1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] How do change the colour of the bots?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Kase, Aug 26, 2014.

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark
  1. Kase

Kase Member

Hi, I'm trying to host a server using the Official PO scripts and I would like to change the colour of the bots and the border. The default is green. I can looked in the script.js and bots.js but can't find it. Can someone please tell me with script as the settings for the colour?
    Thanks

2. ThunderStruck0011

ThunderStruck0011 ;)

PO Trainer Name:
    megR
    Go on the Pokemon Online server and ask @RedJoker25 he has useful information for scripts and knows a lot of people that do too... Hope this helps :grin:

3. RedJoker25

RedJoker25 Resident Lurker Server Moderator Article Contributor Server Moderator Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    RedJoker25
    Disclaimer: I haven't actually touched bot colors in a long while but I'll try to help since apparently I know something about scripts.

I believe the script for most bots' color is actually a client-side theme thing. Go to where you installed PO and look for the themes folder. Inside that, go to the theme you're using and find "mainchat.css". If you don't have it, then go to the theme called classic as that is what gets loaded instead. Open that and look for ".script-message-begin" and change the value there to your desired hex color code thing. Note that this only changes the color of the bots on your PO and not other people's.

You can also change the color of this type of bot via client scripts. Moogle's [found here: https://github.com/CrystalMoogle/PO-User-Scripts ] includes a /changebotcolor command to let you do so. This also only changes bots on your PO as far as I'm aware.

There are also hardcoded bots such as the one used in Tournaments. Look for "var htmlborder = "<font color=#3DAA68><b>"+border+"</b></font>"; " in tours.js. As for the actual bot [Victini on the main server as of the time I'm writing this], you can use /config and /configset to change it for everyone as long as you're a tour owner on the server. Trivia has a couple hardcoded bots of its own iirc, but it's weird and uses a mix. Basically look for #3daa68 and change those.

ThunderStruck0011 likes this.
  4. Kase

Kase Member

Thanks guys

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark