1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[POCL] POCL Official Trades and Decisions

Discussion in 'Official Tournaments' started by Withoutatrace, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Withoutatrace

Withoutatrace im a filthy weeb

PO Trainer Name:
    Withoutatrace
    All official rulings and trades, in regards to the Pokemon Online Champions League, will be posted here throughout the tournament.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. Withoutatrace

PO Trainer Name:
    Withoutatrace
    Teddeh to Liverpool Lapras for 18.5k to Tottenham Tauros during auction.

Mr. 378 and 24k to Malaga Milotic for Ellie. to Dortmund Delibirds during auction.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    get backer likes this.
  3. Withoutatrace

PO Trainer Name:
    Withoutatrace
    Arsenal Arcanines trade namehtmas to Malaga Milotics for Century Express to Arsenal Arcanines

Disaster Area and innovamania like this.
  4. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

New Breed vs Cowboy Dan Week 1
    Dan DC'd and New Breed (Well Finch) had sent his team to the TDs prior while Dan had not
    [​IMG]
    So New Breed gets the win.

Lavos Spawn likes this.
  5. Withoutatrace

PO Trainer Name:
    Withoutatrace
    Week 1

Texas Cloverleaf vs IFM

dead game due to the expression and agreement of both players to call it as such, due to the winning team already being decided

NaCl vs 49 / Bouff

NaCl and 49 worked to determine times to play, and 49 missed the said time. Afterwards, Bouff was subbed in for 49, and attempted to establish a time to play with the last 2 days of the week.
    Due to NaCl establishing a time with 49, and said time was not met, and the sub could not finish the round, despite efforts from both ends to do so, which couldn't be met due to timezones and constraints, NaCl receives the win.

Twiisted vs M Dragon / Nonon is Real

It was established between Twiisted and M Dragon that the game could not be done Day 1 due to issues with Twiisted, whatever they may be. M Dragon then went on vacation, and the sub was presented by Assistant Manager Valentine on Saturday, August 15th. Therefore, Twiisted had an actual opponent for 3 days, 1 of M Dragon, then 2 of Nonon is Real.
    It was also said, by Twiisted to M Dragon through VM, that "I'm not playing before the weekend, sorry. I have a rather busy week. I can be very flexible though, so just let me know what works best for you. I'm EST as you know."
    https://gyazo.com/faf345bcb2c8f957bdb5388e608c3019 - Screenshot for reference

Due to a lack of opponent for Twiisted due to a late sub, as well as Twiisted lack of effort during the week to have a battle to begin with, on top of confusion onset within the last few days between Twiisted and Nonon is Real, no well defined, substantial winner could be determined, and an extension will not be given due to the lack of effort on both parties. Therefore, this is a dead game, giving the win to the Spartak Stunfisk with 6 points, and Bayern Bravaries with 5.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Disaster Area, Specterito and Alkov like this.
  6. Withoutatrace

PO Trainer Name:
    Withoutatrace
    Week 2

Alkov vs Aurious

Due to Alkov being active on forums and within the thread, while Aurious has only been on since Wednesday and never posted within the Week 2 thread, Alkov gets the win.

Drachenrot vs Robert

Both remained active within the week. However, Drachenrot took days to answer Robert, and it was a continuous process to get a time scheduled. Furthermore, after the extension, no contact was made since then, so Robert gets the win.

Can-Eh-Dian vs Bunnelby

Both agreed on a time to play, and according to Can-Eh-Dian, Bunnelby did not show. Due to a lack of forum activity, or response against Can-Eh-Dian, since Saturday, Can-Eh-Dian gets the win.

Dice vs [c-wi] roro97-kitetsu

Neither player showed activity or interest in playing the match. Dead Game.

Big Bad Booty Daddy vs mizuhime

Big Bad Booty Daddy made contact through mizuhime's profile page, screenshotted here: https://gyazo.com/ba127851cf6e3e2a8f19f1db4ed75f4d
    Both agreed to contact through Skype. Later on, Big Bad Booty Daddy made the comment of contact through Skype, and requested activity. Afterwards, Mizuhime posted screenshots showing Saturday morning, where they attempted to contact, when the agreed upon time was in evenings, as agreed upon in the VM, along with the other screenshot Mizuhime provided. Furthermore, Big Bad Booty Daddy showed communication through a shared group on Skype through screenshots, during an Evening time, which was agreed upon, proving he was attempting to meet within the agreed upon meeting times, whereas each attempt made by Mizuhime was not within the agreed upon meeting time. Due to this, Big Bad Booty Daddy gets the win.

