1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Community] PO Profile - Finchinator

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Finchinator, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    About Me

I'm a 16 year old High School student (going into my Senior year this September) living in northern New Jersey and I've previously played Baseball and Basketball (dating back to last year). Outside of Pokemon, I enjoy spectating sports (big fan of the Yankees, Steelers, Rangers (Hockey), and Knicks) and having a semi-active social life I guess.

It's also worth noting that because I started playing competitive pokemon in September 2011 (I didn't turn 13 until the end of September that month) and COPPA was (and still is) a thing on Smogon (I played on the Smogon PO server, back when that was a thing), I lied about my age, saying I was 10 years older than I was and even making a whole backstory that stuck with me for ~2 years on PO until I eventually admitted who I was to most people when I won the Community Well (if anyone is truly interested, this sums it up well). Now I hope everyone thinks I'm a bit less crazy when someone like Cased makes fun of how I'm a 26 year old accountant at Rutgers who plays baseball and rages on the ladder.

Going back to a major aspect of who I am, I've always had a desire to win whatever game(s) I played - pokemon included, of course. When I was younger, I was so hardheaded about this that I got physically upset when I lost at something, even if it was as trivial as a fun game of Monopoly or some other board game with family or friends when I was younger, but the more I've played pokemon at a competitive level with other players, the more I've noticed that instead of dwelling over a loss, I need to learn from my defeats and work on improving in order to win more in the future. This is something "about myself" that relates directly to my experiences playing this game, so I figured it'd be worth mentioning, but otherwise I don't have much else to say.

Pokemon

I got into the pokemon games on my DS in 2007 with Pearl, followed by Diamond, Fire Red, Emerald, Soul Silver, and Black 1 respectively. I played through each of these games multiple times with different pokemon, conditions, and end goals in mind to varying degrees of difficulty until I truly felt like the in game pokemon master for each region. It wasn't until 2011 when I heard about the lovely game of competitive pokemon on Smogon and PO; I came across it when listening to a youtuber I like (Slowflake) narrating his in game playthroughs where he also discussed competitive matters. The concept of competitive pokemon appealed to me immediately and that abruptly ended my in game phase for my competitive pokemon phase, which is still going to this very day.

Going back to my old pokemon game playing days, my first game I raised a team of: Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, and three fillers. My sets where medicore on each of them and I failed to get through various points in the game without massive grinding due to the fact that my team wasn't versatile and my sets were sub-optimal, so I ended up near level 100 by the time I beat the elite four and got through the post-game. By mid-2008 or 2009 I got an action replay and within a month I felt like the king of the world with dozens of level 100s despite none being legitimate. I expanded my horizons with other games and played through them legitimately as my Action Replay broke after a couple months and I eventually went on to do Nuzlocke runs, monotype runs, and other funky stuff in game until my aforementioned encounter with Slowflake and competitive pokemon.

Pokemon Online

In late August 2011, I downloaded Pokemon Online after being redirected there from Smogon Forums somewhere. I started my journey with a team comprised of Offensive Zapdos / Mixed 4 Attack LO Kingdra / Curse Ferrothorn / Bulk Up Terrakion / 2 mons that changed depending on how I was feeling at the time on the Smogon PO server's Wifi OU ladder. I didn't go too far for a while, but eventually I got the hang of it and as I eased into 2012, I became a decent ladder player, I suppose. As I progressed, I got super competitive and made friends with fellow ladder players and made a name for myself as a kid in the IMP clan who raged when he lost to hax and used sort of funky teams. To this day I remember spamming the "Find Battle" button with my Rain Volcarona team with no steel resists and volturn team with random ass EVs under the alt [IMP]Finchinator and cringe just thinking at how I played and acted.

As time passed, I got involved with the first POWC in Summer 2012 and then the second POCL in fall 2012 (played for Northeast - back when that was a thing because Eternal fucking ran the tour - and the Milan Bisharps respectively). Eventually, I became an OU QC member on PO for the Wiki, which never really made its way off the ground, and a frequent shitty poster and presence on these forums (see my post count, haha..oops!) After many months of being quite cringeworthy and being subject to multiple forum infractions (although no bans) and various temporary server bans, I eventually improved as a user as 2013 grew older and I became leader of BW2 NU alongside CasedVictory that May, iirc. I continued to improve my forum presence and even my leadership skills as I managed a POCL team, branched out around this community, and did some other things. Just to sum it all up, I was the leader of (manager) the Arsenal Arcanines in 2 POCLs (5th place and then 1st place in 2013 and 2014 respectively), (manager) East in 3 POWCs (1 playoff quarterfinals, 1 first seed out, and 1 bottom of the barrel), (TL) NU for like 6 months during BW2 and OU for two stints for an overall time of 14 months or something in ORAS. Last fall, after POCL, I made SmogTour playoffs and then SPL, so I sort of started to transition over to Smogon while I kept my ties strong here as I still lead OU and often associate with a lot of my friends in this community! Now I'm in a bit of a lull in regards to motivation to contribute to PO as I am a bit more attracted to the Smogon community right now, unfortunately, but I still stick around as you guys can see - hopefully, this upcoming POCL will be an enjoyable tournament and I can become motivated to be a part of PO again.

For what it's worth, I'd gladly go into details on anything you guys would like to know about me over the years, but I tried to tl;dr my history so this wouldn't be a novel like my Smogon Player of the Week OP and I know everyone is sick of my walls of text at this point.
    Shoutouts

Accelgor - Nice to see ya around again, good luck in tournaments. Always cool to see you in UU n_n

Afro Smash - Doubt you'll see this, but gl in slam and with irl stuff. You were really chill back in the day (remember it like it was yesterday, but it's been months since you've played consistently..damn).

Ammy - Almost forgot about your name change from Karppu for a sec, damn. Anyway, if you can avoid being so annoying in your own little fashion, you're a good guy and certainly a skilled player.

Artemisa - Your LC play gives me the runs, but at least I don't get them when I see a girl...bop anyway, glad to see you sorta back, too, and you're one hell of a guy, that's for sure!

ASH_CHAMPION - MEH, lording up every tier he bothers to play. Glad we've worked together a ton over the years and specifically how well you did in last POCL - you worked hard and it paid off. Hope to see you do well this year regardless of where you end up, too, and I'm glad you're still around playing n_n

Aurist - nigga u gay. Nah for real tho, you're another cool guy whose been around for a while and I hope to continue seeing you around :D

Big Bad aids name - fuck casedvictory

Bugzinator - I could write a fucking novel, but you know you're one of my best friends historically on this game we call pocket monsters online. cool to see you as po uutl now, bout time you are relevant ;] for real tho, you've stepped up as a top uu player on po and smogon and your play all around is pretty solid. glad we've interacted and worked together so much, but you're going down this pocl unfortunately ;]

Buny - Actually one of the better people to talk to, but my "omg internet girl" behavior prevents us from having many serious discussions. Regardless, cool to see you around again and hope you enjoy working your ass off at mcdonalds ;]

Celestial Phantom - Long time LUer, long time contributor, long time friend - good luck in fantasy football this year, but you're going down unfotunately.

Choolio - BW UU IS AMAZING OMG I LOVE YOU. For real tho, you're the best and I'm glad we've played a lot of games against each other over the years as you're certainly a worthy adversary. Oh and thanks again for all the help you gave me during tour playoffs, never forget!

Crystal Moogle - Never really speak with you, but you're one of the reasons PO is still here today and I'd just like to say I'm very appreciative of all of the work and contributions you've put in :o

CuboneThugsnshit - Mfhoundoom!! Nice to see ya managing after you've been around tours on PO for so many years. You've been a long time friend, long time player, long time winner tbh. Hope to see you do well in POCL this year, but not too well as I'm winning :]

d4rr3n - arsenal pocl last year was amazin, hope you do well this year if you end up with me or not and always cool to see a bro around in tours and such, keep going strong although i doubt you'll see this rand ass po community thread

Da Raikage - Aha, one of the players who I see as one of the best lower tier up-and-comers on PO or smogon rn. You're not new or anything, but your time in the spotlight of tournaments is just beginning if you stick around. Hope we can work together for many future tours and you're a good g n_n

Dasdardly - You still play? :o Saw you managing POCL, but haven't seen ya around much lol, gl this year!

