1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS UU] First RMT (Balanced)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by HatcherGold, Apr 23, 2015.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. HatcherGold

HatcherGold New Member

[​IMG]

Swampert-Mega (F) @ Swampertite
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
    Relaxed Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Earthquake
    - Scald

I wanted to use a set like this for a while (defensive Mega Swampert) so I finally decided to make a team that I could use it on. Swampert is already a really good defensive Pokemon and with the Mega Evolution, the bulk just gets bigger and it hits harder. I went with RestTalk because as I went through the construction of my team, I did not include a Wish Pokemon, so I gave Mega Swampert a pretty standard RestTalk set.

[​IMG]

Granbull (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Heal Bell
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Play Rough

Since Granbull became a Fairy type Pokemon, he has gained a lot of appreciation from me as I ran a Bulky Offensive set regularly on the ladder. With this team though, I wanted another physically defensive Pokemon who could take on some of the more hard hitting Fighting types in the tier while also being able to take some weight off Mega Swampert. Heal Bell helps relieve some of the status problems this team may run while just like Mega Swampert, due to a lack of a Pokemon with Wish, I went with a RestTalk set. This set looks really good on paper, but I have not found it very useful yet at this point on this team. Trying to decide whether to keep it or replace it with something else.

[​IMG]

Gallade (M) @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Psycho Cut

I still needed something to take special attacks, but I wanted whatever I chose to also be able to dish out some damage to those special attackers who came into play. Gallade seemed to be a good answer there, being able to OHKO Mega Pidgeot if necessary when Rocks are up while surviving a Hurricane in return. Also Gallade can 2HKO most Togekiss sets with Ice Punch. Originally I ran a set with 248 HP and 8 SDef, but found it problematic to not to be able to outrun fellow base 80 Spd Pokemon such as Togekiss, so I shifted the remaining EVs to Speed.

[​IMG]

Shaymin @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Rest
    - Air Slash
    - Earth Power
    - Seed Flare

Shaymin is a pretty straight forward add-on to the team. I felt like I needed something to take the Grass type hits for Mega Swampert better while also being able to deal with Mega Blastoise 1v1. That was about all the thought process that went on when adding Shaymin to this team.

[​IMG]

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Rock Slide
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

I wanted a Speedy Pokemon to take down threats that my other Pokemon may have trouble with and decided to go with Scarfed Darmanitan. This guy hasn't disappointed me at all, being able to take on Steel types, Grass types, and Dark types who may give me problems otherwise. Also it is just Darmanitan, the guy's STAB Flare Blitz is pretty insane on almost anything I run into.

[​IMG]

Aerodactyl (F) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

Classic set here. Since I didn't have Wish anywhere on the team and thus couldn't put Stealth Rock on Mega Swampert, I decided I needed a lead with it. Also I wanted something with Taunt since I wasn't running Defog or Rapid Spin. I was originally thinking Azelf, but I wanted something that could outspeed Azelf without a Scarf. So I decided to go with Aerodactyl. So far I've been happy with Aerodactyl as a lead, though having 3 ground type attacks on the team does feel redundant.

Importable
    Shaymin @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Air Slash
    - Earth Power
    - Seed Flare

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Flare Blitz
    - Rock Slide
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

Swampert (F) @ Swampertite
    Trait: Damp
    EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Earthquake
    - Scald

Gallade (M) @ Assault Vest
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Psycho Cut

Aerodactyl (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

Granbull (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Play Rough

2. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

ey
    Granbull is a decent mon but I'd have to say that Florges is just much better. It doesn't have to rely on rest and is much much specially fatter than Granbull is. It also has a comparable offensive presence but special with 100% accuracy and with a 30% SpA reduction chance. A Physical defensive cleric florges will probably keep your team in better shape than dog.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flower Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Moonblast
    - Protect
    - Wish

With your concern of having rocks on Swampert because of lacking wish out of the way (although I'm not sure why you were concerned about this) you can put rocks on Swampert in place of rest and some other move over Sleep Talk. Probably Toxic or Roar. With the set you use I also don't see much use in using Mega Swampert and I'd much rather free up the mega slot for something else on the team.

With the rocker taken care of you can make use of your Aerodactyl in other ways. You could either remove it and replace it with something that can deal with hazards, a defogger or Spinner. Or you can use Mega Aerodactyl if you should choose to remove the stone from Swampert. I don't really use Mega Aerodactyl a lot so I'm not 100% sure on what a good set in UU for it is. But here's the usage stats
    http://stats.pokemon-online.eu/ORAS UU/142.html

As an alternative path to that you could see Swampert replaced with Mega Blastoise and use something fat like Hippowdon or Rhyperior as a rocker.

Finally I would recommend trying Victini over Darmanitan. It's vulnerable to pursuit but it handles bulky waters a lot better than Darm ever could and is notably fatter. A scarf set with V-Create, Bolt Strike, U-Turn and Trick or Zen Headbutt should do fine.

Moderators: Edna, fsk