IFM vs Bedshibaer

During the week, IFM was virtually inactive, only returning Monday with little effort past then, due to circumstances, and no sub was made to accommodate for this. Bedshibaer gets the win.

choolio likes this.
  7. Withoutatrace

PO Trainer Name:
    Withoutatrace
    Week 3

Genio. vs Dice

Neither made contact on PO Forums, and no proof as to activity in other locations.
    Dead game

Laurel vs Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy contacted Adversary through PO forums, with no response, and posted within Week 3 thread stating that they were too busy. Adversary was subbed out, and replaced by Laurel. According to Laurel's post, contact was made through text, but no screens have been posted of this. Due to the only proof being Big Bad Booty Daddy reaching out to his first opponent, and nothing being done on either parts, or no proof of such, afterwards, Big Bad Booty Daddy gets the win.

Wreckdra vs steveangello

Wreckdra made contact, with a response. No time was agreed upon, and SteveAngello stopped responding afterwards, and had not been online since then. Wreckdra gets the win

Da Raikage vs Bunnelby

Da Raikage VM'd Bunnelby, with no response, and Bunnelby with no activity on the forums since Aug. 22. Da Raikage gets the win.

steelphoenix vs [c-wi] roro97-kitetsu

SteelPhoenix made contact through PO forums early on within the week, with no response. As of yesterday, [c-wi] roro97-kitetsu made contact through an outside source, with steelphoenix being too busy. Due to steelphoenix being active throughout the week, whereas [c-wi] roro97-kitetsu was only active the last days before deadline, Steelphoenix gets the win.

New Breed vs M Dragon

Players agreed upon a time, and M Dragon logged on at the incorrect time agreed upon within the forum VMs. Due to this, New Breed gets the win.

MoxieInfinite vs bedshibaer

Agreed upon a time, yet neither has posted in Week 3 thread about a result. Dead game.

Void vs Cicada

Both players made attempts and thorough contact to make time to play. However, timezone constrains prevailed. Both showed activity, with no clear winner, so dead game.

Scorpdestroyer vs Teddeh

Both made contact, and attempted to meet. However, Teddeh was not on within the times, and was only online the times Scorpdestroyer was not. Afterwards, contact was not made after Tuesday morning, GMT -5, with Scorpdestroyer remaining active in hopes to meet Teddeh. Due to Teddeh's lack of activity after Tuesday morning, with Scorpdestroyer remaining active for most of the day, Scorpdestroyer gets the win.

Echelon vs Henrie

Due to timezone constraints, neither player could meet at all. Dead game.

Scythe. vs blunder

Both players made contact, yet nothing was said afterwards as to the circumstance of the situation. Dead game.

8. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Week 4
    @Cosine180 vs @Zamrock

Zamrock disconnected near the end of the game. I thought about it for an evening and came to the conclusion that there was no reasonable way that Cosine can lose the game unless he started randomly switching around, he had to make no pro-active plays and any such plays Zamrock made could be easily countered with the resources Cosine had at hand. Just in case I got second opinions from a couple people that were on neither Zamrock nor Cosine's team (and who know how to play Pokémon better than I do) and they also came to the same conclusion. So, sorry Zamrock and his team, but I'm going to give Cosine the win for this game. I am confident that I and the people I asked have thought of every reasonable course the game could take and I'm willing to explain how certain moves can play out to Cosine's victory if you must know.

Being completely transparent if Cosine's Landorus wasn't Scarfed he loses the game but given the team and the way it was played it would be frankly ludicrous to believe it wasn't Scarfed and I'd feel dishonest giving Zamrock a rematch on that.

9. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Week 4 activity:

Anti vs D4RR3N - Both players contacted each other on Skype and the match just wasn't doable for them. Neither manager subbed so it's a dead game.

Genio./ (sub) Drachenrot vs Navz - Navz made attempts to contact both the original player and the sub. Both were very inactive following the attempted contact or in the sub's case, initial contact. Navz wins.

Lavos Spawn vs Xdevo - They arranged for Friday night. Both were at least online on Friday night but it didn't happen so they're equally at fault there from the information I can confirm (which is that at least at about 11pm Devo's time, Lavos was online and Devo was online that night) . Devo then made an attempt to renew contact and get the match done the next day or even after. Which wasn't reciprocated by Lavos. So I'll give Devo the win.

New Breed vs namehtmas - So. namehtmas contacted New Breed on Smogon. I'm going to completely ignore that because that's silly unless you really know that someone's going to check and I have 0 way of knowing if NB did check that and ignore it. So it's not something I am capable of using, much less want to (also it just said "when fite" without proposing a time which is important later). NB dropped namehtmas a VM on Friday, pretty late in the week. But this was the first contact. New Breed proposed 2 potential times and both of them namehtmas shot down, but with that kind of notice there's not really a lot you can do if you can't make it so this becomes a dead game.

Lord Emvee vs Ox the Fox - Emvee Tried. Ox did not visibly reply. Granted Emvee didn't try that hard, but something is better than nothing. Emvee wins.

Scorpdestroyer vs Bunnelby - See above, but this time Scorp tried, and a little harder than Emvee too.

