1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS OU] Attack of the Robot Spider!

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by CakeofTruth, Jun 3, 2015.

?

How's the team?

1. This team is fire!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It needs a little work!

33.3%
  3. It just ain't gonna work!

66.7%
Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. CakeofTruth

CakeofTruth New Member

Hello everyone ^_^ This will be my 2nd RMT and is based around the terror that is the robot of mass destruction
    [​IMG]
    No. Not Steven. The giant robot thing behind him.

Anywho let's get on to the Team Building Process

The Core
    First of course I wanted to use Mega Metagross. It's a very anti-metagame Mega, being able to hit hard and fast. It's a very low risk and high reward Pokemon. It covers Azumarill's Posion Weakness and Hydreigon's Fighting, Ice, and Fairy weakness.
    [​IMG]
    The second member of the Core is a rabbit of pain and suffering, Azumarill. Mega Metagross isn't going to be breaking walls all by itself, so I added Azumarill as it easily breaks walls and check a large portion of the Metagame as well as covering Metagross's Ground and Fire weakness. It also helps Hydreigon destroy Dragons and covers Metagross's Dark Weakness.
    [​IMG]
    The last member of the DFS core is a Revenge Killer that my Core needed as well as something to cover Steel Types and Ghost Types as Metagross can't easily deal with them. I chose Hydreigon due to its expansive movepool and usefulness as a Revenge Killer with Scarf.
    [​IMG]
    The Goons
    Next I chose Raikou as my Special Wallbreaker. I chose Wallbreaking Kou over AV Kou because my team really needed a Special Wallbreaker and Hydreigon wasn't going to cut it. I also formed a Choice VolTurn Core with the addition of Raikou. It also found its way on my team as I have two Ground Immunities and another weakness is easily taken care of.
    [​IMG]
    Next I needed something to decimate Stall and form a bit of Defense onto the team. I chose Gliscor as it's immune to Status after its poisoned and utilizes Knock Off fantastically with Azumarill as they near perfectly cover each others weaknesses.
    [​IMG]
    Finally I needed a Hazard Setter, but Gliscor needed all the moveslots it can get. So I implemented Clefable as a psudo-cleric as it can reliably set up Rocks and breath new life into a member of my core through Healing Wish.
    [​IMG]

In-depth Analyisis

[​IMG]
    ~Dance baby dance~

Clefable @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Stealth Rock
    - Softboiled
    - Healing Wish
    - Moonblast
    Role: Dedicated Lead, Support

Clefable is the first part of my Defensive Glue. It's my dedicated lead as it nearly always gets up Stealth Rocks when I need them. Stealth Rocks is my entry hazard of choice as it always causes damage to something that switches in and limits switches. Softboiled is my option of recovery allowing Clefable to extend it's longevity. Healing Wish was chosen as all members of the Core are Status Bait and Healing Wish could give them a second change, potentially changing the game. Moonblast is Clefable's STAB giving it a method of consistent damage and keeping it from being Taunt Bait.

[​IMG]
    ~I will cut you~

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Posion Heal
    EVs: 244 HP / 36 Def / 156 SpD / 72 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Knock Off
    - Earthquake
    Role: Mixed Tank, Status Absorber, Stallbreaker, #2 Wincon

Gliscor is an excellent Mixed Tank, being able to take pain and dish it out. The Ev Spread is a bit different from Standard. I chose to only invest enough in SpD that with full investment I'll still reach that same goal. The HP is the Posion Heal number giving efficient healing. The Speed allows it to outrun Nuetral Nature Bisharp and below. The rest were dumped into Defense. Swords Dance gives it phenomenal power, allowing it to efficiently Stallbreak. Roost is recovery allowing it to heal up when desperately needed. Knock Off is utility, allowing it to cripple switch-ins and hit levitators. Earthquake is STAB allowing it to hit hard with a couple SD's under its belt.

[​IMG]
    ~This is my true power~

Raikou @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power Ice
    Role: Special Wallbreaker, Offensive Pivot

Raikou is one of the best Volt Switchers in the tier. With it's base 115 Speed it outruns a large amount of the Metagame. With Specs is reaches terrific power allowing it to Wallbreak efficiently. Thunderbolt is it Secondary STAB as most of the time you'll be clicking Volt Switch as it allows you to Pivot easily throughout the game. I chose Shadow Ball over Extrasensory as Mega Metagross easily handles Mega Venasaur and Keldeo. Hidden Power Ice allows Raikou to dent Ground Types that resist its STAB and KO Dual typed threats such as Garchomp and Landorus.

