1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

November/December/January ORAS LU Tier & Potential Suspects

Discussion in 'Gen 6 LU' started by Aurist, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

XY UU -> ORAS LU

[​IMG] Diancie
    [​IMG] Doublade
    [​IMG] Honchkrow
    [​IMG] Porygon2

XY LU -> ORAS UU

[​IMG] Ampharos
    [​IMG] Cloyster
    [​IMG] Roserade
    [​IMG] Tentacruel
    [​IMG] Toxicroak

XY NU -> ORAS LU

[​IMG] Druddigon
    [​IMG] Dugtrio
    [​IMG] Hitmonchan
    [​IMG] Hitmontop
    [​IMG] Rotom-H
    [​IMG] Smeargle

XY LU -> ORAS NU

[​IMG] Cofagrigus
    [​IMG] Klefki
    [​IMG] Tangrowth
    [​IMG] Zoroark

While the new changes to the tier aren't earth-shattering, these next couple months are definitely looking like a shake-up for the LU tier. With Krookodile and Mega Houndoom banned we were sure to see a meta shift, meanwhile a few of the LU/UU drops have balanced out with us receiving Doublade and Porygon2, two nice defensive pokemon, while re-losing Roserade and Tentacruel. Cloyster and Toxicroak also leave, and major player in the meta Ampharos leaving is bound to shift some things up.

As far as new things go, Honchkrow is bound to be a huge threat for obvious reasons, and the ever-overlooked Diancie graces our tier with its mega-bulk, perhaps it will finally find a home tier.

Rotom-H, Druddigon, Dugtrio, and Hitmontop all take their rightful place in LU while Hitmonchan raises almost completely because Mega Houndoom used to be in the tier and will probably drop again. Smeargle continues to fluctuate between tiers, generally doing its thing. And sorry on behalf of all LU players are to be given to NU for dropping Cofagrigus and Zoroark on them - Klefki and Tangrowth will be nice additions to their tier I'm sure but all of the drops to NU were pokemon that are very legit in LU.

As usual post things in this thread that you think are suspectable. We're not gonna rush a suspect here because we basically have a brand new meta with the crocodile and the satan dog gone but yeah. Try to avoid theorymon and back up your arguments where needed.

Also discuss what pokemon you consider to have become a lot more viable in the meta with Krookodile and Mega Houndoom gone.

The tier changes should be up on the server in not too long. Let's get discuss(t)ing

RIP devo RIP celes

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    Proof likes this.
  2. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

Honchkrow's back...with no Rhyperior to stop it this time (seriously UU, let it drop it's inferior to Mega Aggron). I guess SubCM Raikou's a good check and Honchkrow's still frail as hell, so I guess we'll see. Defensive Rotom-H could be a good check too. Losing MApmhparos was a big blow, as with MHoundoom being banned the only choice for a Mega LU has now is MBanette, which is an inferior Sableye. Diancie'll be interesting too. Overall I'm looking forward to testing this new tier.

Proof likes this.
  3. Santuga

Santuga Member

Mega Abomasnow :]

But yeah, Honchkrow is going to be a nuke in this meta, I'm glad it doesn't have Knock Off. Porygon2 will give balance an amazing pivot and it's a great pokemon all around, especially with Krook gone to Knock Off the Eviolite. I'm also very glad that Doublade is back even though Proof hates it, but idgaf it's a 13/10 Pokemon hehe. I don't know much about Diancie, never used that or the garbodix pre-evo Carbink, all I know is that MYNAMEISMOLTRESCOUNTER

As far as suspects go, I'd like to follow the pseudo-suspect on Rain, seeing as nothing has been done about it yet, and maybe Honchkrow depending on how the meta plays out. Also, I've seen multiple people running Gastrodon now, which is annoying me to shit because my Raikou doesn't have HP Grass. Please stop using that, kbye

Isa likes this.
  4. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Proof/Agufmo/Omfuga
    BR pointed out to me that Cofag will be disgusting without krook and mega doom in the tier, especially with rose gone, too. Otherwise a lot of things I hated in the tier left (tentacruel), which is good I guess. Satan dog lool

5. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

I think he meant mega Abomasnow is still a highly usable mega doom. Anyway based on what we did I would suggest keeping an eye to do a Honchkrow suspect. Last time it was here we would have suspected it if it weren't gonna rise the week after starting a suspect. It's power is incredible and moxie with a priority move is danger zone for a poke with it's power.

Diane and the rest should find average use in lu but the loss of rose is middling for me. Cloyster I never saw much of for any reason. I have more to say on other possible things but I'll save those for when I come back which will be later tonight.