Daybreak - dead rip D:

Duncajuwon - one day you'll be good...maybe...probably not D:

During Summer - viva italia, last pocl was godly brother. gl in the future if you see this!

ellie - solid player, contributor, user, etc. but need to stick to one name imo

Emac - 2012!!!

Fuzzy - One of the best overall contributors and I'm really appreciative of everything you've done for the community. PS: Rangers best hockey team 205-2016 for sure ;]

H-C - ur sister's hot

hack - in hack we trust

Hannah - My ex-co-outl :D Long time now talk, how are things? :o

IFM - do you still PO? idek. HODOR

Incon - come back brother, you're one of the most genuine users I ever knew. Anyway, best of luck w/ irl if you ever see this, rock on man n_n

Insane Soul - rip...you were a cool guy and lower tier player, dating back to our POCL 2 days when I was a newfag

Isa - tauros pocl 2015 bop

JeyTheGrey - easily a better uu'er and uutl than bugzy

Kland - never post again pls

Kody - a true god

Emvee - this guy so bad a subway sandwich could 6-0 him p easily tbh

luck>skill - free aurostox

meeps - (dog)

metalgross - outl lord rby god hello :D

mewtwoidden - one of the most unappreciated players and users right here sigh hope u kick ass this pocl man, gl!!

moony - 0-4 1-4 same thing ur still my g but get good ;]

monferno - tomahawk you one of the coolest guys out there and all, glad to see you still around and that we can talk often :]

noname4505 - youtube sensation finchinator tutee rby lord in dis bitch

proof - tay > nicki

raducan - aha one of po's best current contributors, for sure. you're one of the best guys i've met over the past few years and i think you'll have a really successful future irl and maybe even in this game if you stick around much longer. hope we continue to talk for a long time!

roy mustang - lol gay

sakuya izayui - whirlpool lati is 2/10. also, girl? oo

snaga - you're one of the people who i think has a lot of potential as a player and contributor in this community. keep doing what you're doing and if you ever need anything, hmu n_n

starstorms - u ded still? fuck LoL

sulcata - GSC LORD HIMSELF CAPS LORD LLAMAS KING SULCATA HELLO

the dude - damn remember when u tutored me in adv back in like 2012? i was rlly new and bad then haha. nostalgia really gets me sometimes. anyway, you're a chill guy and glad to see you around again, mr.nz wonder

the real elmo - SCOUUUUUUUUT. glad to see you around still on occasion, one of the better old po lower tier players for sure and you're a genuine fella. good luck with your girl and in irl with school!

weavile - damn you've turned into one hell of a contributor and leader back from when you led LC back in like 2012 and i hardly knew you. good job with everything you've done with this community and you're also a super cool fella to interact with n_n

windblown - mr.ucla standin tall at like 5'2, KACAW

withoutatrace - glad to see you leading pocl, always thought you were a cool guy and contributor :)

xdevo - xdevious the great, aha. known and respected you as a user for a long ass time now, back when you led like lu or nu in bw and you've continued to contribute to the community for a long ass time despite disrespect from people like cased. glad to see ya back around again and being a positive presence to this community!

z+v - glisc rot-w jirach terrak lati tar best bw team for sure ;]

ziah - hi dog

zorodark - prolly one of my best friends all time who plays this game and is still active on both smogon and po. both of our rises on smogon being sorta at the same time is hella cool and hope to see you stick around n play tours as i intend to do. we'll talk elsewhere, so i'll keep it brief at this, bop..

please ask a lot of questions as this OP is half-assed and just didn't wanna get it up late, but i'd like to discuss important matters and i'm open to answering whatever ya'll have to ask within reason :D

Edit: I'll be answering questions after 1pm est most days due to work, just to let ya'll know

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. Accelgor

Accelgor Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    -Accelgor-
    Ayyy Finch! Gratz on all the success you've attained thus far and hopefully you'll continue to solidify your status as one of the game's greats. Well earned imo.

Questions tho:

What is your favorite pokemon?
    Favorite color?
    Reason behind your name?
    Favorite type of music?
    What do u think of the Knicks drafting Porzingis and when do you think they'll win another title?
    Predictions for next NBA finals matchup?
    Favorite food?
    Favorite TV show/anime?

So you play basketball too huh? Looks like I'll have to drive on up and posterize ya :)

East's Mascot and Finchinator like this.
  3. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

Remember your YouTube channel and narrations?
    Remember Cased's old YouTube channel and narrations?
    Remember AuroStox?
    Remember #Girls Only?
    Remember #Radioactive (actually you might still use this, idk!)
    Remember when you kicked Fuzzy?
    Remember ZodiaK?
    Remember when I was just a delusional tour random and you were a 25 year-old NUTL who posted his ladder peaks on his forum page and browsed a Pokémon forum while driving?
    Remember your fights with Cased in RC?
    Remember when you lost against McMeghan in Smogon Tour Playoffs?
    Remember when you got picked for SPL?

ok no more tears

If you could keep only 5 people in RC who would you keep?
    How much of the current staff do you actually know?
    What is your favorite non-Taylor-Swift rap/sung song?
    Why are we employed at an almost identical job and setting?
    Why don't you like PO anymore?
    Why don't we talk much anymore?
    Why was your team so weak to 3-attacks Archeops?
    Why are you such a tryhard?
    Why is Omfuga so cool?
    Predict the next Smogon drama.

4. Sakuya Izayoi

Sakuya Izayoi love to hate

why is ur eyebrows as long as ur posts

xclus or imp

hc or tr

hero or elite

how did it feel like to lose to ea in hero vs tr clanwar

do you like the current ou meta or do u think some things need to be changed

how are you going to tackle the bp problem in ur own opinion

why r u gonna quit PO soon

oras ou/bw ou/dpp ou, which is ur favorite gen

who will u m/f/k in rc

do you have a pet, if so post a selfie with your pet

favourite oras ou team you built?

have you ever innovated a gimmick, and if so what was the set and most importantly did it work

favorite emote

who will u choose as the 3rd OUTL :]

good to see u grow up and improve tremendously but ur still annoying :[

gl in gs and stour if ur playing

u suck

Finchinator likes this.
  5. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    yes it's time

Rate your fav TSwift album(s) from best to worst, please give full details why
    Why did you scare me off the first time I joined RC
    Why are you still such a faggot to me even though we've been friends for ages
    Why am I your favorite person on PO (I know I am don't lie to me)
    Why are you actually a really good friend and I actually enjoy talking to you
    Why do you give people a reason to hate you
    Am I best PO girl besides bugzinator
    Why do you only attract girls that also likes the same sex to give yourself more competition
    I can't think of any more questions but if I do I'll post more bc I love annoying you

Finchinator, Joyverse and bugzinator like this.
  6. East's Mascot

East's Mascot The Tyrant

Who's gonna win pocl?
    Will I ever get lucky?
    (dog) or (monkey)?
    OUTL or NUTL?
    Coke or Pepsi?
    How did you withstand my earlier posts during BW era?
    If you could have changed 1 thing about BW2 NU, what would it have been?
    What's your favorite pokemon game?
    If you could go back in time and play any meta during its prime, what would you choose?

I'm really bad at asking questions holy shit

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Accelgor and Finchinator like this.
  7. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

Given that you're a knicks fan, why do you enjoy suffering?
    What position did you play and what's your FT%?
    Most underrated meta? overrated?
    Favourite metal music?
    One regret you've got as a current/former tier leader?
    What suspect test outcome did you disagree the most with?
    PO>>>>>>>PS y/y/y/y/y? Why?
    Why did you decide to pretend you were an accountant? Looking back what profession would you rather have masqueraded as?