[​IMG]
    ~Fire! No, Freeze! No, Shock! Whatever.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - U-Turn
    - Draco Meteor
    Role: Revenge Killer, Cleaner, Scout

Hydreigon is one of the best Scarfers with its already decent base 98 Speed and excellent base 125 SpA. Fire Blast roasts the Steel Types that annoy Mega Metagross, always OHKOing anything weak to it after Stealth Rocks. Dark Pulse is its STAB allowing it to severely dent opposing Mega Metagross as well nearly OHKOing Latios after Stealth Rock. U-Turn gives it scouting potential in tandem with its Scarf allowing it to get out of sticky situations. Draco Meteor is a nuke allowing it to severely dent switch ins and a last ditch effort to injure something.

[​IMG]
    ~Bish Whet?~

Azumarill @ Choice Band
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
    Admant Nature
    - Play Rough
    - Knock Off
    - Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet
    Role: Priority, Physical Wallbreaker, Pseudo-Revenge Killer

Azumarill is an offensive behemoth. With Choice Band anything falls before it like soft butter. The Speed Ev's allow it to outspeed min Speed Scizor. The rest were placed in Attack and Bulk. Play Rough is its only Fairy STAB, but it hits like a truck and has a nifty chance of lowering Attack. Knock Off allows it to have an option against Steel Types and allows it to cripple switch in to the beast. Waterfall is its Water STAB allowing it to breaker bulkier opponents. Aqua Jet is its priority allowing it to bypass its horrific speed and Revenge Kill to an extent.

[​IMG]
    ~Dem claws tho~

Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body--->Tough Claws
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Grass Knot
    - Hammer Arm
    - Zen Headbutt
    Role: Mixed Sweeper, #1 Wincon

Mega Metagross is a deadly force to be reckoned with. Before Mega Evolution is has the great ability Clear Body so Intimidate, Sticky Web, and Defog doesn't phase it. After Evolution it has Tough Claws which is effectively a Life Orb boost without recoil. Meteor Mash despite the nerf still hits very hard with Tough claws backing it up. Grass Knot allows it to break past bulky water like Suicune and Mega Slowbro, as well as getting past defensive behemoths like Hippowdon. Hammer Arm is an excellent coverage move that destroys the likes of slower Dark Types, but it must be wary of the Speed drop. Zen Headbutt rounds out the coverage allowing it get past Fighting Types and smashing Mega Venasaur.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Grass Knot
    - Hammer Arm
    - Zen Headbutt

Azumarill @ Choice Band
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
    Admant Nature
    - Play Rough
    - Knock Off
    - Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - U-Turn
    - Draco Meteor

Raikou @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power Ice

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Posion Heal
    EVs: 244 HP / 36 Def / 156 SpD / 72 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Knock Off
    - Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Stealth Rock
    - Softboiled
    - Healing Wish
    - Moonblast

Gregory2192 likes this.
  2. Funbot28

Funbot28 Active Member

Mega Metagross is banned in OU

3. La.Neptune

La.Neptune Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Bork, Lord Neptune
    Just one sentence:Mega Metagross is banned in OU which means this team is actually Ubers and in my opinion this team wont work in ubers at all!!!

4. Haze Victory

Haze Victory Dem slumps..~

Mega Metagross is still OU on Smogon and that's probably where he put this team to use guys.
    At a glance tho mate,you seem to have covered up key weaknesses in your initial core,but that's either due to co-incidence or you wrote your building process wrong. Azumarril doesn't cover up Metagross's ground weakness and Metagross doesn't really patch up Hydriegon's fighting weakness either,but instead revenge kills fighting mons with Zen Headbutt.It still takes neutral damage from fighting hits tho.Hydriegon and Azumarril do patch up your ground and fighting weakness respectively tho,and I no idea to whether you used these mons intentionally or not, but you seem to have gotten there.
    As for the rest of your team, certain things really stand out, such as healing wish Clefable.An unusual set, but truly works on a team like this where you can't afford to waste many turns healing a crucial mon,and even tho most mons don't have a reliable way of recovery few would really appreciate the healing wish. Hats off for actually implementing it. There's one thing I'd recommend changing on your team tho,and that would be your Gliscor set.I'd suggest dumping all the Def EV's you got on it atm to SDef in order to tank Mega Diancie and Gengar better.Megagross is not a foolproof counter to Diancie and an Earth power can do huge chunks to it. You wouldn't want to waste your healing wish unnecessarily here.Needless to say for Gengar.It pretty much sweeps your entire team after Hydriegon is gone,and it would be really beneficial to have even the slightest form of backup for it.It's a pity tho that you can't use this team here on Po, but if you plan on using it on Smogon,I wish you the best of luck.

La.Neptune likes this.
Moderators: Edna, fsk