6. Dr. Doom

That would make a lot more sense. I need to go to bed earlier...

I have used Honchkrow on my teams, and it's extremely powerful but ATM I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's broken yet. With a SR weakness, Brave Bird and possible Life Orb recoil it gets worn down very quickly. Not that that matters too much, given that it takes hits like toilet paper meaning switching it into anything is extremely risky, making it overly reliant on slow U-Turns/Volt Switches. Diancie can counter Honchkrow, if it's running a 248/0 spread and faster Electric types in general are good checks if it hasn't picked up any boosts yet. I agree that it needs a suspect, but it's not as cut and dry as I thought it would be.

Porygon2's annoying as hell. Without STAB Fighting moves it's very difficult to KO, and there aren't a whole lot of good Fighting types since Machamp and Heracross left. It'd be nice to see a defensive Pokémon suspected for a change.

7. East's Mascot

East's Mascot The Tyrant

Initial thoughts

Honchkrow is definitely something to watch out for. Checks/counters: Gligar, Diancie, Rotom-H, Sub Raikou, Hippowdon, Alomomola, Bronzong (has to wear down w/ Toxic), Klefki, Cresselia (this is all that comes to mind, and some are very iffy ie Alomomola which can get 2hko'd if rocks are up w/ favorable rolls or a little prior damage)
    Porygon2: Unless you've got the power of Honchkrow w/ a move as powerful as Superpower, you aren't 2hkoing this behemoth. This little duck is a huge defensive threat and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets suspected later down the line, but it's a little too early to say if things are outright broken or not.
    Diancie: Medicore mon, it checks Honchkrow but it's typing really isn't amazing otherwise. It has nice bulk, but low hp and speed. Access to rocks, but no recovery. Kinda meh mon.
    Doublade: I'm fine with this coming back, as long as Snorlax/Entei stays away...

8. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    Use Klefki and Delphox n_n

Both are going to be awesome this metagame, Klefki can kinda check/counter Honchkrow and that's really cool so yeah, depending on the Honch set obviously (if it runs Heat Wave or not) But we'll see how it works out, Delphox has been awesome in my Non-Krook/Doom meta tests, and its Stabs blow everything up, I run Wisp or CM/Fire Blast/GK/Psyshock because Sucker blows but Croak is moving up soo,,, maybe Substitute 'cause yeah. It's solid. Amazing coverage and Mega Amph was a check at sometimes and now it's gone soo,,, go for it

9. Aurist

Hi y'all, as PO transitions into ORAS we're gonna be considering this to be ORAS LU here in, meaning all new megas and pokemon with new moves etc are up for discussion. I'm renaming the thread to fit that. So let's discuss broken shit!

For the record, the new megas currently in LU are:

Altaria, Diancie, Sceptile, Lopunny, Gallade, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Steelix, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Glalie, Audino

jesus christ that's a lot of megas

10. Santuga

Santuga Member

Of those megas, Beedrill, Sceptile, Diancie, Gallade, Pidgeot and most likely Altaria aren't going to stay in the tier seeing as they have a lot going for them. Then again, they all take up a mega slot so who knows, but I bet Mega Ampharos will return :]

I'm looking forward to see Camerupt and Glalie, because they're cool

11. Fiery Espeon

Fiery Espeon The fire never bothered me anyway ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Fiery Espeon
    Mega Lopunny needs to go to ORAS OU/UU. It hits hard, is speedy, and gets Fake Out, and Scrappy. Not to mention it gets HJK, gets Return-STAB, and can setup w/ Power Up Punch. It probably needs to go to UU since its really, really frail. But, it still can take out a lot of Pokes out of a team.
    I think Mega Lopunny, Mega Gallade and Mega Sharpedo are the only ones that may rise up. Mega Camerupt and Mega Audino may fall down to ORAS UU as they are outclassed by other Pokemon in LU, and they are not worth the mega stone. Mega Gallade gets a massive Speed Boost, so it needs to rise up to ORAS UU. I would say its the new "Mega Medicham". It hits hard, and devastates walls/Pokemon. UU might need to get rid of it in the future tho. In terms of Mega Sharpedo, its just good at setting up. Protect, get the Speed Boosts, get the Mega Evolution and then rekt with Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang/Earthquake.

Mega Glalie will probably be more present in ORAS LU. Its great ! A set I have been using is Ice Shard/Frustration/Explosion/Spikes. Frustration can hit hard, especially with Glaciate and STAB. Honestly, it will be really good/fun to use in LU.

12. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    I know everyone been complaining about Mega Diancie and Mega Altaria, I agree they are really strong and maybe even broken. But from my ladder experience Mega Gallade seems so much more threatening.