Fiery Espeon and Finchinator like this.
  8. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

remember when raducan wasn't always mean to you

who's gonna get a trophy first: me or @Isa
    rank your top 5 taylor swift songs (you can do more but it should be at least 5)
    when is meeps gonna make a meme
    favorite irc channels
    why didn't you rank me in your top 15 players/builders thingy on smogon when i smash you on the daily
    if you could only use 2 Skype emotes, why would you choose (dog) and (monkey)
    will you continue to use stone edge in critical tournament matches
    who is going to give us ubers teams for gs lo!l
    have you ever thought about the amount of actual novels you could've written instead of posting about pocket monsters

ill come up with more amazing insightful questions when im bored later

Finchinator likes this.
  9. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Hey there!
    Favourite Pokemon?
    Most Underrated Pokemon in OU according to you. In all 6 gens if possible.
    From player to know player. How does it feel?
    And lastly, any tips for tryhard and new players that will help us rise? :3

Finchinator likes this.
  10. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Hey Finch!

Do you remember Rick? If yes, did you won vs him in BW2 UU?
    Ban one these Pokémons and why: Clefable, Megazard X, Keldeo, Mega Altaria
    Unban one of these Pokémons and why: Aegislash, Genesect, Greninja, Blaziken
    When help me getting better at teambuilding ORAS OU?
    What do you think of the current staff/TL? Do you think some of them are lazy/decisions take too much time?
    SD Keldeo LO Aqua Jet Close Combat X scissor has actually a nieche, do you confirm?
    Specs Garchomp is a boss, right?
    Whimsitroll is a pain in OU yet nobody plays it, do you think it deserves a good ranking?
    Rate my team on 10
    Volcarona (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Flame Body

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- U-turn

- Fire Blast

- Bug Buzz

- Giga Drain

Keldeo @ Life Orb

Trait: Justified

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Close Combat

- Aqua Jet

- X-Scissor

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Rough Skin

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Fire Blast

- Earth Power

- Draco Meteor

- Surf

Whimsicott (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Prankster

EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Encore

- Leech Seed

- Substitute

- Moonblast

Diancie @ Diancite

Trait: Clear Body

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Protect

- Diamond Storm

- Moonblast

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Rapid Spin

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

- Stealth Rock

What is your favorite game?
    How can we improve PO even more?
    What do you think of me?

Grats on profile mate!

Finchinator likes this.
  11. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

On a scale of shit to better than sliced bread, how would you compare PS' teambuilder to PO's specifically?
    Your opinion on 5th gen Rain as a whole?
    How easy would it be to get into OU right now?
    How does it feel that you'll never write more than pedro(IS) can about anything despite being renowned for it?
    Why am I so out of touch with everyone that I don't get shoutouts anymore?
    Whenever you lose a major tour, do you look to the year in POT where BR lost to CHAMPION YAYTears for inspiration since it's nearly impossible to choke harder?
    If you couldn't watch that would you like the logs for the inspiration?
    Have any majors in mind for when you get out of high school?
    Do you play any sports now or just enjoy spectating?
    Favorite sport and why?

Finchinator likes this.
  12. Fiery Espeon

Fiery Espeon The fire never bothered me anyway ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Fiery Espeon
    if you were to choose one kemon to unban from OU, which one would it be?
    if you were to choose one pokemon to ban from OU, which one would it be?
    Beyonce or Nicki Minaj?
    Volcarona is underrated y/n
    Mega Latias or Espeon on BP teams?
    cute avatar y/n
    someone was pretending to be you in the backup server. How do you feel about that?
    If you were to choose one side channel to be in at peak time, which one would it be?
    lol remember mamoswine arguments?
    bye ~

Finchinator likes this.
  13. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    ty =]

Tough one, but I'd have to say that Empoleon takes the cake because I used it in my first ever run through of a pokemon game (Pearl back in like 2007 when I got my first DS). As I've played more and more pokemon over the years, Keldeo, Tyranitar, Heracross, and Tauros have also became my favorite pokemon for their design and for what they offer in battle.

Green

My last name IRL happens to start with "Finch" and a childhood nickname I developed as I played baseball was Finchinator. Sure enough, it stuck with me as I grew older and did fairly well in games and eventually even transferred to be my go-to username on the internet when I got a bit older. There's nothing really deep or meaningful behind it, unfortunately, but it is good enough for me n_n

I don't have any one genre that I personally favor over another (maybe Alternative if anything), but I tend to just listen to anything depending on my mood and what I can listen to at the time.

Porzingis should be good based on what I've heard and read up on, but may not be for a while. I don't think they'll get a title anytime in the next five years, but who knows..maybe the future will have brighter times ahead for the Knickerbockers! Doubt it tho.

Cavs v Spurs

Chicken wings

I don't watch much TV outside of sports, but I love John Oliver's Last Week Tonight on HBO. Oh and I don't watch any anime, either.

Used to play Basketball and Baseball, quit last year due to academic and other priorities being more important and time consuming.

Yea, lol..

Yes

unfortunately, yes

ye ;]

I still got it on ajoin

Remember when I got demoted for kicking Fuzzy? D:

unfortunately, yes

ofc haha.

yea, they still happen, but now they're on IRC

unfortunately, yes

remember the exact moment, good times!

:D

ZoroDark / Raducan / Meh / Bugzy / me

like half lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zZee9YYzP8

cuz u dream of being like lord oh you tee el finchinator ofc..

It's not that I dislike this community or the playerbase, but it certainly appeals to me a lot less than it did months or years ago. Smogon's community has been a lot of fun and, no offense, it offers a lot of perks and opportunities for fun while playing this game that PO simply doesn't offer (or offers to a lesser extent). PO is on a downward spiral currently and I don't see many ways to stop that while Smogon is still increasing in popularity and fits me a bit better as an individual right now, so I tend to favor them :x

i dunno tbh, we should talk more! but i blame bugzy ofc, everything's his fault 9_9

u need to learn to dodge aqua tail bud

wynaut

why is this question aids

"Finchinator takes Smogon Tour by storm with controversial timeout win" jajajaja

bop

imp

tr cuz hc is literal aids

elite when it was a thing was gr8

i mean i should've won pretty easily had i not gotten haxed, but it wasn't a good feeling D:

Long answer here b/c important question - it goes into a bit of philosophy as a backstory that proceeds to cut to the point.

I'm of the apparently minority and radical opinion that despite there being nothing that fits under the conventional "broken" definition in the current metagame, something needs to go for sure. With every generation introducing more and more pokemon and the ability for teambuild properly being compromised more and more, something has to give in if we wish to continue playing in a metagame which we can label as "competitive" and the thing that should give in is the definition of "broken" or "banworthy". Essentially what I'm saying is that in the past we only banned things that made gameplay incredibly restricted (i.e: you had to have 1 of 2-3 counters or you had to play around something incredibly well to not get beaten or significantly hurt by it every time). Now, maybe that can change to a bit more lenient and pro-ban definition so that the metagame can ease up a bit on top tier threats and open up teambuilding. This could potentially backfire, but given that suspect tests allow players to see if the tier is better with or without the suspect, it's a pretty foolproof way of doing things.

Given this mindset, I think that Mega Charizard-X and Manaphy warrant a suspect and a potential ban from ORAS OU as they all are top-tier threats that have a fairly limited list of counters and means of reliable counterplay. To say that one or all of these threats being eliminated from the metagame would help "fix" matters would be pure theory and theorymoning is a silly thing to resort to, so I will not say this. However, the suspecting and prospect of banning one, multiple, or all of the above shows a lot of promise, in my opinion, and I think this opinion should be something that a lot of people open up to and consider in the future if they wish to see the metagame progress instead of deteriorate in the future.

Well, I wanted to limit the amount of BP users to one and disallow the passing of speed+another stat, but Moogle refuses to code that and I refuse to let the move get banned outright, so I don't know what will happen!

