1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Inverted Battle] The Rite of Spring

Discussion in 'Team Showcase' started by Windblown, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Windblown

Windblown sable knight

The Rite of Spring

I meant to RMT this after the summer Pokemon League season ended, but forgot. It’s an old team that I made to see what I could do about the really stale AvaChans meta which was popular earlier in the year (and still is…) This also worked when Snorlax and Diggersby were around which is why I haven’t had teams with offensive pokes slower than Diggersby lol.

Team style is hyper offense with a focus on deviating from Normal spam while still having things bulky enough to not get OHKO'd by typical Normal-type Choice spammers so the opposing team also can't switch in their things freely without taking lots of damage. It's fairly simple for people new to Inverted to use imo.

Name is from the Stravinsky opera. Team banked on Celebi to destroy defensive cores so I figured I would have the name relate to the Grass type that I found so effective on this team.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scolipede (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Endeavor
    - Megahorn
    - Aqua Tail

Hazard lead to break Focus Sashes. Speed Boost + Endeavor and Focus Sash is great for taking down a slower poke without priority down to 1 HP as well, which I usually attempt to do to Avalugg. Megahorn for STAB, and Bug typing is great in Inverted to hit fliers, Fire-types, Steels, Poisons, etc. Aqua Tail is surprisingly effective synergy as it takes care of Grass types and hits weird stuff like Latios.

I don’t really recommend only using Spikes as your only form of hazards because they don’t touch Dragonite whose Multiscale is pretty important to take down. Other options for Scoli include Toxic Spikes and Poison Jab for another STAB move. Scoli really hates Breloom, so don’t lead with it if you see a Loom on the other team.

[​IMG]
    Celebi @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Heal Bell

The wallbreaker. Thanks to Chansey having so much HP you can set up to +6 as it Seismic Tosses, Heal Bell off status if needed, then proceed to drain up all your HP back. Grass is a really potent move in Inverted to hit so many times super-effectively. Psychic is actually the move needed to 2HKO iirc because Giga Drain has less BP.

[​IMG]
    Latios (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Calm Mind/Roost
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Grass Knot

Another wallbreaker thanks to Psyshock hitting physical defense. Draco Meteor absolutely melts anything that isn’t a Dragon or a pink blob. Grass Knot for that great STAB and the ability to OHKO Dragonite through Multiscale (don’t use Energy Ball, that doesn’t have enough power). Calm Mind is probably the better option to use on predicted Chansey switch-ins so Psyshock can really bust through it and because Latios generally doesn’t live too long to utilize Roost effectively but you can heal off Superpower-less Mamo, Garchomp, Rhyperior, and other Ground-types.

[​IMG]
    Manectric (M) @ Manectite
    Trait: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 244 SAtk / 12 SDef / 252 Spd
    IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SAtk
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Overheat
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Really good pivot for offense. Jolteon is another option you could use for your Volt Switcher thanks to higher base speed and the ability to use Choice Specs (since switching moves doesn’t really matter with no Ground-types able to block Volt Switch in Inverted), as well as his immunity to Electric always being on because his ability doesn’t change. Manectric’s Intimidate helps soften up priority though, and he CAN Volt Switch on Pory2 because the Mega Evolution takes place before the opponent’s switch so Trace Pory2 won’t trace Lightningrod. Thunderbolt is necessary STAB, Volt Switch to pivot off of Chansey switch-ins, Overheat for Water-types, and Hidden Power Grass is pretty much solely for Dragonite lol. But yeah, I find him most useful to mitigate Extreme Speed damage.

[The random 12 SDef EVs are there so Scarf? Pory-Z can't kill you with Uproar ever.]

[​IMG]
    Entei @ Assault Vest
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Sacred Fire
    - Extreme Speed
    - Bulldoze
    - Stone Edge

This is dog.

Entei was here to deal with Porygon-Z to an extent because Scarfed Pory-Z is a pain towards offense. Sacred Fire burns are annoying to deal with, especially when you switch Avalugg in to tank the Fire move but end up taking residual damage. Extreme Speed is just too good of a move to pass up. Bulldoze is odd but not much else you can really use on Entei, and it does hit Grass and Bug-types so lol, as well as the speed drop which could come in handy against Scarfers. Stone Edge for Fighting-types mostly, I think I really only needed it for Diggersby when it was legal too, but Entei doesn’t really have much to use with an AV build anyways.

EVs are to outspeed max speed Adamant Dragonite and still be pretty bulky.

[​IMG]
    Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Outrage
    - Extreme Speed
    - Ice Beam
    - Fire Punch

The king of inverted. You basically just click Extreme Speed and win games thanks to Dnite’s innate tankiness with Multiscale and his power backed by a Choice Band. Outrage is there just to muscle through Pory2/Chansey, as locking yourself in is pretty dangerous as Dnite’s best job is to clean up late game with Espeed. Ice Beam is there for Avalugg and the odd Cloyster I guess, which are the only things that can handle Dragonite. The last slot is kinda useless, but Fire Punch does allow you to hit Zygarde. Other things that can work are EQ for other Dragonites and Thunderbolt SPECIFICALLY for those Coil Zygardes.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to steal this team as I've moved on from fairly standard offense like this so I'll just counterteam my own team :]

Importable:
    Scolipede (F) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Speed Boost

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Spikes

- Endeavor

- Megahorn

- Aqua Tail

Celebi @ Life Orb

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

- Nasty Plot

- Giga Drain

- Psychic

- Heal Bell

Latios (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Calm Mind

- Draco Meteor

- Psyshock

- Grass Knot

Manectric (M) @ Manectite

Trait: Lightning Rod

EVs: 244 SAtk / 12 SDef / 252 Spd

IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SAtk

- Thunderbolt

- Volt Switch

- Overheat

- Hidden Power [Grass]

Entei @ Assault Vest

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Sacred Fire

- Extreme Speed

- Bulldoze

- Stone Edge

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)

- Outrage

- Extreme Speed

- Ice Beam

- Fire Punch

2. Daybreak

Daybreak can't touch this

PO Trainer Name:
    Daybreak
    You are never ready for zygarde.

Idk if you plan on using this team anymore but keldeo looks like a massive threat to this team considering it only needs to spam secret sword to massacre your team. maybe throw in a tyranitar somewhere to counter that keldeo weakness idk.

Outside of the fighting weakness the team looks really solid overall. But u are never prepared for zygarde :]