With Sword Dance / Close Combat (Drain Punch if you are into that) / Knock Off / Psycho Cut, Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch or Shadow Sneak it can break through every wall in LU:

+2 252 Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 280-330 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
    +2 252 Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 320-378 (72 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    +2 252 Atk Gallade Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 214-254 (48.1 - 57.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
    +2 252 Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 390-459 (73 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery [note that this spread is aids]
    +2 252 Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 118-139 (35.4 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    +2 252 Atk Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gligar: 190-225 (57 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    +2 252 Atk Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 241-285 (59.3 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [this one is actually nice]
    +2 252 Atk Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 276-325 (67.9 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    +2 252 Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 238-280 (73.9 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [how is this bulkier than Cresselia, holy shit]
    +2 252 Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 301-355 (71.6 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The damage calcs are nice, but that's not the only thing going for it. Getting a Sword Dance off isn't that hard, thanks to its ability to force switches and its improved bulk. Hippowdon has a chance of not 2HKOing even if Sand is up and with 112 Attack it probably is the strongest wall you are going to find. Aromatisse does 2HKO it, but it can't really switch into +2 healthy Gallade and win (0 SpA Aromatisse Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 182-216 (65.4 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). Doublade 2HKOes with Shadow Claw + Shadow Sneak 100% of the times

Being at +2 all the time is fairly impossible, unless you are the average suspect poster, but unboosted Galblade can still wreck teams, specially offensive oriented ones. Without a boost it'll have problems breaking most walls with raw strength, but the fact it has Knock Off means nothing really switches into it for free and leftover-less walls are incredibly easy to wear down (you gotta lova Knock Off :]).

Revenge killing is an option, because 110 speed is slow enough to be slower than most scarfers and other fast Pokemon. Still, it is faster than things like Durant and it can tank priority like a champ / "weak" hits like a champ:

252+ Atk Choice Band Zoroark Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 195-229 (70.1 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [this set doesn't exist]
    252 Atk Life Orb Zoroark Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 153-181 (55 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 134-162 (48.2 - 58.2%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Hitmonchan Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 58-69 (20.8 - 24.8%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
    252 Atk Flygon Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 171-202 (61.5 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 180-213 (64.7 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 214-252 (76.9 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 198-234 (71.2 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 SpA Rotom-H Overheat vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 162-192 (58.2 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

etc

I still need to test it myself, but we should probably start looking into its potential brokeness.

Aurist likes this.
  13. Dr. Doom

Seen something worrying when looking at the usage statistics:

Absol 3.0207 108

Maybe I'm being paranoid, I was very nervous when Honchkrow and P2 dropped and neither seem broken yet, but if M-Absol drops it'll wreck.

14. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

I figure I might as well bring up some potential things to look at before the tier change:

Beedrill - Mega Bee for me is strong and fast, a bit underwhelming at times for certain bulkier targets, but plays very well in the current LU. With a super-STAB U-Turn and the need for Protect, your last two moves go to either Knock Off/Drill Run/Poison Jab for coverage moves. It looks to be rising to UU after this shift, so I dunno if it's worth a suspect at this point, but the simplicity of it is that it's momentum U-turn is strong as hell and let's you have the advantage of a switch if you don't kill something or they send in something to wall the hit despite the fact it's livability is a big question. This thing will likely rise anyway, but possibility of doing it before the changes.

Slurpuff- Belly set with Unburden is pretty insane to handle. With the access to drain punch, it can now recover damage it took to get the power it has. More or less a gimmick and needing a perfect scenario set up, but it has power to influence a lot of teams thanks to some natural bulk that against pokemon that haven't set up, the most it'd take from natural neutral hits is roughly 60% so belly is almost always gonna be set off. There are options to handle it, but it could be something worthy of a suspect at a point.

Sharpedronite - I've seen a few people comment for or against this for a suspect, but hell I might as well bring it up. It has incredible power, but without a +1 speed, it's put in a higher tier to deal damage, but finds trouble against some of the faster pokes in the tier, as well as most scarfers. Ice Fang and Crunch being boosted help it, but so far with how the tier looks like it will change after this month, I'd say we should look at this one when the tier changes happen, as things will get shaken up a lot.

Knock Off - It's honestly pretty controversial here still, but at some point it should get talked about since it's something several of past TL's have wanted to discuss and possibly bring up as a discussion. Best current spammable move that were pretty big contributions for two others pokemon ending up banned. Most pokemon that get it, don't really make good use of it, but there's enough pokemon that do get it that have great support use for it or an offensive use for it. With how the tier looks to change, it might be good to wait on something like this til the start of the next change though to see how things change.

There are several other things I could bring up, but depending on how the next two weeks go, LU is going to change a lot, we will lose a lot of things, and we'll gain a few things, but it's all dependent on UU and how things are up there. These 4 things are some things I mention now as we can focus on for the remainder of this incarnation of LU and look towards into the next few months of LU.

Aurist likes this.
  15. Alternate Account

Alternate Account New Member

Hi.
    I agree with Celestial Phantom on these pokémons and would like to add some more which I consider broken/unhealthy for the current LU tier:

Honchkrow:At the moment,Honchkrow is one of the best physical attackers in the tier.It has 125 base attack which can nearly 2hkoall of LU's walls with it's STAB Flying and Dark attacks.Even though it has bad speed to be a sweeper(Base 71),a STAB priority move like sucker punch kind of solves the problem.It doesn't need boosting moves to sweep because of moxie which grants it +1 Attack each time it knocks out a foe.It's bad defenses and SR weakness might make it hard to sweep teams,but vs.Stall/Balance it can break down defensive pokémons to let it's teammates sweep the opposing team.
    Vs. Offense it can use Sucker Punch to kill a weakened foe then clean with Stabs.Pursuit allows it to trap fleeing foes which makes it more of a problem.Access to Substitute means it can play mind games and potentially get a free substitute making it more harder to revenge kill.It also has Roost to keep itself healthy.(Although has harder time to roost off)
    Now time for some calcs:

vs Rotom-H:
    252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Night Slash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-H: 109-130 (35.9 - 42.9%) -- 26.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
    Can easily 2HKO after some prior damage.
    vs Aromartisse:
    252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 242-285 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
    Easy 2HKO.
    vs Alomomola:
    252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Brave Bird vs. 104 HP / 248+ Def Alomomola: 227-269 (45.6 - 54.1%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
    This is the standard set which clearly gets 2HKO'd with Brave Bird.
    vs Gligar:
    252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 126-149 (37.8 - 44.7%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
    Nearly a 2HKO and gligar can't do anything other than roosting to heal off the damage or U-turn out.
    vs Cresselia:
    252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 203-242 (45.7 - 54.5%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
    Another 2HKO.
    vs Porygon-2:
    252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 142-168 (37.9 - 44.9%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
    Nearly 2hko'd.Also Defensive Porygon-2 isn't used so much.

For these reasons,I believe this big boss pokémon needs a suspect in LU.

Nidoqueen:Next up is Nidoqueen.Nidoqueen's base 75 Special attack stat might look bad,but with Sheer Force and Life Orb as a item,Nidoqueen actually gets 1.7x boost to each of it's attacks that has a secondary effect.Like Honchkrow,Nidoqueen will not sweep opposing team most of the time,it will break defensive walls.It has a wider move pool consisting of STAB Sluge Wave,Earth Power;And coverage moves like Ice beam,Fire Blast,Focus Blast,Thunderbolt which are enough to do it's job.More ever,It has access to two hazards namely Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes meaning it can be a hazard setter.It's typing means it has weakness to common Water/Ice/Ground/Psychic moves,but an immunity to Electric and resistance to Fairy/Fighting lets it come in some 'mons.It's Ground typing means it gets only half of the normal Stealth Rock damage,and Poison typing enables it to absorb toxic spikes,making it easier to switch in.Now some calcs:

vs Empoleon:
    252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 273-322 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
    Easy 2HKO.
    vs Registeel:
    252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 205-244 (56.3 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
    Easy 2HKO.
    vs Cresselia:
    252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Cresselia: 148-175 (33.3 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
    Cresselia doesn't get 2hko'd by any attacks,can heal up with Moonlight/Nearly 2HKO with Psyshock.Good counter.
    vs Porygon2:
    252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 169-200 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
    Even though Focus Blast Nidoqueen is rare,it can 2HKO Porygon2.
    vs Jellicent:
    252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 212+ SpD Jellicent: 182-216 (45.1 - 53.5%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
    Same as Porygon2,Thunderbolt is rare but still 2HKO's Jellicent.
    vs Porygon-2:
    252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 142-168 (37.9 - 44.9%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
    Nearly 2hko'd.Also Defensive Porygon-2 isn't used so much.
    vs Bronzong:
    252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 203-239 (60 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
    Fire Blast fries the metal bell.

With such wide move pool powered up by Sheer Force and Life Orb,I believe Nidoqueen has very less counters in LU.Therefor,I belive,a Nidoqueen suspect would be nice for the tier.