Not much motivation when Smogon appeals to me a bit more currently D:

Generation five, for sure. Despite a lot of people disliking this metagame due to the emphasis on weather and "matchup" (I beg to differ, but this isn't the time and place for that argument), I personally find teambuilding and gameplay in BW OU to be quite fun. Maybe it's because my roots are in this tier, maybe it's because I happen to excel moreso in this tier than I do in DPP or in ORAS, etc...but you also have to take into consideration that BW OU actually has a lot of quality matches every big tournament and then a small few that have a lopsided Volcarona or Reuniclus sweep due to the opponent being underprepared or someone having the perfect variant of Volc for a team (which can be an issue, even I'll admit that - fuck volc sometimes) and suddenly everyone calls the metagame a joke and hates on it. I really feel that the public opinion on BW OU has been negative and that this being ingrained in the minds of many players has pretty much ruined BW OU's reputation despite it actually being a decent metagame, in my opinion.

buny @ all three haha. fuck user: bugzinator, kill user: zorodark, & marry user: raducan :3

it's asleep rn, but i have a hamster. ask me on po during my night time and it'll be up and i'll do it!

I've actually done a lot of building for ORAS OU over WCOP and the past month in general, so it was pretty hard to pick one team to show, but this is probably my best team and it has won almost every battle I've used it in (although most were test games with people on Central or other friends and only a couple were serious tournament games).

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
    Ability: Light Metal
    EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance

Talonflame (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Roost
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Taunt
    - Brave Bird

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Scald
    - Reflect Type OR Thunder Wave
    - Recover

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Moonblast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Soft-Boiled

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Force
    EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD / 4 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Stone Edge

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psychic
    - Earth Power
    - Recover

This is a semi-stall (or slow paced balanced, either classification works) team that I built primarily to help some teammates test during WCOP, but it turned out to be very solid and it has been my go-to-team for a couple weeks. The idea behind the team is this core of bulky win conditions - Bulky NP 2 attack Celebi (inspired by the set Ender used here, but with Psychic>Giga and probably more speed EVs) + Bulky SD Knock Mega Scizor + CM Tbolt Clefable. Scizor and Clefable both struggle with Heatran while bulky Celebi with NP and Earth Power is a fantastic Heatran lure, Celebi and Scizor both struggle with Skarmory and Talonflame while CM Tbolt Clefable lures Skarmory and Talonflame, and the three have solid defensive synergy. I guess from here I'll just go mon-by-mon to explain the sets, spreads, etc. since that core is the gist of the team. Scizor is a standard fat SD variant - I use impish to help tank mega lopunny and offensive landot better so I don't have to compromise momentum with Hippo too often and I run Knock over u-turn to wear down opposing threats (like Skarmory, Hippowdon, Heatran, etc.). Talonflame is a stallbreaker variant with speed for non-scarf max speed landot (after I knocked Scarf off with Scizor, for example) while it also outpaces +Speed Excadrill, neutral max base 100s, and most Kyurem-B; this is my primary check to things like Mega Charizard Y and a couple other threatening pokemon, but the ability to annoy a lot of teams and cripple things with Wisp is the biggest pro of Talonflame on this team. Starmie is a standard bulky spin variant; my team appreciates being able to stay in vs Ferro and spin/fish for burns (cripple it for cm tbolt clef or np celebi to clean easier), so I often use Reflect Type, but TWave is perfectly viable there, too. Clefable is a standard CM variant with TBolt over TWave or Knock or Flame to hit both Talon and Skarm, which are needed to be eliminated or weakened for Celebi and Scizor to do work. Hippo is also a standard variant; the filler is edge also to lure Talonflame for Celebi and Scizor, but it also hits the problematic NP Thundurus, too. Finally, Celebi is a bulky NP variant which is unexpected and quite underrated, imo, is the last; it hits 290 speed to outpace neutral natured kyu-b and everything slower while it still has special bulk to comfortably check keldeo and other special attackers.

I innovated Hex Wisp Spell Tag Rotom-N in ORAS NU back in January during SPL and it became a metagame trend / defining poke in an archetype for a couple months that is still currently viable. In regards to OU, I have a lot of spins on different sets and cores, but I don't have any breakthrough innovations (I was one of the first to use Sucker Punch Nidoking in ORAS, Slowking in BW2 (although I didn't innovate this one at all), and a couple other things (I can make a formal list if you want, but I don't really see the need in being a "creator" or "innovator" of something for the sake of making my epeen larger like Cased does...so I really don't care about this stuff lol)

(dog)

haha.

good to see u grew up from an internet boy to an internet girl and digressed tremendously but ur still ok :]]

thnx and right back at ya

same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sENM2wA_FTg

1) 1989 (2014) - the mix of new era Pop and her old country really creates a good sound in pretty much every song. In addition, the little things - such as the meaning behind her songs (see: Blank Space) and the vibe that her music gives off is something that nobody else can parallel in their music besides Taylor. Overall, there are a lot of hits (or at least songs I really like) in this album, too, such as: Welcome to New York, Blank Space, Style, Shake It Off, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, and I Know Places. Therefore, this nabs my #1 spot.

2) Speak Now (2010) - this album brings me back so much nostalgia that I have to rank it high. I love so many songs on it, too - Mine, Sparks Fly, Back to December, Speak Now, Mean, The Story of Us, Never Grow Up, Better Than Revenge, Last Kiss, and Long Live are all personal favorites tbh...so yea not much more needs to be said besides I dig the old country sound that she put out and teenage/younger Taylor is a bae.

3) Taylor Swift (2006) - I hyperlinked it as many people don't know this album for whatever reason. Anyway, this takes me even further back than her first big album, Speak Now. It has a few of her first songs that turned into hits and although it isn't necessarily as high in quality as the albums you'll see after it, it still warrants this place because it's her roots and it showed that she had a lot of potential as a musician, especially with the lovey-dovey country music that she's now known quite well for.

4) Fearless (2008) - Another older album, but not as dynamic as he first or third album (which are Taylor Swift and Speak Now, respectively) imo. It brings a few more hits to the table, sure, but nothing too new or unexpected, so I can't rank this higher simply by the virtue of it not impressing me, but just meeting expectations.

5) Red (2012) - Like Fearless, this album never really impressed me or took a special place in my heart like her other albums, so ranking it below them. With this said, it's not a bad album and it has some solid songs, but it's lackluster in comparison to the rest.

I don't truly remember to be honest, but I bet it had something to do with the past newcomers to the channel being toxic to the atmosphere and you, being a girl who only a couple people knew, didn't show much prospect initially. After I spoke with you and all, I was obviously proven wrong, so sorry for prejudging and all I guess D:

Why are you still such a faggot to me even though we've been friends for ages?

because girl

I mean I'd like to think I'm genuinely a good guy when I'm not fucking around, so yea n_n

Because I have a position of power, so I am to blame for everything and they hate me without knowing the full story - this is the case with a lot of people who have a lot of positions and applies to me with OUTL of PO, too. I'm not personally offended by it or even surprised given that people are naturally ignorant and act on how they feel despite it being a premature action, so that's life for ya sometimes.

for sure!

shut the FUCK up

:3

tauros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV6Rdv1a3I listen to this and maybe

[​IMG]

bw2 nutls & oras outl > bw2 outls & oras nutls ;]

coke

My early posts in 2012 where much worse than yours in BW2, trust me, so I was easily able to cope with them!

The PO tier? Probably banning Houndoom and maybe Zard. The Smogon tier? Probably banning Zard.

All Sinnoh region games are amazing!

DPP OU

nah these where p good imo

It just comes naturally to me as I was raised a Knicks fan, unfortunately.

Center and Power Forward, usually the former (the latter only when a really tall kid was on my team for one year). My FT% was about 60% and I wasn't the best player, but I was slightly above average probably.

Underrated: BW UU
    Overrated: BW LU/RU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GLyq_Cnthk

Banning Mega-Metagross was probably unnecessary, but I let Metal decide that for the most part as I was torn on the matter.

Genesect debacle with Oak and Hannah.

