1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Community] PO Profile - ZoroDark

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZoroDark, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

[​IMG]

About me:

I’m an 18-year old guy from Belgium who’s most known for not even being the outright best Pokemon player in his family. In all seriousness, I’m a university student striving to become a civic engineer in 5 years. I’m a big sports fan, following soccer, tennis, basketball, American football and baseball to some degree. I used to play soccer and tennis in high school, but unfortunately I haven’t played either sport a lot since. I also watch / have watched various comedy series and I love talking about them. My favorite passtime is hanging out with friends though, whether that is at a bar (yay 16 legal drinking age) or occasionally playing at local quizzes in the region.

Pokemon career:

I honestly don’t even remember when I really started playing Pokemon but it must have been at least 8 years ago. My very first game was Pokemon Emerald and it was the best thing in my life for 2 years or something lol. I fell in love with the Pokemon world that I only knew from the manga up to that point. I got Gold, Sapphire, Diamond, Heart Gold, Black, a Pokemon Ranger game and 2 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games over the years and I never disliked any of them. Wanting to get better at the subway in Pokemon Black, I got into contact with Smogon and Serebii and I got hooked even more. With a team of Cloyster / Scizor / Garchomp, I managed to string together 70 consecutive wins in the Battle Subway. This was the threshold to be included in the rankings in some Orange Islands Smogon thread, and that prompted me to get a Smogon account.

By watching shofu on YouTube, I got intrigued by regular 6on6 single battles. Eventually, I decided to download PO and picked the PO server over the Smogon server, because it had way more people. I built my first team (a not so good Sand VolTurn team – if you ever played BW1, you can probably imagine what mons it had) and laddered for hours. After a month or so, I started joining all sorts of tours in #Tournaments. I remember getting smashed by the illustrious kland in the first OU tour I ever joined. Eventually I got better and better and I’d even win the occasional tour. I spent the next few months competing with Orcelot, Michael, Z+V, New Breed, Marik and later meeps and Fosco. Pretty much anyone in that list got MU, me included some time in October 2012. I rose through the ranks some more, being both a server mod and OUTL at the beginning of XY, but Oak fired me from both for inactivity.

I’ve never stopped contributing to PO, but over time I’ve become more and more interested in forum tournaments both here and on Smogon. I made a name for myself as a Tournament player in OST VIII by making it to the final 16 before losing in a heartbreaker. I got picked up to play in WCoP and SPL after that, but I haven’t really had success in either of those tours (yet!). Last year I nearly captained Team EU to POWC victory here on PO, but we got haxed by US Central in finals. Soon after that, I made it to finals of POT to lose there as well. Recently I’ve enjoyed some success by qualifying for Smogon Classic and ST playoffs but unfortunately I got eliminated immediately in both. I’m about to win my first trophy ever this POCL as a member of the Spartak Stunfisk though so it’s all good :]

This already looks like a Finch post so I’m gonna stop talking now. Feel free to ask questions, those are the most fun part about this after all. I’ve been fortunate to meet tons of cool people on here and doing shoutouts for them would take me far too long and I’d forget tons of people. If you ask a question, I’ll include a shoutout (asking for it is just awk). Fire away :]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  2. ASH_CHAMPION

ASH_CHAMPION A very useless person~

PO Trainer Name:
    Meh
    Awkward my ass give me a shotuout >:[
    Oh I actually do have some questions though. Do you still love belgian waffles?
    What time did you enjoy most on PO? (As in like when you were mod, right now, when you were MU)
    Are you really not fat e.e?
    Why are you so bad at trivia?
    Why are you not studying?
    Ya I lied I didn't actually have questions I just came up with those

3. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    fat

Proof, Fiery Espeon, Edna and 7 others like this.
  4. E.T.

E.T. METAMORPHOSIS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    1. What is your favorite Pokemon? Why?

2. What is your least favorite Pokemon? Why?

3. What is it about engineering that interests you?

4. What are your current thoughts on the state of the ORAS Ubers metagame?

5. Are there any tiering changes that need to be made to ORAS Ubers, or do you think it is fine as it is? Why?

6. What is your favorite tier and why?

7. What are your thoughts on the current state of the Trivia channel?

8. Are there any changes that need to be made to Trivia, or do you think it is fine as it is? Why?

9. What are your top 5 TV comedies?

10. What is your favorite American football team? Do you pay attention to college football or just NFL stuff?

5. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

do you blame american cheese burgers?
    rage channel. is bad
    math is gr8 y/y
    do you have a favorite, yet somehow stupid, pokemon set?
    which came first, the zorodark or the metalgross? (your names)

6. Kody

Kody :]

why is our pocl team so powerful

7. Raducan

Raducan Well-Known Member

hey

finch is like...really bad?
    im like...really good?
    what 3 things does America have over Belgium?
    what 3 things does Belgium have over America?
    what's your favorite place in America you've visited?

8. Email

Email reformed xd

PO Trainer Name:
    Email
    What do you think of oras ubers vs bw2 ubers?

Thoughts about swagger Prankster?

Am I good at ubers?

9. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

What are your thoughts on this year's nba draft?
    What are your thoughts on vgc?
    Do you think Crystal Moogle ought to have actually carried out her april fools prank for this year?
    Free Mega-Ray y/y?
    Which would you rather Aus or NZ?
    If you controlled the world like Kim Jong Un controls North Korea, what's the silliest law you would implement?

10. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    Grats on the profile!
    what do you think of me?
    which one is better in ubers, Email or me?
    who to win NU Standard Tour (hint: it's snaga)?
    give me a shoutout yn

11. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    give me shoutout or ill fuck u up i swear :[

1. Why do you lie about being belgian when we all know you're actually mexican?
    2. Favorite food joint?
    3. Most tasty thing you've ever eaten?
    4. Any particular incident irl that you're most ashamed of?
    5. Favorite music instrument?
    6. Favorite sport you like to watch and play.
    7. Top 3 favorite books and movies.
    8. Top 3 favorite singers/bands. What's your opinion on Taylor Swift?
    9. What are your goals for the next couple of years?
    10. What's your favorite holiday destination?

PO QUESTIONSSSS

1. Favorite thing to do on PO?
    2. Favorite user to troll on PO?
    3. What's is your favorite Mega Evolution?
    4. Favorite and least favorite pokemon: both competitively and aesthetically.
    5. Promote Mod/Admin/Owner and why?
    6. Demote Mod/Admin?owner and why?
    7. Top 5 PO battlers in your opinion.
    8. Any users you look for immediately when you come online.
    9. Top 5 most active contributors on PO right now?
    10. Players you look/looked up to?
    11. In future when you'll look back upon the time spent here, what would you think: time wasted or time well-spent?
    12. Anyone from here you would like to meet and hang out with irl?
    13. What do you think about the current state of #Tournaments? Any advice for TOs to implement?
    14. What's the best PO tier right now according to you? Most dedicated Tier Leader?
    15. If you could ban one pokemon from any tier, what would it be?
    16. Do you think PO will die out in near future, or will we continue in this fashion?
    17. Any opinions on the PO Staff overall, be server or forums?
    18. Why am I better than you and @ASH_CHAMPION in Trivia?
    19. Any PO incident that you regret most.
    20. Top 3 coolest PO users in your opinion.

12. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

Sup Zoro! Nice profile. Sorry if duplicate.

What country / place do you want to go to the most?

Goals for the next few years?

Thoughts on each generation of Pokemon?

Least favourite Poke? Aesthetically and Competitively?

Most anticipated Film / TV Show / Book?

What Films / TV Shows / Books have you been meaning to read / watch but haven't?

Go read / watch them now, okay?

Bring back 24, y/n?

I should have a profile y/n?

NZ best y/y?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  13. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Hiiii :]

I just hope there ain't any doubles here so let's go:

Why are you so good at Trivia Sport?

What do you think of me as person,battler,cstaff?

When we will ban Primal Groudon, this thing has way too much usage and makes Ubers disgusting :v

Any opinion on the MU's? Are they lazy or is just me who feels I fill the queue all day long?

How do you feel about your brother playing the same game as you? Did it bother you at some point or never?

Any way of improving in PO even more? I'm kinda trying to get the best of PO atm and I don't know if I lack something :x

I hope to talk to you in the future, you're a nice a funny person, grats! :3

14. Holiano

Holiano --

PO Trainer Name:
    Holiano
    Hello! I just have one question.
    Have you any advice for people who want to improve himself and begin in official tournaments? It's always cool for everyone to have an advice of a good player!

15. Spaintakula

Spaintakula New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Spaintakula
    Wew, I did not know you were from Belgium.
    Ik fluister in je oor, not creepy, I swear D:
    But yeah, I have a few questions:

Difference between dutch and belgium fries? And I guess you prefer the latter more.
    What would be your top 3 tiers ever since you started doing competitive play?
    With the current metagame, out of every tier (LC/NU/LU/UU/OU)...okay, maybe not LC, but yeah, out of them, select 1 pokemon that needs a ban the most, in each tier?
    Favourite series in general, and favourite ones that you're currently watching/following?
    Favourite genre of music?
    Who's your brother?, I got no idea ;-;

That'd be it, thanks, and grats on profile :')

16. ZoroDark

- Meh
    Awkward my ass give me a shotuout >:[
    >xU

Oh I actually do have some questions though. Do you still love belgian waffles?
    A person who doesn't love Belgian waffles can't be trusted.

What time did you enjoy most on PO? (As in like when you were mod, right now, when you were MU)
    I've always found joy some way or another. low point was after getting demoted tho

Are you really not fat e.e?

No sigh

Why are you so bad at trivia?

I'm amazing ???

Why are you not studying?

I just took an exam :(

Ya I lied I didn't actually have questions I just came up with those

ya ur terrible
    meh you're like one of the people i talk to most on po and i wouldn't want it any other way. you're a funny guy and watching you defeated esteemed smogon players during st is one of my favorite parts of it. shame you're not good at adv ou or trivia but you can work on that :3

- E.T.
    1. What is your favorite Pokemon? Why?
    Tyranitar. It's got a baller design and it's so insanely useful competitively.

2. What is your least favorite Pokemon? Why?

Unfezant's design is atrocious and it's even worse competitively so I'd have to go with that.

3. What is it about engineering that interests you?

Putting the two things that fascinate me the most, math and physics, in action.

4. What are your current thoughts on the state of the ORAS Ubers metagame?

I don't like it at all. Primal Groudon and to a lesser extent, Mega Salamance, are really suffocating a metagame that was for the most part enjoyable in XY. There appears to be almost no room for innovation / variety. There's been a couple of cool games in POCL like krau vs anti with cool teams though, so that gives me hope.

