1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Community] PO Profile: Python

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Python, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python

Python Justice is myself. I am justice. Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Python
    Well, lets get this show on the road.

(You'll have to bear with me, I'm terrible when it comes to dating things to actual years so I'll mostly be approximating. Well, it should be fine.)

Personal:

I'm a born and raised American, age 22. I'll be wrapping up my university studies soon in accounting. I mostly enjoy playing video games, goofing around on the net, watching anime and tokusatsu (Japanese live-action series with extensive use of special effects), and reading manga. So I'm a little bit of a weeb. I'm constantly trying to attack my expansive backlog regarding these things, but I also have to juggle a plethora of presently-running series as well. It's a constant challenge, but it's something that I'm very passionate about. As long as I fill my quota every day, I won't lose.

I'm also not all that "in tune" with popular culture, especially when it comes to music and movies. As far as television goes, I'll mostly just watch the news, Jeopardy!, and a few miscellaneous shows. Can't play any sports but I like to watch just about all of them. Though I don't "follow" any of them either...

Pokemon:

I've been a bit of a Pokemon junkie since I was a kid. Bought the games, bought the toys, even bought some the vast majority of the earlier cards (up through most of Gen 2). And of course, watched the anime. Hell, a Game Boy Color and Pokemon Red were the first two things I bought with my own money. (Allowance, not like...earned, but still.)

There's nothing much of interest to say about this, as I think my life's path through the world of Pokemon is similar to that of a good many others born around my time. That said, the freedom of the late 90's internet led me to seek out more information on the Japanese version of Pokemon, and so the English theme song and Mezase Pokemon Master have equal nostalgia value for me.

There is one story I would be remiss to exclude. I actually got back into the anime when Best Wishes (Black and White) started, after hearing about the fierce battle between Ash/Satoshi and Paul/Shinji towards the end of Diamond and Pearl. As well as Ash's subsequent thrashing at the hands of Tobias/Takuto and his implied legendaries squad. BW caught my attention since I had heard they would be changing up the formula a bit, like giving Team Rocket some...shade of competence. It seemed like a prime occassion to jump back in and follow the subs. Now that Gen 5 has ended, I can say that while I don't have quiiite the distaste for BW that others have, it was mighty disappointing.

But then I got to keep up with XY, which has been a supremely enjoyable experience. My boy Satoshi is absolutely slaying it right now. (Yeah, I'm not expecting him to win the league, but...)

To be honest, it wasn't just the anime. The turning point between Gen 4 and Gen 5 marked a desire in me to become even more savvy regarding Pokemon. I kept up with the latest information, followed the leak of information after Black and White came out in Japan, recently blitzed through most of Pokemon Special (Pokemon Adventures), and got an urge to battle competitively again. (More on this in just a second)

On the competitive side of things, I entered the scene during the days of Netbattle (At some point during Gen 4) and derped around in it with a few friends. Lord, was I bad though. Terribly stubborn too. It was an utter rejection of the meta. Anyways, it didn't last long. I went back to mostly just playing the games, and it wouldn't be until I heard of a program called...

Pokemon Online:

...that I decided to give it another spin. I think Gen 5 had just come out and, as mentioned before, I was eager to jump back into the franchise on a somewhat deeper level. So the timing felt right. New mons, new abilities, the whole enchilada. I tried competitive battling again, and while I couldn't be called "skilled" at it, I was a good few leagues above my more juvenile self. I could have been, perhaps, described as "barely passable". An improvement over "absolute garbage", anyways.Yet, to my delight, Pokemon Online seemed to have a hell of a lot more to it than I would have ever thought to request from a "battle simulator". Like side games! I would even come to be an on-again off-again Mafia player during my stays here. But what caught my eye the most was "Trivia".

Perhaps it's some kind of latent love for quiz shows or tests of knowledge, but I took to it quickly. As hazy as some of my very early PO memories are, I vividly remember practically staying up all night and right through the morning on it. These were the days of Shanai Trivia, of course. I'm more than willing to admit that it was a royal mess. For every question of legitimate knowledge, there must have been 2 or 3 that veered into the more obscure of territories. God only knows, I was a contributor as well. Once I saw there was a precedent for it, it felt like a battle behind the scenes to consolidate territory in the question pool. Entire categories and series became infamous. It was a hairball, but all the same, it was extremely enjoyable.

However, the thing is, I never integrated myself into the community proper. Being the loner that I was (and still am), I kept others away at arm's length, from behind the veil of heated competition. Sure, I made a couple of friends. Friendly rivals, even. And still some were just a notch under that, as "pleasant acquaintances". But there was just nothing that made me stick around. That's right, even Trivia couldn't quite keep me anchored down forever. It isn't that I came to dislike it. I would liken it more to when you eat a dish that you really like far too frequently. Naturally, you tend to become sick of it after a while, so you take a break. So there were prolonged periods of time where I would just drift away like a nomad onto my next destination. It isn't an inaccurate simile. Pokemon Online became one of many activities that I enjoyed, but would come to visit in a rough "cycle", like a set of personal fads. I would get the urge one day, and I would return for a while. Then, for a bit, without warning, I'd be gone. I would be lying if I said I didn't have my regrets on the matter. In retrospect, I think it was an insensitive thing to do.

Additionally, it caused me to miss out on at least one event that I thought would never come: the end of Shanai Trivia. Something that I took for granted. When I next returned, a new system of Trivia had already been established. I learned all too soon that the rules were different now. I'm not proud to admit it, but I got a bit frustrated. But I saved face and, before long, I left as silently as I had done in the past. It wasn't that I hated Trivia now, or even disliked it, but the hold it had on me was diminished from the change I had seen. I never deleted Pokemon Online either, as I intended to return and depart as periodically as I had before. Of course, eventually, I did return.

Now would be a good time to mention, if it wasn't already apparent, that the actual idea of "competitive battling" had become a secondary notion for me at best. To say it flatly, it barely interested me at all now. I'm aware that this makes me a living outlier. One of the few people that use a battle sim to do just about everything but battle. Perhaps I'm the polar opposite of the kind of people that play competitive Pokemon while not having touched the actual games in years. That said, the death of my "battling self" is only true in a conventional sense. What interest I had gradually lost in tiers like OU or Ubers was gained in assorted Challenge Cup tiers. Also in Metronome, before I realized how terrible my luck really is. The last tier I played regularly where you could use your own team and have the most control over what happened was Monotype, of all things. I also liked Monogen, but RIP. Having to shape a team around a certain restriction seemed to appeal more to me than just playing everything completely straight. To be honest, I was searching for an excitement that the standard tiers couldn't supply. After seeing the same Pokemon constantly in OU, I suppose I just got bored of the affair. Naturally, CC is, more or less, the exact opposite of predictability. Yes, luck is still the major factor in any given Challenge Cup match (to differing degrees), but it's possible to try and consciously rise above the wall set before you. I think that is the romance of Challenge Cup.

(So, essentially, I don't really know the meta anymore. Developments in most of the tiers in every generation are a mystery to me. I can't offer many opinions on them in good faith, I'm afraid. Strange, isn't it?)

Finally, I have enough confidence to attach things like "dates" and "years" to things. My return was at the tail end of 2013, as the year itself was becoming a memory to make way for 2014. As I was scavenging around the CC ladders absentmindedly, my eye caught something. A notice in Tohjo that an "elimination" trivia game had started in Trivia. I was....intrigued. Trivia seemed to have evolved to some degree in my absence, and I decided to check it out. It was fun! It isn't like the new Trivia wasn't fun the last time I was on, but my bitter attachment to the old Trivia had faded now. I felt like I could judge the new system with my eyes unclouded.