PO has a better teambuilder and GSC capabilities, but PS outdoes it in every other facet of being a pokemon simulator

I plan on being an accountant when I grow up - my life I pretended to have emulates what I truly wanted my life to be like in the distant future for the most part. If I could go back and change what I pretended to be, it'd be something more believable like a cashier or a waiter as someone who is in college and with that profession could realistically play a pokemon game, but nobody caught onto me for some reason, so it didn't really matter I suppose.

yea man..good times

isa this pocl, unless u somehow make it onto our squadron

1) Never Grow Up
    2) Shake It Off
    3) Blank Space
    4) I Know Places
    5) 22
    6) Back to December
    7) The Last Time
    8) Long Live
    9) The Story of Us
    10) Speak Now
    11) Bad Blood
    12) Mine
    13) Better Than Revenge
    14) Welcome to New York
    15) Starlight

Could go up to 25, probably more, if you'd like..but this seems to be enough for now x]

whenever he logs onto skype n_n

1) bigs
    2) uscentral
    3) whatever tour that's going on at that time (wcop/spl)

you're not rlly an oras ou'er :x

because the (mooning) (woman) combination got old D:

yes

i hope i can leech off of my pocl team tbh lol

quite a few prolly

n_n

hello!

Tough one, but I'd have to say that Empoleon takes the cake because I used it in my first ever run through of a pokemon game (Pearl back in like 2007 when I got my first DS). As I've played more and more pokemon over the years, Keldeo, Tyranitar, Heracross, and Tauros have also became my favorite pokemon for their design and for what they offer in battle.

ORAS: Mega Manec
    BW: Slowking or Mew
    DPP: Dugtrio or Milotic
    ADV: Jolteon
    GSC: Marowak
    RBY: Slowbro

my knowledge from adv to rby is shaky, so probbaly a bit off with my answers there!

feel great to know that i've risen up the ranks of the poke-community over time, but i still have work to do to continue to improve!

Couple miscellaneous pieces of advice I've given in the past to up-and-coming players:

Make sure to be prepared for your opponent and what they use (I mean specifically who you play, not in general like you would prepare for threats with every team) in tournament matches, be confident in your ability to play/build/make decisions in general, and just because something looks bleak, keep playing until everu game is over (see: here).

If you are in a poor position, facing a team with a bulky core that you need to break, or facing stall, you're going to have to play aggressively and keep momentum and pressure high as much as possible. Otherwise, it depends on how you feel - it can be done, but sometimes it is unnecessary when it means you may be risking something you need to win or check the opposing team.

hello!

nah i don't, sorry :x

mega zard x

genesect, but it wouldn't be ideal

whenever Oo

Generally lackluster with some exceptions. Yes.

no ;]

may actually be a funny lure, but LO mixed would be better probably

no, it is abysmal

troll/10

Sinnoh region games are all amazing!

If I had to pick three ways, they would be:

1) Drastically altering the tier system or destroying it altogether.

Yea, it was cool in generation five when our tiers were competing with or even better than, at some points (keep in mind, better is only one's opinion), Smogon tiers, but back then we had a booming playerbase that provides sufficient usage statistics. Nowadays... We lack the playerbase we had 2 years ago that let tiers regulate themselves fairly well and PO lower tiers are pretty much a joke to everyone outside of the community and even some people inside the clmmunity now, who also have experience with other communities' (like Smogon) lower tiers to use as a point of comparison.

Every time there is going to be a tier shift, the PO NU megahame drastically shifts and the tier leaders have to play the "suspect all of this broken shit asap" game for a majority of the tier change until it's too late to actually progress the tier as it was in recovery mode for so long. LU and UU aren't much better, but NU stood out to me as the most extremely compromised by the shifts as many things in LU don't see the usage they deserve due to the tiny LU ladder playerbase size.

The change that should be made in order to keep some balance has to be either: giving tier leaders more power to quick ban multiple things when necessary to balance out tiers - they should be given this as they are supposed to be competent and have some leverage over tiering in their metagames in the first place and with an active tiering administrator in place like Weavile, any abuse of this privilege can be caught and dealt with accordingly, so it would really be a wn win OR giving in and adopting Smogon's tiers altogether - this does strip us of a lot of our identity, but it will end the vulnerability of tiers to drastic usage shifts due to our small playerbase, it will make official tournament play run much smoother, and it will generate a basis for more forum activity in the generation six discussion sub forum (not many people play PO nowadays due to the fact that we have our own lower tiers, unlike in generation five, so while this idea may seem like it is just forfeiting our individuality as a community, it really would be beneficial if we could swallow our pride - with that being said, the first idea about giving tier leaders more power to regulate their metagames to avoid them from being ruined by the lack of quality usage stats is also a feasible solution, just would need to be executed properly).

2) Killing inactive or borderline dead projects that didn't amount to that much in recent months regardless of past success.

The PO Wiki... Or competitive analysises... Or whatever we call it now really serves no purpose whatsoever, no offense to those involved. Hardly anyone uses it as a resource and while there are some contributors working on it, it's not too many and those who work on it generally do so sporadically. It's never going to amount to something that many people take advantage of and while the idea of a PO Wiki had promise, it never was meant to be and we should quit while we're behind at this point, before we fall even further behind.

This is just one prime example that comes to mind - I am certain there are at least 1-2 things, even if they're minor facets of the community, that fall under here, too.

3) Being stricter to people in positions of power who take advantage of the generally lax approach in regard to punishing for inactivity.

Samphire...inactive for a while and sporadic activity for upwards of a year prior to demotion. Liability to PO over that time for the most part and held various positions (Admin on forums, admin on server, TD, led PO League, ran hangman at a point, etc.) that all were pretty much voided of any work during her various stints of inactivity. The communities progress in these various areas was stunted because of this and we cannot afford to have this.

This is also just one example - but the point is that we need to hold stricter standards and have higher expectations for our moderators... Our communities leaders... if we wish to be moderated or if we wish to have our community led - both of which are necessary for PO to have to get by and both of which were compromised in recent months.

Cool guy, nice contributor, and solid battler! Don't know you too well, so cannot say much else, unfortunately.

thanks bud

PO's is much better for old generations and saving teams reliably, in my opinion. I have all of my 2500+ team files saved on PO and will continue to do that even if/when PS totally obsoletes PO in other facets of being a pokemon simulator.

Far from broken and a necessary part of the metagame. A lot of people point fingers at it because of the strong hydro pump and hurricane abuse, but it's became ingrained in the metagame as something to cater to in teambuilding and it's not a negative influince on building, either. If anything needs to go in BW, it's chlorophyll as sun is so hit-or-miss with match-ups. What Smogon did for their WCOP was a very cool idea, imo - see here.

very easy to learn now, imo. sure, there are a lot of viable threats, but the archetypes grow on you pretty easily and it's not rocket science or anything as it's fairly easy to use a viable strategy and win consistently without too much experience in the tier

Feels good to know I'm not the biggest tryhard on an online competitive pocket monster forum!

I looked through my followers, people I follow, and people who posted recently / where online when I was making my OP to make my shoutout list and I somehow missed you, but you're a cool guy and obviously a big help to PO over the years - respect all you've done and your contributions for sure and sorry for missing you :x

Nah, usually I just try to stay optimistic and look to succeed in the near future instead of making comparison, overthinking it, or dwelling upon it at all.

i've seen it before and i don't need to see it again,,,

accounting

don't play anymore, but used to play basketball and baseball - like watching most sports not named soccer

Baseball because I have always loved the Yankees and personally enjoyed playing it for ten years of my life. Football is a close second as it is a very enjoying game to watch and I get into following the whole NFL seriously each fall/winer.

If I had to, it'd be Genesect. With that said, adding something to the metagame wouldn't be a good idea.

probably mega zard x

taylor swift beyonce

sure

Espeon isn't replaceable due to Magic Bounce, so Espeon!

sure

that's sorta funny, but annoying at the same time. hope they don't do it again!

tours

lol, vaguely yes

bye

14. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    IMPORTANT update

[​IMG]

snaga likes this.
  15. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    IMPORTANT update

[​IMG]

16. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    1. What is your favorite Pokemon type? Why?

2. What is your least favorite Pokemon type? Why?

3. What are your thoughts on the Old Gen Tournament? Are you looking forward to the next one?

4. What are your thoughts on being the PO League coordinator? What are your thoughts on this past gym season?

5. Do you follow college football? If so, what team do you root for?

6. Do you play any video game series other than Pokemon? If so, what are a few of your favorites?

7. Between RBY OU, GSC OU, and ADV OU, which tier do you like best and why? Which would you be interested in learning more about?

