos is dead and for some reason your azelf is still alive, or you can use u-turn helping you to gain momentum even agains unfavorable matchups and can help you with mew leads (who is gaining popularity :3 ).

Other recomendation i have its drop x-scissor on dory for SD, your team is not even close to be grass weak or psychic weak (also dory hits grounded psychic types only with 10 BP less when using EQ ), SD can help you with slow team and gives you the power to beat some walls (like burunkeru who with a physical ev's spreed walls it to no end). I dont know the way you play your dory but may try balloon over leftovers, the ground inmunity caa be useful but again idk how you play so maybe lefties its more useful for you...

Good Luck with your team

5. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    I never liked Burungeru, and I always fail at using it. Weavile is a boss now, trolling basically every dragon (except Kingdra and random Yaches), and does his job pretty well. He also forces [email protected] out, but I'd prefer to run a CBand set, to pursuit them and have a sure fire against every dragon. About Blaziken, in the 5 times I played this team, I missed 5 times every single attack he threw, so I RAGEd and I'm not saying anything (if he hit he would have been cool, 0hkoing everything, predicted switch + SD <3). Consider giving Zapdos HP ice, or you'd be walled by dragons to death, and if Weavile is dead, Latios comes on Zappy, gains a CM and kills everything in the team ;_;. Utility Dory is bad for me, I'd replace him for a more consistent spinner (maybe Donphan, or Sandslash if you want to have fun with SS team with Sand Throw, if you want to play this in DW). About Azelf: exactly what Bad Romance said, but consider running a little bulkier EVs spread, to keep it hanigng around for more and handle standard Hippowdons better. I'd suggest Spiritomb to replace Burungeru, he's a little less bulky, but he can check Rankurusu, act as a spin blocker, and he can be an annoying mixed attacker with not so bad attacking stats, or you can play a bulkier version with Rest/Sleep Talk/Will-o-Wisp/Shadow Ball.

Hope I helped :3

6. SSP

SSP Member

Branching off of what Luck>Skill said, I too agree with a different set for Weavile, but not a banded set. Life Orb with Ice Shard/Night Slash/Low Kick/Pursuit is a really Anti-metagame Pokemon. Shandera, Gengar, and other various Ghosts are now trapped, and seeing how your team doesn't really like the Ghosts if Weavile is gone, this change could really be helpful. Secondly, I suggest a slightly different Azelf set. This set is more of a unique one, but has significant power.

Azelf @ Life Orb
    Naive nature
    252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
    -Psychic
    -U-Turn
    -Fire Blast
    -Stealth Rock

Since you have a Rapid Spinner, Taunt isn't really that necessary, so it frees up a spot for a more offensively based move, to fit into your offensively based team. Great team and good luck.

7. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Bumping due to significant team changes.

8. SSP

SSP Member

After a second review of your team, I noticed that you have decently large Roobushin weakness if Zapdos is gone. I have one minor change to help against it. I suggest you put Psychic on Latias to defeat Roobushin. A set consisting of:

Latias @ Leftovers
    Timid
    252 Spe / 176 SpA / 80 HP
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dragon Pulse

Moderators: Edna, fsk