So I was stuck around and kept my activity up, and not long after I had come back, I was offered a position as a Trivia Admin. Another first for me, as I'm not usually someone trusted to hold any position of authority. I wasn't entirely confident that I could do it, but I accepted the position. If the higher powers believed I could be good at it, and that my contribution could be of some help, I felt like I should give it a shot at the very least. Wouldn't you know, this was the anchor that would finally keep me around. It was a responsibility that would prevent me from fading like some kind of phantom. I've been a reasonably active user ever since. Eventually, I even came to receive a promotion to the Super Trivia Admin position in late 2014.

So, essentially, I've been around for a while, but I'm always in the shadows. I'm not one to speak up a lot outside of my "job", but I'll try to keep toiling away at helping Trivia out all the same. I'm aware that I lack crucial skills like being able to code things that could help Trivia, and I know that I can be a bit soft and wishy-washy as a person, but someone had confidence that I could do the job even when I didn't. So I'll try to do what I can, one day at a time.

I've seen some promising improvements and ideas proposed during my tenure as a TA. It's enough to make even someone like me feel a little optimistic. I'll try to help keep this game running long enough for us to make it even better.

2. bananabeard

bananabeard im bb

1. why am i the best TA
    2. why is joiner the worst TA
    3. tell me a secret
    4. tell me a story
    5. do u know ur aunt/uncles middle names bc i dont and im wondering if thats normal or not
    6. i hate snow its cold
    7. whats ur favorite album from the year of ur birth
    8. should put latex gloves on my cats paws would it be cute
    9. have u ever bought an umbrella
    10. would u rather go to the zoo or the dentist
    11. rate me on a scale
    12. do u feel emotional when u look in a mirror
    13. what if the sky is the ocean and the ocean is the sky
    14. my friend is in peru with potatoes
    15. i thought u were british?
    16. guess what
    17. my cat killed a babby bird today
    18. have u ever met someone named greggory
    19. when u were kiddo did u ever punch a kid on the school bus
    20. did he deserve it
    21.whats ur favorite kind of lamp
    12. what if tigers had spots do u think they would be better or worse
    23. standard or phillips screwdriver?
    24. bye

3. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

wow bb posted, that means i have to post too!!!

What can PO improve as a whole?
    What's your opinion on the notion of TAs being useless?
    What's your favorite genre of music?
    What's your favorite movie?
    What do you spend doing the most on a normal day besides sleep?
    What do you think of TAs as a whole?
    What do you think would make Trivia better?
    You mentioned liking to watch all sports, which one would you follow the most if you had to?
    What's your favorite fruit?
    Give one thing that TAs can improve on.
    Give one thing that owners can improve on.

That's all for now. I might ask some more later!

4. uso

uso im cool

PO Trainer Name:
    Miku
    hey Python
    im a weeb too
    what's your favorite anime/manga(s)?
    what's your favorite anime/manga character?
    have you ever watched an anime that has made you cry...
    can you speak any languages other than english?
    do you own any pets?
    do you like the US?
    can you juggle?
    have you ever wanted to juggle?
    what's your go-to thing to eat that makes you happy and full when you're feeling down?
    what's your favorite color?
    favorite OS?
    favorite type of weather?
    your favorite shoes?
    is accounting interesting...
    WHAT'S YOUR ZODIAC SIGN
    ok BYE!!! i really enjoyed reading your po profile, you could write a book or SOMETHING!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  5. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Yo,

Why do you not play any sports?
    Do you remember me from Shanai Trivia?
    Why have I never seen you play Mafia?
    How do you think you have personally improved so that you are now trusted with positions of responsibility on PO?
    What do you miss more: Queen's Blade, Touhou or Penspin questions?
    What former trivia player would you most like to see return and play again?
    What do you think is the most difficult trivia category and why?
    Why have you not posted a picture of yourself?
    What is your favourite Bob Marley song?
    Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
    What social issue do you think Americans need to be more aware about, and why?
    What do you like most in a woman?
    What is your favourite Monty Python sketch?
    What is your impression of Caitlyn Jenner and the media hype surrounding her?
    What is the appeal of anime?
    If you were likened to a classical god, which one would you be?
    Demote a TA. Extra points if you follow through

6. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Hmm not much to ask but It would be unpolite to not ask anything. Too lazy to check if any of my questions have been asked before lol.

Firstly congrats on PO Profile!

1) Opinion on the performance of the current TA Team?
    2) Opinion on Trivia's current activity? Any ways to improve it?
    3) Any user you think it's a possible TA Candidate?
    4) Any possible way to boost PO's playerbase close to what it used to be in the past?
    5) Do you think that some of the Staff members in PO are not very receptive with newcomers?
    6) When you battle diamondslight in CC tours do you feel as if you were in Mt. Silver fighting against Red because he'll randomly send out a full team of overpowered pokémon and mega evolutions even for CC standards?
    7) Do you think that the low amount of PO Developers is affecting how fast the community can improve in terms of creating new things for the client and the server?
    8) What is your opinion about the Hangman Channel?
    9) If someone ever suggested a new side channel based on script RPG that could give users more options to choose from in terms of entertainment on PO, would you agree with it's creation?
    10) Speaking of CC Stuff, what do you think of this?
    [​IMG]
    11) Is bananabeard a tropius in real life?
    12) Favorite Video Game?
    13) Favorite Anime/Manga Series?
    14) Do you like Cars? If so, what's your favorite Car Model and why?
    15) Favorite Pokémon?
    16) Want to learn Spanish? We could spend a good time bullying memo together :]
    17) Name a Pokémon you think should receive a Mega Evolution in a possible new game or re-make of Pokémon.
    18) Favorite Hobby outside of PO?
    19) Favorite Animal?
    20) @uso is cute y/y?
    21) uso being cute strictly implies that Jinora sucks?
    22) Favorite Food/Drink?

K das all I got.

7. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

Least favourite trivia category?
    What gen is best CC?

If you had a biography written about you what would its title be?

8. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Hey there!!
    1) Do you like Ortheore?
    2) "DIRT IS BROWN BECAUSE ORTHEORE SHIT ALL OVER THE WORLD" Is that true?
    3)DO you play Monotype?
    4)Tips to new and tryhard players if any. How would you like them to be a better member, a better citizen of the PO Community?

9. E.T.

E.T. Random Slowpoke Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    1. What is your favorite Pokémon? Why?

2. What is your least favorite Pokémon? Why?

3. What is your favorite Trivia category? Why?

4. If you removed one Trivia category, what would it be and why?

5. When you used to battle in OU, did you also battle in Ubers, UU, LU, NU, or LC? Why or why not?

6. From where does your username originate?

7. What are some of the video game series that you enjoy playing other than Pokémon?

8. What is your favorite food? What is the least favorite food that you've tried?

9. Have you ever ridden a roller-coaster or amusement ride? If yes, how would you describe it? If not, would you? Why or why not?

10. Which do you think is better: the "old" Trivia or the "new" Trivia? Why?

10. Withoutatrace

Withoutatrace im a filthy weeb

PO Trainer Name:
    Withoutatrace
    ay I have just one question

on a scale from 1-10, how weeb are you

11. Fiery Espeon

Fiery Espeon The fire never bothered me anyway ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Fiery Espeon
    Name 2 Trivia cats you would want to remove.
    Rate side channels from best to worst.
    CC or Metronome?
    Who do you think deserves Owner/Admin/Mod?