8. How would you rank the PO official tours from best to worst? Why?

9. Earlier someone asked if you regretted banning a Pokemon, and you said banning Mega Metagross may have been unnecessary. Could you elaborate on this? Would you consider a re-test of Mega Metagross at some point in the future?

10. If you could go back and ban/unban three things from BW2 OU, what would they be and why? It can be less than three if you don't think that much should have been changed.

Finchinator likes this.
  17. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Ya know Finch if you like everyone that posts here it's the same as liking no ones post... Still like my post though.

Haven't read anyone else's post so apologies if I repeat any questions.

What do you value more during tournaments, friendships or winning?

What do you value more in general, your achievements or the friendships you've made?

Who do you think is currently better at Pokemon, you or Casedvictory?

Would you consider Casedvictory a friend?

Players you look/looked up to?

Is there a certain goal you want to achieve before you leave here?

When do you plan to leave here?

In 10 years time do you think you will look back on this as time wasted or time well spent?

What 5 users would you most like to meet irl?

Do you have more fun managing or playing?

SPL/POCL Dream team? BW and XY/ORAS, Skill and personality considered.

--

Will you ever unprivate your Facebook so I can search for you again?

Why are you so shiny in that swimming pool pic?

Are thick eyebrows something that runs in the family or is it unique to you?

Does all your hair grow as thick as your eyebrow hair?

Would you have won POCL 2014 without me?

Genuine thoughts of me when I was pushing for a Sawk ban?

Thanks for the shoutout, nice to know I'm missed/remembered fondly.

18. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    I thought only important people get these?

When will you beat me in bw2 ou?

On a scale to 1-user buny how much are you mclovin life rn?

Who is your favorite #tournaments MU?

Advice to people that are trying to make the transition to smogon?

When will you be blessed with the opportunity to manage me?

Least favorite user on PO?

Rate knick's offseason 1-10

Why dont you come and work at Mcdonalds with buny and I?

Why isn't your name "Finchinator RC" on smogon like your colleagues?

why did i go 8-0 in PO League?

jaja bye

The Snaga Show

Finchinator and buny like this.
  19. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    How have you made 3736 posts and not learned how to use spoiler tags?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  20. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

Hi Finch, more wall of text pls!

Sorry if some are duplicates.

What country / place do you want to go to the most?

Goals for the next few years?

Thoughts on each generation of Pokemon?

Least favourite Poke? Aesthetically and Competitively?

What Films / Books have you been meaning to read / watch but haven't?

Go read / watch them now, okay?

Loved our tutoring sessions, good times back in the day! Why don't we talk much anymore? :[

GL in POCL and all other stuff man!

Finchinator likes this.
  21. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    do u know me?
    do i suck at battling?
    what do you think of me?
    why is ou so cancerous?
    when will be bp get banned from ou?

Finchinator likes this.
  22. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Fighting type because there are a plethora of strong, viable fighting types in almost every tier and they should never go unprepared for.

Fairy type because it was just added in out of the blue and I am a bit of a sucker for generation five, so accepting this radical alteration to the conventional typings was hard to do.

It was certainly an enjoyable tour and thanks to my luck and some decent play, I went far in it and managed to win it all (emphasis on the luck I needed to get past 2-3 of my opponents, lol). Next OGT, I will be sure to partake in and I will look forward to it, but I don't think I can parallel the success I had in the first one.

I think PO League had and still has a fair amount of potential, but through being led by someone who was inactive and not in touch with the playerbase, the league didn't run as smoothly in the past. I feel that this season went will, but there is still some room for improvement and some untapped potential if we can maintain a reasonable sized playerbase to challenge the leaders and volunteer to be leaders in the future.

Yes, I love College Football. Personally, I like Rutgers as they're close to where I live irl, but I have always heavily followed the competitive SEC teams without much of a favorite - I just enjoy seeing good games and luckily, I've gotten to see plenty over the years!

I haven't played nay non-pokemon video games since 2011, but I used to play Madden games and MLB the Show games prior to my video game time being dominated by competitive pokemon

RBY is the most enjoyable and appealing to me, for sure. However, I would be interested in learning beyond the basics of ADV OU as that tier has always seemed like a very balanced, enjoyable metagame to me and many people have given it praise, too.

POCL > POWC > POT > OGT > POVT

POCL and POWC rank highest because they're team tours and POCL higher as it's a bit more fair than a region based tournament. POT is cool as it's a standard OU tournament which pits high level players against each other as you go down into the final rounds while OGT is also solid, but PO's lower generation playerbase is lacking at times, so I rank it below OGT. Not a fan of POVT despite enjoying the concept, so ranking it last.

The metagame has became a lot more Hippo, Slowbro, and Mega Scizor happy while Mega Meta probably wasn't too bad in the first place; the ban was mainly done because I was on the fence and let MetalGross decide when we both knew the metagame was congested with top tier threats, so something probably needed to go. Mega Metagross wasn't the right thing to go, when I look at it in perspective, but it not being in the metagame doesn't change much. I wouldn't oppose a retest, but that's up to others, too, so I'll have to discuss at some point.

Ban Chloro+Sun (like Smogon did - it is quite the match-up oriented archetype and it also makes teambuilding/prep much harder), ban Sand+Sand Rush & free Excadrill (also like Smogon did - it's nowhere near broken under these conditions and a fine addition to the tier), and maybe ban Volcarona (a variant of this thing beats almost every offensive team in BW nowadays and it has so few counters, especially considering HP ice and Giga Drain are both pretty standard now and HP Ground Volc fucks 99% of Heatran teams - 4mss is an argument, but for something so potent it doesn't exactly apply to the same extent as it would for other pokemon).

;]

dw i just c/p answers to repeats anyway lol

I value winning over anything in team tours as I owe my teammates to go out of my way to win. In individual tours, it's a mix of the two, but friendship takes the priority slightly.

The latter, but the friendships I have made are mainly because I have achieved as a player. For example, I have made a name for myself on PO which led me to meeting a lot of users (same applies for smogon and my friends over there).

Is that even a question?

Sometimes.

mcmeghan and jirachee

win the pot and another pocl!

after pocl, probably

I think I will, but I'll also think of the fun I had, the people I met, and how this community has helped shape me as a person, so I won't regret it too much.

bugzinator meeps raducan zorodark+metalgross

the former on PO, the latter on Smogon

oras ou: destiny device
    oras ou: improbable or tesung or xray
    oras uu: sam or fuga
    oras ru/lu: ginku or atomicllamas (if you still played, you'd probably be interchangeable here, too)
    oras nu: da raikage or teddeh
    (gonna assume it's pocl tiers b/c fuck doubles lol)
    oras lc: artemisa
    oras ubers: hack (although he doesnt uber anymore, but he was amazing back in last pocl)
    bw ou: myself
    dpp ou: jirachee
    adv ou: mcm
    gsc ou: ifm or isa
    rby ou: isa or metalgross

that would be truly amazing and actually semi-realistic as a couple of these guys would go cheap (if you take all their prices last spl, this would've actually worked as a team, for example), but now it'd be a bit unrealistic to get all of these guys within a budget probably

--

no - not b/c i don't want people to see me as everyone knows what I look like, but b/c I posted super cringeworthy things in the past and I really don't want them to be tracked to me

I am the 1 in the 8192, call me the shiny pokegod.

latter

nop

probably not

"I mean I like Afro and all, but Sawk simply isn't broken and his argument is sorta lackluster" is something like what I said in PM to cased. iirc he was a bit harsher, but we both had this opinion, more or less.

np, glad to see you sorta around still n_n

I thought only decent people have a chance at getting bought in pocl?

When will you shut the FUCK up?

