1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Cooking Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by Ortheore, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

You know, when I was a small child I loved playing pokemon, exploring the caverns of Johto catching new pokemon and levelling them until they evolved. It wasn't until much later that I realised there was something better than pokemon, a crazy idea that when applied to pokemon or to pretty much anything, improved things immensely. What if there were such a thing... as edible pokemon? Wouldn't that be great?

Would a nicely cooked Farfetch'd live up to the hype? Would Vanilluxe get upset if you started licking it? Wouldn't a Crawdaunt mornay be better than boring old lobster?

Would pokemon would make good foods and what ones would you eat?

2. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    Magikarp yn

3. Dreams

Dreams Active Member

SLURPUFF

4. DSM01

DSM01 Jammin' out

"Pokemon are friends, not food."

I'd definitely try a Slowpoke tail; they're delicious, nutritious, and may give me some regenerative abilities!

5. o c:

o c: Kittyloaf

Snorlax. Sure it'll take time to clean, season, cook etc but it's perfect for family gatherings, party for when I become pokémon champion!

6. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

Magikarp would actually be a really economical staple food imo. Its absurd abundance coupled with how easy it is to catch means that everyone that doesn't live in a desert would eat it, and it'd probably be really cheap as well. It's so common that there'd have to be a massive demand for it to be in danger of being overfished.

7. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    As a matter of fact, there is plenty of lore on the subject of cooking Pokémon.

The anime is abundant with instances of it. Let's take the AG episode "Hail to the Chef!" for example. The premise is that of two sisters in a rivalry trying to create good food with their Pokémon, Sneasel and Mr. Mime. One of the sisters specializes in creating good quality food with her Pokémon, while the other focuses on presenting the food neatly. In the end, we learn that teamwork is necessary, and that the Pokémon must cook together for the sake of their restaurant. But this isn't the only example. In another episode, Ash's Pikachu is mistaken for someone else's Pikachu, and is subsequently entered into a cookoff. This didn't end very well, because it turns out some Pokémon simply make better food than others.

But these occurrences of cooking Pokémon aren't exclusive the anime. There is in fact a chapter in the manga Magical Pokémon Journey called "Cooking With Jigglypuff." Sadly, this Jigglypuff didn't cook very well at all. But this shouldn't discourage anyone. Although the hegemony of Pokémon battling constantly demands fighting Pokémon, it is important to remember that there an exist an option to be a cooking Pokémon instead.

Indeed, while it's true that some Pokémon would be utterly helpless, I do believe that some Pokémon would make good food. Certainly, there are a few examples. Does your electric oven take an hour to preheat? Have Charmeleon do the baking! Having trouble dicing onions? Scyther doesn't! Looking for a food processor that actually mixes ingredients? Starmie's Rapid Spin will do it!

However, I have to disagree with you; I don't think Magikarp would cook very well. This is because fire is, by definition, necessary for cooking, and we know that fire cannot exist underwater. Magikarp live in water, and so if a Magikarp was involved in cooking, it would already be dead. Oh...

Yay, syntactic ambiguity!

pokemonnerd, Rioku and Ortheore like this.
  8. Psychic Daryl

Psychic Daryl Member

I wanna try some Kingler claw. :D
    And some Malamari calamari. (Inkay's too small)
    And Pignite and Combusken can just fry themselves if you can somehow make them do it.
    I don't need to say anything for Swirlix.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  9. amieebuglove

amieebuglove New Member

Slurpuff
    Miltank
    Vanillite (bc its fucking ice cream)
    Torchic (its chicken)

10. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    emboar, self cooked bacon
    I'm okay with this.

11. nintendofanboy101

nintendofanboy101 New Member

its hard to pick a edible pokemon but id go with gyarados simply put. FREE FISH MEAT FOR YEARS!!