1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

ORAS UU Creative Movesets

Discussion in 'Gen 6 UU' started by Dr. Doom, May 4, 2015.

1. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

A thread to talk about creative sets which you've found to be effective (no shitty gimmicks please). They can also be modifications to pre existing sets, or sets you feel are under utilised.

I'll get the ball rolling

[​IMG]
    Machamp @ Leftovers
    Trait: No Guard
    EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk -SAtk)
    Substitute
    Dynamic Punch
    Knock Off / Stone Edge
    Heavy Slam

A revival of the old Gen 5 SubChamp set. Machamp's already a bitch to switch into - add Substitute into the equation, and things can turn nasty very quickly. Come in on something you scare out like Snorlax, Porygon2 or Empoleon and set up a Sub. Then start wrecking shit. Dynamic Punch is the STAB move, and the confusion could potentially save Machamp's life. Knock Off hits the Psychic and Ghost types that resist Dyanmic Punch, and also cripples Gligar and Doublade. Alternatively, Stone Edge can be used to KO Crobat and (after Stealth Rock) Victini on the switch. Heavy Slam wrecks UU's Fairies, OHKOing Specially Defensive Florges. The EVs let you outrun 0 Spd Florges, with Attack maximised and the rest in HP for bulk.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Sludge Wave
    Taunt
    Earth Power
    Ice Beam / Fire Blast

Crobat @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Infiltrator
    EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Taunt

Crobat (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Infiltrator/Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Giga Drain
    - Dark Pulse/Air Slash/Heat Wave
    - Nasty Plot

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  2. Just Do It

Just Do It No one cares

PO Trainer Name:
    Just Do It
    We didn't, so I'll move this up to the Sticky Threads area.
    I also have someone interesting:

[​IMG]

Nidoking @ Life Orb Lv. 100 -- Sheer Force

Nature: Timid - EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    • Sludge Wave
    • Taunt
    • Earth Power
    • Ice Beam/Fire Blast
    Well everything is pretty standard, but you'd obviously notice Taunt. I'll explain why this actually worth using over another move.
    Umbreons are everywhere which Nidoking does not like, and trying to Wish + Foul Playing isn't possible here which means Nidoking can actually beat this annoying support mon (since Foul Play 3hko's a Nidoking with 0 Atk IV's).
    It's also really useful vs mons who try to set up rocks/defog & also vs other bulky mons that try to set up/recover health in any way (Snorlax/Porygon2/Suicune).
    With this set you can have a strong role as a Anti Balance threat, and using it in your own balanced teams is advised :]

3. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

About the most interesting set I've used recently is this:

Crobat @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Infiltrator
    EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly nature

- Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Taunt

A fairly simple stallbreaker, but it has so much utility in the current metagame right now. Play your cards right, and you can shut down just about any wall apart from Forretress or the occasional Bronzong (Gyro Ball hurts). 232 HP hits one above a Leftovers number, which is ideal for switching into rocks and recovering HP, while the Speed is maxed out, due to Crobat enjoying outrunning as much as possible (though Speed tying with Aerodactyl and the uncommon Jolteon isn't exactly wise; I may tweak that), and the rest are in Attack to give Brave Bird a punch.

4. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    Speaking of Crobat

Crobat (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Infiltrator/Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Giga Drain
    - Dark Pulse/Air Slash/Heat Wave
    - Nasty Plot

Just something I've been fooling around w/ lately. It's kind of hard to chose a third move but it catches a lot of people off guard. With proper team support this can act as a late game cleaner.