12. Python

Python Justice is myself. I am justice. Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Python
    why am i the best TA

Well, bananas are a pretty versatile fruit. Though when you start thinking like a chef, aren't most of them? At any rate, I wouldn't know anything about the art and style of food, but bananas have my stamp of approval.

why is joiner the worst TA

Because they're the worst at being least good, which makes them the least best in the best worst ways.

tell me a secret

I'm Kilroy.

tell me a story

do u know ur aunt/uncles middle names bc i dont and im wondering if thats normal or not

No, actually, but I don't have too many of them to start with anyways.

i hate snow its cold

I'd commit a minor sin to see some snow, as it's really been too infrequent.

whats ur favorite album from the year of ur birth

I don't even KNOW an album from the year of my birth, as I've been out of touch with that stuff for about as many years as I've been alive. That must be a supremely disappointing answer, though.

should put latex gloves on my cats paws would it be cute

Cute for you, but for your cat, an indignity they won't soon forget. (Well, maybe they will. Probably will.)

have u ever bought an umbrella

Nope. Rain isn't as common here as it is in other places, to say the least.

would u rather go to the zoo or the dentist

It's gotta be the zoo, though my teeth are in relatively great condition and I'm actually friends with my dentist. The dentist's office isn't quite the place of dread for me that it is for some.

rate me on a scale

7.8, too many bananas

do u feel emotional when u look in a mirror

Well, there's always room for improvement.

what if the sky is the ocean and the ocean is the sky

Then all we have to do is start falling upwards.

my friend is in peru with potatoes

I've always fancied those Nazca scribblings.

i thought u were british?

You know, I don't think I've ever even had tea. As far as disqualifying factors go, that's certainly up there.

guess what

Nani?

my cat killed a babby bird today

Simply the rules of nature(.mp3), my boy.

have u ever met someone named greggory

Frrrraid not. It's a fun name, but not nearly as common as the eternally informal..."Greg".

when u were kiddo did u ever punch a kid on the school bus

Nah, I didn't take the bus that much. I did get into a few scrapes in the schoolyard though, but this was elementary school and I think a lot of us were influenced by Dragon Ball Z, its impractical elements and all, so it wasn't anything particularly vicious.

did he deserve it

Well, the fights/playfights I always got in were against bullies. I mean, I know it sounds like I'm painting myself a little too righteous here, but I don't recall starting anything too heinous myself. Anyways, I think it's a safe bet that, most of the time, they deserved it. Though it's not like I won every time.

whats ur favorite kind of lamp

A lava lamp, even though the last time I had one must have been a good decade ago.

what if tigers had spots do u think they would be better or worse

The stripes make them more unique. Let's just leave the whole "spots" business to cheetahs since they seem to have it down pat.

standard or phillips screwdriver?

Well, Phillips are always the first ones that pop into my brain when I'm visually imagining a screwdriver. Maybe because I saw more of them as a lad? I dunno, but I'll go with that.

bye

Ciao.

What can PO improve as a whole?

I'd like to see the activity level return to how it was in the past. Maybe we need to get the word out more. PO still has a lot of great things to offer people, and I think as far as features go, it's improved consistently since I've started using it. Well, I'm sure there are ideas about how to increase exposure to the greater fanbase, so as long as we work on those, even if it's a little bit per day, eventually things should get done. That's how I tend to view these things, anyways.

What's your opinion on the notion of TAs being useless?

Well, I can see where the argument comes from (most trivia offenses are server offenses, etc.), but I don't think it's necessarily true. For one thing, without vigorously reviewing and fixing questions, the content inside Trivia would come to a halt. So they're already components of a quality control system and a general maintenance system. Both are important if Trivia is to be the refined and well-oiled beast we all know it can be. Besides, even though Trivia can be one of the more quiet channels, they're still people that users can consult in good faith. And, of course, they're still the main vehicle through which many of the different game types are initiated in Trivia.

So, yeah, they don't necessarily have to get off their butts quite as frequently, but I believe their presence is valuable in another, more understated, way.

What's your favorite genre of music?

I'm kinda easy to please here, but I'll go with Rock. Provides a good overlap between my western (classic rock) and eastern (anison) sensibilities. And then you can add in things like jazz and get the best of both worlds.

What's your favorite movie?

I'm garbage at picking just one (and I'm not exactly a big movie buff anyways), so here's a few that could contend:

My Fair Lady
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    The Shining
    Rush Hour
    and, honestly, even though they aren't really the best of movies, Star Wars (especially the original trilogy) was something that I ate, breathed, and slept as a kid, so it's special to me all the same.

For the good of our souls, and the sake of conventional thinking. I've restricted the selection to movies of western origin. Or, to be more precise, no animu/toku allowed here.

(I tend to trend towards comedies and musicals, actually, so to compensate I tried to make this a semi-varied selection from multiple genres...)

What do you spend doing the most on a normal day besides sleep?

To be honest, using the computer. For better and for worse.

What do you think of TAs as a whole?

I think they're a pretty chill bunch, and I've been really impressed by the potential for progress that I've seen lately. Even the ideas that we all don't agree on. The point is to keep bouncing that idea ball around.

What do you think would make Trivia better?

Well, interestingly, it feels like Trivia has seen a small renaissance in activity again. So where do we go from here? I think catering to users just a bit more might make them feel more welcome.

You mentioned liking to watch all sports, which one would you follow the most if you had to?

Uhh...gosh. I suppose baseball, since I can usually get my fix of, say, soccer/football from things like the World Cup/Olympics. Really, the same can be said about most championships for their respective sports. But the fact that it's kinda hard for me to pick just one should be a testament to just how "neat" sports can be. Hell, the Scottish in me is down for golf when I'm in the mood.

What's your favorite fruit?

Tangerines.

Give one thing that TAs can improve on.

Well, I'm not on as much as some of the others, but...I would like to see more of them take the initiative on starting games at times of death, I guess.

Give one thing that owners can improve on.

With all due respect, I think it'd be cool to see them participate in side channels more. I mean, maybe they do and I'm not around to see it. But I think it'd help them stay a bit more..."visible"?

what's your favorite anime/manga(s)?

I often thought about making one of those 3x3 mosaics that you sometimes see, but I'll just drop 4 for each, for now. In no specific order, that is.

Anime:
    Cowboy Bebop
    Azumanga Daioh
    Katanagatari
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0080

Manga:
    One Piece
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (best part would be...7, for me. Steel Ball Run a best, Jesus Approved, etc.)
    Konjiki no Gash Bell (Zatch Bell)
    Vinland Saga

what's your favorite anime/manga character?

Hssss, oh boy. This is definitely a time where I can't just pick one. But I can select an assortment from a pool! In no order...

-Jack Atlas (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)
    -Parco Folgore (Konjiki no Gash Bell) (A good few characters from the main cast could qualify here as well)
    -Joseph Joestar (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
    -Kumagawa Misogi (Medaka Box)
    -Nougami Neuro (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro) (and Yako too, I don't feel like listing one without the other due to their dynamic)
    -Koiwai Yotsuba (Yotsubato!)
    -Char Aznable (Gundam...various)
    -Phoenix Ikki (Saint Seiya) (also various Aries Saints because of astrological bias)
    -Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
    -Like, almost everybody from Azumanga cause it's 10/10 SOL of all time

Hmm, as I thought, even this somewhat thoughtful and hopefully varied selection doesn't leave me completely satisfied. But let's move on. (I tried steering away from ongoing series but there were a few places where I felt I should succumb)

have you ever watched an anime that has made you cry...