5. Are there any tiering changes that need to be made to ORAS Ubers, or do you think it is fine as it is? Why?

Getting rid of Primal Groudon would be really interesting, but it'd mean breaking with a tiering policy (not just Ubers, but tiering as a whole) that has been around for a really long time.

6. What is your favorite tier and why?

That'd be BW2 Ubers. It's fast paced, surprisingly balanced and you can make all sorts of archetypes work.

7. What are your thoughts on the current state of the Trivia channel?

I think Trivia is great. As far as I can see, there's no flaws with the system we have right now. The only we're lacking is users but that's a PO-wide problem without a solution, I'm afraid.

8. Are there any changes that need to be made to Trivia, or do you think it is fine as it is? Why?

Basically see above

9. What are your top 5 TV comedies?

hmm it's hard to rank them. New Girl, Friends and HIMYM are probably my 3 favorite ones. The Big Bang Theory and 2 And A Half Man are also pretty great, but just a cut below imo.

10. What is your favorite American football team? Do you pay attention to college football or just NFL stuff?

Having lived in Dallas for a year, I'd have to pick the Cowboys. If they aren't playing the Cowboys, I also root for the Seahawks; I saw a preseason game of them in Seattle and the atmosphere inside their stadium is unlike any other. I follow college football as well.
    i don't know you that well but you seem to be a good contributor and a nice guy and i appreciate that :)

- sulcata
    do you blame american cheese burgers?
    i actually prefer no cheese oO

rage channel. is bad

by extension, that makes you bad as well which completely justifies the following statement: "nou"

math is gr8 y/y

it is but fu*k exams / tests

do you have a favorite, yet somehow stupid, pokemon set?

Cacturne (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Leech Seed

you should probably run bulk or something but this is straight out of a super old dpp nu team i built at one point. if you get toxic spikes up and you get this baby rolling there's no stopping. not being able to use this anymore is the only reason i felt bad about banning sand from bw uu.

which came first, the zorodark or the metalgross? (your names)

zorodark did. we actually shared this account for a bit till metalgross came around haha
    same thing as e.t. but i know you a little better :) you're a math nerd like me and at least you still remember some shit unlike choolio and that's great

- kody
    why is our pocl team so powerful
    bringing honor to motherland italia is the best motivation to win pokemon games
    strong battler, i haven't seen a build from you that i haven't liked and you're an exemplary teammate helping build uu teams and testing :)

- raducan
    finch is like...really bad?
    SO bad

im like...really good?

not at sports trivia ;)

what 3 things does America have over Belgium?

1. cooler sports: high school sports / pep runs / are some of the best memories i have from my year in texas and there's absolutely nothing like it in belgium and then there's also college sports and football / basketball!!! in belgium you better like soccer or ur doomed
    2. food: so many great places to eat. going to a restaurant is a pretty special occasion in belgium and it's generally more haute cuisine, but i'd trade that immediately for having five guys, chipotle etc here in belgium.
    3. natural beauty: there's just soooooooo many stunning places to visit and there's an incredible variety of ecosystems and different landscapes. in comparison, belgium has like 40 miles of total beach that looks like this on the rare hot, sunny day.

what 3 things does Belgium have over America?

1. better school system: no sat / act tests, no writing 10 essays to apply to college, no absurd student loans (am i making you jealous yet)
    2. health care i suppose?
    3.for me personally: friends and family.

what's your favorite place in America you've visited?

omg this is so hard because there's tons of amazing places. my favorite cities are probably new york and san diego. it's even harder to pick my favorite national park because they're all so stunningly beautiful in their own ways. the grand canyon has to be the most impressive one though (like literally being blown away by the size of it).
    a tennis pick up line would work on you yn. definitely one of the coolest people on po. it's a shame our timezones are so far apart otherwise we could talk / play trivia / make fun of finch some more. i didn't get the chance to tell you this yet so ill just do it here: omg i saw the episode of janice and ross hooking up and it's just perfect LOL.

- email
    What do you think of oras ubers vs bw2 ubers?
    Already talked about this a little bit (see e.t.'s questions), but I much prefer BW2 Ubers.

Thoughts about (swagger) Prankster?

Swagger's just dumb and it's good that it's banned. Prankster is an amazing ability but it makes facing anything that has it really annoying.

Am I good at ubers?

i honestly don't know :o
    jaja man im so bored. anyway you've always been a nice guy and i hope life is good having kinda quit po :D

- ortheore
    What are your thoughts on this year's nba draft?
    I'm excited for the Twolves because if everything pans out, they might be really good in a couple of years. I don't really like the Lakers or the Knicks but they seem to be on slowly on their way up again with Russell + the guy who broke his leg (i can't remember his name right now lol) + Clarkson vs Melo + Grant + PORZINGER (hopefully he isn't a bust) + the vets they brought in. I don't even know what Philly is doing and then the Heat got ridiculously lucky with Winslow. I hope Kaminsky pans out because he seems like a legitimate cool guy.

What are your thoughts on vgc?

seeing how similar the teams of the finalists at world's were, is kinda sad :( doubles seems fun and different and more balanced as a general thing however.

Do you think Crystal Moogle ought to have actually carried out her april fools prank for this year?

i actually don't know / can't remember what happened lol

Free Mega-Ray y/y?

pls no

Which would you rather Aus or NZ?

