1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[XY UU] dog

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by meeps, Sep 26, 2014.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    this team good i sware i probably got #1 and it won like every battle it was used in during uucl (3-0 proof used it once i think) with it before it's gone through a lot of changes but w/e (terrakion crawdaunt cloyster only remaining original members of the mighty 6 sash team which this team derived from). deoxys-s, victini, durant, chandelure, diggersby, and volcarona have all once been members of the team (they were all sash except volc

at a glance
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Crawdaunt (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Aqua Jet
    - Swords Dance
    - Knock Off
    - Crabhammer

this is typical crawdaunt it is very strong with adaptability. aqua jet is good for priority because there are a lot of frailer threats in the tier and at +2 it can ohko some of them (can even ohko some at +0 like darmanitan i think). swords dance makes crawdaunt stronger which is good. knock off is one of best moves in the game this gen and crawdaunt gets like 195 bp from it because of adaptability it can cause a lot of havoc. crabhammer is very strong stab with 200 bp because of adaptability and knock off and crabhammer overall lets crawdaunt kill a lot of stuff bar like blastoise and hydreigon. ev spread is standard max speed is good because florges scary, sash is nice because if hazards are kept off crawdaunt can set up an sd quite freely or just fire off strong attack.

[​IMG]
    Zygarde @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Aura Break
    EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Extreme Speed

zygarde is cool and strong too. earthquake is best stab move because getting trapped into outrage is gay sometimes especially because of fairy like florges in the tier, earthquake is really strong either way. outrage is still good because need to do damage to like salamence and hydreigon and if steel and fairies are out of the way outrage is generally better stab than earthquake i guess. dragon dance makes zygarde stronger and faster which is good. extreme speed is nice priority to pickoff weakened faster pokemon or outpriority other priority users i guess. my evs outspeed weavile at +1 which can't ohko with ice shard at +2 it's faster than pokemon like salamence and victini and other scarfers with that speed tier which is good. having a lot of attack is good to make sure zygarde is really strong and lum berry is for like those pokemon with will-o-wisp and stuff like mew and to recover confusion

[​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

terrakion is usually my lead because has stealth rock and taunt!! close combat and stone edge are the stab moves because they are the most powerful stab moves terrakion has i dont think i need to explain much on these tbh. taunt is good because terrakion is fast and it can shutdown other hazard setters or just annoy some pokemon which have status and stuff. stealth rock is very good because it helps support my pokemon and breaks other sashes and stuff which are fairly common in the tier. the ev spread is pretty standard and terrakion has focus sash so it can take hits and get on stealth rock always against faster pokemon unless it's like scarf jirachi and it flinches i guess

[​IMG]
    Thundurus-T (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Agility
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Flying]

thundurus-t is also strong and can setup and do a lot of damage like other team members. double dance is nice because it makes thundurus-t really hard to stop if it manages to setup both, and in some cases it doesn't need to setup both but it can choose depending on the opponent's team structure (against offensive teams agility is better vs defensive teams nasty plot it better), it's not too common it will be able to successfully set up both but when it does it's really dangerous. thunderbolt is main stab because it's strong and perfect accuracy unlike thunder. the last move is a tossup i guess hidden power ice is good for hydreigon but hidden power flying is a nice extra stab which can do solid damage to pokemon like swampert. grass knot could be used here or maybe over agility for the ground types and it does a lot of damage to rhyperior, life orb is another item which can be used but it can be worn down kinda quickly especially if the opponent has priority users, leftovers just helps it stay more healthy i guess. ev spread standard, hit hard and be fast (max speed is good before agility btw because 101 is an amazing speed tier)

[​IMG]
    Cloyster (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Skill Link
    - Icicle Spear
    - Ice Shard
    - Rock Blast
    - Shell Smash

cloyster is another strong setup sweeper wow!!! icicle spear is main stab because it's effective 187.5 bp because of skill link which is really good ability. ice shard is good against some other pokemon which may have priority i guess or can pseudo-revenge kill like a weakened salamence i guess (that's usually not necessary because cloyster can setup if at full health). rock blast provides extra coverage vs like fire-types like victini i think darmanitan gets ohko'd by +2 spear after rocks lol. shell smash is really good boosting move and cloyster doesn't have too much trouble setting up because of sash and it has really good physical bulk so if it comes in against some physical attackers it can setup quite nicely. as i mentioned sash is good to safely set up shell smash and the ev spread is standard. jolly nature is better because it can outspeed like terrakion and victini at +2 which it can't do with adamant

[​IMG]
    Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 184 HP / 252 SAtk / 72 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Water Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Rapid Spin

blastoise is strong but can't set up it's good because it helps support some of the focus sash users and thundurus too i guess. water pulse is strong stab move which hits pretty hard because of mega launcher and it's overall a very good offensive type in the tier. dark pulse provides extra coverage and helps blastoise maul some ghosts which may try to prevent its spin, it does a lot of damage to pokemon like mew too. aura sphere is good for dark-types in the tier which resist the other moves like crawdaunt and hydreigon it's good for steel-types too like empoleon and magnezone. rapid spin to remove hazards! ev spread lets it outspeed adamant crawdaunt which is a good benchmark max satk to hit hard and rest in hp.

this team has good offensive synergy which i like. suicune was gay in past but now i have thundurus-t rip suicune yn also medicham was annoying too but medichamite ban!

importablelbe:

Crawdaunt (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Adaptability
    - Aqua Jet
    - Swords Dance
    - Knock Off
    - Crabhammer

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Aura Break
    EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Extreme Speed

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

Thundurus-T (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Agility
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Cloyster (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Skill Link
    - Icicle Spear
    - Ice Shard
    - Rock Blast
    - Shell Smash

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 184 HP / 252 SAtk / 72 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Water Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Rapid Spin

2. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

this is probably the most balanced version of this team and the only one that doesn't straight up lose to suicune lo!l

honestly this is just a great team and it's pretty much impossible not to get overwhelmed by this team in the long run. running 3 water types looks a bit awkward and especially cloyster doesn't seem to be bringing a whole lot of things to the table, so I guess you could probably replace that for some kind of ebelt or sash victini that used to wreck for you in the past iirc but i'm not even sure it's an actual improvement.

anyway i just wanted to give this team a(n attempt at the) rate it deserves. doesn't take away ur still bad tho!

Moderators: Edna, fsk