Yeah, there's been a few times. Some worth mentioning: It took me like three viewings before I got over the ending to TTGL. More recently, the climax of the fight between Kimura and Mashiba in Hajime no Ippo wrecked me a bit.

can you speak any languages other than english?

Not fluently or even on a conversational level. I've taken some Spanish lessons though a while back, so I'm not exactly dead in the water there. Some basic Japanese has also kinda osmosis'd it's way into me over the years too, but never any formal lessons.

do you own any pets?

Just one, a cat named Max. Used to be two, but the passage of time being what it is...

do you like the US?

I do love the ol' US of A. Well, I guess there's no other place I'd rather be right now, but it is my homeland too. I'm not immune to such feelings of pride.

can you juggle?

Nah, I've always been a bit of a butterfingers anyways.

have you ever wanted to juggle?

It seemed cool to me as a kid but I never took to it. Hell, I only recently finally nailed that whole "whistling" thing.

what's your go-to thing to eat that makes you happy and full when you're feeling down?

There's nothing quite like home cooking (Usually meat and rice dishes) to heal the heart and steady the mind.

what's your favorite color?

Always been, always will be...red. Boy, Char and I could just knock the drinks back talking about the color red and its purported speed-related benefits.

favorite OS?

Windows 7, to invoke the common answer. Though I got used to using Windows 8 too, which makes me feel a little dirty. But my preference is definitely 7.

favorite type of weather?

Rain, or really just cloudy with a nice wind if the former is too much to ask for. I guess snow would also qualify, just for the rarity factor of it.

your favorite shoes?

Gotta say, I'm not a big shoe man. There's not a brand that I prefer, but the boots that I have now have served me well and proven their durability. Which is great, because my feet are rather big and it makes the whole procurement process an absolute pain.

is accounting interesting...

Yeah, it has its moments at the very least. It looks kinda plain on the surface but it's really a world unto itself when you really get into it.

WHAT'S YOUR ZODIAC SIGN

Aries pride.

ok BYE!!! i really enjoyed reading your po profile, you could write a book or SOMETHING!!!

Thanks, I've always been told I've been capable at writing but I super don't want to toot my own horn on this. But there were a few things in there that I'd been meaning to say, so I'm glad I could get them off my chest.

Why do you not play any sports?

I am not athletic in the least. I am actually the embodiment of anti-athleticism. It's something I've wanted to work on for a little while. Like, I'm not fat or anything. But I'm not even slightly "in shape".

Do you remember me from Shanai Trivia?

A little, yeah.

Why have I never seen you play Mafia?

Well, it certainly isn't anything that I've done recently. I did it a while back in the past, but it got a bit too convoluted for me, and I couldn't keep up. Also a factor is that I love to multitask on PO, and boy, you cannot do that in Mafia. It actually led to my carelessness once, which got me a temporary ban. It was kinda stressful, like, when I would become a significant PR and have to juggle all these private messages...egh.

How do you think you have personally improved so that you are now trusted with positions of responsibility on PO?

Hell, I was surprised enough when I was offered just a basic TA position, let alone Super. I guess there's a few factors. I've tried to be a more chill kinda "boss" that supports a more positive atmosphere where ideas can be debated. I'm certainly more than a bit too cautious to try and succumb to abusing my power, too. I haven't contributed to all of PO equally, but I guess I did things well enough that it was decided that I was a greater asset for Trivia. I hope I can continue doing that, at least.

What do you miss more: Queen's Blade, Touhou or Penspin questions?

Well, at least I can make educated guesses on Touhou, as a little of it has seeped into me from just, like...internet stuff.

What former trivia player would you most like to see return and play again?

Gl4ss was a wall I could never truly overcome. I still remember that, what, 102-point game? That was a soulful battle if ever there was...

What do you think is the most difficult trivia category and why?

It's gotta be either Anime/Manga or Art. Which is an odd feeling for me, as the former is my signature category. But I can't deny...it is a niche. It's terribly difficult for me to submit questions to, which is why I think I've burnt myself out on it for now. And Art is one of those things where I think everybody can respect that it's an important part of culture, but nobody actually bothers to look at it or try to understand it. Like, if not a lot of people read as many books nowadays, this is like that but...times ten. I could say something more about visual stimulation and all, but you get the idea. Obviously, I'm guilty as well.

Why have you not posted a picture of yourself?

It's just something I've never done, not even with my closest webmates. Being the kind of person I am, I kinda like keeping at least that little wall up.

What is your favourite Bob Marley song?

Well, I'm not a Marley expert or anything, so you'll have to forgive my garden variety answer, but I really like the one where the sheriff gets shot.

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?

Some blackguard, I'm sure. Or China. Not me, though.

What social issue do you think Americans need to be more aware about, and why?

Well, I'm no social justice warrior, but...hmm, education would be a strong area for improvement. Education itself is something of an investment in the future, one could say. Gotta do right by the children, you know? It's gonna be their messy little world to inherit, so let's not cheat 'em on the way up at least.

What do you like most in a woman?

Oof, I'm not exactly the portrait of personified romance over here. Well, shared interests would be cool, I guess. Honesty's probably a must....but really, I think they'd need patience more than anything else!

What is your favourite Monty Python sketch?

I haven't seen as much of the show itself, but the musical numbers from the movies are great. And so, again, my love of musical numbers kinda manifests itself.

What is your impression of Caitlyn Jenner and the media hype surrounding her?

Well, I don't mind her. Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim. You know? Anyways, the media will be what the media will be. They love to get mileage out of things, naturally. A cultural hermit like me isn't exposed to most of the hypestorm anyways, so I guess it really hasn't bothered me.

What is the appeal of anime?

Well, I think it can be kinda difficult to get into, especially if you weren't exposed to it from an early age. There's all sorts of cultural barriers to deal with and reoccuring tropes to adjust yourself to. But when you get past all that...for one, there's more of a variety to it than you may think. Ultimately, the experience of anime itself, while I won't make boisterous claims about it being automatically better than fine cinema or high art or anything, is something that is unique. Forget everything you know about the stereotypical anime style as parodied in pop culture, it can have gripping storylines, visual beauty, and memorable characters just like anything else. At the end of the day, I think there can be something for just about everyone in it, and it's just not quite like anything else out there.

If you were likened to a classical god, which one would you be?

Good question, and I have definitely not brushed up on my Greek lore recently. But I can be kind of a depressing guy, so probably Hades or some crap.

Demote a TA. Extra points if you follow through

I demote Zony, so she can undergo a short training arc to re-acquire her powers and gain a new form in the process!

(Wait, the next form up would be Super Trivia Admin...geh!)

Opinion on the performance of the current TA Team?

I'm generally satisfied. I've enjoyed the amount of feedback we've gotten on things recently.

Opinion on Trivia's current activity? Any ways to improve it?

It feels like it's seen a small but meaningful uptick recently. Engaging the users more might help.

Any user you think it's a possible TA Candidate?

Nobody jumps to mind right now, but you never know what the near future will bring.

Any possible way to boost PO's playerbase close to what it used to be in the past?

I think we need to increase awareness. In the end, it might just involve increasing PO's web "presence".

Do you think that some of the Staff members in PO are not very receptive with newcomers?