That's a hard question :( i don't think i know enough about the differences between the 2 countries to choose (besides one being huge as fuck vs a smaller island; a bit like usa vs belgium perhaps oO), but they both seem like fantastic countries to live in.

If you controlled the world like Kim Jong Un controls North Korea, what's the silliest law you would implement?

if im really going to be kim jong un, i'd probably execute everyone who touches / uses polystyrene near me. i hate the noise it makes more than anything in the world.
    nice guy and good / underrated rby battler. appreciate the work you've done with analyses (know that at least 1 person has read them :D) and i hope the poyt thing works out

- TraceOfLife
    Grats on the profile!
    thx

what do you think of me?

oO

which one is better in ubers, Email or me?

i honestly didn't know either of you really played ubers lol D: you should probably battle it out oO

who to win NU Standard Tour (hint: it's snaga)?

da raikage probably knows po nu better than anyone (outside of draciel but he's terrible LOL)

give me a shoutout yn

Oo
    nice guy, good mod and underrated battler. i will ask you for lc open teams at one point just so you know n_n

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  17. Fiery Espeon

Fiery Espeon The fire never bothered me anyway ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Fiery Espeon
    Do you think ORAS Ubers fares better with Power Herb + Geomancy combination gone, and Primal Groudon?
    If you were to kill one user on PO, who would it be?
    If you were to marry one user on PO, who would it be?
    what do you think would help PO gain more users/players?
    Thoughts on me?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  18. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    Who's the best player to ever beat your E4 :o

19. Cirno

Cirno Romantic

PO Trainer Name:
    Alice
    How well do you think user @Withoutatrace is dealing with POCL?
    Reddit, Tumblr or 4chan?
    What is your life philosophy?
    What is the hardest part about being auth?
    What is your favourite Legendary Pokemon?
    Favourite Eeveelution?
    What kind of music do you like the most?
    Yaoi or Yuri?
    What kind of YouTube videos do you watch?
    Does it matter if Ubers has been tiered a certain way for ages if people want dumb stuff gone? Something something appeal to tradition something something.
    What are your thoughts on Religion?
    What are you thoughts on the best RMT, TEAM MEXICO?

20. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
    Hi!
    What do u think is better Geo Xern or P Don?
    Do you think XY Ubers > ORAS Ubers ? why
    What did u liked more Gym leader or E4?
    Which side channel you like most?
    Gratz!

21. buny

buny heartbreak hotel

PO Trainer Name:
    buny
    why are you better than your brother in almost every conceivable way

ZoroDark likes this.
  22. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Gratzu on the profile.
    It's been a few times we met, but I like you as a person and here we go.

1)So Metalgross is your bro. Who is the bigger one of the two?
    2) You suck at Base Stats Trivia you know that?
    3) Why engineering? Did you have any previous career target?
    4) In ascending order. List the ORAS Main tiers according to your likes.
    5) Sub SD Cobalion :[ (It 6-0d me once, imma noob)
    When did you come up with that?
    6) Dafuq is a TTar named TYRENITR?
    7) Fight me OU sometimes? I wanna test some teams but more or less I wanna have fun :3
    8) Be calm now, your thoughts on BP?
    9)Lastly. What would you suggest to tryhards and newbies that will make them a useful part in the community?

That's all. Cya at Trivia!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  23. Trademark

Trademark Copyright

PO Trainer Name:
    Trademark
    1.) Metalgross = Zorodark y/y???
    2.) Play me in XY Ubers?
    3.) Does CM Xern even have any merit in the ORAS Ubers meta?

I went out of hidin for dis

24. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    are you my friend

xclus or thunderpussies

should i come back to po

best dumb thing ive done

25. ZoroDark

- @Draciel
    give me shoutout or ill fuck u up i swear :[
    o no not GYM BOY DRACiEL

1. Why do you lie about being belgian when we all know you're actually mexican?
    damn u got me

2. Favorite food joint?
    Probably 5 Guys, but there's so many good ones tbh.

3. Most tasty thing you've ever eaten?
    This is also really hard, but there's a Burmese restaurant in San Francisco that's really really good. I like Thai food a lot and Burmese cuisine is similar, but that was something else.

4. Any particular incident irl that you're most ashamed of?

I've been in plenty of awkward situations (not always my fault!), but I don't really have a single one that stands out.

5. Favorite music instrument?
    I don't play any instruments, but I've always been fascinated by the piano.

6. Favorite sport you like to watch and play.

Play: either soccer / tennis
    Watch: basketball / American Football

7. Top 3 favorite books and movies.

I used to read lots of books when I was in middle school / junior high, but not so much lately. I'd probably go with any Harry Potter book / Hunger Games trio / and GOT books

As for movies:
    - Inception is pretty amazing
    - I really liked 21 and 22 Jump Street even if they aren't amazing movies by any movie critic's standards
    - Forrest Gump is really cool too, but that might be me being a history geek :/

8. Top 3 favorite singers/bands. What's your opinion on Taylor Swift?

taylor swift :D
    i don't really have 3 favorite ones, but i generally enjoy any song by coldplay / snow patrol / onerepublic if that gives you an idea of my music taste :o

9. What are your goals for the next couple of years?

Graduating is the only big goal really. If I can do that without having to retake exams and thus actually having a summer some years, all the better.

10. What's your favorite holiday destination?

America as of late, but France / Italy / Spain are beautiful too.

