1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Other] Fitness thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dr. Doom, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

A thread to talk about what you do (or don't do) to stay in shape.

I personally go swimming twice a week, and do circuit training once. I wish I didn't enjoy cake so much...

2. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    I used to play football for 10 years but I quit because I didn't have the time anymore, now I still play indoor football with friends twice a month or so.
    Also cycling up the hill to my uni's classes every day and passing people at lightning speed :]

About food, I can basically eat whatever I want without gaining weight.

3. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    I take jazz dance classes twice a week, sometimes four times a week. It's a great way to have fun and stay in shape.

As a vegan I don't feel like I get any credit for staying in shape. People assume you're supposed to look like you're going to drop dead of anemia any second, but it's not like there is no such thing as eating poorly as a vegan.. I mean, oreos are vegan, srsly. On the contrary, undereating has been an issue in the past for me, so maintaining a healthy cycle of exercise and food has been one of my focuses recently.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  4. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

I do climbing roughly three times a week, and every Friday I do a different sport. This Friday I'll be doing trampolining, last Friday was badminton. I generally detest actual exercise like running or gym stuff.

I can generally eat whatever I want without gaining weight too. I also have a plate of cake I recently finished in front of me. Generally, I cook my meals and that makes me highly conscious of what I'm putting into my body so everything balances out rather well in the end. I mostly avoid snack food, fizzy drinks, alcohol, and all that jazz.

5. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

If it weren't for the fact that I still live at home and hence get my mum's meals which are pretty good, I'm pretty sure my diet would be absolute shit. I mean I'm another guy who seems to eat lots of food and not gain (much) weight, but I'm really fucking scared of far I'm able to push that, especially because I know I'm prone to bad habits.

Exercise-wise I do a lot less than I used to do. Mid-high school I was a state level swimmer and a rep basketballer, then I dropped swimming and picked up a little more basketball. I was getting plenty of basketball in until my knees decided to just fall apart, which has meant that over the past 2 years or so my exercise regime has been highly erratic.

I'd been contemplating what other sports I could get into, given that I really wanna compete and I don't wanna spend a lot of time learning new skills, which leaves me with few options. So I started rowing recently- because I'm still learning, I'm only supposed to get 1 session a week, but I've ended up filling in for other learner crews regularly. This isn't a sport I can see myself doing just for fitness- either I'm competing or it's a waste of time in my eyes. It's not a guarantee or anything that I'll get that opportunity, but I'm pretty tall, with an athletic build so based on those characteristics I'm feeling hopeful. The thing that drew me to the sport is that it's got a relatively low skill barrier, and I've heard a fair few stories where people have picked up the sport and gone from complete beginners to competing at a high level in a relatively short amount of time

So I guess you could say it's a bit of an all or nothing approach for me. Either I'm full on into a sport or I consider my exercise level to be wholly inadequate

6. Sakuya Izayoi

Sakuya Izayoi love to hate

i love eating, i have a sweet tooth. when i eat something with lots of sugar like cake i end up feeling guilty at night about it and end up going out for a jog the next day q_q

im kinda lazy atm compared to my younger years. when i was younger i was a triathlete and developed a habit for jogging in the morning before going to school to keep in shape. i also took up muay thai as a form of self defense and because i like to kick people's butt >:O i also played volleyball when i was 13-17 because i had my growth spurt early. i took up netball 2 years ago and now i play it once or twice a week with friends just for recreational purposes.

im amazingly still skinny despite eating a lot :D

7. SongSing

SongSing KILLL

PO Trainer Name:
    SongSing
    i was p skinny dude for very long time, started doin wrestling in like 7th grade and did it for a few years, got me rly into shape bc whole body workout etc

i dont really do any sports anymore tho, but i do try to make a point of doing some sort of exercise at least once a day bc i own some minimal workout equipment (pullup bar, weights, etc)

im still p skinny, but atleast i have some muscle mass to make up for it
    i eat like a shit ton but i have fast metabolism or somethin so i cant get fat i guess hahas

8. Haze Victory

Haze Victory Dem slumps..~

I just cant resist cake lol,and my parent's cooking suffocates me -_-..I'd taken up boxing a couple of years back.High intensity workout and the training itself are what keep me fit.The best part is merely knowing it when you can cave ppl's skulls in :].Keeps me practicing,so am pretty lean atm.Eating a lot never made anyone fat lol.it's the ignorant man's diet that does it time and again XD

9. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

I've been trying to lose weight the last few weeks and so far it has been going good. I'm down 20 pounds in the past three weeks and I have been feeling a lot more energetic. I cut most of the useless calories out of my diet, and have been focusing on eating healthy. This has meant eating around 5 chicken breasts, a couple cups of cottage cheese, brown rice, broccoli, a salad, and fruit every day. Thankfully my school cafeteria has healthy options, so it hasn't made eating healthy that hard. I have also been biking for 45 minutes at a relatively high intensity every day. If you add that to cheer practice, I have been operating at around an 800 calorie deficit everyday that I don't have a game. This has allowed me to cut weight fairly quickly, while still retaining muscle mass thanks to all the protein I've been consuming. I weighed in at 252 this morning after starting at 275, and I'm looking to cut down to around 220 by the summer, where I will begin a healthy bulk to prepare for next season.

