1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Vs Nobody

Discussion in 'Bug Wasteland' started by Nightfall Alicorn, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Caught another bug in my net. This one is odd, sort of feels like encountering Missingno on gen 1.

I'm not fully sure how this happened. But I think I clicked Find Battle at some point and got disconnected without knowing. I don't know if it was when I was connected and clicked Find Battle, or I was disconnected and clicked Find Battle. When I reconnected. I just found myself in battle with no one. No team selection window came up and moves were click-able with no Pokemon out.

[​IMG]

There was no win, lose or draw message but the battle started message did occur.
    (02:21:38) ORAS Hackmons battle between Nightfall Alicorn and started.

2. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

According to your other thread, you're not fully updated... Also just going to point out that it is very difficult to investigate a bug if it can't easily be recreated. Can you see if you can get it to activate again (but on the most updated version please)? I've got the unfortunate problem of good expensive internet, so disconnections aren't exactly my thing, so if there is something at fault, fixing this would be nearly blind.

I'm going to say the likely cause is that you did indeed disconnect and the other player forfeited/closed the window because they didn't want to deal with the disconnect.

3. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    He is fully updated. The version he doesn't have isn't a release

4. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    It was just a patch for the hackmons="true" value in team file fix I think. I try reproducing the bug if I believe I've lagged out and disconnected and try Find Battle and wait a minute before reconnecting and see what happens.

But wouldn't the battle server auto check if the player is on the server before allowing the battle to start? There was no battle window till I reconnected and the app wasn't closed I think.

5. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

Ah my bad then.