PO QUESTIONSSSS
    there's so many aaaaaaaaaaaa

1. Favorite thing to do on PO?
    just talk to people basically

2. Favorite user to troll on PO?
    Finch :3

3. What's is your favorite Mega Evolution?
    i probably use mega scizor the most bu

4. Favorite and least favorite pokemon: both competitively and aesthetically.
    Favorite: Tyranitar
    Least favorite: Unfezant

5. Promote Mod/Admin/Owner and why?
    mod carlmurray: im p sure he talks in tohjo and doesn't have it yet so there u go
    admin celestial phantom: idrk anyone else to promote and he didn't fuck up when he used to be an admin
    owner raddy: he does so much all around po

6. Demote Mod/Admin?owner and why?
    demote miku for never being on when i am
    demote u for being bad and asking bad questions

7. Top 5 PO battlers in your opinion.
    if we go by people currently still really active on po that would do well in spl as a way of ranking people: probably finch / metalgross / bugzi / fitzy / me? idk

8. Any users you look for immediately when you come online.

depends when i come online. if it's morning for me, i generally look for you and meh first. if americans are awake, mainly finch and raddy and then choolio throughout the day as he has the same timezone as me.

9. Top 5 most active contributors on PO right now?
    "active" makes this hard but moogle / trace / fuzzy / duster / raddy or something like that

10. Players you look/looked up to?

back when i started (so like bw period), i actually used to really look up to people who posted quality ou rmt's on smogon like dice for example. right now it's people like mcm who does consistently well in big tournaments and always has interesting builds.

11. In future when you'll look back upon the time spent here, what would you think: time wasted or time well-spent?
    time wasted that i could've wasted in much worse ways probably

12. Anyone from here you would like to meet and hang out with irl?

honestly not really :$

13. What do you think about the current state of #Tournaments? Any advice for TOs to implement?

it all boils down to "po needs more users" and i don't think anyone can still really change that.

14. What's the best PO tier right now according to you? Most dedicated Tier Leader?

probably uu, but nu is pretty decent too. i think you and da raikage did a really good job at cleaning up nu because it was a wasteland not so long ago.

15. If you could ban one pokemon from any tier, what would it be?
    PDon from ubers to see what that gives probably

16. Do you think PO will die out in near future, or will we continue in this fashion?

I honestly don't know. We might continue in this fashion for some time but we'll keep losing more users than we get new ones :/

17. Any opinions on the PO Staff overall, be server or forums?

everyone's capable but some people are a tad lazy at times (i know im guilty of this)

18. Why am I better than you and @ASH_CHAMPION in Trivia?

lol no you aren't, you're literally the worst between the 3 of us

19. Any PO incident that you regret most.

there isn't really anything big so i'd have to go with choking in pot finals then

20. Top 3 coolest PO users in your opinion.

anyone in rc. is cool and then there's also various cool people who aren't in rc. that are cool too, so it's impossible to pick 3

do you know how long these took, fu*k you. seriously though you're one of the coolest / nicest guys on po and testing teams or playing trivia with you is always a blast

- The Dude
    Sup Zoro! Nice profile. Sorry if duplicate.
    thanks n_n

What country / place do you want to go to the most?
    If you've read this thread, you've probably noticed that I've fallen in love with America. Right now, I probably want to visit London the most because I haven't been done that yet and it's actually pretty close.

Goals for the next few years?
    Graduate and enjoy college life :)

Thoughts on each generation of Pokemon?
    gen 1: i played leaf green and i loved it :) it was harder than any of the gen 3 games and there were a bunch of really cool pokemon you didn't have in sapphire / emerald like tyranitar and dragonite. competitively RBY OU is fun from time to time but there's a limit of games I can play / see before I start getting annoyed by the additional RNG elements lol
    gen 2: actually never played a gen 2 game. GSC OU is my worst OU tier but I'm getting better at it and learning to appreciate it more.
    gen 3: my favorite gen :) pokemon emerald is the bomb with contests, team aqua and magma, a long aftergame etc. adv ou is p cool too!
    gen 4: i played diamond and i liked it for the most part, but never as much as emerald / leaf green. nostalgia might have something to do with that though. dpp ou might be my current favorite old gen.
    gen 5: i didn't really like the story of pokemon black with n and stuff but the region itself was pretty stunning. bw2 ou is a pretty cool gen too :o
    gen 6: didn't play the games because no 3DS and not a single oras tier is as fun as their bw counterpart :/

Least favourite Poke? Aesthetically and Competitively?
    Unfezant

Most anticipated Film / TV Show / Book?
    Film: the new bond movie
    TV-Show: new seasons of New Girl / Person Of Interest
    Book: new ASOIAF book

What Films / TV Shows / Books have you been meaning to read / watch but haven't?
    film: actually been meaning to rewatch back to the future for a while now (i don't even know why but i keep thinking about doing it)
    tv show: house of cards / GOT
    books: not really any oO

Go read / watch them now, okay?
    but exams :(

Bring back 24 y/n
    like the tv show? never watched it oo

I should have a profile y/n?
    y i think it'd be interesting

NZ best y/y?
    lo!l nz

cool guy and it's always fun to talk tennis :) us open hype

- @Carlmurray
    Hiiii :]
    :]

I just hope there ain't any doubles here so let's go:

Why are you so good at Trivia Sport?
    I follow lots of sports and I also play sports trivia a lot.