Absol-
    vs M Dragon - M Dragon and Absol scheduled for the morning. Absol was online in what most of the civilized world calls the morning (from 9am-1pm). However M Dragon has the idea that the morning is past 1pm. One can claim that "the culture" should alert him to the fact that M Dragon would consider the afternoon the morning, but then perhaps M Dragon should consider that most of the world considers morning to be before midday and adjust accordingly. So that's stupid. Then we come to the first scheduled game where Absol stated clearly in his VM that he was going to be waiting on Smogtours. Literally it's right there. M Dragon chose to not read or to ignore this and waited on IRC without saying he would do so and so the match didn't get done. tl;dr M Dragon fucked up 1.5-2 times and the matches didn't get done. Absol wins.

Celestial Phantom vs 49 - So it appears they both tried and it just didn't happen. Apparently Celes found 49 on Smogtours 45 minutes after scheduled time because neither of them informed each other of their alts on showdown. After being PM'd 49 allegedly logged out. After that Celes demonstrated in the thread, a will to get the game done by asking 49's manager's to contact him. So that gets Celes the edge.

XyZero vs IFM/(sub) Jelly - So from what I can gather, Zero contacted IFM, was ignored, IFM got subbed out, he contacted the sub and was able to schedule, but then the sub missed the scheduled time. Which would leave Zero the winner.

10. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Amendment:
    New Breed vs namehtmas
    The important information that I missed was that namehtmas was proven to pursue New Breed by means I can count on Thursday before New Breed VM'd him by contacting his managers. Only after his managers pursued him did New Breed send a VM with two times he could make in the next two days, at which point, as stated before namehtmas can't be expected to adjust so quickly. So while namehtmas had shown that for a week and a half he was at least trying in some capacity to get the game done. New Breed was entirely silent until pursued by his managers at the effective last minute of a week and a half stretch.

I apologise for missing this information but given that it's been less than an hour I'm willing to reverse my ill-informed decision.

11. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Sellbacks:
    Milotics - tml and Aurious for 6K credits total.
    Arcanine - Songsing and Stockings for 6K credits total.
    Lapras - Tox for 3k
    Articunos - Xtrashine for 3k

12. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Decorus traded to Articunos from Milotics in exchange for 4000 money.

13. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Activity Week 5.

LilOU vs ZoroDark
    Effort was made to contact ZoroDark on both Smogon and here and the match couldn't be organised. Responses were minimal.

;Moonlight vs Lavos Spawn
    ;Moonlight appears to have made an effort, which cannot be said for his opponent.

The Dude vs Ox The Fox
    get backer vs [c-wi] roro97-kitetsu
    Both of the above are the same, The Dude and Get Backer attempted contact and were ignored.

H-C vs M Dragon
    Well M Dragon quit and nobody subbed him out.

MetalGross vs _bomber_
    MetalGross has been "around", _bomber_ has been completely absent

GeeMick vs Alexander
    http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/pocl-week-5.32156/page-4#post-449331
    Missed putting it in this post but counted as a win. GeeMick wins for obvious reasons.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  14. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Activity Week 6

Scorpdestroyer vs Kody
    Shit timezones and schedules they both tried. Tie.

Texas Cloverleaf vs Lavos Spawn
    Texas tried. Lavos didn't.

Proof vs Ellie
    Proof "tried" and BR didn't at all. But it's probably not enough to give a straight up win. So dead.

Mr.378 vs Big Bad Booty Daddy
    No effort is evident from either party. Tie.

Innovomania vs SteveAngello
    No apparent contact attempts anywhere. Tie.

Echelon vs Nonon is Real
    Neither of them looked at the thread. Tie.

Ox The Fox
    [c-wi] roro97-kitetsu
    M Dragon
    _bomber_
    These four lose because none of them tried.

15. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Raised concern:
    Marcoasd vs Galbia
    The concern raised was that Galbia's victory was largely due to a bug with Pokémon Showdown's RBY. The bug being that, should counter be used on the same turn as the opponent, both Counter usages will fail. Therefore both Counters should have failed on turn 25 of the above replay.

Marcoasd has argued that his victory was "assured without dumb hax" should he have not taken the damage from counter that he shouldn't have taken.

I came to the conclusion that neither player is at "fault" because they both agreed to play on Showdown, and neither had any way of knowing the bug was present, or that it would change their game. In which case the only eventuality in which I would overturn the result to force a rematch would be one in which a player lost a game that was beyond reasonable doubt, won without the bug.

In this case I believe that, while the Counter damage did give Galbia the advantage, the match was not won without reasonable doubt by Marcoasd should the turn have been played correctly. The possible routes for the game to take from that point are numerous and it is unreasonable to assume a particular course by either player in all the paths the game could have taken. As such I'm leaving this as it is. A win for Galbia.

Laurel and galbia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.