1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Sports] NBA fantasy league and general discussion

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ortheore, Oct 18, 2014.

1. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

ya with carroll and sefolosha out the hawks are just gonna get overrun by lebron now. unless they start firing away again like they did in the regular season, i feel like the cavs have this in 5. the cavs are simply too talented and seasoned (well outside of irving) imo.

as for warriors vs rockets. i'd say warriors in 6. the rockets did a good job at keeping it close twice at oracle and they don't seem to go away ever so they'll probably notch a win or 2 at home. the warriors are just so much deeper and the rockets must have given a lot last series against the clips as well, so eventually curry and co will just break them.

also lol at knicks getting owned in the lottery ggGG

2. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

idk how many people have been following free agency but poor mavs

so 5 days ago, deandre jordan agrees on a four year contract with mavs and announces he's going to play in dallas. guess he couldn't stand the new clippers uniforms LOL

now note that he already agreed to the deal, but they can't sign him until the 10th. then just yesterday, it was announced that deandre was having second thoughts about mavs, ignores all calls from mavs and mark cuban, and decides to sign a 4 year deal with clippers WTF???? i guess he stayed here for the weather lol

seriously though this seems like a really shit move by dj to agree publicly to sign with mavs, then take it back RIGHT ON THE VERY LAST DAY BEFORE SIGNING CONTRACTS STARTS

this kinda kills any plans the mavs had for free agency signings.. sorry mavs fans down with the clippers and dj >:(

3. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

y that's some premium grade bullshit. Now who have we got for C? More importantly, who can actually play defense in Dallas? I guess Wes Matthews is alright? Beyond that idk, I heard our rookie's a good 3 and D guy but he's a rookie so who knows/cares. I've lost a lot of interest so I haven't been following closely, but off the top of my head I can think of Dirk, Parsons, Matthews, rookies and I guess Ray Felton that are on our roster. Very conspicuous absence of a C and PG is crap as well

4. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    RIP DALLAS

RIP PORTLAND

SPURS WIN

5. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

FINAL 2016 STANDINGS PREDICTION

WESTERN conference:
    1. oklahoma city THUNDER
    kevin duraaant
    2. golden state warriors
    WARRIORS lead by steve kerr and the reigning mvp MARSESE SPEIGHTS WART
    3. san antonio SPURS
    if the spurs dont keep patty mills this will drop to 9th seed GUARANTEED
    4. clippers
    lol clipper nation sucks clippers will never make it past second round
    5. memphis
    old people are pretty cool like vince carter
    6. rockets
    who likes this team seriorsly it has dwight howard in it LOL
    7. pelicans
    ANTHONNY DAVIISSSS BROW TOO GOOD
    8. jazz
    trey burke trey lyles same first name unstoppable combo

EASTERN conference:
    lol no

Micaiah and Ortheore like this.
  6. NAVIDAD PIRATE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    duster you're a terrible poster not having the spurs in first. although I agree with the teams that make the playoffs except for maybe the jazz who might be overtaken by the suns

this is how I see the east:

1. cavs
    this is non-negotiable barring catastrophic injury

2. hawks
    lost carroll but the remaining core is still intact. a bit worried about their postseason performance. I could see them dropping from 2 to like 4/5 but coach bud is solid

3. heat
    one of the best theoretical starting 5s in the east. winslow was a fucking steal. the real question is whether or not dwade and bosh can stay healthy

4. wizards
    wall and beal and porter a year better and they legit looked terrifying in the postseason. don't think losing pierce will hurt too much

5. bucks
    will have the best defense in the league. if giannis and/or jabari make "the leap" this team will be in the conference finals

6. bulls
    I don't see them as an elite team anymore. rose, noah, and pau aren't the same players and they have no decent wing depth. if they were smart they'd trade gasol and give his minutes to mirotic but they probably won't