What do you think of me as person,battler,cstaff?
    don't know you that well but you seem like a good good guy and i assume you're decent at battling bc you win a lot of server tournaments right :o

When we will ban Primal Groudon, this thing has way too much usage and makes Ubers disgusting :v
    only problem with banning pdon is that geoxern, primal ogre and mence lose one of their most splashable checks and we might end up with an even shittier meta unless you remove them as well.

Any opinion on the MU's? Are they lazy or is just me who feels I fill the queue all day long?
    i honestly don't know oo

How do you feel about your brother playing the same game as you? Did it bother you at some point or never?
    only annoying part is being unable to join the same server tournaments but well that really isn't the biggest deal lol

Any way of improving in PO even more? I'm kinda trying to get the best of PO atm and I don't know if I lack something :x
    playing in official tournaments here and on smogon and doing well in them is the ultimate reward of being a good battler, so maybe you should try joining some Smogon Tours and see how you like them. The new season starts next weekend!

I hope to talk to you in the future, you're a nice a funny person, grats! :3

- @Holiano
    Hello! I just have one question.
    Have you any advice for people who want to improve himself and begin in official tournaments? It's always cool for everyone to have an advice of a good player!

Honestly just play a lot. The only way to get better is to play lots and lots of games, especially against good players so you'll learn a lot. If you get on Showdown's OLT ladder, you'll face lots of good players if you get decently high and those Smogon Tours I mentioned above are great for training as well.

- @Spaintakula
    Wew, I did not know you were from Belgium.
    Ik fluister in je oor, not creepy, I swear D:

:O
    But yeah, I have a few questions:

Difference between dutch and belgium fries? And I guess you prefer the latter more.

As far as I know there isn't a big difference between them, but Belgians are just better at making fries :).

What would be your top 3 tiers ever since you started doing competitive play?

BW2 Ubers / BW2 OU / ORAS OU

With the current metagame, out of every tier (LC/NU/LU/UU/OU)...okay, maybe not LC, but yeah, out of them, select 1 pokemon that needs a ban the most, in each tier?

LC: Diglett
    NU: don't think there is one
    LU: probably needs half a dozen bans but Froslass would be a good start
    UU: Victini
    OU: Hoopa-U

Favourite series in general, and favourite ones that you're currently watching/following?

Currently watching Friends, my favorite one would be either HIMYM or Person Of Interest

Favourite genre of music?

pop music mainly

Who's your brother?, I got no idea ;-;

MetalGross oo

That'd be it, thanks, and grats on profile :')
    :)

26. bugzinator

bugzinator Well-Known Member

SHAWTY WHAT THAT THANG DO

do you remember that one forum pm i sent you?
    please don't tell anyone?
    fave new girl ep?
    fave himym ep?
    barney, winston or schmidt?
    why do you lose every single spl, wcop & playoff match on smogon?
    prediction for us open winners?
    english premier league winner?
    champions league winner?
    who are your fave tennis players?
    football teams?
    did you know snow patrol is a (part) scottish band? :}
    rank ur top 3 fave scottish things
    shoutout?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    ZoroDark likes this.
  27. ZoroDark

- @Fiery Espeon
    Do you think ORAS Ubers fares better with Power Herb + Geomancy combination gone, and Primal Groudon?
    I think it'd be more enjoyable yeah

If you were to kill one user on PO, who would it be?
    probably xdevo because he's always mean to me :(
    If you were to marry one user on PO, who would it be?
    bugzinator :3
    what do you think would help PO gain more users/players?
    only way would be getting rid of ps im afraid lol
    Thoughts on me?
    i vaguely remember you making shitty posts some time ago but you seem to have matured and improved your posting so gj!

- @snaga
    who's the best player to ever beat your e4 :o
    sigh you didn't even give me a way out of this question
    idk why but it took me like 6 attempts to get these hide tags working and now im angry. anyway, you're a pretty cool guy and a pretty good battler too (also a lucky one fuck that e4 series my god). one of the up and comers from po for sure

- @Cirno
    How well do you think user @Withoutatrace is dealing with POCL?
    Considering the circumstances, I think he's doing really well. Communicating what was happening really cleared up the situation and not being too proud to ask opinions from the players were definitely good things to do as a host and I'm not sure a lot of others could've dealt with the situation as well as he did.

Reddit, Tumblr or 4chan?

4chan is bad, idk how to navigate tumblr + it seems like it's mainly a lot of whining so i'd have to go with reddit

What is your life philosophy?

Honestly I don't really have a specific life philosophy but trying to enjoy every day and being nice to everybody are 2 of the most important values imo

What is the hardest part about being auth?

There'll always be people who don't like the decision you make even if it's an objectively good one and that's annoying sometimes.

What is your favourite Legendary Pokemon?

Latios is cool af

Favourite Eeveelution?

Competitively they're pretty much all dicks, but Umbreon's design is kinda slick and umbra meaning shadow in Latin is cool too.

What kind of music do you like the most?

Poppy stuff mainly, but some alternative music as well.

Yaoi or Yuri?

idk who / what those are and i honestly don't care either :/

What kind of YouTube videos do you watch?

Mainly music videos and then the occasional sports highlights

Does it matter if Ubers has been tiered a certain way for ages if people want dumb stuff gone? Something something appeal to tradition something something.