Hard for me to say, in a broad sense. All I can speak with confidence on is what I've seen in Trivia, and I've seen people showing newcomers how to play, which is great. I don't think it's a big issue, anyways.

When you battle diamondslight in CC tours do you feel as if you were in Mt. Silver fighting against Red because he'll randomly send out a full team of overpowered pokémon and mega evolutions even for CC standards?

I wouldn't go that far, but there is a unique tension to it. Maybe because he's always the #1 seed.

Do you think that the low amount of PO Developers is affecting how fast the community can improve in terms of creating new things for the client and the server?

It might be. I won't pretend to know a wealth about the development side of PO, though. Sadly, programming is not my forte, and it certainly isn't where I got this name from.

What is your opinion about the Hangman Channel?

I don't really play like I used to, when the Hangman leaderboard was a fresh and tantalizing meat. But I kinda respect it for requiring the least time commitment out of all of the side channels. It's a real "bite-sized" kind of ordeal...

If someone ever suggested a new side channel based on script RPG that could give users more options to choose from in terms of entertainment on PO, would you agree with it's creation?

Well, even though it would mean more "competition"...I can't say that I wouldn't be interested. I guess it'd depend on what it is specifically, but I'm not saying no.

Speaking of CC Stuff, what do you think of this? [insert freakin megarayquaza.jpg]

I'll breathe a sigh of relief and say that for all of my tribulations, I've never been on the receiving end of that.

Is bananabeard a tropius in real life?

BB's got the heart of one, anyways.

Favorite Video Game?

I'll spare the "list of contenders thing" this time and say that it's probably Mother 3.

Favorite Anime/Manga Series?

I can answer this with the same little sample selection I grabbed from above, thankfully.

Anime:
    Cowboy Bebop
    Azumanga Daioh
    Katanagatari
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0080

Manga:
    One Piece
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (best part would be...7, for me. Steel Ball Run a best, Jesus Approved, etc.)
    Konjiki no Gash Bell (Zatch Bell)
    Vinland Saga

Do you like Cars? If so, what's your favorite Car Model and why?

I'm a bit of a dunce about cars, actually. So I have to submit to my own design prejudices and admit that I've always liked kinda...sleek looking things, so I guess it'd probably be some kind of Lambo or something.

Favorite Pokémon?

Ahh, from my earliest years, it's always been Hitmonchan. I don't even know why but I thought he was so damn cool as a kid and it never faded.

Want to learn Spanish? We could spend a good time bullying memo together :]

I've considered picking it up again, but the immediate future probably isn't a good time. Maybe one day though! I've retained a little bit of it and I still have some of my old notes.

Name a Pokémon you think should receive a Mega Evolution in a possible new game or re-make of Pokémon.

Hitmonch-well, that's a bit predictable, isn't it? So let's not. Besides, it'd be better for all the Hitmons to get Megas at the same time, so if we're just taking one...I had an idea for a Mega Unown that would look like a lemniscate (infinity sign) and have an ability that lets Hidden Power be every type at once. (Kinda like how Flying Press is simultaneously Fighting and Flying)

Still a bit lame though, huh?

Favorite Hobby outside of PO?

I consider my animu and the like to be my most significant hobby. I used to play more video games, but not as much nowadays.

Favorite Animal?

Domestically speaking, cats. Expanding it to the whole wild kingdom...well, I always liked birds of prey. Praying mantises are great too. So are stag beetles.

Surprisingly...not snakes? I mean, they're neat, at least.

@uso is cute y/y?

I can't deny it, y

uso being cute strictly implies that Jinora sucks?

Naaah, there's still coolness, beauty, toughness, and smarts.

Favorite Food/Drink?

I've always had difficulty selecting my favorite food. It's hard to beat a good steak though.

For drinks, milk.

Least favourite trivia category?

Probably Music or Movies. Things get a little too hip for my blood.

What gen is best CC?

I've only played the Challenge Cups for Gen 5 and 6. Typically I'd go for whichever generation offers the most chaotic variety, so the newest generation would always have a distinct advantage. But damn, 5 didn't have any of those Mega Stones to clog up the item slots. I'll rank em at a tie for now.

(Well, okay, I also played Challenge Cup in Gen 2 on Pokemon Stadium 2)

If you had a biography written about you what would its title be?

"An Attempt Was Made"

Do you like Ortheore?

Well, they were kind enough to post in my PO Profile, so that has to speak for something.

"DIRT IS BROWN BECAUSE ORTHEORE SHIT ALL OVER THE WORLD" Is that true?

Gosh, I bloody hope not.

DO you play Monotype?

I did, a while back. Up until as recently as when XY was the thing. But I fell out of pace with it.

Tips to new and tryhard players if any. How would you like them to be a better member, a better citizen of the PO Community?

It might sound a bit unfitting coming from someone like me, mentioning how to become a better member of the community. But if I had to say, from my own experience, and what I've seen, try out the side channels. Pokemon Online is certainly a battling simulator, but to become a better member, you've got to broaden your horizons. Hmm, I think if becoming a better battler is "vertical improvement", then exposing yourself more to different parts of the PO world is "horizontal improvement". Joining the forum cannot hurt either.

Also, you should do your best to be respectful and follow the rules, but that's one of those things that shouldn't even need to be said.

What is your favorite Pokémon? Why?

Hitmonchan, and like I've said before, I can't quite grasp what it is about him that enthralled me as a tyke. Maybe, if you just look at him, you can feel some of his fighting spirit.

What is your least favorite Pokémon? Why?

Man, probably...Garbodor or something. I can't really get down with it. I always thought Altaria looked kinda stupid too, like someone glued cotton to a blue worm. But Garbodor just looks like the....well, the mess it's supposed to be. But the mess it is, after all.

What is your favorite Trivia category? Why?

There's two answers for this. Anime/Manga is the one I'm the best at, relatively speaking. It's a category about one of my main passions in life, even. But as a result, it's kinda boring. And as I've mentioned before, it's a bit of a pain to submit for. A bit of a pain to review, even.

So, the more scholarly answer would be History. I've always liked History. And it can still throw me for a loop. So this is probably the "best fit" answer for the question.

If you removed one Trivia category, what would it be and why?

Well, even the categories that I dislike have some intellectual merit to their existence, so it'd have to be a real "gun to my head" type of situation. And in that case, I'd have to go with something like Anagrams or Who's That Pokemon or Mental Math. Though I don't dislike them at all, and won't be advocating for their removal anytime soon, they're just not as necessary for Trivia.

When you used to battle in OU, did you also battle in Ubers, UU, LU, NU, or LC? Why or why not?

I meddled around in them, yeah. To a very limited degree, granted. I'd say the one I played the most was Ubers by a country mile. Then Little Cup. Then the rest in...some order. I guess it was just part of the neverending search for that spice of life known as variety. But it also wasn't quite as easy to find matches for them, at least relative to OU.

From where does your username originate?

That's a bit of a story on it's own. It doesn't originate from the programming language, nor does it come from Monty Python. So, the Battle Network series of Mega Man games was very big for me as a kid. The first online community I ever joined was a forum centered around them. So the name I chose was, in the style of the series, Pythonman.exe, because I had recently fought SnakeMan.exe in Battle Network 2. And over the years, the name shortened a couple of times until it became what it is today.

What are some of the video game series that you enjoy playing other than Pokémon?

I was kinda raised on Nintendo, so I've fancied Mario, Kirby, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros...(which kinda started it all for me, really, back on the N64)

But also Mega Man. I like me some Mega Men. Of these, the crown jewel of my heart is the Battle Network series for the GBA.

