1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

underrated good movies

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Duster, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

hello in this thread we're gonna post some top notch motion pictures that may have been overlooked by the general public

i shall start out with a few:

[​IMG]
    THE GUARD
    so my friend told me to watch this last year its rly funny u should watch it richard gleeson plays an irish cop lol i mean JUST LOOK AT PICTURE
    but ya brendan gleeson is pretty good actor and WOW roger eggbert even gave this a 3.5/4 i had no idea

[​IMG]
    ARBITRAGE
    so idk i havent heard people talk about this movie much but its rly good suspense movie and richard gere is a rly good actor go watch it

ill think of more some time

The Dude likes this.
  2. bananabeard

bananabeard im bb

snowpiercer - i hate trains but even i like this movie

pan labyritnh - i hate mazes but even i like this movie

Water, The Dude and Nightfall Alicorn like this.
  3. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Pan's Labyrinth was kinda... creepy, more like disturbing to be honest. I don't think I saw everything but it had a solid enough story if I recall. I just don't get how that girl was chosen.

4. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

Source Code - Really good Sci-Fi film by Duncan Jones (who made Moon and is also directing the Warcraft movie).

The Grey - People expected this to be Liam Neeson vs Wolves but it's much more than that. More about survival and death than fighting wolves.

Cool thread, will post more.

5. bugzinator

bugzinator Well-Known Member

500 Days of Summer - Idk how underrated this is, but most people I talk to on here haven't seen it so including this. "Anti-romantic" comedy starring Zooey Deschanel with a well done non linear narrative and amazing soundtrack with songs from The Smiths, Doves, Regina Spektor and The Temper Trap.

Starter for 10 - Mainly including this one since I know it's not too well known, but saw it a few years back and really liked it. British comedy starring James McAvoy as a first year university student who joins their university challenge quiz team and falls for some girls etc. Really good soundtrack too with some classic British songs from bands such as The Cure, The Smiths and Buzzcocks.

Raducan and buny like this.
  6. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    Have to agree with @bugzinator with 500 Days of Summer, amazing movie

Another movie I'd have to say was really good was Stuck In Love, watched it with my boyfriend and it was actually really good. If you like 500 Days of Summer you'll like this movie : )

bugzinator likes this.
  7. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

The Spectacular Now is another great Romantic Comedy / Drama film written by the writers of 500 Days. It stars Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller, two of my favourite young actors.

8. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Literally none of these films are underrated, just call this the good films thread

bugzinator likes this.
  9. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

well overlooked is more accurate than underrated
    but everyone (mis)uses underrated to mean not big box office hit so yea

also the intouchables is a pretty good french film that not many people havent heard of
    watch it

10. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

I do lump underrated with overlooked / underappreciated films (like dust said) most of the time. And yeah, a lot of the time they won't be big money makers.

The Fountain is a really interesting Sci-Fi film from Darren Aronofsky. People I've talked to either think it's mediocre or amazing. Not sure where I stand.

11. bananabeard

bananabeard im bb

life aquatic with steve zissou - will he find the jaguar shark?????? also ocean is cool so watch this film. also its not a romantic comedy so its better than half this thread

12. Water

Water Well Respected and Exceptionally Handsome User Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

In Bruges - really funny dark comedy about two hitmen hiding in bruges

13. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Well, one film I think is underrated, that I liked, was A Kid In King Arthur's Court. I don't know, maybe it's kinda the humour, plot and scenes of characters.