Well, Ubers used to be a banlist only and somehow that turned out to be pretty balanced. Now we've been forced to do various small bans to keep it playable but once you start banning stuff for just being "dumb", it wouldn't really 100% feel like Ubers anymore. I'm surprisingly bad at these policy arguments but I hope you can kinda see what I'm trying to see.

What are your thoughts on Religion?

Like belief in a God and stuff and not some band / movie / book right (the capital in Religion is confusing me D:). If people get power to get up and live a decent life because of their faith in a God, that's fantastic. Justifying it to do terrible things like ISIS does, is absolutely disgusting though.

What are you thoughts on the best RMT, TEAM MEXICO?

aids

you've been around po as long as i can remember and yet i don't think we've ever really talked. i think we have really different kind of personalities and stuff, but you're one of the nicest people on po i think :o

- @Jethalal
    Hi!
    What do u think is better Geo Xern or P Don?

GeoXern is probably the better sweeper, but PDon has far more utility.

Do you think XY Ubers > ORAS Ubers ? why

XY Ubers had its own problems like Gothitelle and Mega Gengar being more prominent, but you still had more variety in XY.

What did u liked more Gym leader or E4?

Probably E4 because interesting sets were few and far between as a Gym Leader.

Which side channel you like most?

Tournaments and Trivia, i can't really pick

Gratz!

thx

- @buny
    why are you better than your brother in almost every conceivable way
    right??????
    v funny user who's surprisingly good at trivia for working at mcdonald's. can't believe you're not actually a girl though...

- @Joyverse
    Gratzu on the profile.
    It's been a few times we met, but I like you as a person and here we go.

n_n

1)So Metalgross is your bro. Who is the bigger one of the two?
    im 2 years older than him so i am

2) You suck at Base Stats Trivia you know that?
    that was just the first time i played it im better now :(

3) Why engineering? Did you have any previous career target?

i considered pharmacy / med school but remember i REALLY don't like biology lol

4) In ascending order. List the ORAS Main tiers according to your likes.

OU / UU / NU / Ubers / LU

5) Sub SD Cobalion :[ (It 6-0d me once, imma noob)

When did you come up with that?
    oh lol i remember that team. idk i needed a steel type or something and cobalion fit. i already had a sr user so i could use an offensive set and considering i had a couple of twave mons, sub seemed like a nice 4th move to fish for para's lol

6) Dafuq is a TTar named TYRENITR?

read case's nuzlocke

7) Fight me OU sometimes? I wanna test some teams but more or less I wanna have fun :3

sure

8) Be calm now, your thoughts on BP?

it's just so fucking dumb and i don't understand why you'd wanna win that way. it's especially annoying in official tours like Smogon Tour.

9)Lastly. What would you suggest to tryhards and newbies that will make them a useful part in the community?

lurk a lot and never forget it's just a game

That's all. Cya at Trivia!
    :]

idk you well at all but you appear to be kinda good at trivia!!

- @Trademark
    1.) Metalgross = Zorodark y/y???
    Shh, it's a secret

2.) Play me in XY Ubers?
    Come online sometimes then =(

3.) Does CM Xern even have any merit in the ORAS Ubers meta?

Maybe Max Def CroCM "polopxern" has some merit as a Mega Mence check doubling as a win con against fat teams but it feels very niche and max max Geomancy ResTalk Xern might be better anyway.

I went out of hidin for dis
    :O

one of the cooler mu's i ever talked to and a pretty good battler in his day

- @Big Bad Booty Daddy
    are you my friend
    sure :]

xclus or thunderpussies
    xclus all day; thunderpussies could only dream of having quality users like zodiak and kland

should i come back to po
    probably not lol, but do a nuzlocke tho

best dumb thing I've done
    claiming you didn't have eq on gliscor vs somalia and then proclaiming "I KEEP STAB ON DECK NIGGA" made me lose it irl

for sure one of the funniest people that play pokemon and it's a shame po couldn't handle you. your relationship with finch never fails to amuse nor do your drunk stories

- @bugzinator
    SHAWTY WHAT THAT THANG DO
    i love this scene so much i just made a gif for it
    [​IMG]

do you remember that one forum pm i sent you?
    LOL i had kind of forgotten about it but now you mention it

please don't tell anyone?
    fine but if you ever quit, it's getting out

fave new girl ep?

the one with prince is pretty fantastic all around going from "ice and fire" over nick fainting to cece playing pingpong with prince

fave himym ep?

maybe the one where ted is teaching econ 101

barney, winston or schmidt?

god this is so hard. because there's more seasons of himym, there's more amazing barney scenes so i'd have to pick him. his playbook alone oml

why do you lose every single spl, wcop & playoff match on smogon?

idk =(

prediction for us open winners?

men: probably djokovic but i hope not
    women: serena getting a grand slam would be cool so i might root for her for once

english premier league winner?

man city might have already won lol

champions league winner?

maybe barca again?

who are your fave tennis players?

murray (how can you not love him after that ice cream stunt) and STAN THE MAN

football teams?

my favorite english team is actually tottenham =(
    i root for barca whenever they play
    in belgium it'd have to be club brugge / bruges / the team man utd destroyed in the qualifying round of cl

did you know snow patrol is a (part) scottish band? :}

i did actually :D

rank ur top 3 fave scottish things

3. snow patrol
    2. lauren
    1. you ;)

shoutout?