What is your favorite food? What is the least favorite food that you've tried?

My favorite food is not a matter that is ever settled easily. But I stopped the wheel on "steak" above, so to speak, so that should suffice.

The least favorite food...I never liked licorice. Not even specifically black licorice, just in general.

Have you ever ridden a roller-coaster or amusement ride? If yes, how would you describe it? If not, would you? Why or why not?

I rode a coaster once when I was a small kid and it destroyed me with fear. So that put an end to that. But as far as other rides are concerned, I'm fine with those. I always liked the bumper cars a lot. But man, it's been so many years since.

Which do you think is better: the "old" Trivia or the "new" Trivia? Why?

The new Trivia is better. I mean, the old Trivia was fun. But it was a mess. I'm not sure which one is more fun, because by this point they're somewhat different animals. But if we're talking about this in terms of just...quality? Trying to be as objective as possible? The new one.

on a scale from 1-10, how weeb are you

I'd say, like....a 7 or 8. Undoubtedly, I try to watch/read a good number of series and it's a big part of my life. However, it isn't something I advertise on the outside in real life. It also hasn't exactly made me want to move to Japan or anything. No offense intended, but there is certainly an upper limit regarding how much influence it has on my life decisions.

Name 2 Trivia cats you would want to remove.

Well, there aren't any that I'd want to. if I had to remove, it'd have to be from the edges first. The least necessary ones, like Anagrams, Without Vowels, Who's That Pokemon, etc....take your pick.

Rate side channels from best to worst.

Trivia > Tournaments > Hangman > Mafia

CC or Metronome?

Metronome is neat and all, but it's gotta be CC.

Who do you think deserves Owner/Admin/Mod?

From my meager perspective....hrmm...
    Owner: Raducan
    Admin: SkyPhoenix
    Mod: I'm a bit stumped here on a given name, actually, but whoever's responsible and really good at dealing with Tohjo?

13. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

Hi, nice profile!

Sorry if some are duplicates.

What country / place do you want to go to the most?

Goals for the next few years?

Thoughts on each generation of Pokemon?

Least favourite Poke? Aesthetically and Competitively?

What Films / Books have you been meaning to read / watch but haven't?

Go read / watch them now, okay?

14. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    wow bb and rad posted now i have to!!!

1. i am trivia master. what are your thought on this

2. write a song about your best friend from elementary school

3. do u even know who i AM

4. once you say no, let's become friends?

5. what's the largest animal you could kill with your bare hands

6. would you ever kill a bare animal with your hands

7. what's your favorite quote of all time? why is it your favorite? does it have special meaning?

8. i don't battle competitively either so that means we're twins?

this profile was actually really interesting to read 10/10 would recommend to a friend AND read again : )

15. diamondslight

diamondslight Master of fantasy basketball :) Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

Not much to ask since most of my questions has already been answered.

1. If you became auth right now who would you mute and why?
    2. Why haven't we battled on cc ladder 0r any cc battle period in such a long time?
    3. Do you like snakes?
    4. What's the secret to getting all the good users to ask you questions while I got good and shit users?

16. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Yttrium
    What color is your hair?
    How much time do you spend on PO a day?
    If you fell off a cliff, who would you want to catch you?
    Do you wear socks?
    What makes Trivia better than other channels?
    Do you plan on playing mafia again?
    Is uso mean to you?

17. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

wow buny posted now i have to

1. im not that bad dont listen to my haters?
    2. if u went on a date with drake would you go to in n out or tim hortons
    3. do u even know who i AM
    4. once you say "of course you're the most bestest" i say i know?
    5. thoughts on elimination games and whether they kill channel activity or not
    6. do u enjoy sunchips
    7. you're pretty dam good at writing. why accounting?
    8. im better than buny?
    9. purple pink or peridot?
    10. watch basketball?

18. Cirno

Cirno Romantic

PO Trainer Name:
    Alice
    What personality trait do you find least attractive?
    What are your thoughts on religion?
    What do you identify as?
    Yaoi or Yuri? Choose wisely.
    Do you think Trivia badges would work?
    Play Touhou.
    Tumblr, 4chan, or Reddit?
    Post the last video you watched prior to first reading this post.
    What are your thoughts on poorly written SongSing-like posts?
    Have you ever considered becoming a writer?
    What personality trait do you think best fits a leader?
    Cronyism or Nepotism?
    Big words or simple words?
    Realistic stories or fantastical stories?

19. SongSing

SongSing KILLL

PO Trainer Name:
    SongSing
    u were my fav cirno

20. Python

PO Trainer Name:
    Python
    What country / place do you want to go to the most?

I'm not a big traveler, but if I had to say...probably the UK (especially Scotland). If I ever get serious about Japanese, I'll admit that a little trip to Japan might be cool.

Goals for the next few years?

Well, graduating from college is paramount. First and foremost. Any other goals I'd like to aim for are more "personal" than they are "professional". Since I don't want to say anything too sensitive, I'll just say that my situation always requires me to keep my options open. But, personally speaking? I would like to continue bettering myself.

Thoughts on each generation of Pokemon?

Gen I: Rough around the edges, to say the least. Which is understandable. There's a lot of nostalgia value here, though. I think it's become overrated by certain segments of the fanbase.

Gen II: "Replay central" for me, at least until the cartridge batteries died. I think it's one of the better generations given the time it was in. It simply took what was there and made it even better.

Gen III: Hoenn is a pretty great region, though even I feel like it could have done with a few less water routes. This gen also feels just a biiit overrated to me, but I can't deny that Emerald is probably one of the greatest "third version" games we'll ever get. Also, what more needs to be said about Abilities, and Effort Values, and the like? It was an inventive generation, make no mistake.

Gen IV: I feel like this one doesn't get quite enough love. It made the battle system less stupid. I thought Sinnoh was a pretty neat region. Seems to have been one of the anime's greatest periods too. The best game to come out of it was probably the Mystery Dungeon installment (Time/Darkness/Sky), though.

Gen V: I felt the games were extremely solid. Unova is a nice region, if a little straightforward. I felt this gen was just...reliably good. I wouldn't mind seeing the "seasons" mechanic used again, too.

Gen VI: Well, I actually like the concept of Mega Evolutions. That's probably a big part of any eventual verdict on 6. I felt X/Y was kind of underwhelming. ORAS was a nice recovery in the right direction afterwards, but seeing as how this is the generation of the full transfer to 3D, maybe it'll be viewed as a "transitional" generation when all is said and done. It's how I've come to rationalize things like the lower number of new Pokemon species, anyways.

Least favourite Poke? Aesthetically and Competitively?

Aesthetically: Garbodor

Competitively: Uhh, probably...Heatran, he really found a lot of ways to rain lava on my parade. Also Jirachi, but I'm actually guilty of using that one before.

What Films / Books have you been meaning to read / watch but haven't?

Well, I'm not actually that well-read a person when it comes to a lot of the classic literature. You could even say the same about the relationship between me and the classic movies. So I plan on eventually filling in the gaps.

Go read / watch them now, okay?

I've been thinking about it, in the sense of diversifying the kind of time I spend. So, good news there!

i am trivia master. what are your thought on this

Everyone's a master of some kind of trivia :)

write a song about your best friend from elementary school

A....song, huh? Alright, I can probably labor out a few lines.

You are always good at sports
    But my smarts get grades for me
    Brains and brawn, brawn and brains
    What a cliche pair, uhh...are we.

