1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mega Evolution Mods

Discussion in 'Database Modifications' started by xTemp1est, Sep 17, 2014.

1. xTemp1est

xTemp1est New Member

Well, I'm having some issues with a mod I'm trying to make. I'm leading a project to create a mega evolution for every Pokemon, and we tried to do some testing. Of course, it didn't work. It seems the items load and can be put on a pokemon, and it seems the megas implement correctly, but they can't actually mega evolve in battle. So, it seems it's the item effects... which I realize might be hard coded into the game and this entire project might be impossible with database mods. My coder hasn't gotten back to me, and it's been a couple of days, and I want to know as soon as I can so I can think of something else to do.

Any help would be appreciated. It could just be me making a stupid mistake. Also, excuse the simple sprites I have; my spriters haven't gotten a chance to do much yet.

Attached Files:

• CAMP.zip
      File size:
      555.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

I have 0 experience with mods but bin\db\pokes\pokemon.txt would be part of the Mega coding
    Code (text):
    1. 0:0 Missingno
    2. 1:0 Bulbasaur
    3. 2:0 Ivysaur
    4. 3:0:H Venusaur
    5. 3:1:M Mega Venusaur
    And bin\db\pokes\6H\released.txt would be the other major file
    Code (text):
    1. 0:0 Missingno
    2. 1:0 Bulbasaur
    3. 2:0 Ivysaur
    4. 3:0 Venusaur
    5. 3:1 Mega Venusaur
    You'll also need to add height, weight, types, abilities, and stats for it to work properly.

3. xTemp1est

xTemp1est New Member

Yep. All the right files are in place. My coder (Swimming95, who I think did the inverted battles for PO) looked through the source code and it seems these should work, but none of us have been able to find anything. Unfortunately, neither I nor Swimming95 have much mod experience.

4. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

I'll look into it a bit later. I was gonna start coding some of the changes for ORAS shortly, such as the new abilities, moves, mega evolutions... then just fill in the information as I go so it will be nice and easy to update. So I'll figure out what all needs to be changed for a mega to work correctly.

PS: Don't expect too much before Monday. Got quite a bit of work to complete this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  5. xTemp1est

xTemp1est New Member

Oh. Okay. Thanks for the help.

6. xTemp1est

xTemp1est New Member

Any luck? We still can't figure it out :/

7. Fuzzysqurl

I haven't had time, I edited into my post earlier (though after you viewed the thread) that I likely wouldn't have time till Monday afternoon unfortunately. Sorry.