IT'S THE LAST ONE HALLELUJAH

i bet marshall would have clicked it y/n. anyway not only are you the prettiest girl to play pokemon, you're also an hilarious person to be around. talking about hilarious scenes from new girl / himym / soon friends without spoiling each other is pretty fantastic. you could've earned an even longer shoutout if you had actually used CB piloswine in nupl

28. [OG]Swanna Lady

[OG]Swanna Lady New Member

Here's a few questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE

Why are you so fat?
    What food do you eat to make yourself so fat?
    Any tips on getting fat?
    Favourite Taylor Swift song? Least Favourite? Best album? Worst Album?
    Opinion on Shadow of the Colossus? Favourite Colossus?
    What's your favourite coloured number of the alphabet?
    Do you eat Belgian chocolate to make you fat?

29. choolio

choolio Member

iglesias?
    bwuu best uu yn
    will u try this stour season? (idk if u got asked that once actually)
    McMeh should change his forum name to McMeh yn
    study more?!!?!?!

ZoroDark likes this.
  30. Ascarotte

Ascarotte Well-Known Member Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

What do you think you need to improve on most as a TA?
    How do you do at the local quizzes? Who do you tend to go with?
    How do you feel about Europe and the EU?
    Describe yourself using a verb and a vegetable.
    Where Is the Love?

31. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

I meant Dude24. y/n?

Draciel stole some of my question, he is dumb y/n?

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  32. ZoroDark

@[OG] Swanna Lady
    Here's a few questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE

Why are you so fat?

im not

What food do you eat to make yourself so fat?
    see above

Any tips on getting fat?

see above

Favourite Taylor Swift song? Least Favourite? Best album? Worst Album?

im not a huge fan of her (like i enjoy her songs when they play on the radio but i don't think i've ever listened to an entire album). my favorite song is "i knew you were trouble" i guess.

Opinion on Shadow of the Colossus? Favourite Colossus?

idk what any of that means

What's your favourite coloured number of the alphabet?

huh

Do you eat Belgian chocolate to make you fat?

belgian chocolate really is fantastic but seriously you're not funny lol

@choolio
    iglesias?
    =D

bwuu best uu yn

i honestly never liked bw uu that much :O it's pretty cool and balanced but it was never my favorite tier knowwhatimsayin. it's slightly better than any of rby / gsc / dpp / oras uu though.

will u try this stour season? (idk if u got asked that once actually)

yeah i'll probably play week again but it's very questionable if i'll be able to come close to matching my score from last season lol

McMeh should change his forum name to McMeh yn

but he's the ASH_CHAMPION

study more?!!?!?!

i am the worst student but my exams have gone pretty well so go me???

one of the coolest users on po and someone i would get along with irl as well i think. watching you talk about gsc has learned me a lot about the tier so that's nice too!!

@Ascarotte
    What do you think you need to improve on most as a TA?
    probably learning the commands because i have to look them up 90% of the times im trying to do something

How do you do at the local quizzes? Who do you tend to go with?

ok well basically senior year of high school, a couple of teachers set up a quiz team for 2 quizzes between schools in flanders. there was a selection process and everything because our school took it very seriously and the team ended up being me + 4 of my friends / classmates. we ended up finishing first in the province and 4th nationally at a "who's the smartest high school of belgium (well only flanders really but w/e)" and actually won another quiz sponsored by a big belgian magazine. we won a citytrip for 20 students to berlin which was pretty amazing. ever since, we've gone to quizzes in the region occasionally but we haven't really had too much success at those mainly because there's always a bunch of superteams who do pretty much any quiz in the region. it's just for fun though and it always is fun so ya.

How do you feel about Europe and the EU?

This is a really broad question but I'm pro-Europe and European nations being part of the EU stand stronger than those who aren't. It's hard finding a balance between giving more power to the EU (like a United States of Europe kinda thing) vs conserving the unique identity of each nation and that debate is fascinating. Generally like most semi-intelligent people I think, I consider anti-European and populistic parties like UKIP idiotic.

Describe yourself using a verb and a vegetable.

entertain - carrot (idk this is kinda weird oO)

Where Is the Love?

you should ask the black eyed peas they've been looking for a longer time than i have.

very nice user / good leaderwho's very accessible (there've been other sta's, like wriggle) and who's also incredibly good at trivia :O

@The Dude
    I meant Dude24. y/n?
    oh lol i didn't get that at all. idk it's pretty much the same thing, numbers generally look kinda silly so i'd stick with the dude personally.

Draciel stole some of my question, he is dumb y/n?
    agree, i pity his future patients n_n

Edna, E.T., The Dude and 4 others like this.
  33. ShowMeTheMankey

ShowMeTheMankey savage

who is your favourite Belgian?
    why is it Benteke?

who is your favourite Indigo girl?
    why is it BR?

34. Raducan

when are you going to let fitzy start his profile?

just kidding i'm dumb fitzy already did his

since the next person doesn't want to do one, i will leave this open long enough for you to answer Mankey's questions :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Edna and Fate Testarossa like this.
  35. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Proof/Agufmo/Omfuga
    who's the best PO origin player on smogon :o

36. inigomontoya

inigomontoya Slightly Less Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Yveltal / ddrox13
    While this is still up...

Why do I never get on Trivia?
    Why is Finch so trollable?
    Do you consider Zoroark viable in any tier?
    Why is you name based on a bad pokemon?
    Who will win the POCL?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  37. ZoroDark

damn i thought i was done with this, ill edit in the last stuff later

38. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
  39. Raducan