Stuck the hell out of that rhyme, anyways.

do u even know who i AM

ye-no

once you say no, let's become friends?

Couldn't hurt! If various types of fiction have taught me everything, it's that friendship is equivalent to, like, five rainbows, minimum.

what's the largest animal you could kill with your bare hands

Probably a....rabbit, or something. I could throttle it in a very unpleasant manner.

would you ever kill a bare animal with your hands

Not if I don't have to, that's for sure!

what's your favorite quote of all time? why is it your favorite? does it have special meaning?

Ooh, I actually don't think about that all that much. Well, I'll be honest. It probably is exactly the kind of thing would change with my mood. But I'll pick one for nonfiction and one for fiction, and that should be pretty fair all around.

Nonfiction: Well, for some reason, JFK's stuff about choosing to go to the Moon and similar feats, etc. "Not because they are easy, but because they are hard." That always stuck with me. It's the kind of thing that really pumps you up for a monumental undertaking, I guess.

Fiction: I always liked that little conversation that Franky and Robin have in One Piece as they're getting off the train at Enies Lobby, and he tells her that "just being alive isn't a sin". It's a really simple message but it's just one of those that kinda...keeps your engine running on your worst days, so to speak.

(Okay, and I guess, while we're on One Piece, the whole little "A man only dies when he's forgotten" speech/quote is pretty great too. This answer's kinda long enough as it is so I don't feel like doing the whole thing, but...yeah, that's pretty much the meaning behind it right there. A man only really dies when he's forgotten.)

i don't battle competitively either so that means we're twins?

Always a little nice to see another member of this particular minority, I won't lie.

If you became auth right now who would you mute and why?

Well, Trivia being kinda the...haven of peace that it generally is, there's nobody really on my imaginary hit list.

Why haven't we battled on cc ladder 0r any cc battle period in such a long time?

Well, I'm not a big Tournaments junkie that drops everything to enter every CC tournament I see. Hell, half the time I don't even realize that one started, or I'm in a ladder battle anyways. Maybe I'll join, like, every third or fourth one that I see.

Do you like snakes?

Yeah, they're cool I guess. I mean, becoming the user eventually known as "Python" ended up being due to impulse and a little luck. But they're still pretty cool.

What's the secret to getting all the good users to ask you questions while I got good and shit users?

Gosh knows, I guess I just have a mystery factor to me. I'm like the guy who works at the most obscure position in a company.

What color is your hair?

Brown.

How much time do you spend on PO a day?

On average, about 2 or 3 hours. Which is not THAT much, I know, and could conceivably be improved a bit.

If you fell off a cliff, who would you want to catch you?

Someone who could afford to catch me without getting squashed. Like Kamen Rider Kuuga. He'd catch me and give me a thumbs-up and tell me that everything would be alright.

Damn, that'd be radical.

(If you want a person that exists in reality, and we're willing to bend physics a bit to make it plausible, uhh...idk, Jackie Chan was a boyhood hero of mine, so..)

Do you wear socks?

Yes, I am all about the socks.

What makes Trivia better than other channels?

Well, it certainly has the most educational value. And for a newer player, there's a good many questions. So you won't see many repeats for a whiiile. Also, I'd say on average there are less rule violations there, though there's less user discussion there in general, admittedly.

Do you plan on playing mafia again?

It's not absolutely unthinkable. It's all about whether the whim comes or not. I mean, it's on my autojoin at least.

Is uso mean to you?

Nah, we have an extremely professional relationship!

im not that bad dont listen to my haters?

I can't listen to what I've never heard :)

if u went on a date with drake would you go to in n out or tim hortons

I don't even think there's a Tim Hortons around here, which kinda decides the matter all too bluntly.

do u even know who i AM

A thief and a bassist?

once you say "of course you're the most bestest" i say i know?

Ur bretty gud.

thoughts on elimination games and whether they kill channel activity or not

I definitely support elimination games currently. They might...damage channel activity, but we've already taken steps to try and reduce that, like having it go into a kind of sudden death mode after so many questions. We may need to make it trigger even sooner? It's hard to say right now.

do u enjoy sunchips

I don't think I've ever even had them, so I just can't say.

you're pretty dam good at writing. why accounting?

There's a stability factor involved. Accounting certainly has clearer guidelines for me to work in, which helps in its own ways. Also, I dare say I think it'll be easier to find work in general.

im better than buny?

I'm far from qualified to make that judgment~

purple pink or peridot?

Purple > Peridot > Pink

watch basketball?

Well, I tend to catch at least a little of March Madness since the intensity does tend to build up over the month.

What personality trait do you find least attractive?

Mm, probably...just being obnoxiously self-centered.

What are your thoughts on religion?

Until blood starts being spilled, I'm not really against it, and I won't belittle it. It's the kind of thing where I can look at it and kinda understand "Yeah, okay, I can see why this is a thing."

It's certainly a source of both great hope and great tragedy.

What do you identify as?

White, male, straight. No big surprises there. More or less agnostic...

But, more than any of that, I guess I just identify as "me".

Yaoi or Yuri? Choose wisely.

I don't exactly seek out either, but...Yuri. I think it has better art on average, too.

Do you think Trivia badges would work?

I think they could, but...to sound like a broken record for a second, I think it'd be great if we could try it under a trial period so we don't have to make any hard commitment without having a bit of preliminary data to go on.

Play Touhou.

If I ever get the itch to play a bullet-hell game, I probably will.

(Well, I also vividly remember playing Ikaruga at GameStop when I was much younger and feeling as if the flood gates had just opened upon me.)

Tumblr, 4chan, or Reddit?

Well, I only use one of them as is, so I have to give it to 4chan.

Post the last video you watched prior to first reading this post.

What are your thoughts on poorly written SongSing-like posts?

Well, it's not my style or anything, but as long as they don't break any rules, I guess, uhh...to each their own.

Have you ever considered becoming a writer?

Yeah, but it doesn't seem as reliable as other professions. Besides, just because I'm kinda good at writing little posts like these doesn't necessarily mean I'm cut out for much bigger projects. Well, I will admit that I did enjoy some text-based RP action back in the day.

What personality trait do you think best fits a leader?

I think it's a matter of being "kind" enough to make people want to follow you, but also being "strong" enough to make sure that they won't regret it.

Cronyism or Nepotism?

Whoa. Well, I mean, neither is great, especially compared to just flat-up meritocracy. If I had to pick one over the other, though...I think there's slightly less potential for damage arising from nepotism, since I think people tend to have more friends/associates than they do working-age family, so the number of positions that are consumed by the practice is less?

Big words or simple words?

Simple words might be more useful in everyday situations, but I've always personally liked big words more.

Realistic stories or fantastical stories?

There's a spot in my heart for both, to be honest. But judging by the kind of media I consume, I probably tend to noticeably drift towards excessive fantasy by default.

21. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

• In the grand scheme of things, do you think Religion is a good thing (gives people faith and helps them get through tough times) or a bad thing (differences in belief can lead to a lot of conflicts)?
    • Do you play any instruments?
    • If you had to learn a sport, which one would you want to learn?
    • How often do you eat?
    • What does your breakfast usually consist of?
    • What career are you pursuing?
    • What is your most-used social media?
    • What is your favorite holiday and why?