Meh or Raducan, certainly not Snaga

It's like PO only bigger and more clique oriented. Be yourself, keep trying to do well, and know that it takes a while for everyone to make it unless they get a big break or two, so don't get frustrated if it's taking a while. The most direct way to get your name out there is doing well in a big tournament or two!

hopefully not anytime in the near future b/c you fucking suck LOL

ZodiaK

(puke)

i dont like getting aids, sorry

b/c I started on Smogon before the RC tag was a thing and I don't think it's necessary (I actually used it once or twice in some smogtours when everyone in RC was playing, but I won't use it too often)!

luckE and bad...i was 6-0 last season before I stopped giving a fuck so you're just lucky I didn't bother trying to ravage everyone again cuz I'm clearly your superior rofl

adios amigo

sigh.

ok!

np dw

your mom's room probably Hawaii again as the first time I went it was fucking amazing

get into a good college is my only big irl goal tbh

1 - baller as fuck, only an rng hero can truly be a champion @ it tho
    2 - like chess, not my kinda game but it's chill (never played in game gen 2 so idk anything bout that unfortunately)
    3 - cool metagame competitively, cool game to play, no quarrels with gen 3
    4 - SINNOH IS FUCKING AMAZING OMG and dpp ou is chill, too n_n
    5 - forever underrated, but generation 5 will forever hold a special place in my heart
    6 - not too great, but not awful either I guess

quagsire @ both

i don't read outside of school and never been a big movie guy, so not really anything here - sorry :x

cuz you're NZ timezone and i don't frequent po much, rip..hopefully we'll talk a bit more over the next couple months! also i miss those days too..was a hell of a good time lol

thanks bro, right back at you

ur the guy who digs hackmons and got it put into po league!!!

iirc you're decent, so i guess not!

i don't know you too well, but you seem chill from afar!

b/c too many good mons in one tier

i've been trying, but the coding is a bit too complicated to be done currently, so i'm not sure D:

The Dude and E.T. like this.
  23. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Hai Finch! Hope you're doing awesome and all dat. Anyway, here's some q's/prompts.

1. Pick one Pokemon you'd like to remove from the franchise, period. Can be something as useless as Sunkern or, well, Arceus.
    2. Favorite anime?
    3. Assume you had to date one person from on here. Who would you choose?
    4. Favorite tier besides OU, and why?
    5. #Mafia vs #Tournaments vs #Trivia: Rank em up.
    6. Cutest Pokemon?
    7. Black and blue, or white and gold?

See ya around mate~

24. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

hello :v
    why of all things did u choose accounting?
    do u like routine work?
    some people say it's one of the most boring jobs, thoughts?
    im currently doing an accounting internship it's definitely routine and sometimes boring
    what do u think of me :o ?
    grats on profile and gl on upcoming tours even if u dont need it :p

25. VirajVora

VirajVora VirajVora...

PO Trainer Name:
    Viraj / Virus
    1) Hie...[​IMG]

2) How are you ?

3) What are you ?

4) Where are you ?

5) Most importantly, Why are you ?

6) Do see you yourself strict ? If yes, are you more strict then Samphire ?

7) Who is meeps ?

8) Thats enough for trolls, serious stuff, we all are Pokemon fans but somewhere in my inner heart I feel this is ruining my heart, do you feel the same ?

9) You didn't talk much of your personal life, care to share ? What are your future plans for your life ?

10) You seem to be a cool guy... What kind of anime do you watch ? Any examples of those anime ?

11) How do you look yourself when you see so many badges on your nameplate ?

12) Do you feel Pokemon anime has degraded a lot ? Of all Pokemon anime, which season do you liked the most and why ?

13) What are your Dreams... Dreams are not future plans... My future plan is to become a Game Designer but my Dream is to visit America and participate in Pokemon World Championships for atleast once...

14) I need the true answer... If some unknown person of around your age slapped you, what will you do ? Slap him back and pick a fight, Run Away, Look at him and wait for what he says, Cry, Ask him in angry tone what was he upto, Stay peaceful and ask what happened... This will decide what are you in real life...

15) Again I need another true answer... If you have to save one of the following, which one will you decide ? Your family relative like your Mother or some important person like President of a country ? This will decide whether you think more of owns family or on national grounds...

16) What is your subject of expertise ?

17) What do you think of me ? Say truth, I won't feel bad even if it is negative...

18) Did I bore you asking too many questions ?

19) Enough of serious stuff, too bored, will you please ban @gengar17 and @SkyPhoenix ? They actually suck...

20) Do you like my ...'s ? If you do, I'll surely keep using them... If you don't no need to reply...

21) Can you teach me how to beat Diamondslight in CC ? (Please don't ask me the same question again ;-;)

22) How to hack PO ?

23) Will I be banned for asking so many questions ?

24) This is just a simple troll question to make it reach 25... Will you answer it ?

25) Byeee...[​IMG]

26. Cirno

Cirno Romantic

PO Trainer Name:
    Alice
    What are your thoughts on the current owners?
    What are your thoughts on religion?
    Yaoi or Yuri? Choose wisely.
    Favourite genre of music?
    Do you sports? If so, why?
    Would you rather face Quiverpass, Smashpass or Geopass?
    Which Pokemon do you feel need to be banned from lower tiers?
    Are there any that could be unbanned?
    Outside of U-Turn, Stealth Rock, Scald and Knock Off, what is the best move?
    What is the worst play you have made in an important battle?
    Do you think Ice Punch should be banned for the double freeze effect?
    Of the current Tier Leaders, who is the worst?
    Favourite instrument in music?
    If we could ban a Pokemon based on how annoying it is, which three would you ban first from any tier?

27. Nicehat

Nicehat PO client damage calc: preview.tinyurl.com/o8e7hss

Make tier changes just to shake things up y/n

28. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Quagsire - I dislike it competitively and I dislike Quagsire's design, too.

never watched anime :x

bugzinator ofc

NU because it always has the most "bottom of the barrel" pokemon and has a lot of room for creativity and having fun while playing instead of competitive norms that grow boring over time in tiers like OU or even UU/LU.

1. tours
    2. trivia
    3. mafia

mega lop is bae

black and blue

pce!

hi fren n_n

Honestly, accounting just fits into my area of skill well and my grandfather and uncle are both successful accountants, so it works well for me. I'm well aware that it's a fairly boring job, but it also pays decently and it isn't too stressful like other professions can be, either, so that's why.

cool guy, solid player, and quick learner. don't know you enough to say much else :x

thnx ;]

I have a feel that it's wasting a lot of time that I could be spending doing something else, but it also is good as it entertains me and I still have a reasonable life going on outside of pokemon, so I'm content.

I'm just an average fella - I have some friends, I follow sports, I try pretty hard in school, and I enjoy winning at whatever I compete in. My plan is to go into college in a year and become an accountant.

I don't watch anime, sorry

i feel like i'm the next pokegod haha...nah but it just means my contributions have been noticed, which is great and I feel good to be a big part of this community :]

haven't watched since I was younger, so cannot comment - sorry

When I was younger, my dream was to become a baseball player, but that's not too realistic. Now, my dream is to live a prosperous life with a family and room to enjoy myself!

Call the cops prolly lol..I'm not about to start a physical fight and risk my own wellbeing when I can get things worked out for me by simply getting the authorities to fix the problem.

Family always comes first for me, so the former

Mathematics and History.

Not a fan of the blacker text and the random "...", but you seem alright otherwise haha

nah

Moogle's fine - contributed a ton to the community over the years although I've never interacted with her much :x
    Oak's cool - a lot of people give him shit for not being to active, but irl takes priority and when he's here, he tries his best despite being hindered by some lack of being informed and in the look. I think he's tried his best tho, so I couldn't say that I have many quarrels with him unlike some others.
    Weavile's probably my favorite - he's done a TON for the community as of late including going out of his way to administrate tiers and direct tournaments while he's also been a very down to earth and active user
    Rest of them are either inactive or not coming to the top of my head, so will refrain from commenting :x

fine with anyone believing what they want to believe as long as they don't try to force it onto anyone else. Personally, I'm jewish, but I'm ok with people of any other faith or religion as long as they don't try to discriminate, act condescending, etc..

idk either :x

probably alternative

used to, not anymore - now I just spectate them frequently

quiverpass is the easiest to outplay and beat

mega glalie from nu and maybe reuniclus from uu, but the former will rise to lu apparently (haven't played too much po uu, so unsure of reuni and played barely any lu, so no comment @ that tier :x)

never thought about it too much, but probably not

volt switch or defog

uhh i haven't made many plays i'm too ashamed, but one would probably be not going to sneasel turn 17 of my spl match with user teddeh ( http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-nu-36576 )

nop

guitar

sableye
    quagsire
    chansey/blissey

n :x

VirajVora and E.T. like this.
  29. Spaintakula

Spaintakula New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Spaintakula
    Hai there. Don't know me, but I always liked your name, ever since I started here on PO.
    Sorry if repeating questions, there's a lot, and I read half of them only, ehh
    1. Most OP pokemon throughout gen1-6(or 4-6, since I see you started from dpp), but only in tiers lower than OU, so UU/LU/NU/LC?
    2. Worst/Best looking Mega evolutions until now?
    3. Why a Tauros though?
    4. Favourite movies and/or series you've watched?
    5. Favourite type of music, and fav artists?
    6. Never liked smogon, so, you really think PO will die if there aren't taken any drastic measures?
    Can't think of more that hasn't been asked, grats on profile thread, cya o/

30. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Hello!
    Grats on PO Profile.