7/8. pacers/raptors/I don't even know
    there's a lot of clutter for the bottom two. the raptors have been strong the past two years but their post asb last year and postseason looked godawful. the pacers get paul george back but they're not much better otherwise from last year. I really want this to be the magic's year to make the postseason but I don't think it will all coalesce by november; they'll probably have a utah-esque performance post asb. celtics are in the mix too since brad stevens is a gr8 coach but the team just doesn't look complete to me.

pistons/knicks/nets/hornets can all make noise but I don't see any of them surpassing the above 10 teams.

lol 76ers

7. Oh So Shoddy

Oh So Shoddy Devil's Advocate

No love for my Suns huh? You see my boys in summer league? If Spurs can celebrate that 'ship then so can I. TJ Warren RotY!

8. NAVIDAD PIRATE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    suns are perpetually stuck in 9th rip

9. viamage

viamage That one guy

nah I see the suns coming back to the playoffs,

but I see GS and SA(maybe a little bias?) will definately take the top 2 western seeds order tbd. OKC lost momentum this last year with all the injuries and plus it's been the same story with them for the past 5 or so years, sure they have great players, but they dont have any new good/great talent in the mix, making them more predictable. Still they will probably clock in at #3 in the west. The Spurs big acquisition of Aldridge gives Duncan The best frontcourt he;s had since Robinson. Trying to be unbiased as possible, the spurs are looking like super solid championship quality right now.

10. NAVIDAD PIRATE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    hi friends

celes and I are restarting the fantasy basketball league this year again yay

we'd like to pare down to 12 teams if possible, so if you participated last year and would like to again this year let us know in this thread. I believe atm @Water @Duster and @Dark Phoenix and his brother are the only confirms

Duster likes this.
  11. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

Currently we have: Me, Meowmix, Water, Diamondslight, Jinora/Duster, Dark Phoenix, Dark Phoenix's Brother pretty confirmed. People that were in last year that definitely get a first priority would be @Ortheore (at least I'm pretty sure one of these teams was ortheore), @Oh So Shoddy (whom we probably have to contact via Skype), same for Hamek. Kind of waiting on a response for someone Dark Phoenix knows that played last year (I would say it's his lover, but @MeowMix has already joined us). So that leaves at least up to 2 spots left potentially if the previous players are returning. But if those 3 want to confirm for us, that'd be lovely. If Meowmix wants to let me know when/if he gets a response from Dark Phoenix on his other associate lover if they are going to return, that'd be swell, and best case we have anywhere up to 5 spots open, worst case just 1. If DP's lover doesn't rejoin us, then we could also take the size of the league down to 10, if all others rejoin. But, that's where we stand right now.

12. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

I did play last season, but towards the end I just completely lost interest, so I don't think I'll be joining again

13. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    in to watch my hawks lose in playoffs and not actually pick any of their players kek

La.HyperOffense likes this.
  14. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

hey you know if okc can get a real bench and cameron payne keeps getting better they might actually stand a chance against the warriors

15. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

2016 bump
    embiids a bEAST

16. Cheezeburgar

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    i bet my roomate $10 webstrook outscore lerbon before season started

ezest money of my life

La.HyperOffense likes this.
  17. Micaiah

Micaiah Bop it

PO Trainer Name:
    Micaiah
    Clippers are finally gonna make it past the 2nd round this year, calling it. Lebron gonna win another ring tho beating the Warriors again and posting a Quadruple-Double in game 7. He's then gonna leave Cleveland and join the 76ers and create the best duo ever with Jo3l 3mbiid the GoAT

Water likes this.
  18. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

WHAT IS WRONG WITH U

19. Cheezeburgar

PO Trainer Name:
    John
  20. La.HyperOffense

La.HyperOffense <(:0)OOoo>

PO Trainer Name:
    Monefa
    It's sad to see my Hawks go from 9-2 to 10-12. I think they need better rim defenders and shotblockers, they're too focused on offense imo.