16. Twerk

Twerk End Game Team

PO Trainer Name:
    [EG]上帝
    After laddering in LU for a while, there are a few Pokemon who definitely stood out as banworthy.
    First off, Nidoqueen- This thing can destroy entire teams if not planned out.

Next there is Honchcrow- One of the most powerful attackers in LU, very few things can check this thing, especially if he gets +1

Then there is Beedrillite- While very fragile, Mega Beedrill has high speed and access to U-Turn so it can get out in a tight situation. His high attack and the ability Adaptability poses a huge threat for Defensive walls

And lastly Mega Sharpedo- He is also a huge threat to LU teams, as he can get a Speed boost which lets him sweep whole teams after he Mega Evolves.

---EDIT---
    Forgot to add Slurpuff to the list. This thing is far too OP for LU because it's hard to do 50% to it in one turn(Especially if it comes in on a wall) so it almost always gets Belly Drum up and then is incredibly hard to kill.
    Also you really need to do 75% so he definitely can't get BD up or else it's goodbye to your team

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  17. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Yet another person trying to ban nidoqueen when it's just doing its job as a wall breaker

18. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I'm not sure how much this will help, but I did chart out some stuff as far as what's moving where next month. I'll put everything in a spoiler, but it should probably help with discussion and such.

Cacturne
    Glalie
    Lanturn
    Dragalge
    Wobbuffet
    Golbat
    Amoonguss
    Hippowdon
    Xatu
    Tangrowth
    Klefki

Dugtrio
    Starmie
    Abomasnow
    Kabutops
    Banette
    Kingdra
    Shuckle
    Durant
    Porygon2
    Smeargle

Empoleon
    Rotom-H
    Gligar
    Azelf
    Alomomola
    Nidoqueen
    Celebi
    Raikou
    Cresselia
    Beedrill

Absol
    Aggron
    Aerodactyl
    Ampharos
    Rhyperior

I'm sensing one of the bigger problems come next month will be Mega Absol, but only time will tell.

19. Aurist

Yess keep the posts coming please

Joeypals I believe you have only counted this month's usage when making that post when usage is calculated by averaging out 2 months usage with weighting on the second month.

Correct list:

LU/NU->UU

Empoleon
    Tentacruel
    Roserade
    Beedrill
    Rotom-H
    Alomomola
    Azelf
    Gallade (NU)
    Celebi
    Shedinja (NU)
    Gligar
    Vaporeon (NU)
    Politoed
    Kingdra
    Pidgeot (NU)
    Cresselia

UU->LU

Rhyperior
    Aggron
    Absol
    Aerodactyl
    Cloyster

LU/NU-> OU

Lopunny (NU)
    Diancie

LU-> NU

Starmie (but it's like 0.03% away)
    Dugtrio
    Abomasnow
    Yanmega
    Smeargle
    Banette

NU->LU

Sceptile
    Dragalge
    Slurpuff
    Tangrowth
    Cinccino
    Xatu
    Hippowdon
    Wobbuffet
    Golbat

----

Now about suspects. A suspect of Beedrill would have occurred but it was very clearly going UU very soon. The main possible suspects I want to look at right now are Slurpuff and Knock Off. W/r/t Knock Off we have an interesting situation where a couple users of the move are rising but big scary users like Absol appear to be arriving. With that said the main reason I have been wanting a Knock Off suspect is because of the sheer insane prevalence in the tier alongside its over-the-top utility as a powerful attack, being a fundamental contributing factor to a number of broken pokemon being broken. With a few less Knock Off users in the tier that may not be an issue any more but we'll have to see. Slurpuff is a pretty obvious suspect and I've seen a number of people supporting it in here already so that will probably be the first suspect at the start of next month. Absol looks to be an obvious early suspect but we'll have to see. The tier is shifting incredibly and it's really not gonna look like how we know it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  20. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I did count both months, maybe my math was just wrong or something along those lines, plus forgetting a few. :x I did 66% on the 2nd month and 33% on the first.

As for the rest of the post, I'd be totally OK with a Mega Absol and Knock Off suspect. Mega Absol is pretty fast and smacks pretty hard, plus it usually runs something along the lines of Fire Blast or Ice Beam to take care of any physical wall that could cause it problems, such as Rhyperior or Aggron.

As for Knock Off, I've been on the fence about it, mainly due to the fact that it's been here since Gen III with the same effect and there wasn't an issue. However, with the power surge, it's not only a disruption, but a solid coverage move that can mess up the strategy of anything that needs to take a hit from it.

EDIT: Question! That link you sent me for the calcs has Porygon2 with (iirc) about a 3.4% usage. Why wouldn't that fall?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.