1) Some people say that your teams are Gayish, is that true?
    2) Dont Worry Tasting your own semen doesn't make you Gay. Just something beyond that.
    3) Btw in case you didnt know, to use spoilers. Its
    [.Spoiler]This is how you spoiler[./spoiler]
    4) Best OU Mon you have ever used?
    5) Worst OU Mon you have ever used?
    6) Did you accept to be OU tier leader because you were bad at other tiers?
    7) Who's your next target to ban on the tier?
    8) Do you get aroused when typing " "Pokemon" has been banned from the OU tier"?
    9) What do you think of this season's PO League?
    10) Opinion on the PO Staff overall?
    11) Things you would do to Improve PO Community and increase activity?
    12) If I just spam Talongay, Breloom, fagsire, chansey, ferroweed, and sp def heatran does that make me a legit OU player?
    13) Name a pokemon you think deserves a Mega Evolution and buld a good set, also mention why and please no tauros.
    14) We dont really interact a lot, except for occasional hi's but what do you think of me?
    15) Black Heart's questions sucks y/y
    16) Favorite generation of Pokemon and why?
    17) Do you like cars? If yes, fav one and why?
    18) Do you like Anime? If yes, fav one and why?
    19) Name someone you think would be a good OU TL besides you.
    20) Entry hazards are gay y/n?
    21) Name pokemon you would eliminate from the game and why.

K I think that's it. Probably more questions when I return from my Break.

VirajVora likes this.
  31. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who uses the "Box" feature in the teambuilder?
    How good is ping pong?
    How good are butterflies?
    How good are chairs with wheels?
    How good is folding?
    How good are half-priced shakes?
    How hood (yes, I meant hood) is CasedVictory?
    What's your favorite TV show theme song?
    Is it annoying when people contact you for tours over forum PM?
    I'm like...really good?

32. bugzinator

bugzinator Well-Known Member

Favourite thing about PO?
    Do you think PO has any advantages over smogon atm?
    How much longer do you plan on coming on PO?
    Favourite PO memory?
    Least favourite PO memory?
    What is the most memorable match you've played in an individual tournament?
    Most memorable match you've played in a team tournament?
    Top 3 favourite teams that you've played for/managed in team tournaments
    Which was the most difficult season to manage me: arcanines 2k13, arcanines 2k14 or articunos 2k15?
    Why did I not even make the bench for your spl/pocl dream team..?
    Rate these in order (from 1-5) of which you would value as most important if we were dating irl:
    Surprising me with gifts and romantic gestures
    Remembering the little things about me, like what kind of perfume I wear etc
    Making me feel good by complimenting things about my taste or personality (not just my looks)
    Making me laugh
    Spending time to enjoy my hobbies with me, even if you think they're lame

Joeypals!! and ZoroDark like this.
  33. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

what's your opinion on cb piloswine
    if you could nerf one move would it be: scald or spikes
    will you ever play trivia
    who's better me or metalgross
    what's your favorite school subject
    who do you think is gonna succeed osu as college football champions
    why did you stop liking every post in this thread
    fmk bugzy raddy buny
    last one: when are you gonna answer these bc if you don't i still have loads for you :3
    actually nvm already thought of another good one: what smiley do you hate the most?

34. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    o.o

idk po lower tiers too well rn or back in gen 4, so i'll just do oras ou, all bw tiers, and dpp ou

oras ou - mega zard x
    bw ou - keldeo or chomp
    bw uu - victini
    bw lu - druddigon back when it was in the tier, didnt play past its ban
    bw nu - houndoom / zard
    dpp ou - tar

mega sab // mega lop

pocl team

moneyball is my fav movie prolly

i like alternative, country, pop...really depends on my mood lol - fav artist is taylor swift xoxoxo

already has been on its way to doing so for the last year+ and it's pretty inevitable at this point, so yea

thnx \o/

hi

thnx

who said that lol...i'm one of the biggest anti-gay stall people rn

garchomp has been consistently amazing since it got allowed in gen 5

shuckle on some aids sticky web squad

Being that I've led NU in the past, done well in the LTT, was one of PO's premier UU players in late gen 5, and have historically been an all-around player, I think it's obvious that this isn't the case.

baton pass nerf of some sort

no.

ok

some are shit and some are ok, but overall fairly lackluster

already answered this and it's a long one, so scroll up and find it if you wanna.

no. talonflame without a spinner or defogger is awful, breloom is fairly bad on stall, and ferroseed is outclassed by skarm on stall rn.

durant - 58 / 149 (+40) / 127 (+15) / 48 / 79 (+30) / 124 (+15) - Moxie - Iron Head / X Scissor / Superower / Rock Slide - durantite obv

you're ok, just don't know too much about the communities politics or some facets of the highly competitive community.

yes.

gen 4 in game cuz i love sinnoh, but gen 5 competitive cuz first gen. answered this at length earlier if you wanna know more

no @ both

zorodark

n

quagsire cuz gay

i did back in like 2012 lol

quite good

no.

idk tbh i dont watch many tv shows nowadays,,

yes

old friends

gsc mechanics and teambuilder (simulator wise), but otherwise none at all.

coming on? for a long ass time. contributing? not very long.

winning pocl

one of my demotions, probably when i muted fuzzy on backup server and then got strike 3

bw game vs mcmeghan for stour playoffs for sure

nu game vs flcl for week 3 of spl

bigs 2015 and arcs 2014 are top 2, us central 2015 is #3 - couldn't pick between the first two

worst was arcs 2013, best was arcs 2014

you aren't rlly dedicated to one tier tbf, but you'd be a hot utility sub for like adv/dpp/bw/uu bop.. (there was no bench in my initial team list in the above post lol)

nigga u gay

hope u get an icicle spear up the ass tbh

scald. read two of my essay posts on smogon if you wanna know why @ both

n

i'm inclined to say you, but he does better in tours so who fckn knows..lrn2win pls ;]

math

osu again lol

idk lol bop

[qupte]fmk bugzy raddy buny[/quote]
    kill buny, fuck bugzy, marry raddy

'i still have loads for you :3' is super gay, but i'll answer w/e you gotta ask

:I

ZoroDark likes this.
  35. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    Greetings Finchinator!

What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?

Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?

You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?

You are at the doctor's office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?

You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.

You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?

Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?

If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?
    If you were going to die at midnight, what would you be doing at 11:45pm?
    How do you really KNOW anything for sure?

If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?

When you’re 90 years old, what will matter most to you?

What do you regret most so far in life?
    How can you apply the lesson you learned from that regret to your life TODAY?

What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?

If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you want to run into? Does that person know how much they mean to you?
    How important are dank memes in today's society?
    Do you fear death? If so, do you have a good reason?

What would you change if you knew you were NEVER going to die?

Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?

Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?

Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
    Why does a 26 year old accountant who makes six figures resort to playing Pokémon?
    Does love = sex?

Your boss tells your coworker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your coworker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not?

When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?

What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?

What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?

Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them. Who were they to you?

If there was one moment and one time in the last month what would you change and why?

Imagine it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?

Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?

You are holding onto your grandmother's hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?

Are you old fashioned?

When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?

Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?

If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?

ZoroDark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.