1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Guide] How to make a gif! [Forum Help]

Discussion in 'Arts and Graphics' started by Archerknight, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Hello, it's me Archerknight. :3 Here I am going to tell you how to make moving pictures for adding on forums. (Right Place?)

1)Download Paint.net (There are others like gimp but lets stick with Paint.net...)

2)Go on Paint.net and draw something easy like a ball (explore later if you want).

3)Save it as GIF (*.gif) If you don't , later it will not let you make the animated gif as it would not register as a gif file.

4) Time to make another picture!! But put the ball in a different place so it will look like it's moving when it's finished. Save it as a gif file again but as a different name. You can make more slides but lets stick with 2 (for now!)

5) Download Unfreez. Scroll down and download it. (Again , there are lots of different ones but this is the easiest one to use)

6)Run Unfreez and minimize it so it's in one of the bottom tabs.

7)Go to Paint.net and go to file and press open but don't actually open anything.

8)Find your first picture (the one that's going to be the first slide) and drag it on the bottom tab , Unfreez. It will open up and you can place it there. If you have lots of save files hold Ctrl to select more than one but it still has to be in order , first slide to last.

9) Same as 8 but with picture 2.

10) Go to Unfreez and save the gif. If you think it is too quick you can change the frame delay. You can experiment with that.

11) Upload it on Tinypic!! ( or whatever you use like imageshack etc...)

12) Show us what you did. :D

Please ask if this didn't work.

Here are mine!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Experiment!!!
    If you did it on Gimp save the names with ---> .gif <--- at the end of the name. Then open up paint.net and do the same process from no.7.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. Shawn Frost

Shawn Frost Neko-sama

i think this should be in the Arts and Graphics section.
    I use GIMP as i find it easier to use =3 You don't have to go through all that trouble of downloading Unfreez. In GIMP you just have to make separate pictures and load them in layers and save the file as .gif =3