22. SongSing

SongSing KILLL

PO Trainer Name:
    SongSing
    1. do you like me
    2. why not
    3. i like reading your words
    4. if you could be any season which one
    5. whats your favourite animal that you've never seen
    6. have you ever fought a man or a woman or a child
    7. how important do you think proper typing is
    8. whats the largest amount of money youve bet on something and how did it feel when you lost it
    9. do you think cameras are man-made

23. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Hi!

What do you think of me as TA/MU/HA and person?

Do you think we lack enough cstaff users and mods or is it just them being lazy?

How can I improve even more in PO, from what you've seen?

Can we create a Rock music category for Trivia? I've noticed a lot of peeps like that :o

Do you think we should punish people who answer innaprop? If yes, after how many warnings?

Why @bananabeard is so fast and know everything?

Why @Raducan is boss but plays very little?

What do you plan for the future

Anyway, i hope we could talk more :o

Grats on profile!

24. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    Opinions on me?
    How long do u watch anime occasionally?
    I suck yn?
    Worst TA? :c
    Why you use Python as your name?

25. Python

PO Trainer Name:
    Python
    In the grand scheme of things, do you think Religion is a good thing (gives people faith and helps them get through tough times) or a bad thing (differences in belief can lead to a lot of conflicts)?

I want to say it is a good thing. Certainly, a lot of people use it as a good thing. But, looking at the state of the world, even a minority of adherents can create a lot of trouble. It should be a good thing, but it feels like the scales are kinda even overall right now. "A few bad apples...", etc.

Do you play any instruments?

I do not. I used to play the recorder in elementary school, but just about everybody had to do that.

If you had to learn a sport, which one would you want to learn?

Maybe something that isn't too intense, like golf.

How often do you eat?

I'm usually a "2 meals a day" kinda guy, so Lunch and Dinner and maybe a snack afterwards.

What does your breakfast usually consist of?

Well, on the occasion that I actually manage to eat it...it's usually waffles or pancakes.

What career are you pursuing?

Public accountant, at the moment.

What is your most-used social media?

I actually don't use any. No Facebook, Twitter, etc.

What is your favorite holiday and why?

It's hard not to love Christmas. Even if there isn't as much of it as you might hope in reality, the feelings of goodwill and giving are a nice thought. The dip in temperatures is nice too. I guess the downside is that a fair bit of the television programming becomes rather....predictable.

do you like me

I'm neutral.

why not

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

i like reading your words

Oh, thank you.

if you could be any season which one

I long to keep my youth, so I'd love to be spring. That's the ideal, anyways.

whats your favourite animal that you've never seen

In person? I don't think I've ever encountered a stag beetle...and those are pretty great, so...

have you ever fought a man or a woman or a child

Other than when I was a kid getting into fights with other kids, no. I've lived a fairly pacifistic life.

how important do you think proper typing is

What, like saying "your" instead of "ur" or something? That's usually what I do, and I think it looks a lot better, but I guess the most important thing is who's receiving the message. There's a formality issue. It wouldn't be okay if you were talking to a superior (probably), but to friends? Go ahead, I guess.

whats the largest amount of money youve bet on something and how did it feel when you lost it

Ehh, well, I'm not really a gambling man, so it's hard for me to recall the last time I bet real money. It was probably a paltry amount like $5 or something. If it's an amount like that, I guess it's no big sweat. Still kinda sucks though.

do you think cameras are man-made

Yes, I believe this to be so.

Hi!

yo

What do you think of me as TA/MU/HA and person?

As a person, I can't say. But as far as your staff positions go, well, I haven't heard anything bad.

Do you think we lack enough cstaff users and mods or is it just them being lazy?

A few more might be needed if it's to fill some gaps in the timezones, but I don't think we're in a desperate position or anything. As far as laziness goes, there are probably people that could be doing more. Hell, I could probably be on a little more, even. But I'm not about to tell people to shirk real-life responsibilities either. So I think as far as "laziness" goes, you need to ultimately have to look at it "case-by-case".

How can I improve even more in PO, from what you've seen?

Well, I'm not on at the same time as you are, but just remember to occasionally poke Trivia and try to jumpstart some activity.

Can we create a Rock music category for Trivia? I've noticed a lot of peeps like that :o

Mm, no offense, but I don't really see any reason to drag a genre of music out of Music to make its own category. I think it would also create an unfavorable precedent to do so.

Do you think we should punish people who answer innaprop? If yes, after how many warnings?

I do, yes. After a warning, or maybe, probably, two.

Why @bananabeard is so fast and know everything?

Well...skill is skill. Or knowledge is knowledge.

Why @Raducan is boss but plays very little?

Priorities, I'm sure.

What do you plan for the future

Graduating, hopefully. Near future, that is. Other than that, I'm just hoping for the best.

Anyway, i hope we could talk more :o

Sure, I mean, I guess the only issues is time zones, in the end.

Grats on profile!

Thanks!

Opinions on me?

Well, it doesn't help that our time zones are almost exactly opposites of each other. But you seem like a nice person.

How long do u watch anime occasionally?

I usually watch about 4 episodes a day. I picked it as kind of an arbitrary number but it's stuck over the (few) years.

I suck yn?

n

Worst TA? :c

Nooo. I mean, I don't think we're usually on at the same time to judge anyways, but I'm not about to single anybody out as "worst" regardless.

Why you use Python as your name?

Ah, copypasta time!

That's a bit of a story on it's own. It doesn't originate from the programming language, nor does it come from Monty Python. So, the Battle Network series of Mega Man games was very big for me as a kid. The first online community I ever joined was a forum centered around them. So the name I chose was, in the style of the series, Pythonman.exe, because I had recently fought SnakeMan.exe in Battle Network 2. And over the years, the name shortened a couple of times until it became what it is today.

26. SongSing

SongSing KILLL

PO Trainer Name:
    SongSing

you poor misguided soul

buny likes this.
  27. Manish00333

Manish00333 studyin'

PO Trainer Name:
    Manish00333
    hey!

what anime series would you recommend t0 nubs like me?

tips for CC? you always win against me!

fav album at the moment.

i don't like snakes.. does that mean i don't like you? :<

enjoyed reading your profile :]

28. Python

PO Trainer Name:
    Python
    hey!

Yo.

what anime series would you recommend t0 nubs like me?

I think a lot of this is dependent on what you're looking for in an anime, so for established fans, I think the answer always has a lot of variation. However, for someone just trying to get their foot in the door proper, I think it's often best to start with anime that won't deliver quite as much of a "culture shock". That is, anime that don't drop references to Japanese culture, society, and humor every 5 seconds. Stuff with a more Western influence, even. I think this has always made Cowboy Bebop such a great gateway anime, in addition to just being an incredibly solid product on its own.

Well, cliche as it might be, that's usually the first rabbit I pull out of my hat for this. Because I think it's pretty reliable. Similarly accessible anime would be Outlaw Star, The Big O, the list goes on for a bit. The English dubs for these kinds of series tend to be among the most liked dubs out there, but that discussion is its own beast.

tips for CC? you always win against me!

Aside from the inherent luck factor that often makes or breaks everything, try to keep stock of what you have at all times instead of letting impulse take over. So much of it is, for me anyways, a game of information. Anyways, it's always nice to have an ace up your sleeve too. If you just happen to get a real gem, you might want to bust it out at the end when the enemy is on their last legs.

Of course, it all depends on whether you even get any ace-worthy poke in the first place, but...you know.

fav album at the moment.

Aja – Steely Dan (which is one of my two favorite bands/groups ever in general)

i don't like snakes.. does that mean i don't like you? :<

Well, technically I'm just a snake in name only.

Manish00333 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.