I have found that My Fitness Pal has been extremely useful for weight loss. It allows you to stay honest about what you are eating, and hit your calorie goals for every day. It also tracks your macros, so you can more easily hit calorie, protein, and fat goals, to avoid an imbalance. It's been all about calories in, calories out, so I have been able to eat pretty strictly with a few cheat days every week and still maintain weight loss.

10. Dr. Doom

@ All you people who can eat whatever you want without gaining weight.

Enjoy it while it lasts. When you get into your mid 20s, that stage will be OVER.

Joyverse likes this.
  11. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    I'm 22 :o

12. Cirno

Cirno Romantic

PO Trainer Name:
    Alice
    I eat a lot of, er, not healthy stuff (I'm a glutton for biscuits and cakes, and have a weird affinity for dairy products) and am still a little underweight so that's not good.

My exercise is also non-existent. Oops.

I'm bad at this.

13. Samphire

Samphire Too much hard work!

What is exercise?

14. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

I try to play tennis as much as possible but it's kinda cold here so that's been on hold for a while :(

But yeah, my eating habits are pretty unhealthy but I don't really gain too much weight so there's not really any incentive for me to work out / exercise.

15. Insane Soul

Insane Soul Griffith did nothing wrong.

PO Trainer Name:
    Insane Soul
    Swimming 2x a week
    Lifting my jumbo stick once a day
    Home workout twice a day
    Fucking your mom 420x a minute XDD

ShowMeTheMankey likes this.
  16. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Basically what Cirno said but I'm not fortunate enough to not gain mass from it.
    But I'm trying to improve now at least! I mean I'm still too ashamed of myself to like, hit the gym. But I can do shit in my own way until I'm not.

Fuzzysqurl likes this.
  17. bugzinator

bugzinator Well-Known Member

I run for the bus sometimes and take a lot of drugs which keeps my mind away from food

Played football back in the day but always ended up quitting the team during winter, have never really been into massive amounts of sports or exercise but there's loads of hills where I live and my diet is solid so I stay in decent shape I guess. ;]

It's tough to get in to exercise/working out seriously unless you have something to really motivate you, would recommend just trying to keep your diet healthy and staying pretty active during the day to start off with and seeing where it goes from there, no point in diving in at the deep end and feeling bad because you couldn't stick to it!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  18. Space-Medafighter-X

Space-Medafighter-X Tohjo

PO Trainer Name:
    Tohjo
    /fit/
    I do go to the gym weekly and I walk everywhere but the reason I have abs is because of how I eat.
    Abs are made in the kitchen, and not in the gym.
    I'm going to start strength training come April. I recommend Elliot Hulse's videos, they're great if you want to keep up the motivation to work out

19. Haze Victory

That.

And BTW,if you're looking forward on starting strength training,you might as well check out Stronglifts.(Feel free to torrent it.Idea ain't the writers anyway,but an old method that gave powerlifters tons of success in the past!)
    Thing helped me kick butt,back when I was into boxing!

20. ShowMeTheMankey

ShowMeTheMankey savage

I want Somalia's workout regime

Insane Soul likes this.
  21. SOMALIA

SOMALIA The King.

one year of lifting bros

[​IMG]

@56kgs 11% body fat

dun ever give up brothers

22. Dr. Doom

Very impressive. I wish I had the dedication to build that kind of muscle tone.

23. SOMALIA

SOMALIA The King.

Nah man, if one can do it anyone can do it, trust me when you see results you become motivated so keep at it :(, this might be good to you but a whole year and i havent been able to bulk up to 75kg which i wanted, but i still am gonna keep going at it mayn

24. [OG] Swanna Lady

[OG] Swanna Lady Y.......Yo......You.....YOU'RE FAT!

PO Trainer Name:
    [OG] Swanna lady
    I do no exercise whatsoever and eat everything.

....I'm not fat.

25. Dr. Doom

Wait til you get to your mid 20s. If you're already there...you're bloody lucky.

26. [OG] Swanna Lady

[OG] Swanna Lady Y.......Yo......You.....YOU'RE FAT!

PO Trainer Name:
    [OG] Swanna lady
    I might not last till mid-20's...........

27. Haze Victory

If we studied at the same college then I'd probably get a holiday for you..erm,not lasting.
    #Blackhumour #Thatwouldabeensoepic:3

Also,I find sugarfree as a sugar substitute to be incredibly helpful as sugar used to be one of my main sources of calories in the past,and I've noticed incredible results without it.Any low-calorie artifical sweetner will do imo,I mainly use sugarfree coz lol.That's pretty much the only sweetner they sell here.
    (Sound like a salesman -_-?)